Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice 8/21/17

TKnight24

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm honestly getting tired of hooker missing reps

Agreed.  It's concerning how often he seems to have little niggling injuries keeping him out of much needed practice reps.

Really hoping this doesn't leak into the season.  Our depth is better at safety than it has been but need return on our draft investment.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

4 career tackles and Hooker is already hurt. smh. The Colts safety position is cursed I tell ya.

Reminds me of my platoon medic back in the infantry days.  Anytime we were set to go out to the field he would excuse guys at the drop of a hat.  I finally got tired of it...

32 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Agreed.  It's concerning how often he seems to have little niggling injuries keeping him out of much needed practice reps.

Really hoping this doesn't leak into the season.  Our depth is better at safety than it has been but need return on our draft investment.

Didn't the staff tell you they were going to bring him back slowly?  Why are expecting something else?

Just now, krunk said:

Didn't the staff tell you they were going to bring him back slowly?  Why are expecting something else?

Didn't mention anything to me specifically. ;)

I would have thought bringing him back slowly would include some red-shirt work to get him used to being out there with the defence and get those ball-hawk instincts firing again. 

I am happy to be proven wrong on his overall health but probably looking for it more based on his history and reputation.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

When his injury is described as nagging, you don't expect him to miss over a week of practice

3 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I would have thought bringing him back slowly would include some red-shirt work to get him used to being out there with the defence and get those ball-hawk instincts firing again. 

I am happy to be proven wrong on his overall health but probably looking for it more based on his history and reputation.

You gotta remember this guy wasn't able to participate in any of the offseason work.  I'm sure he's not in the same shape as everyone else.  They already know he can play.  I'm sure there's very little doubt.

They said they'd bring back Hooker slowly from his previous injuries/surgeries, but I assume that can be taken to meant that also means any other injuries he picks up. I think part of the worry comes from the terrible luck we have with safeties getting injured.

I think they will be cautious with him during the preseason but I'll start to get concerned if he keeps consistently missing practices during the regular season.

I already mentioned it in another thread but ill reiterate. What concerns me the most with Hooker is that this nagging shoulder pain he is having goes back to his injury he had in college. He had labrum surgery on the shoulder he is having pain from. I hope he didn't re-injure it or that this soreness is always going to be a problem for him going forward. 

15 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

I already mentioned it in another thread but ill reiterate. What concerns me the most with Hooker is that this nagging shoulder pain he is having goes back to his injury he had in college. He had labrum surgery on the shoulder he is having pain from. I hope he didn't re-injure it or that this soreness is always going to be a problem for him going forward. 

Labrum surgery can be a 9 month to a year recovery.  See Luck.  Or heck, even Cam Newton - his surgery was in April, and he's still not suited up.  The fact that Hooker dressed and played in the first pre-season game amazed me.  I'm surprised the Colts didn't protect that shoulder a little longer. 

18 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

I think the surgery was for his hip labrum, not his shoulder. So as far as I know, he hasn't had any shoulder procedures recently.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781610/article/malik-hooker-undergoes-surgeries-wont-work-out-at-combine

21 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think the surgery was for his hip labrum, not his shoulder. So as far as I know, he hasn't had any shoulder procedures recently.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781610/article/malik-hooker-undergoes-surgeries-wont-work-out-at-combine

Thanks for the correction. I've known people that have torn their shoulder labrum.  Alot of QB's and baseball players have this injury. Everything I read about him just said hernia and labrum, I just automatically assumed it was his shoulder this whole time. That makes me feel alot better since it is shoulder soreness and not hip that he's dealing with now. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm honestly getting tired of hooker missing reps

To be fair, we knew it would be this way (early on) with him.

That is why we drafted a top 5 pick with the 15th overall pick. 

This is the downside. The upside is soon to come. 

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

It's crazy how many reports say shoulder...  you are correct, thanks for the correction.  I too assumed shoulder.  Good catch.

34 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

That's part of the reason. The other reason is that there was a huge run on offensive talent.

56 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Your comment makes perfect sense. Wish we had patience and drafted Jaylen Smith last year.

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

History and reputation? You mean the one where he started and played in EVERY game last year and was a1st team All American? The team is handling him exactly as they should. Hooker is being treated no differently than Luck right now. It's PRESEASON.

11 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

Thanks for the correction. I've known people that have torn their shoulder labrum.  Alot of QB's and baseball players have this injury. Everything I read about him just said hernia and labrum, I just automatically assumed it was his shoulder this whole time. That makes me feel alot better since it is shoulder soreness and not hip that he's dealing with now. Thanks again!

Classy post.     Really appreciate it.       We're going to need all the classy posts we can get here the next month or so until Luck returns and we heal up from our injuries.....

Thanks again!               :thmup: