Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is really going on here with Luck?

Indeee

Look, I'm frustrated as is all of Colts nation, and maybe there is nothing under the surface here and I don't even mind the fact they are holding him out of PLAYING REAL games if he is not 100% able to. As all football fans know there is some speculation that Cam Newton might have been thrown into the fold too soon after he had the same surgery Luck did, as his play has been atrocious to say the least, so maybe there is something to that. I personally believe Cam Newton just stinks, never thought he was all that, However...

Luck HASN'T even thrown a PASS yet. Not a 2 yard toss much less a 50 yard bomb. This is what worries me the most. It's one thing to not want to throw him into game action b4 he's ready and/or our starting center is back but it's another thing for Luck to not attempt a pass in any form. The "Luck throwing 30 yard passes" was bunk.

We keep hoping he will practice, I'm hoping somebody sees him play catch with the equipment guy or hell, I'd even take him playing catch with himself. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Look, I'm frustrated as is all of Colts nation, and maybe there is nothing under the surface here and I don't even mind the fact they are holding him out of PLAYING REAL games if he is not 100% able to. As all football fans know there is some speculation that Cam Newton might have been thrown into the fold too soon after he had the same surgery Luck did, as his play has been atrocious to say the least, so maybe there is something to that. I personally believe Cam Newton just stinks, never thought he was all that, However...

Luck HASN'T even thrown a PASS yet. Not a 2 yard toss much less a 50 yard bomb. This is what worries me the most. It's one thing to not want to throw him into game action b4 he's ready and/or our starting center is back but it's another thing for Luck to not attempt a pass in any form. The "Luck throwing 30 yard passes" was bunk.

We keep hoping he will practice, I'm hoping somebody sees him play catch with the equipment guy or hell, I'd even take him playing catch with himself. 

He has been throwing.   Just not officially.   It hasn't been during practice.   He has been throwing as part of his rehab

Well, you are wrong about Luck throwing. He has been throwing, he has been throwing different lengths and velocity instructed by his trainers and doctors. His time table to return to practice is the next couple weeks.  How he performs at practice and maybe the most important aspect of his rehab is how he feels the next day after practice will be the telling tale.

1 minute ago, tfunky14 said:

Well, you are wrong about Luck throwing. He has been throwing, he has been throwing different lengths and velocity instructed by his trainers and doctors. His time table to return to practice is the next couple weeks.  How he performs at practice and maybe the most important aspect of his rehab is how he feels the next day after practice will be the telling tale.

Where has this "Officially" been reported? 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He has been throwing.   Just not officially.   It hasn't been during practice.   He has been throwing as part of his rehab

So you are just assuming he has been throwing based on a speculation of what a rehab regiment would be?

If not where is the "official" word on Luck throwing a football?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I have heard nothing of Luck throwing a pass of any length, except a story of a 30 yard pass that was found to be untrue.

This has been such a large story in the NFL that common sense tells me that if Luck had been witnessed throwing a pass of any kind it would be plastered all over the internet and it has not

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I have heard nothing of Luck throwing a pass of any length, except a story of a 30 yard pass that was found to be untrue.

This has been such a large story in the NFL that common sense tells me that if Luck had been witnessed throwing a pass of any kind it would be plastered all over the internet and it has not

Patience, he will be fine. In the mean time we have a solid backup at least in Brissett.

7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

So you are just assuming he has been throwing based on a speculation of what a rehab regiment would be?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/07/24/andrew-luck-throwing-but-he-wont-playing-anytime-soon/504663001/

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/7/24/16021876/colts-qb-andrew-luck-is-throwing-again-starting-camp-on-pup-list

He'll be back once he practices for a week or two.  They said he should be practicing next Wednesday.  He's targeting the Titans game but the Jags or Bengals game might be more reasonable.  Hopefully Brissett can hold down the fort until then. 

I think it's a conspiracy.  There are some who believe that Luck is not playing but on the active roster so Irsay can still sell tickets to the games.  And the fact that Luck is not playing and Irsay is still selling tickets gives that thought process some merit.

