Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice 9/4/17

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

No Bug Howard or Jojo Natson on the PS either.  Would have lost money on that...   I like Hogan's combine # s, though.  He sounds good...

That shocked me too. Hopefully we'll see an adjustment or 2 in the next week or so. I remember Hogan from the combine ans he seemed like a very high effort guy and pretty athletic, but im not sure how he is from a technical standpoint. 

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep. He's the most talented FS on the roster and my guess is he's healthy. Butler would be the backup. I could see Butler starting a couple games until Hooker gets adjusted to the NFL.

I could see a rotation between them initially.

Just now, Shive said:

That shocked me too. Hopefully we'll see an adjustment or 2 in the next week or so. I remember Hogan from the combine ans he seemed like a very high effort guy and pretty athletic, but im not sure how he is from a technical standpoint. 

I could see a rotation between them initially.

I think a rotation is what happens. Butler starts the game, then Hooker comes in for the rest of it. It repeats, until Hooker shows he can beat out Butler.

15 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

does malik hooker start day 1?

Unless he has some sort of injury, he should definitely be starting week 1. That would be a horrible move if they drafted Hooker just to sit him right away. You have to trust a 1st round pick at a weak position to do his thing. There will be growing pains, but that's what this year is for.

17 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Ballard: "Scott was more consistent [than Morris]."

Honestly, I'd rather have the upside of Morris than consistent Scott.  I'll live with it, but I think they got it wrong IF that was their ultimate decision.  He even said, i believe, that Morris was helping Tolz??

More consistent in practice probably but it sure as heck wasn't in the preseason games.  Tolzien performed consistently worse than Morris over two full preseasons.  What is this Colts staff smoking?

It is what it is. Tolzien better be able move the ball & get them in the end zone on Sunday.

Vujnovich took Banner's spot on the roster, and Clark is the backup. They are RTs with Good and Haeg also capable of playing RT in a pinch.  Don't need another pure RT on the PS.

Tolzien and Morris are known quantities and were always equal.  Who cares who goes and who stays.  Brissett is the guy we're keeping for upside development.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Vujnovich took Banner's spot on the roster, and Clark is the backup. They are pure RTs with Good and Haeg also capable of playing RT in a pinch.  Don't need another pure RT on the PS.

Tolzien and Morris are known quantities and were always equal.  Who cares who goes and who stays.  Brissett is the guy we're keeping for upside development.

Banner would be easily the best OL on the practice squad IF  we can get him there.

Someone here has noted that we have to wait 24 hours before we can re-claim him.    So, maybe sometime todday or tomorrow, IF he sneaks through.

I'm guessing we want him back, and we'd let someone else go...

19 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Ok,  so we can bring 2 players back from IR in 6 weeks AND anybody that was placed on PUP before season started?

Yes.

Regular season PUP means you're out 6 games, 2 weeks after those games to be activated or you'll go on season ending IR

IR DTR means you'll play earliest week 9 (Swoope for example)

IR is just your season is over

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Banner would be easily the best OL on the practice squad IF  we can get him there.

Someone here has noted that we have to wait 24 hours before we can re-claim him.    So, maybe sometime todday or tomorrow, IF he sneaks through.

He's a nice player to develop, but I do think that the PS is for depth as well as development.  And with Clark, Vujnovich, and Good, the Colts may want to develop another position on the PS.  Maybe another WR. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It all depends on what they think his ceiling is going to be.  I'm not sure they can teach speed.

I'd hate to have him out there with Andrew behind center, considering the way he played in the preseason.  

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It all depends on what they think his ceiling is going to be.  I'm not sure they can teach speed.

I'd hate to have him out there with Andrew behind center, considering the way he played in the preseason.  

I think they've seen enough to bring him back on the PS.    I still think this staff believes in the kid and would like to retain him.      I hope we all wake-up on Tuesday and find out that Banner has been re-claimed and placed on our PS.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think they've seen enough to bring him back on the PS.    I still think this staff believes in the kid and would like to retain him.      I hope we all wake-up on Tuesday and find out that Banner has been re-claimed and placed on our PS.

They should believe in him, they scouted him high enough to be a 4th round pick.  I know they love his size and bloodlines.  

So we'll see soon enough if they think he has the stuff to make the next step.  I hope he does, he's got a great personality.