Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Is Getting Healthier

BmoreColt

I am surprised nobody posted this already, but mort reported on NFL 32 that Peyton is throwing with a tight spiral and good velocity. He has spoken with the receivers catching from Manning and Archie. This I would assume isnt first hand observation, but apparently Manning can make all the throws he does from the passing tree in pre game warm up.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no surprise to me, but thanks for the information!

I suspect Peyton will be his old (younger) self in 2012. Now if only we can work out a new contract...

I don't mean to be a downer, but let me ask you this:

Do you expect anyone who's allowed to watch or participate to say anything negative about how he's throwing?

As opposed to an "expert" source for Kravitz claiming Manning has a noodle arm (which most people here accepted immediately). Or perhaps the expert sources for John Clayton who claimed "the strength just isn't there..." (Again, everyone here accepted.)

I expect Frogs and cap-experts to quickly dismiss this information, as anything positive regarding Manning just isn't allowed.

It's all speculation at this point, but the real logic has thus far pointed to two things:

1. Manning and Irsay are NOT at odds with each other.

2. Manning is getting healthier.

I don't mean to be a downer, but let me ask you this:

Do you expect anyone who's allowed to watch or participate to say anything negative about how he's throwing?

I would have to agree wih this as much as it pains me. I have been a Colt's fan since the early 70's with Bert Jones as my all time favorite. I had a second QB I admired from the time, Archie Manning. Though Archie's meddeling in this situation coupled with other situations leads me to have lost much faith in his word. Show me a video or let's hear from a reciever that caught these passes and I will have some faith in the situation....without it, it's just more subterfuge, imvho.

This is no surprise to me, but thanks for the information!

I suspect Peyton will be his old (younger) self in 2012. Now if only we can work out a new contract...

As opposed to an "expert" source for Kravitz claiming Manning has a noodle arm (which most people here accepted immediately). Or perhaps the expert sources for John Clayton who claimed "the strength just isn't there..." (Again, everyone here accepted.)

I expect Frogs and cap-experts to quickly dismiss this information, as anything positive regarding Manning just isn't allowed.

It's all speculation at this point, but the real logic has thus far pointed to two things:

1. Manning and Irsay are NOT at odds with each other.

2. Manning is getting healthier.

I personally disregard any "sources" unless they're named. We know Peyton has been throwing with Gonzo, and a few others. They've said he looks good. That doesn't mean he's throwing 100% or even 80.

We also know he was good enough at the end of last season to play redzone, so he's not far off.

Personally, I'm hoping the nerve clicks and he's throwing bullets when they work him out. Then we'll see who flinches.

I would have to agree wih this as much as it pains me. I have been a Colt's fan since the early 70's with Bert Jones as my all time favorite. I had a second QB I admired from the time, Archie Manning. Though Archie's meddeling in this situation coupled with other situations leads me to have lost much faith in his word. Show me a video or let's hear from a reciever that caught these passes and I will have some faith in the situation....without it, it's just more subterfuge, imvho.

OMG, Bert Jones fan here, you my friend are not alone!!!

thats not true. the way i see it. no one knows how peyton is expect for him. the media is just fishing for a story.

My point was, if they had reported that Manning was no where near ready and throwing like a 5 year old girl.....the posts by some on here would be how they are "just fishing for a story" and trying to make things up to generate news.

I agree with you....nobody in the media knows how he's doing.

I am surprised nobody posted this already, but more reports on NFL 32 that Peyton is throwing with a tight spiral and good velocity. He has spoken with the receivers catching from Manning and Archie. This I would assume isn't first hand observation, but apparently Manning can make all the throws he does from the passing tree in pre-game warm up.

I would believe this if it came from PM or Irsay directly. I do believe that PM would not waste his, the organizations, or the fans time if he wasn't making some positive improvements in arm strength but still need to hear it from him or Irsay first. I mean seriously if he was lying about his arm then whoever is interested in signing him still would have to see him throw first. And with PM's phenomenal work ethic and personal standard to excellence not withstanding his honesty and humility I doubt he would make a mockery of himself and the organization with such a charade.

My point was, if they had reported that Manning was no where near ready and throwing like a 5 year old girl.....the posts by some on here would be how they are "just fishing for a story" and trying to make things up to generate news.

I agree with you....nobody in the media knows how he's doing.

I think it cuts both ways, people that want to see Manning finish his career here latch onto "positive" news and those that want to start over tend to latch onto the "negative" news.

Same here. Bert Jones was really special.

Ah

when negative news comes from ESPN its bad, the sources are unreliable, they spin stuff

when good news comes from ESPN its acceptable

This is not a shot at anyone but reminding that if you are attacking the media its a two way road

It sounds right to me! Those two and Lydell Mitchell were quite the show back in the day!

I saw Jones play his rookie year against the Browns up in the old Cleveland stadium. I still remember some Browns fans in back of me saying "he'll never amount to anything..."

He could have been one of he all time greats if it weren't for the injuries.

I saw Jones play his rookie year against the Browns up in the old Cleveland stadium. I still remember some Browns fans in back of me saying "he'll never amount to anything..."

I believe that, too. There were some amazing win streaks with him & some insane ypc stats with Carr and Mitchell setting RB reception marks. Plus everything else. Awesome player.

I agree! Ernie Acorsi said that under different circumstances he would have been the greatest NFL PLAYER EVER. Ernie knew a thing or wo....or three ;)

Marshal said it a few posts above, Manning wouldnt waste everyones and his own time. IMO if Manning is training he is gonna play next year, where remains to be seen. I would like it to be in Indy, and thought most in here would too which is why I shared what I heard.

You ain't never lied. Lydell Mitchell was Marshall Faulk before Marshall Faulk was Marshall Faulk.

I remember as a kid I went to a MNF game Colts vs dolphins at the Orange Bowl. And I had a clicker like the pitching coaches have to keep track of the pitch count.And I kept track of Lydelll Mitchells yardage.I don't know why, it wasn't like I couldn't find out later.

I personally disregard any "sources" unless they're named. We know Peyton has been throwing with Gonzo, and a few others. They've said he looks good. That doesn't mean he's throwing 100% or even 80.

We also know he was good enough at the end of last season to play redzone, so he's not far off.

Personally, I'm hoping the nerve clicks and he's throwing bullets when they work him out. Then we'll see who flinches.

You should know that any report stating that Gonzo lasted more than 1 throwing session with Manning should be considered to have zero credibility. Gonzo was injured on the 2nd route of the 1st session last November. There is no timetable for his return.

I remember as a kid I went to a MNF game Colts vs dolphins at the Orange Bowl. And I had a clicker like the pitching coaches have to keep track of the pitch count.And I kept track of Lydelll Mitchells yardage.I don't know why, it wasn't like I couldn't find out later.

That's awesome. Prolly.....Czonka & Griese, Warfield, for the Fins then that about right?

Yeah cause it doesn't work that way when it's a negative report. I bet I can find you all over a negative report regarding Manning.

Happy hunting.....

Pretty much all along I've said that nobody knows what's going on with him and his health....and regardless of what they do know I expect him to be released by March 8th.