Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Lets Slip That He Expects Andrew Will Be A Colt In 2012 (Merge)

UndecidedFrog

"But if he [Peyton Manning] can play, he could do that for us this season and then he'd have the choice of whether to retire, with his number retired, the statue built and the whole thing. If he's healthy, he'd handle 2012 better than Andrew could. But ultimately I have always wanted him to make the decision, with us having pointed out the risk and the stress he's putting his neck under by playing. The biggest aspect is I want him to be comfortable with his decision.''

FYI, there are no Andrews in the current Colts roster.

I found some solace in this part of the article -

Irsay said he does not believe Manning has ever intended to force the issue of the $28 million option bonus being paid before he has proven he'll be healthy enough to play next season...."That's the last he'd want to do for this team, put us in that kind of salary cap situation,'' Irsay said. "He wants to come back and he wants to win. I should say I assume he wants to come back. With Peyton, sometimes you never know. But that's why we're going to have a meeting in a few days. I think he has some real comfort in the idea of finishing his career here, but I think he's conflicted perhaps given the circumstances. We'll find out soon.''

Yeah, that 28MM isn't going anywhere but away. Go Colts.

"But if he [Peyton Manning] can play, he could do that for us this season and then he'd have the choice of whether to retire, with his number retired, the statue built and the whole thing. If he's healthy, he'd handle 2012 better than Andrew could. But ultimately I have always wanted him to make the decision, with us having pointed out the risk and the stress he's putting his neck under by playing. The biggest aspect is I want him to be comfortable with his decision.''

FYI, there are no Andrews in the current Colts roster.

Irsay needs to stop talking to the media. He's making the issue worse with every weird comment he makes. It's Irsay's choice, just like he said a while back.

We should take Luck with the #1 pick and let him groom behind Manning that is the best way. I don't like how the team owner is handeling this whole mess Peyton gave so much and he made so much off Peyton. There should be no question that Peyton should be back next year as a Colt running the team and he should stay a Colt as long as his heath will let him!!!!!

Irsay needs to stop talking to the media. He's making the issue worse with every weird comment he makes. It's Irsay's choice, just like he said a while back.

He's talking to the media because he has to spoon feed fans (like yourself) that still haven't figured out Peyton Manning is out next year. It makes no sense to keep him. Irsay is right in stating the issues publicly. The reality of the situation is that Peyton Manning (as he is right now) is NOT worth $28 million dollars and needs to restructure his contract. Otherwise, the Colts, (much like Peyton's neck) will be hurting from the cap for years to come.

He's talking to the media because he has to spoon feed fans (like yourself) that still haven't figured out Peyton Manning is out next year. It makes no sense to keep him. Irsay is right in stating the issues publicly. The reality of the situation is that Peyton Manning (as he is right now) is NOT worth $28 million dollars and needs to restructure his contract. Otherwise, the Colts, (much like Peyton's neck) will be hurting from the cap for years to come.

If you actually watched ESPN or typed colts into google, then you'll realize that your in the minority when it comes to opinion on Irsay's choice of words or use of the media.

I thought Irsay wanted to keep this stuff "in house." He's not doing a very good job of it.

anyone else thinks it is like deja vu with the Colts having the number one pick and there is a very good QB at Stanford that is presumably the number 1 pick. Not to draw comparisons between Andrew Luck and John Elway but to me, this is quite interesting to think about

It's a coincidence.

Stanford will now have 3 QBs in its history that have been picked #1 overall.

Jim Plunkett, Heisman winner, drafted by the Pats.

John Elway, Heisman runner-up, drafted by the Colts

Andrew Luck, 2x Heisman runner-up, to be drafted by the Colts.

anyone else thinks it is like deja vu with the Colts having the number one pick and there is a very good QB at Stanford that is presumably the number 1 pick. Not to draw comparisons between Andrew Luck and John Elway but to me, this is quite interesting to think about

It's a coincidence.

Stanford will now have 3 QBs in its history that have been picked #1 overall.

Jim Plunkett, Heisman winner, drafted by the Pats.

