Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Still Like Jim Irsay

oldunclemark

Yes..he acts rich....and he's Mr. big boss...a fancy suit wearing big shot who tweets too much

....but he's got a way about him that makes him seem like a good guy.

You never doubt he wants what's best for the team and he seems to enjoy hinting with the people about what's going on.

He clearly likes to be quoted and he's got a crazy charisma that Mitt Romney would kill for...

Plus.he's going to leave the Colts to his daughters......

How crazy is that.?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

BREAKING! A brand new BMW car will be given away to the one who can predict all 32 1rst round draft picks correctly! NO GUESSES ACCEPTED YET

It is literally impossible for someone to guess all 32 first round picks because of all trades.

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

BREAKING! A brand new BMW car will be given away to the one who can predict all 32 1rst round draft picks correctly! NO GUESSES ACCEPTED YET

From last years $10 million reward posted by Bud Light;

In order for the prize to be awarded, an eligible entrant must correctly predict all 32 players selected in the first round of the Draft in their exact order of selection, with the correct spelling of each player’s name, in accordance with these Official Rules.”

They should have it so people are guessing in what order each of the first 32 players is selected, not whom selects them. Doesn't that sound at least plausible to guess?

To the OP; I used to really like Irsay. Now I'm torn. I can't decide if he's an eccentric man or a an egomaniac?

He's alittle bit of a whacko sometimes but I feel he obviously wants what's best for the team. I have mixed feelings about him. I think the media has kind of swayed my opinion about him and I shouldn't let that happen. However, in the end the media is far worse than he is. I hope once everything gets settled in I'll end up liking him more than I ever have. I just need to see how both Irsay and Manning handle the situation completely. That being said I'll always be a Colts fan.

Go Colts!!!!!

He's alittle bit of a whacko sometimes but I feel he obviously wants what's best for the team. I have mixed feelings about him. I think the media has kind of swayed my opinion about him and I shouldn't let that happen. However, in the end the media is far worse than he is. I hope once everything gets settled in I'll end up liking him more than I ever have. I just need to see how both Irsay and Manning handle the situation completely. That being said I'll always be a Colts fan.

Go Colts!!!!!

Personally, I can't see why anyone, fan, media or player would hate him.

I get that some don't like twitter or the way he uses it

Or his suits

that's just personal taste

but hate?

the man has shown nothing but love for Indianapolis, the Colts, and Colts fans

He doesn't deserve hate

He's actually a lot of fun.........and in addition is a great owner.

I think that's difficult to impossible for some people to wrap their heads around.

He is different and I guess that makes him a target.

But I don't see why they have to hate him or post nasty comments about him

I'll say this, whether or not you like his tweets............you don't see him hating with it

Did he seriously say he'd give away a new car to anyone who can predict all 32 choices correctly in the April draft.??

He gave away a Prius last year. I cannot remember the exact contest but it was easier to enter.

The closest guess won type of thing

Go Colts!!!!!

I agree, to paraphrase PM, he seems to walk on egg shells around the media. Yet they still interpret things he says to fit their agenda.

I truly believe he wants what's best for both the Colts AND Peyton.

I think even though Jim Irsay can do some things that are considered "weird" or "crazy". I think he is actually a very good owner. He loves the Colts and is dedicated to having the best team in the NFL. I actually like the twitter idea because he does have an ear to the fans and I think that helped us to make a change in regime. I don't think it influenced his decision to oust the Polians and Caldwell, but I think if he wanted to keep sales up, he might as well listen to the people filling his stadium.

Yes..he acts rich....and he's Mr. big boss...a fancy suit wearing big shot who tweets too much

....but he's got a way about him that makes him seem like a good guy.

You never doubt he wants what's best for the team and he seems to enjoy hinting with the people about what's going on.

He clearly likes to be quoted and he's got a crazy charisma that Mitt Romney would kill for...

Plus.he's going to leave the Colts to his daughters......

How crazy is that.?

I never hated anyone more in my entire life

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 20, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, February 20, 2012 - personal shot

Then you are a sad, sad individual. And not a very good troll.

first of all you are reported for insulting me.

troll??? I will say it again, I hate Mr. Irsay.

what is so troll about that? You are the sad individual for loving and supporting burgeois cowards that run all the best players out of town and have a horrible family history.

