Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts won today and cost themselves the 2nd pick!!!

csmopar

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chuck Pagano's job is to win games.    Not to worry about the draft pick.

Thats the GMs job.

If we want the 2nd overall pick then we trade for it.   It's not Pagano's job to go get it.   That's Chris Ballard's job.

How dare you come in here with all this sense & reason???

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

He does not know himself until he amps throws. Maybe Ballard can get Alex Smith as FA in case. Brissett is not the answer as a starter.

Brissett I agree jury out! I have had the same surgery as luck 3 times 2 on throwing shoulder he will be fine sitting out this year honestly was the best thing for him!

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

no guarantee we would have gotten a trade

even if we did, no guarantee that would make us better than picking at #3

good win, go colts!

No guarantees but if it might have,  and just the possibility was reason enough to want a loss. 

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I know that my point is a lot of teams will want a qb and would me willing to trade for the second overall vs 3.  They now don’t have to jump the giants.  

We can do the same thing with the 3rd pick, you do realize a lot of GM's think highly of Mayfield. Also who's to say the Giants will even Draft a QB? Rosen and Darnold may not even go 1 and 2. Also why are some sold on the fact we are going to trade down? Maybe Ballard already knows who he wants at #3 and all along wanted to keep that pick because we don't need a QB anyway. People flipping out over picking 3rd instead of 2nd looks really bad for our fanbase. Fans of other teams are probably laughing at that.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can do the same thing with the 3rd pick, you do realize a lot of GM's think highly of Mayfield. Also who's to say the Giants will even Draft a QB? Rosen and Darnold may not even go 1 and 2. Also why are some sold on the fact we are going to trade down? Maybe Ballard already knows who he wants at #3 and all along wanted to keep that pick because we don't need a QB anyway. People flipping out over picking 3rd instead of 2nd looks really bad for our fanbase. Fans of other teams are probably laughing at that.

You don't know that we can do the same thing with 3 we could with 2... regardless the win wasn't worth any chance we could have done more. Would rather have even just slightly better odds of being able to do something with a 2 we couldn't do with a 3 than a meaningless win. 

55 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Where did you hear that about Dilfer?  Never heard that one.

He was interviewed in one of those NFL Network "Caught in the Draft" films. He admitted to manipulating the draft by tellimg the Colts he wouldnt play there. He also admitted he regretted it. I'll see if I can track it down.

1 minute ago, esmort said:

You don't know that we can do the same thing with 3 we could with 2... regardless the win wasn't worth any chance we could have done more. Would rather have even just slightly better odds of being able to do something with a 2 we couldn't do with a 3 than a meaningless win. 

Also I would be willing to bet a lot of teams would be willing to trade with us to get Barkley as well. Something nobody has brought up.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He was interviewed in one of those NFL Network "Caught in the Draft" films. He admitted to manipulating the draft by tellimg the Colts he wouldnt play there. He also admitted he regretted it. I'll see if I can track it down.

I take your word for it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also I would be willing to bet a lot of teams would be willing to trade with us to get Barkley as well. Something nobody has brought up.

Not sure teams are going to trade up that high for a rb.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The Giants aren't the only QB needy team......

That’s my point though.  Had we been two there would have been activity to trade up past the giants.  Now there will be less teams looking to move up.  We are te a threat to draft a QB.  Cleveland will take one at one so they won’t be a threat at 5.  There’s no point in anyone trading. Up unless they panic they are going to lose their guy.  I would have rather had the 2nd pick with an assurance there was going to be people looking to trade for it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe, but that is a scenario  that we could have taken advantage of at 2 as well... there are scenarios that could possibly only be available at 2. Winning this game has no benefits only potential negatives. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Giants might actually Draft Barkley and stick with Eli now that McaDont is gone.

You keep coming up for all these scenarios why 3 is as good as 2, but every scenario you come up with would have also benefitted us at 2 but many more scenarios that would benefit us at 2 are not available at 3.

5 minutes ago, esmort said:

You keep coming up for all these scenarios why 3 is as good as 2, but every scenario you come up with would have also benefitted us at 2 but many more scenarios that would benefit us at 2 are not available at 3.

I honestly just don't think picking 3rd instead of 2nd is a huge deal like you do and many others do is why I have laid out at least 10 different scenerio's for you to explain why. If you want to be upset about picking 3rd instead of 2nd then worry over it I guess. I just don't think it's a big deal.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I wouldn't be.... Eli needs a stud RB in my opinion. That would take some pressure off of him. I could see them doing that

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know they need a RB badly. Once McAdont got fired, Eli was back in.

Eli is 37 and hasn't looked all that great the past few yrs.

Just now, aaron11 said:

how well have we done taking guys in the middle of the rounds?

First we wouldn't have to trade down if we didn't want, and even if we did we might not trade down that far, and if we did trade down that far we would have picked up a ton of extra picks increasing the likelihood of hitting on more players. 

Suggesting that we are better off because we will have less options is ludicrous.