John Elway, Heisman runner-up, drafted by the Colts

Andrew Luck, 2x Heisman runner-up, to be drafted by the Colts.

agree,

u can take stats and charts etc and by changing 1 date, or something minute u can make 1 thing look like another, they do that with financials all the time and some things are starting when parameters slightly changed

This is more coincidence, not destiny, thats like saying Peyton was destined to have a med issue just so we can pick luck

agree with coincidence

& if I remember right,, the team that drafted them were not the teams that one a Superbowl with the first 2 listed ----- so are u then us someone going to extrapolate & say we are destined to trade him to a team he will win on as he wont on Colts

If you actually watched ESPN or typed colts into google, then you'll realize that your in the minority when it comes to opinion on Irsay's choice of words or use of the media.

I thought Irsay wanted to keep this stuff "in house." He's not doing a very good job of it.

There are varying views on ESPN, so i wouldn't even go there I've heard both... Beside, ESPN was so in Love with Tebow and we all know what a joke they have become. But leave it to you to ignore that Captain Oblivious.

Irsay is in the right here, so not sure what argument you have. Peyton isn't worth $28million dollars as he is. period. The only reason Irsay is saying this in the news is.. like i said before, he's spoon feeding the fans in denial... Irsay laid out the case publicily, and left it up to Manning to stay or not. The case has been stated; It's Manning's move.. Irsay was so right in doing this because with the #1 pick, we no longer need an injured overpaid QB.

Doesn't it come off like Irsay expects only one more season from Manning? If he stays a Colt and produces, why should he be rushed to retire?

You haven't been keeping up with the Manning saga have you? I hate to be the one breaking it to you, but he is done for. Especially in Indy, and even if he goes elsewhere, he only has about 2 yrs max left in him. I'd rather he retire and go out on top. It's sad when a legend comes back and you watch them sink and fail and it diminishes their legacy in people's eyes.

Except now, we have evidence straight from the owner's mouth.

Dude your my hero! this is the first time i read this article. and it brought a tear to my eye lol. i need to pre order my luck jersey. and mannings decidion will decide if i hang my manning jersey on the wall or not next season

Dude your my hero! this is the first time i read this article. and it brought a tear to my eye lol. i need to pre order my luck jersey. and mannings decidion will decide if i hang my manning jersey on the wall or not next season

You can go ahead and box the Manning jersey and let it collect dust. Mannings career is over and your jersey is now a reminder of our past. Manning did an amazing job to put the Colts on the map. Now, Luck will be more clutch and we'll win a couple more Superbowls.

You can go ahead and box the Manning jersey and let it collect dust. Mannings career is over and your jersey is now a reminder of our past. Manning did an amazing job to put the Colts on the map. Now, Luck will be more clutch and we'll win a couple more Superbowls.

im glad i got mannings autograph lol. have it on another jersey of his lol.

I think that is just a case of wishful thinking on their part hoping that RG3 being here will keep Manning here a few years more.

When some say RG3 they may be thinking this, I dont know, But maybe they think trade Luck in a way to get the 2nd pick ( or some arrangement to insure ) we take RG3 as well as the erxtra picks we may get if offered enough so that can build an all around team and fill more needs as well as let him learn from peyton

Its just a theory / guess

There are varying views on ESPN, so i wouldn't even go there I've heard both... Beside, ESPN was so in Love with Tebow and we all know what a joke they have become. But leave it to you to ignore that Captain Oblivious.

Irsay is in the right here, so not sure what argument you have. Peyton isn't worth $28million dollars as he is. period. The only reason Irsay is saying this in the news is.. like i said before, he's spoon feeding the fans in denial... Irsay laid out the case publicily, and left it up to Manning to stay or not. The case has been stated; It's Manning's move.. Irsay was so right in doing this because with the #1 pick, we no longer need an injured overpaid QB.

If you haven't been paying attention, because it sure doesn't seem you have been, Irsay had been pretty disrespectful with some of his remarks. But I can tell that you think that Irsay doesn't make mistakes, so you will just ignore it...

And Tim Tebow is a beast, haters gonna hate I guess...

Getting a little ahead of yourself now there... don't get overconfident.