Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The crazy notion that Luck is unhappy....../ Luck Rumor not true/ Clearing the air ( (merge))

JRnINDY

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

No, it's not entirely different.  Manning suffered his setback before the regular season even started.  They knew the problem they had with him. They could have easily put him on I.R.   Sure, they "thought" Luck might return in 2015, kinda like they "think" Luck might return this year.

Again, they thought Manning would be ready to go before the season was over and held out hope for that. At no point did the Colts make ANY notions about Luck returning before the season was in over 15' the way they have about him this season.

It would be different if the Colts.Irsay didn't talk about Luck coming back at the start of the season but they were fairly vocal in saying that he should be back at some point early in the year.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Restored said:

Again, they thought Manning would be ready to go before the season was over and held out hope for that. At no point did the Colts make ANY notions about Luck returning before the season was in over 15' the way they have about him this season.

It would be different if the Colts.Irsay didn't talk about Luck coming back at the start of the season but they were fairly vocal in saying that he should be back at some point early in the year.

Ok, so the Colts held out hope Manning would play at some point in 2011.  How is that different than the Colts holding out hope Luck can play at some point this year?  Irsay said Luck would be ready to start the season, it's week 2 and he still isn't practicing. You cant listen to Irsay, he has a business to run, it's not smart business to tell you before the start of the season that the starting QB and most important player on the team won't play a game this season.  

21 minutes ago, Restored said:

They didn't put Manning on IR because they weren't expecting the setback that occurred with him. They also thought Luck had a shot at the end of the season back in 15'. Entirely difference circumstances here where everyone was preaching that Luck would return at some point early this season.

Luck still could return at some point early this season, it's midweek, week 2......

35 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Rick Venturi on Dakich now, says in his gut he does believe there are some problems here. Maybe not to the extent that Greenberg is saying, but not totally off base.

sucks I missed what Rick had to say......  I'm going to go with, maybe Luck wants a coaching change..... seems plausible he doesn't want to play another game for Chuck et al, moreso than he is done with the Colts.....  I mean, he's not gonna retire, so it's easier to force a coaching change than a team change in today's NFL

24 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Ok, so the Colts held out hope Manning would play at some point in 2011.  How is that different than the Colts holding out hope Luck can play at some point this year?  Irsay said Luck would be ready to start the season, it's week 2 and he still isn't practicing. You cant listen to Irsay, he has a business to run, it's not smart business to tell you before the start of the season that the starting QB and most important player on the team won't play a game this season.  

Because its a different injury with a different timeline. Everyone has been consistent in their expectations that Luck would be back around the early part of the season which was part of the reason why they took him off PUP. If the team didn't give any sort of timeline whatsoever and if his injury would warrant that type of timeline, then people would have a case.

16 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Pretty much going off on the entire organization and i gotta say, i don't disagree with hardly any of it. A pure roast job.

I agree with some of what he says, but a lot of it is just over the top stupidity.

8 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I don't have a problem believing this is all true. I'm not surprised at all with what his agent had said. What else would we expect him to say? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Andrew playing for the 49ers next season.

I do. There's been no indication from anyone who'd actually *know* that Luck wants out and then there's this whole contract thing..

I'd be very surprised, because it'd involve the Colts doing the dumbest possible thing.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

Sounded spot on to me. Wish more people in that town had the balls to say what needs to be said.

It's not a matter of balls, he is worse than some of the posters on this site.  Dakich blasts Luck as being overrated, he continues to give credence to these rumors of Luck wants out of Indy.  I am sure he has his doubts about the personnel around him, but I am also sure he is smart enough not to say anything to the media, so these rumors are fiction imo.  Dakich says that the move to release Manning was wrong and that Dungy was pushed out as coach, none of that is accurate.

7 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I don't have a problem believing this is all true. I'm not surprised at all with what his agent had said. What else would we expect him to say? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Andrew playing for the 49ers next season.

