Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts won today and cost themselves the 2nd pick!!!

csmopar

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Ugh... please don’t remind us.... how can you say you’d rather have a meaningless W.  That second overall pick is very valuable this year because of the number of qbs that will go in the first round and the amount of teams in the top 10 that need a QB.

Are you serious? 1 there are at least 3/ 4 QB 's in the first rd. 2 throw in a rb, dl, safety, guard, tackle, and a cornerback and that's off the top of my head! I like 3 to a take who you want or b get someone to overpay for what they want! Either way your good!

5 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Ugh... please don’t remind us.... how can you say you’d rather have a meaningless W.  That second overall pick is very valuable this year because of the number of qbs that will go in the first round and the amount of teams in the top 10 that need a QB.

Simple:

while it'd been nice to have the 2nd round pick, I will never tell a team they need to lose. That's unethical in my book and as much as I dislike Pagano has a head coach, the fact that his players decided to play hard in a meaningless game speaks volumes...... not so much as to chuck Pagano but the players themselves. The never quit/give up mentality is something we need in ALL of our players. For once, all season long, this team showed toughness. We have been begging for this all year long. They finally did it and I will not criticize a team for winning.... ever

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Are you serious? 1 there are at least 3/ 4 QB 's in the first rd. 2 throw in a rb, dl, safety, guard, tackle, and a cornerback and that's off the top of my head! I like 3 to a take who you want or b get someone to overpay for what they want! Either way your good!

And I’m saying it would be much better to have the number two overall pick.  I’m of the mindset that you trade this pick to somewhere in the 7-10 range.  You still get a great franchise player and you get multiple other early round picks.  Maybe even another first.  Either way you look at it 3!8/ less valuable than 2. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Simple:

while it'd been nice to have the 2nd round pick, I will never tell a team they need to lose. That's unethical in my book and as much as I dislike Pagano has a head coach, the fact that his players decided to play hard in a meaningless game speaks volumes...... not so much as to chuck Pagano but the players themselves. The never quit/give up mentality is something we need in ALL of our players. For once, all season long, this team showed toughness. We have been begging for this all year long. They finally did it and I will not criticize a team for winning.... ever

Correction you may have been begging a large majority of our fans took this season for what it was a lost season.  I’ll take one bad season to reload talent wise.  If that means tanking then tank. 

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Correction you may have been begging a large majority of our fans took this season for what it was a lost season.  I’ll take one bad season to reload talent wise.  If that means tanking then tank. 

The talent difference between a 2nd and 3rd in the 1st round isnt gonna be much...... 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Simple:

I don't think anybody wanted the players and coaches to throw the game on purpose. Well, I wouldn't have been sad to see Tolzien start lol

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Lets say Cleveland buys that Rosen and Darnold dont want to play for them and the takes Barkley at number 1 thinking they can get Josh Allen with the 4th pick. The #3 pick then becomes just as valuable as #2 would have been. A lot of things cane happen by April.

Darnold already came out and said he would play for anyone.

Just now, BOTT said:

Darnold already came out and said he would play for anyone.

Publically yeah, but once he hires an agent and his "camp" gets in his head, anything can happen. A lot of times this kinda thing happens behind the scenes, just like Trent Dilfer telling the Colts privately that he would not play for them (which Mel Kiper then roasted the Colts for not taking him). Althoughit may be a tad harder to do in todays media age.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Publically yeah, but once he hires an agent and his "camp" gets in his head, anything can happen. A lot of times this kinda thing happens behind the scenes, just like Trent Dilfer telling the Colts privately that he would not play for them (which Mel Kiper then roasted the Colts for not taking him). Althoughit may be a tad harder to do in todays media age.

Where did you hear that about Dilfer?  Never heard that one.

42 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

And I’m saying it would be much better to have the number two overall pick.  I’m of the mindset that you trade this pick to somewhere in the 7-10 range.  You still get a great franchise player and you get multiple other early round picks.  Maybe even another first.  Either way you look at it 3!8/ less valuable than 2. 

Not by much in my book! If teams go QB 1 or 2 someone will be desperate to trade! Honestly unless we get a % lot of good picks I would rather draft a  potential he great player! 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not that drastic of a change. I think the Colts will still be able to do what they want to do a number three just as they would have at number two.

Disagree. If luck needs surgery then u get qb at 2 as giants will take one there.

38 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Lets say Cleveland buys that Rosen and Darnold dont want to play for them and the takes Barkley at number 1 thinking they can get Josh Allen with the 4th pick. The #3 pick then becomes just as valuable as #2 would have been. A lot of things can happen by April.

A lot will happen by April someone will fall in love with Mayfield too

37 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Dilfer told the Colts he wouldn't play for them hum never heard that one!

1 hour ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

We're not drafting a QB