Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If We Had The Top Two Picks?

oldunclemark

Since the Rams have a high-priced QB and they're looking to trade that No.2 pick.

...what If the Colts gave them a call.

Trade our No. 2 (which is 34th overall) and our No.1 the next 2 years..

which we except to be late rounders...

for the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft.

We could then draft Andrew Luck and RG3

dealing RG3 and our No. 32 overall to Cleveland for their picks No. 4, No. 26 and No. 37...

..what stops us from doing this...??

Since the Rams have a high-priced QB and they're looking to trade that No.2 pick.

dealing RG3 and our No. 32 overall to Cleveland for their picks No. 4, No. 26 and No. 37...

I think I traded the same pick twice

The deals would be ..

Our No. 34 and our 2013 and 2014 No. 1s for this years Rams No. 2 overall.

Then we'd draft RG3 sending him to Cleveland for their two No. 1s....No. 4 and No. 26...

The Rams then have 4 No. 1s the next 2 years,

Cleveland gets RG3.....to start at QB..and they keep all future No. 2s and No. 11s

WE get Luck and two No. 1s out of this draft...

..and everybody's happy

Our 1st rounders aren't going to be late 1st rounders the next two years, are you serious????????????????? Our best chance is to trade our pick and trade back and get multiply picks. Were getting Luck but he's going to have nothing around him. Not good my friends!

But Luck probably wont be staring...Manning probably will..and he's led this 'nothing' team to the playoffs before

I think the contracts of those picks would be too much, although we would be ridding ourselves of couple future first round contracts, so I guess it kinda balances out.

I don't know if it would be feasible but I'd rather try and get away with giving up our 2nd for this year, our first for next year, and our 2nd the following year. They probably wouldn't accept that deal though.

Not the worst idea I''ve heard on here.

That's even worse. I'm not a fan of trading future draft picks. We would still end up losing one draft pick after all is said and done, not a good option for a rebuilding team (or reloading or whatever you want to call it)

I like high picks NOW as opposed to high picks LATER..

Most folks would be.

I like high picks NOW as opposed to high picks LATER..

Most folks would be.

We say that now, but let's say we trade our first and second round picks next year to move into the top 5 this year. I don't think many people would be very happy next year when we don't pick until the 3rd round. It's nice in the short term, but in the long term, I don't think it's a very good idea

We say that now, but let's say we trade our first and second round picks next year to move into the top 5 this year. I don't think many people would be very happy next year when we don't pick until the 3rd round. It's nice in the short term, but in the long term, I don't think it's a very good idea

They're basically the same thing...

Under my double trade scenario...the Colts would have 3 No.1 this year and none in 2013 and 2014

If we leave it alone..we have one each year...

It seems like a strong draft this year.....That's the thought

They're basically the same thing...

Under my double trade scenario...the Colts would have 3 No.1 this year and none in 2013 and 2014

If we leave it alone..we have one each year...

It seems like a strong draft this year.....That's the thought

I wouldn't say they are the same. First and second round picks are valuable. You expect those guys to make your team and be starters. In essence, we are giving up a starter.

I wouldn't say they are the same. First and second round picks are valuable. You expect those guys to make your team and be starters. In essence, we are giving up a starter.

But high No.1 are sure starters..

The scenario I plotted gave up one a second round pick...

...I'd take 3 starters now..and ride out 2 years without a No.1

Is this a good draft or not?

I agree. I never liked the fact that we traded a future 1st round pick to get Uhgo. Bad decision on a bad choice.

That's even worse. I'm not a fan of trading future draft picks. We would still end up losing one draft pick after all is said and done, not a good option for a rebuilding team (or reloading or whatever you want to call it)

Yeah 2 years of no 1st round picks is not appealing but there are some great 1st rounders to be had now. I don't know.

But high No.1 are sure starters..

The scenario I plotted gave up one a second round pick...

...I'd take 3 starters now..and ride out 2 years without a No.1

Is this a good draft or not?

No, sir, they are not. Cases in point include guys like Russell, Leaf, Mandarich and Bosworth. But let's just say they do for the case of argument. With your trade, we would get:

-3 first round picks this year

-0 second round picks this year

-0 first round picks in 2013

-1 second round pick in 2013

-0 first round picks in 2014

-1 second round pick in 2014

-----------------------------------------

Grand total: 5 starters

Without your trade, we would get:

-1 first round pick this year

-1 second round pick this year

-1 first round pick in 2013

-1 first round pick in 2014

Grand total: 6 starters + there are no 0s on there

It's better to have more draft picks when you are rebuilding. And in the next two years our first rounders will still be pretty high. I dont see any real benefit except we might get two really good players this year. But we would have less of a chance to get more good players in the future. Also there is no guarantee that first rounders will be good. Many first rounders turn out to be busts or just decent.

No, sir, they are not. Cases in point include guys like Russell, Leaf, Mandarich and Bosworth. But let's just say they do for the case of argument. With your trade, we would get:

-3 first round picks this year

-0 second round picks this year

-0 first round picks in 2013

-0 first round picks in 2014

Grand total: 5 starters

Without your trade, we would get:

-1 first round pick this year

-1 second round pick this year

-1 first round pick in 2013

-1 first round pick in 2014

Grand total: 6 starters + there are no 0s on there

I would take that because the 3 No. 1s. could be big time....

..the 3 2nds...most likely are not...agreed.....

You can differ//but I'd like the 3 No.1s now....

Let the future play out.

I would take that because the 3 No. 1s. could be big time....

..the 3 2nds...most likely are not...agreed.....

You can differ//but I'd like the 3 No.1s now....

Let the future play out.

haha yeah, it doesn't look like either of us will convince the other. I guess we'll see what happens. I certainly understand your position though; first round picks are usually more talented and have a greater chance of being starters and making a bigger impact than second rounders

how about just trading our 2nd round pick and next years 2nd round pick for clevelands i think its 26th pick in the first round (maybe wrong) and hope we can obtain Michael Floyd or Baylors WR with that pick? those two WR's are decent enough. but to be honest when was the last time the colts picked a WR in the first round? they have been good at draftings receivers, its all in the matter of staying healthy

If the Rams tooks this deal the NFL needs to check us to see if we have some kinda control over the Rams.

The Rams are probably going to get at least two first rounders (if not three) and a couple of second rounders to move back.

No way do they take a deal that doesn't have them getting a first rounder this year.

But Luck probably wont be staring...Manning probably will..and he's led this 'nothing' team to the playoffs before

But Manning probably wont be a Colt next year. Luck will probably be starting. I love to gamble with people like Uncle Mark.............think with your heart and not your brain.

The only way this is a good deal is if Indy ends up picking toward the end of the draft the next two years, and I think that is unrealistically optimistic for this team at this point in time. It could happen, but I wouldn't bank our draft future on it.

Not Irsay, but hopefully a GM who has a clue....

If a team trades up to do this /\ They are utterly stupid.... Teams are built in the draft.... not by selling "ones" draft.