This is always interesting to me. Wildly speculative claim is made, based on no real information. Someone who would be in the know flatly denies the claim. The denial is dismissed because 'they have to deny it, they can't say how they really feel.' 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luck has displayed a loss of confidence in Pagano and Chud to his father Oliver.  He probably feels that the same pattern of slow starts and ill-preparedness is not going to change.  He may have even asked his father to express his opinion to Irsay.

That's not the same thing as wanting out of an organization....and trying to force a trade to a team he wants to go to in the early parts of a new contract.  That's diva territory.

54 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd be very surprised, because it'd involve the Colts doing the dumbest possible thing.

That isn't reassuring have you been paying attention to the happenings in this organization?  If one thing has been established we are very capable of dumb decisions.

That being said this is a non story. The story is why was Ballard so confident Luck would be ready week 1?. If there have been no set backs why is Luck not at practice . 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

When did Ballard say Luck would be ready Week 1?

I thought that was what was said he'd be back sometime during camp and ready to start the regular season. Then he went to the PUP list. I gather from your question you don't remember it that way. I will look to see if I can find something to support my post. Our QB situation situation is further evidence that when it comes to bad decisions we know no limits. 

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Here from Rotoworld it's not from Ballard but he said the same thing 

The Indianapolis Star reports "there are no assurances" Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be ready for the start of training camp.

Owner Jim Irsay hinted at this back in March. Luck hasn't had any setbacks, but the Colts are committed to not rushing him back from January surgery. Even if Luck misses some camp time, there's no concern over his status for Week 1.

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

The Indianapolis Star reports "there are no assurances" Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be ready for the start of training camp.

Owner Jim Irsay hinted at this back in March. Luck hasn't had any setbacks, but the Colts are committed to not rushing him back from January surgery. Even if Luck misses some camp time, there's no concern over his status for Week 1.

Thats an owner saying don't worry about it.  Not him specifically stating he will play.

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm 99.995% positive Ballard never said Luck would be ready to play Week 1. 

I'm pretty sure the only person who ever suggested Luck would be ready Week 1 was Irsay, back in January, when they first announced Luck's surgery. Since then, he's been far less committal, even saying in the preseason that they weren't sure when he'd be ready and they wouldn't rush him back. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

This is always interesting to me. Wildly speculative claim is made, based on no real information. Someone who would be in the know flatly denies the claim. The denial is dismissed because 'they have to deny it, they can't say how they really feel.' 

It's a very common occurence. In business, in government,  and worst of all, in sports.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm 99.995% positive Ballard never said Luck would be ready to play Week 1. 

I'm pretty sure the only person who ever suggested Luck would be ready Week 1 was Irsay, back in January, when they first announced Luck's surgery. Since then, he's been far less committal, even saying in the preseason that they weren't sure when he'd be ready and they wouldn't rush him back. 

17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Thats an owner saying don't worry about it.  Not him specifically stating he will play.

Here is Andrew himself saying he'd be ready week 1. Unless you can interpret this too as saying something else 

Speaking Monday, Andrew Luck confirmed his shoulder operation stemmed from his Sept. 2015 injury.
Luck got his shoulder wrecked in Week 3 2015 against the Titans, missing the first two starts of his career. He treated the issue with rest and rehab the past two years, but decided the regimen was no longer enough. Missing the entire offseason, Luck is considered questionable for the start of camp, but has insisted he will be ready for Week 1. Apr 17 - 1:25 PM

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

Here is Andrew himself saying he'd be ready week 1. Unless you can interpret this too as saying something else 

Speaking Monday, Andrew Luck confirmed his shoulder operation stemmed from his Sept. 2015 injury.
Luck got his shoulder wrecked in Week 3 2015 against the Titans, missing the first two starts of his career. He treated the issue with rest and rehab the past two years, but decided the regimen was no longer enough. Missing the entire offseason, Luck is considered questionable for the start of camp, but has insisted he will be ready for Week 1. Apr 17 - 1:25 PM

Well going off of all previous things said, that has nothing to do with anyone but Luck.  Luck is also a competitive player who wants to always play.  So I am not sure what this proves?

