Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday night PRIMETIME

horseshoecrabs

5 hours ago, krunk said:

Do you ever say anything that's remotely positive at all?  Ever?

How about he gives his take and you give yours then insert silence? I think the Colts will get beat by at least 13 but if they win fine but they still are not a good team and have not been the two seasons prior to this one. If that were not true then they would not have the merry-go-round offensive line (38 +/-) changes and a new GM. Their running game is mediocre and pass defense is shaky to say the least. Cheerleaders stand on the sidelines regardless of the score. That is why they are called "cheer"leaders. I find little reason to cheer this organization.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

How about he gives his take and you give yours then insert silence? I think the Colts will get beat by at least 13 but if they win fine but they still are not a good team and have not been the two seasons prior to this one. If that were not true then they would not have the merry-go-round offensive line (38 +/-) changes and a new GM. Their running game is mediocre and pass defense is shaky to say the least. Cheerleaders stand on the sidelines regardless of the score. That is why they are called "cheer"leaders. I find little reason to cheer this organization.

I think we pull the upset off, just feel it for some reason.

At this point, we are really just looking to develop Brissett and gel on offense. Win, lose or draw is not really important at this point. Winning would be great, but this team has no identity with Luck out of service. What happens this year could go a long way toward how the next 3-5 years pan out for this club. Best case scenario, Andrew returns and we go back to being a team on the verge of a super bowl birth (that was just 3 years ago). If Luck does not recover, then we are looking at a major rebuild and the early part of that season could allow a glimpse of what that rebuild looks like with Brissett in or out of the picture.

That being said, Colts 24  Seahawks 17.  Brisset starts to command the offense and the D gels against an average offense in Seattle. 

Go Colts. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Mack is ok. He is out again, not sure what is going on there.

Is his injury serious? I didn't even know he was hurt till I read he was ruled out last week.

Hope he comes back soon.

Just hope it will be worth watching and competitive since I think I am going to pay attention to this one since it's a night game.

Seattle is a very tough place to play and especially at night, oh boy!!!!

Just be glad we are big underdogs and there is little pressure on the Colts.

I don't know.  There is a chance every week in the NFL.  Did anybody think the Bears would beat the Steelers?  How about the Jags destroying Baltimore?  The Jets beating the Dolphins?  The Saints crushing the Panthers at home?  The Redskins totally shutting down the Raiders?  None of those teams were playing particularly well before last week.  So there's always a chance.

But do I think it will happen for the Colts?  No.  This has the makings of Seattle's "get right" game IMHO.  Honestly, I would be happy if they cover the spread in this one.

The bright side is the hawks seem to be not the same team as in the past. The down side, will this be the game they turn it around? They definitely have an advantage at QB and time together as a team. We have a lot of new faces still trying to come together. Did Pags actually prepare for the right west coast team this time, Lol? Also we have had very bad showings for the most part on primetime  games under him. Actually now hate when we play primetime games, but as always pulling for my team and hoping they get it together and get this thing headed the right direction. 

3 hours ago, coltsfan77 said:

The bright side is the hawks seem to be not the same team as in the past. The down side, will this be the game they turn it around? They definitely have an advantage at QB and time together as a team. We have a lot of new faces still trying to come together. Did Pags actually prepare for the right west coast team this time, Lol? Also we have had very bad showings for the most part on primetime  games under him. Actually now hate when we play primetime games, but as always pulling for my team and hoping they get it together and get this thing headed the right direction. 

I live in Colorado, so I need us to have primetime games so I can see it on TV, lol. Gametracker gets really depressing after awhile. :( 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Don't forget Carrolls stupid Super Bowl call at the one with Beast mode in the backfield.   He's way overrated IMO.

Honestly, I would love Pagano to be good enough to make the SB so he could make the mistake of losing it. That would be a step up from the last 5 years IMO.

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Well, lets look at it this way. We are playing primetime on the road in front of a loud rowdy crowd and we are OVER MATCHED on both sides of the ball and on the sidelines. 

This could be ugly.

Why do you say we're over-matched?  Have you been paying attention to their season?  This is not the same Seahawks team that dominated the SB a few years ago.  Granted they have some of the same players from that SB team, but those are the same players that we beat last time we played them...

THIS year, they are 1-2, just like us.  Their offense has not been good, just like ours.  Their defense has been decent, just like ours.  Their coach has shown flashes of good and bad this season, just like ours.  They are also dealing with injuries to some of their best players, just like us.

I'll grant you the home-field advantage in Seattle, but other than that, I'd say it's a pretty even match.  Having said that, I agree that it could get ugly if the ball gets rollin in the wrong direction... but it could get ugly for EITHER team.

:clover:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why do you say we're over-matched?  Have you been paying attention to their season?  This is not the same Seahawks team that dominated the SB a few years ago.  Granted they have some of the same players from that SB team, but those are the same players that we beat last time we played them...

THIS year, they are 1-2, just like us.  Their offense has not been good, just like ours.  Their defense has been decent, just like ours.  Their coach has shown flashes of good and bad this season, just like ours.  They are also dealing with injuries to some of their best players, just like us.

I'll grant you the home-field advantage in Seattle, but other than that, I'd say it's a pretty even match.  Having said that, I agree that it could get ugly if the ball gets rollin in the wrong direction... but it could get ugly for EITHER team.