Go worship satan you sad human being!

From last years $10 million reward posted by Bud Light;

In order for the prize to be awarded, an eligible entrant must correctly predict all 32 players selected in the first round of the Draft in their exact order of selection, with the correct spelling of each player’s name, in accordance with these Official Rules.”

They should have it so people are guessing in what order each of the first 32 players is selected, not whom selects them. Doesn't that sound at least plausible to guess?

To the OP; I used to really like Irsay. Now I'm torn. I can't decide if he's an eccentric man or a an egomaniac?

I dont think the 2 are mutually exclusive..in his case

He's a bit of an egomaniac...a bit of an eccentric...

..but I never wonder if he's having a good time or enjoying his life...

..and I think he really does appreciate fans of his team..He doesn't seem to consider them/us a burden.

...and Bud Light....come on..we have to pick the draft order and SPELL EVERYBODY'S NAME RIGHT???

Im out.

I never hated anyone more in my entire life

Hard to argue with that logic. Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Pol Pot... they got nothing on Jim.

All jokes aside, can anyone produce something he said that is derogatory to the Colts or Peyton? I'm not talking about media interpretations of his comments, I'm talking about his actual words.

Hard to argue with that logic. Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Pol Pot... they got nothing on Jim.

All jokes aside, can anyone produce something he said that is derogatory to the Colts or Peyton? I'm not talking about media interpretations of his comments, I'm talking about his actual words.

maybe I overstated that a little bit..I just dislike him

He never uses direct terms or derogatory means. He can't face us and say, Yes, I dont want Peyton here, We need Andrew Luck here, because we are moving on etc.

Everytime he tells us how great it would be to have Peyton back, he is lying to our faces.

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

Just curious - is this a new feeling with the Peyton situation or have you always felt like that?

I know that his family has a bad rep. Who do you think moved the team overnight like a coward?

I dislike Irsay the younger because of how he is lying to us on a daily basis.

I guess hate is a strong word. But I am an Irsay hater. Why not?

maybe I overstated that a little bit..I just dislike him

He never uses direct terms or derogatory means. He is a sneaky little coward. He can't face us and say, Yes, I dont want Peyton here, We need Andrew Luck here, because we are moving on etc.

Everytime he tells us how great it would be to have Peyton back, he is lying to our faces.

That's your opinion, you have a right to it, and you may be right. I choose to believe him, and I can't see why he needs to lie.

I honestly believe he wants the best for Peyton and for the team. But those two things may be mutually exclusive.

This will all come out soon enough. It all depends on Peyton's health.

A reminder

Saying I HATE YOU or You are a Coward or YOU ARE SNEAKY or YOU ARE A TROLL all qualify as personal shots

Generally anyone who posts something like this gets a 24 hour suspension so please STOP POSTING LIKE THIS

FYI, Jim Irsay is a person and taking personal shots at him will result in the same suspension

If you want to disagree with him FINE

But let's elevate the discussion above name calling at him and at each other or we shall have to close this thread.

I don't know if there is anybody here on the forum who is further away from what is going on in Indy than I am. For me, it's always a bit difficult to judge people without knowing them personally. And this is why I sometimes do not understand how people here can judge so quickly even if they live in Indy but don't know anyone personally either.

But in the end everyone gets an impression of someone. What does he say publicly? How does he say it? How does he behave? Etc., etc. And if I put all the media speculation aside (which in my opinion has become purely bad journalism for most of the time) and just focus on interviews or press conferences or his (partly crazy) tweets (that leave foreigners like me completely clueless haha ) then I see a person with an open heart, with emotions (I believe him when he said that he cried while letting BP know that he is fired) and the will to let others participate on Colts life. I see a generous person who does not shy away from showing that he has got money but that he can use the money to make other lifes better sometimes (SB experiences, cars, cash, etc.).

No matter how the situation with Manning unfolds - and we should not forget that it is too easy to do a misstep here or there with everybody interpreting your words - I can just not imagine that there are considerably better owners out there. If we had something like owners in European sports (aka soccer) I would die for an owner like Jim Irsay.

I know that his family has a bad rep. Who do you think moved the team overnight like a coward?

