rockywoj

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Can I get a link to the offers they got?

That's obviously classified between teams unless a trade goes through. However, I posted the link for the interest in Davis and Gore articles already, and they are still in the Colts Football forum as well.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

That's obviously classified between teams unless a trade goes through. However, I posted the link for the interest in Davis and Gore articles already, and they are still in the Colts Football forum as well.

articles written by people that are speculating.   Do you believe everything that's written? You should read the  national enquire.   It will blow your mind

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, you're full of crap, just can't ever admit you're wrong. If you read the entire thing, you'd read something your mind didn't want you to see. Best to remain ignorant, huh?

I read the titles of the articles.    Not one even tried to make the reader believe there was a definitive time he would be back.   

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is starting to wear thin on me now. Looking like a poor 1st draft, the stunt with Avery Moss, and now the refusal to trade Davis and Gore for whatever you can get. We aren't re-signing these guys, and this is especially a slap in the face to Gore, who probably won't get a chance at a SB. If there were suitors, there were offers. Even if we get two 7ths for them, you get something and make the best out of it come draft time. No excuse for this, and no one can say we didn't know there was interest. There wasn't much, but you get what you can, and Ballard didn't. No time for Macho pride, stupid Ballard.

How do you know he refused to trade anyone? If teams were only willing to offer 6/7th round picks, why would you?

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They aren't great, but they had interest, and interest gets offers. You know this good and well.

Did you ever consider that maybe none of those interested teams were offering draft picks, but rather fringe players on their own roster that would be of far less use to us than the guy they were requesting? 

11 hours ago, Indeee said:

Either our players available stink or colts we're asking too much. I also believe problem with Moncrief, Vontae and Gore is that everybody knows they won't be back in Indy next year so why give up draft picks for 8 game rentals on players that can be had for no picks next year.

Moncrief played well when luck was in. I wouldn't get rid of him. Vontae is still our best, move him to cb2 if we get somebody good. 

15 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Davis, Moncrief and Gore will not be back next year, so there is nothing there either...

thats not a given

maybe the market for moncrief is small and we can bring him back cheap.  same could be true for vontae, its very hard to say what happens with him.  its hard to see lots of teams paying up for either one

i would be surprised if gore comes back here, but i dont think hes done yet

We were not involved in any phone conversations between Ballard and other GMs the past couple of days, so we don't know what, or if anything was offered for any of our players.  That's why he's the GM and we're not (thank goodness).  Maybe Ballard did the best for this team by NOT trading players.  Making a deal, just for the sake of making a deal, is not smart.

If Gore, Davis, Moncrief and Castonzo had all been traded for another team's 7th rounder next year, then half our practice squad would have been called up to finish what would likely be a winless second half of the season and we'd have four 7th round picks next year to re-fill our practice squad.  Does that translate into more wins in 2018?  Does that make the fans happy?  Does that put fans in the seats for the rest of this season?

Sometime the best action is no action at all.  As far as we know, he took calls, had discussions and made decisions for which is is paid to make.  Lots of other teams with equal or worse records than the Colts also chose to do nothing.

To me, if you make a trade at the deadline, it is to fill a need in order to improve your playoff chances this season and not hurt your future.  Everyone wants to make a win-win trade so it helps both teams.  Trades don't always work out that way, but I'm sure that's the intention.

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There were plenty of threads where a couple different teams were interested in Gore and Davis. Even if you have to settle for a 7th for both, you do it. That's not speculation, there were threads on this. You don't just lose them for nothing, especially when we aren't getting compensation.

No.  you are letting your emotions cloud your understanding of reality and common sense.  

20 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Davis won't be re-signed and Gore won't either. Gore could of also been traded to get a shot at a SB and he wasn't. Keeping them here in a lost season is just bad GMing. If there was any offer for a pick and he passed it up, then that's bad GMing. Davis has been horrible and on the decline, and Gore won't be back. Also, if the 7th rounder doesn't make the team, it's not a big deal, it's just to give additional shots at depth and hitting on something late.

I couldn't disagree more with this, it literally makes no sense.  So we owe it to Gore or some other team to make them better, that's the mission and if not bad GMing...are you kidding me.  Davis is far from horrible, that's not even remotely true.  Could you tell me who our new number one corner would be?  I suppose next years second or third rounder needs to fill that gap?  How's that worked out to date?  Remember, you can't dig your way out of a hole....We should re-sign Davis even if he'snot the player he once was.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:11 PM, Indeee said:

Either our players available stink or colts we're asking too much. I also believe problem with Moncrief, Vontae and Gore is that everybody knows they won't be back in Indy next year so why give up draft picks for 8 game rentals on players that can be had for no picks next year.

Or maybe Ballard wasn't interested in trading anyone.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Disagree with this. I'll give you Hooker, but he had prior injury problems before being drafted. Took Wilson and he can't start. Basham took 8 games to get a sack and is still not a starter. Banner is already gone. Grover Stewart isn't good. Mack is solid, but he passed over Hunt for him, and he's still behind Gore, even after the trade deadline. Hairston is solid right now. Anthony Walker is nothing special.

As of now, it's been an ok draft, Hooker could have permanent injuries though, and Mack may be a situational back. Don't know what to expect from Wilson and Hairston. Hooker isn't his fault, but he's probably the only special player, and the only one whose had an impact this year.

You can't say anything about Hunt because nobody knew he'd be this good. That's ridiculous

Wilson can't start because Pagano won't let him

Basham was a player to be groomed, we all knew that

Hairston is a steal