Or perhaps he is secretly trying an unsanctioned robotic arm and it's just not assimilating to his body as planned.  If you watch some of the sideline footage of him, and listen closely you can hear a slight whir when he's moves his right arm.

I also think I read somewhere that during they accidentally operated on his knee instead of his shoulder and it wasn't discovered until training camp.  But per the settlement deal they cannot talk about it publicly.  That is why he has a slight limp on the sideline.

Or maybe it's like some on this forum suggest and he's telling Irsay he's not stepping on the field for practice or a game until the offensive line is fixed.  And he shows his disdain but traveling to the games and encouraging his team mates on the sideline.... dastardly.

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/07/24/andrew-luck-throwing-but-he-wont-playing-anytime-soon/504663001/

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/7/24/16021876/colts-qb-andrew-luck-is-throwing-again-starting-camp-on-pup-list

He'll be back once he practices for a week or two.  They said he should be practicing next Wednesday.  He's targeting the Titans game but the Jags or Bengals game might be more reasonable.  Hopefully Brissett can hold down the fort until then. 

Ok.... well I totally missed that in July. Never saw that story... If it's true that at least makes me feel somewhat better. 

20 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It's "Regimen"  rehab regimen.  Also, relax is spelled R-E-L-A-X.  Saturdays have some darn fine football action if you aren't into Luck-less Colts games, or the fall weather is lovely to take in.  It'll all sort itself out soon, just try and be patient.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Irsay said he was throwing before training camp started

It's anyone's guess when he will be back but he will be and 100% IMO. This isn't a career ending injury he has. We are just being cautious and why not I say as we have a solid backup now. I say because he is our franchise and we are 2 or 3 years away from winning a SB anyways. Ballard needs 2 more years to shape this team the way he needs too.

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Ok.... well I totally missed that in July. Never saw that story... If it's true that at least makes me feel somewhat better. 

Yea he'll be back, just don't know an exact game.  They were targeting the Titans Monday Night Game.  Could still happen but he needs to get on the practice field first.  I think we'll see him against the Jags.  Hopefully Brissett can get a win vs the 49ers, if he does that, it'll give the team a chance.  Of course a win vs Seattle or Tenn would be huge but not likely.  We'll see though. 

41 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Its been written here a million times...

Andre Luck and Cam Newton did NOT have the same surgery.    Newton's was much less serious.     Luck's was much more serious.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Andre Luck and Cam Newton did NOT have the same surgery.    Newton's was much less serious.     Luck's was much more serious.

People need to have more patience. Luck will win a SB here IMO, it may be 3 or 4 years from now but I think he will. I can see Ballard building the right team around him.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really? Where's the "Official" thread about this?...:lol: I'm just screwing with ya

30 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

It's "Regimen"  rehab regimen.  Also, relax is spelled R-E-L-A-X.  Saturdays have some darn fine football action if you aren't into Luck-less Colts games, or the fall weather is lovely to take in.  It'll all sort itself out soon, just try and be patient.

Fall weather has been beastly.  I've been doing yard work and it's been heat-stroke quality HOT.  I look forward to the game so I can go INSIDE

49 minutes ago, Indeee said:

As all football fans know there is some speculation that Cam Newton might have been thrown into the fold too soon after he had the same surgery Luck did

It's already been mentioned, but no, Cam didn't have the same surgery as Luck. He had a less serious operation with a shorter recovery / rehab period. And still, people are wondering if he came back too soon.

Luck had an operation with a 6-9 month recovery / rehab period. He's a QB, and the operation was on his throwing shoulder. So it's reasonable that his recovery would be toward the long end of that recovery. It's been about 8 months and 1 week.

So the short answer to your question -- what's really going on with Luck? -- is he's recovering from throwing shoulder surgery within a typical time frame.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am in my mid 40's if I tried to QB now I would get knocked out haha Maybe a hit by Von Miller would pop my neck back into place lmao 

haha

You know how QBs and OLinemen wear those knee-braces as preventative measures?

I think I would need to wear a neck-brace as a preventative measure if I tried to play QB in the NFL!  lmao