I dislike Irsay the younger because of how he is lying to us on a daily basis.

I guess hate is a strong word. But I am an Irsay hater. Why not?

I think you need to research EXACTLY WHY THE COLTS LEFT BALTIMORE (google it) before you start casting your stones in the Irsay's direction. If you would actually learn about what happened and not just go off the media's portrayal of what happened then you'll understand that Robert Irsay was left with NO CHOICE but to move this team.

I dont think JIm Irsay has lied to us about Peyton Manning...

He says what he feels at that moment.

Perhaps he shouldnt but that's part of the reason why I like him...

I think many fans misinterpreted what Jim Irsay said, to mean what the fans wanted it to mean, rather than how Jim Irsay meant it to mean.

And when Jim Irsay clarifies his meaning in future interviews, these fans think he lied to them.

I have always thought Irsay was the coolest. I am not sure what is going on right now with his thinking, but everyone has a bad day or two. I was one that thought his tweets were right on. Now, I think he might want to stick to only a few tweets a week, lol. Hopefully nothing but song quotes. I may not agree with everything he does, but I sure as heck respect the man and will always fellow the Colts( as long as they stay in Indy).

Apparently most of you don't live in Marion or the surrounding counties and/or understand they way Irsay has robbed the taxpayers on the stadium deal. The taxpayers are paying for it (and by the way still paying for the RCA dome) while Irsay gets richer. Consider this, Irsay gets 1/2 of all revenue from non Colts events at LOS...how does that even make sense when he didn't build it and the Marion County CIB owns it? He keeps the team here because we pay him to.

That's only the tip of the iceberg the way Irsay is cleaning out the taxpayer and this is a guy who saw the Colts grow in net worth from $300million in 1998 to 1 billion in 2008. And don't forget it was Jim that drafted Jeff George while giving up the farm and dooming the Colts for years.

If you like him, more power to you. I choose to disagree.

Apparently most of you don't live in Marion or the surrounding counties and/or understand they way Irsay has robbed the taxpayers on the stadium deal. The taxpayers are paying for it (and by the way still paying for the RCA dome) while Irsay gets richer. Consider this, Irsay gets 1/2 of all revenue from non Colts events at LOS...how does that even make sense when he didn't build it and the Marion County CIB owns it? He keeps the team here because we pay him to.

That's only the tip of the iceberg the way Irsay is cleaning out the taxpayer and this is a guy who saw the Colts grow in net worth from $300million in 1998 to 1 billion in 2008. And don't forget it was Jim that drafted Jeff George while giving up the farm and dooming the Colts for years.

If you like him, more power to you. I choose to disagree.

OK but the LOS makes a ton of money for Indy...That's the way pro franchises work.

The city of Chicago built the park the White Sox play in and they rent it for free if rpofits dont exceed a certain level

Did you subtract Super Bowl money coming to Indy from the amount you say Irsay robbed the city of Indy?

Dont hate him because he's rich...

..and You cant seriously be holding Jeff George from 15 years ago against Irsay, can you?

Why not? He was the GM that drafted him. Has his football knowledge grown since then? I should hope so but Polian has done the work since 1998 and how much does Irsay plan to get involved in the new GM's decision making (by firing Polian because he 'wanted his team back')? Only time will tell.

OK but the LOS makes a ton of money for Indy...That's the way pro franchises work.

The city of Chicago built the park the White Sox play in and they rent it for free if rpofits dont exceed a certain level

Did you subtract Super Bowl money coming to Indy from the amount you say Irsay robbed the city of Indy?

Did we really make money on the SB? and who made it?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120212/NEWS11/202120342/Any-boost-Indy-hosting-Super-Bowl-2012-might-only-short-term-experts-say

I would say so...and how much do I care who in indy made the money?

INDY STAR "Experts say the Super Bowl brought a massive boost to some area businesses, with $150 million or more in direct spending by visitors."

Or you could have read this line...

"The consensus opinion is that Super Bowls do not produce economic benefits and possibly produce a little bit of a loss."

If you don't care about the city that's fine. I live here and pay taxes here so I do. I'm just trying to put out some lesser known information. OP likes Irsay and that's great but I'm not a fan.