Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coach.

Matabix

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I believe Pagano is going...Living here in NY metro area I like to listen to Mike Francesca on Monday's ....It has all been about the Giants today.....Francesca ( who supposedly knows the Alabama coach ) took  a call from a NY Giants fan asking about Saban for the Giants....And Francesca responded he knows how Saban feels about Andrew  and said the only NFL team that Saban would stop and consider ( and it would be considered) is whoever has Andrew Luck....Again supposedly Francesca knows Saban.

Don't want Saban, so that doesn't really get me going at all.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I believe Pagano is going...Living here in NY metro area I like to listen to Mike Francesca on Monday's ....It has all been about the Giants today.....Francesca ( who supposedly knows the Alabama coach ) took  a call from a NY Giants fan asking about Saban for the Giants....And Francesca responded he knows how Saban feels about Andrew  and said the only NFL team that Saban would stop and consider ( and it would be considered) is whoever has Andrew Luck....Again supposedly Francesca knows Saban.

I guess this reinforces the theory that a Colts HC opening would be high on a potential candidates list due to the fact that we have a franchise QB in Luck.  Saban , of all people, feeling that way speaks volumes.  Last year the opening was never available and potential coaches would not speak about it.  This year that could all change and so could the interest. 

After doing a little reading and just listening to some Toub press conferences and just some gut feel stuff I can sort of see Toub as a HC with the right staff in place.  He seems like a guy that would be a good teacher and leader.  Sure some of the other stuff you look for in terms of experience isn't there so it's a little bit of an unknown. 

I was totally against it in the past, but I just went into it with an open mind and some gut feeling.  Not my first choice, but I wouldn't  blow a gasket over it.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:11 PM, Matabix said:

I like Coach Pagano, but reality is he's most likely out. So time to think about a new coach and what this team needs. I think we need an innovative young offensive minded coach. We need to show some of these NFL defenses something they haven't seen. I would like to keep Coach Philbin as OC/OL coach. Experience playcaller, but calling someone else's play style. Would like to keep a 3/4 defense. Or back to Indy2 D(cheaper defense).

Just my 2 cents.

You like him WHY?

On 11/13/2017 at 11:01 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I don't understand why you expect him to be any other way?  He is a head coach. He is not going to throw his players or coordinators under the bus publically.

Come January it will be up to Irsay and Ballard to make any choices on changes. What you, me or anyone else thinks in this forum will have no bearing on it.

Most everyone knows where I stand as far as Pagano is concerned but what I think makes no difference either. None of us have a crystal ball so in reality we just don't know.

I don't know man....  I only know of you and NCF on this board that defends Pagano.  I have a guy on my website that also does. And that is your prerogative....  but if you don't think that Irsay listens to the fans and how disgruntled they are is crazy... maybe that is the reason for your name IDK......  I am sure he knows the disgust 99.9% of the fan base have for Pagano and doesn't want to lose them.....    he is in this to make money besides his love for the Colts 

IMO I don't think he expected the backlash from fans when he fired only Grigson.  I bet he figured he would have approval for just getting rid of Grigson....  it backfired. And I don't think he makes the mistake again...

The other guy that was rumored Matt Nagy I'll have to get more info on but the little bit of info I gathered on him along with my gut feel I wasn't as comfortable.  Of course it's very early and there's more to learn, but Toub seemed like more of the type to get people to rally around him.  The type that players would respect.  And again I'm not calling for Toub to be hired.  It was just my impressions after a little digging.

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I don't know man....  I only know of you and NCF on this board that defends Pagano.  I have a guy on my website that also does. And that is your prerogative....  but if you don't think that Irsay listens to the fans and how disgruntled they are is crazy... maybe that is the reason for your name IDK......  I am sure he knows the disgust 99.9% of the fan base have for Pagano and doesn't want to lose them.....    he is in this to make money besides his love for the Colts 

IMO I don't think he expected the backlash from fans when he fired only Grigson.  I bet he figured he would have approval for just getting rid of Grigson....  it backfired. And I don't think he makes the mistake again...

If there is one thing I do know about Jimmy is he does what he thinks is best for his team. Right or wrong and regardless of what this forum thinks. Has he made mistakes? Yes. This league is not run by hindsight. That is something for the fans to make an issue with. Irsay cut Manning and that was against what the fans wanted. Most understood but didn't agree with it. They thought Manning should have stayed and Luck should sit and learn from him. Hindsight tells us that Jimmy did indeed make a mistake.

The thing that is wrong is you and a few more telling me and anyone that are positive about Pagano are wrong because of a difference of opinion. It is not defending, It is realizing why things happen and how it effected this team.  The bigger part of what went wrong was out of Pagano's hands. The problems this team faces goes much deeper than Pagano.

26 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

The only thing I defend Pagano over is the notion that he's a bad coach.    Or sub-par.

But I don't defend him to the extent that I still think he should be the HC next year.     I've stated all year that I expect this will be Pagano's last year and that I'm fine with it.     I think he should be let go despite having 2 more years on his cotract.     I think Ballard should be able to hire his own guy and that guy should hire his own staff.    Been saying that since January when most thought that Irsay was firing Pagano and trying to hire a big name coach to replace him.

Could Pagano still be retained?     Sure.     But I don't think it's likely.    I think it's far more likely that Irsay fires Pagano and within a few weeks Ballard hires a new HC.

And I'll be perfectly fine with it.

Just wanted to make sure positions are clear......

49 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If there is one thing I do know about Jimmy is he does what he thinks is best for his team. Right or wrong and regardless of what this forum thinks. Has he made mistakes? Yes. This league is not run by hindsight. That is something for the fans to make an issue with. Irsay cut Manning and that was against what the fans wanted. Most understood but didn't agree with it. They thought Manning should have stayed and Luck should sit and learn from him. Hindsight tells us that Jimmy did indeed make a mistake.

The thing that is wrong is you and a few more telling me and anyone that are positive about Pagano are wrong because of a difference of opinion. It is not defending, It is realizing why things happen and how it effected this team.  The bigger part of what went wrong was out of Pagano's hands. The problems this team faces goes much deeper than Pagano.

I didn't say this forum....  there are only a few hundred posters on here....  but when you talk about hundreds of thousands of colts fans that disapprove he is well aware...

the only peopple who who didn't agree with letting Manning go in favor of Luck were uneducated on the circumstances surrounding the decision.  

6 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I didn't say this forum....  there are only a few hundred posters on here....  but when you talk about hundreds of thousands of colts fans that disapprove he is well aware...

the only peopple who who didn't agree with letting Manning go in favor of Luck were uneducated on the circumstances surrounding the decision.  

No doubt he knows. But that will not stop him from doing what he thinks is best for his team. He has shown in the past he will make the hard decisions and do as he sees fit. I have been seeing what he does and his tendencies for a long time.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No doubt he knows. But that will not stop him from doing what he thinks is best for his team. He has shown in the past he will make the hard decisions and do as he sees fit. I have been seeing what he does and his tendencies for a long time.

Fair enough 

58 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I thought bill polian was in favor of keeping manning.   He was certainly educated on the circumstances.   I’m sure there were others 

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Fair enough 

In reality no matter what any one of us who's opinion are different knows what he will do.

Only time will tell Now it's a wait and see what happens. All the talk will be over when the time comes and all the talk will move onto something else. That is the NFL. Always been that way and is not going to change.

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apparently a scheme fit issue...   that's always been the stated reason...

As a third down pass rusher I didn't think scheme really mattered since primarily that's all he's used for? I'd take him as extra pass rusher for sure lol