Vegas has the line at 13 points.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well said, er, written.  Could go either way, but after last week I’m not sure we’re capable of blowing anyone out.  If we play prevent as soon as we get a lead.  

Vegas has the line at 13 points which is big in NFL games. The only reason I know the line is because other posters have posted it. Point is it's logical to assume the game could be lobsided. It may not be but could be. I don't need to go by vegas to know that.

We barely held off possibly the worst franchise in sports last week at home, in which the browns were a road favorite for the first time in years I believe I read here somewhere. We also were BLOWN OUT by the Rams 2 weeks ago, remember?

The Seahawks don't need to be as good as they were in years past to beat us. They are still considered a better team than us and playing a primetime game at home vs a team with a qb who has like 3 career starts. 

If anyone confidently feels different, they should make a major play and take the points. That's backing up what you say with your money instead of typing it on a chat forum. 

18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Vegas has the line at 13 points which is big in NFL games. The only reason I know the line is because other posters have posted it. Point is it's logical to assume the game could be lobsided. It may not be but could be. I don't need to go by vegas to know that.

We barely held off possibly the worst franchise in sports last week at home, in which the browns were a road favorite for the first time in years I believe I read here somewhere. We also were BLOWN OUT by the Rams 2 weeks ago, remember?

The Seahawks don't need to be as good as they were in years past to beat us. They are still considered a better team than us and playing a primetime game at home vs a team with a qb who has like 3 career starts. 

If anyone confidently feels different, they should make a major play and take the points. That's backing up what you say with your money instead of typing it on a chat forum. 

That's the plan.  If I lose, it's worth the cost to feel as nice as I do right now being happy and confident in my team coming off a win.  :headspin:   I guess if you want to make money, but be disappointed and unhappy with your team, go with Vegas.   :dunno:

Indulge me here:  I'm not admitting to any gambling (much less profits :thmup:) but if I made bets on the Colts winning (+ the points) every single Colts game of the past two decades, would I have made $, lost $, or broken even?  On the flip side, what kind of fan would I be if I bet AGAINST my team every week for two decades, regardless of how much $ I made?  You see where I'm going?  It's not about the $, or who ends up being right, it's about supporting your team.  Positivity is more contagious than you can imagine, friend.

For what it's worth, I'm guilty of doing the same thing in fantasy football.  I ride-or-die with Colts players because I would rather be double-excited every time Luck throws a TD to TY and lose my FF game, than win my FF game with Tom Brady throwing TDs to Gronk...   :yuk:  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Well said, er, written.  Could go either way, but after last week I’m not sure we’re capable of blowing anyone out.  If we play prevent as soon as we get a lead.  

I'm not trying to play Nostradamus, but once in a while a team stops the running game of Seattle (which doesn't have CJ Prosise this week) and forces Russell Wilson to throw the ball (behind a suspect OLine).  He may work some magic with his legs, but he may also throw a pick.  And then another.  And then another...  Maybe fumble the ball if he tries to do too much.

Russell Wilson could win this game for Seattle.  But we have a defense that might get the best of him.

I can see Wilson throwing two pick-6s if we stop the run and get any sort of lead.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's the plan.  If I lose, it's worth the cost to feel as nice as I do right now being happy and confident in my team coming off a win.  :headspin:   I guess if you want to make money, but be disappointed and unhappy with your team, go with Vegas.   :dunno:

Indulge me here:  I'm not admitting to any gambling (much less profits :thmup:) but if I made bets on the Colts winning (+ the points) every single Colts game of the past two decades, would I have made $, lost $, or broken even?  On the flip side, what kind of fan would I be if I bet AGAINST my team every week for two decades, regardless of how much $ I made?  You see where I'm going?  It's not about the $, or who ends up being right, it's about supporting your team.  Positivity is more contagious than you can imagine, friend.

For what it's worth, I'm guilty of doing the same thing in fantasy football.  I ride-or-die with Colts players because I would rather be double-excited every time Luck throws a TD to TY and lose my FF game, than win my FF game with Tom Brady throwing TDs to Gronk...   :yuk:  

I don't bet on colt games. Like you said, if you make a few bucks betting against your childhood team you still feel bad they lost. If they win your happy your team won  but poorer lol. It's a No Win Situation.

I don't need the "action" to be highly interested in watching Colt games. And I'll be rooting my lungs out for them come Sunday night. But that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge it could be a tough game for us OR look down on anyother colt fan for thinking the same thing. I don't think less of any fan thinking with Rose Colored Glasses or looking at games/team objectively.

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don't bet on colt games. Like you said, if you make a few bucks betting against your childhood team you still feel bad they lost. If they win your happy your team won  but poorer lol. It's a No Win Situation.

I don't need the "action" to be highly interested in watching Colt games. And I'll be rooting my lungs out for them come Sunday night. But that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge it could be a tough game for us OR look down on anyother colt fan for thinking the same thing. I don't think less of any fan thinking with Rose Colored Glasses or looking at games/team objectively.

Never bet on anything or ever believe a line 

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I admit it will be a tough game, we have to travel back in time to the west coast and play in a very loud environment.

But you said we were "OVER MATCHED" (your capitalization, not mine) which is what I was disagreeing with.  We're pretty evenly matched, and "Rose Colored Glasses" have nothing to do with it.  Looking at it objectively, our roster matches up against theirs pretty well.

It should be a good game, and could go either way.

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

I will never abandon "my" team- No matter what happens