43 minutes ago, Superman said:

Here is the link you can go back years and see everything reported about Luck I stand corrected Ballard is slippery I can't find him saying Luck would be back week 1.  Maybe I want to believe he was sure Luck would be back that would make not bringing in real competition at QB less egregious. I badly want Ballard to be part of the solution 

http://dev.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You're just providing Rotoworld speculation, not quotes from anyone in the know. Luck never said and certainly never insisted he would be ready for Week 1. Besides Irsay in January, neither did anyone else, and Irsay backed away from that original projection from 8 months ago.

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Well going off of all previous things said, that has nothing to do with anyone but Luck.  Luck is also a competitive player who wants to always play.  So I am not sure what this proves?

It shows that Rotoworld reported Luck himself and Irsay said Luck would be ready for week 1 Someone did not recall anyone Ballard specifically saying Luck would be a go week 1. 

Just now, akcolt said:

It shows that Rotoworld reported Luck himself and Irsay said Luck would be ready for week 1 Someone did not recall anyone Ballard specifically saying Luck would be a go week 1. 

As Supe stated above this is not a direct quote of Luck saying he will play Week 1.

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Here is the link you can go back years and see everything reported about Luck I stand corrected Ballard is slippery I can't find him saying Luck would be back week 1.  Maybe I want to believe he was sure Luck would be back that would make not bringing in real competition at QB less egregious. I badly want Ballard to be part of the solution 

http://dev.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

Well there's a lot of assuming that I don't agree with. I've grown weary of trying to argue against all of it, people will believe what they want to believe, and when the reality doesn't line up with their presumptions, they'll come up with conspiracy theories to explain it all.

I think it's real simple. They viewed Tolzien as a satisfactory backup plan. They thought he would be better than he was in Week 1, but they were wrong (so did I, and so was I; in my defense, Tolzien played the absolute worst game of his life on Sunday). I think the majority of the blame belongs on the coaching staff, not the personnel department. 

I'm not the guy that runs around telling everyone to relax, especially right now. This team has serious problems, and enough question marks to dress the Riddler. But I'm not at all worried about Luck. It's a typical 6-9 month recovery, with a 12-18 month timeline for being back to 100%. Luck is 8 months from surgery. He's still within typical recovery timeframes. He's at the longer end, which is reasonable because it's his throwing shoulder. I think Luck will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

You're just providing Rotoworld speculation, not quotes from anyone in the know. Luck never said and certainly never insisted he would be ready for Week 1. Besides Irsay in January, neither did anyone else, and Irsay backed away from that original projection from 8 months ago.

Supe the report states at the end he insists he will be ready week 1. You can call out Rotoworlds reporting but what they report clearly says that Luck insisted he'd be ready week 1. You really don't read that? 

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's Rotoworld speculation. They are a fantasy sports service. 

Just now, akcolt said:

Supe the report states at the end he insists he will be ready week 1. You can call out Rotoworlds reporting but what they report clearly says that Luck insisted he'd be ready week 1. You really don't read that? 

No. Rotoworld was speculating, and went too far. Luck NEVER insisted he would be ready Week 1. I don't think Luck offered any timeline predictions at any point, ever. If he did, you should be able to find a quote directly from Luck, not a speculative comment from a fantasy sports site.

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

So if someone says something false about Luck, and Luck denies it, his denial carries no weight because you're just going to dismiss it. That's fair. 

We don't know what is wildly speculative, but there are reasons why this rumor exists.  What else can Luck (or his agent) do? 

It's like Benghazi, which was all about a foolish video, until it was not.  People lied and people will always lie.  Please note that this isn't a political statement, my Benghazi reference was merely for illustration of my point. 

Colts have the rarest of commodities - a tier one QB.  They should be able to surround him with enough talent to be a consistent force in the league.  That they have failed to do that makes for restless fans, which are ripe for tales of plots, maneuverings, and intrigue. 

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

We don't know what is wildly speculative, but there are reasons why this rumor exists.  What else can Luck (or his agent) do? 

In this case, we do know what's wildly speculative, because the person responsible for the speculation admitted it was just that.