Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defjamz26

Post your "Way too Early " 2018 Mock's

Recommended Posts

On 11/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, NewColtsFan said:

 

A question for all those who want the Colts to draft Nelson, a guard with a top-5 pick......

 

When, where and how are we getting an upgrade at tackle?

 

As of today,  there's no FA tackle that would be an upgrade on Costonzo.      Not even sure there's a FA tackle that would slot in on the right side.....

 

With all the needs that we have on both sides of the line,  do you really want to draft a guard FIRST and a tackle SECOND?!?       That's not only backwards to what would be traditionally done,   but it slows the building of the defense back another year....    and it's not clear of the caliber of tackle you will get in the 2nd round....

 

 

I think you bring up some good points. Personally, I have mixed feelings on Nelson. Being a guard and so many holes throughout this roster it is hard to get on board taking a guard within the top 10. (assuming that is where the Colts end up picking)

 

Some might view this like the Ryan Kelly debate a couple years ago but I don't. Although I was all about taking Kelly then I feel there is a big difference in taking a top interior lineman at 18 than within the top 10. 

 

Free agency is something else worth considering in all of this too. The Colts are going to have a lot of cap space. I think they are actually projected to have the MOST cap space. There are not a lot of great free agents this offseason but two that I hope the Colts make a run at are both guards. Andrew Norwell of the Panthers and Justin Pugh of the Giants. I think Pugh is actually playing right tackle at the moment but believe he is more of a guard. The Colts can sign one or both of those guys. This would allow them to take a tackle or a defensive player in round 1 while still addressing the interior offensive line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ar7 said:

 

I think you bring up some good points. Personally, I have mixed feelings on Nelson. Being a guard and so many holes throughout this roster it is hard to get on board taking a guard within the top 10. (assuming that is where the Colts end up picking)

 

Some might view this like the Ryan Kelly debate a couple years ago but I don't. Although I was all about taking Kelly then I feel there is a big difference in taking a top interior lineman at 18 than within the top 10. 

 

Free agency is something else worth considering in all of this too. The Colts are going to have a lot of cap space. I think they are actually projected to have the MOST cap space. There are not a lot of great free agents this offseason but two that I hope the Colts make a run at are both guards. Andrew Norwell of the Panthers and Justin Pugh of the Giants. I think Pugh is actually playing right tackle at the moment but believe he is more of a guard. The Colts can sign one or both of those guys. This would allow them to take a tackle or a defensive player in round 1 while still addressing the interior offensive line.

The problem with that is it’s not Ballard’s MO. He wants to build through the draft. I can’t see him signing 2 starting OGs. 

 

Not to mention that Nelson will step on the field and already be a top 10 guard in the NFL, much like Martin. It’s not a guarantee that Ballard will take him or that he’ll be there for us, but he deserves serious consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 2:49 AM, stitches said:

Here's Dane Brugler's latest mock draft:

http://nfldraftscout.com/members/news/cfb_column.php?story_id=182730

 

Colts get Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It's not totally out of the question. Fitzpatrick is almost universally considered a top 5 talent in this draft. According to Brugler, who knows Ballard he will pick BPA.

 

 

 

What do you guys think? Shouldn't Fitzpatrick be in the conversation for the Colts? I haven't seen him being mocked to us by people here much. 

We have Hooker, and while I’ve seen people say that Fitzpatrick can play CB, I don’t think that’s his best position. He’s great and probably got the highest football IQ of anyone in this draft, but I wouldn’t take him. OL or pass rusher are the only positions they take there unless Barkley falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest Mocks:

 

FA Signings:

-Trumaine Johnson

-Jarvis Landry

-Justin Pugh

 

Draft version 1

 

1. Connor Williams, OT Texas- @NewColtsFan was right. All the talk about Williams might have been smoke. He came out and was his old self against WVU

 

2. Rashan Evans, ILB Alabama- One of the fastest risers in this draft, he’s seen his stock jump way up on a lot of boards. He’s an athletic Will.

 

3. Braden Smith, OG Auburn- An athletic guard who is good in the run and pass game. Good size at 6’6”

 

4. T.J. Edwards, ILB Wisconsin- Another LB who won’t test as well as Evans, but has made highleet reel plays in coverage. Will play Mike and be an upgrade over Morrison.

 

5. Jamal Peters, CB Miss. State- Developmental CB who fits the Ballard mold. He’s a 6’1” press man CB who can take the ball away.

 

6. Kalen Ballage, RB Arizona State- A bigger back to compliment Mack.

 

7. Jake Wieneke, WR N. Dakota St.- A late round replacement for Moncrief who could test similarly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 5:02 PM, Defjamz26 said:

We have Hooker, and while I’ve seen people say that Fitzpatrick can play CB, I don’t think that’s his best position. He’s great and probably got the highest football IQ of anyone in this draft, but I wouldn’t take him. OL or pass rusher are the only positions they take there unless Barkley falls.

I don't think he needs to play safety. I think it's the same situation that was happening with Ramsey pre-draft. He was amazing in coverage every time I watched him at CB, he was popping on tape last year and now he's filling holes for Alabama. I see no reason why he cannot be a great CB. I'm of the mind - let him prove he can't play CB before you put him on the less valuable position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A name that doesn't get much mention is Oregon tackle Tyrell Crosby. I haven't watched much of Oregon this year so I can't give my personal opinion, but he's currently ranked as the best pass-protecting tackle in the whole country by PFF. He's not allowed a sack and has only allowed 3 pressures all year. The PAC-12 is not full of crazy pass-rushers, but there is some good defensive talent on Washington, Washington State and Utah... 

 

I don't know if he gets to round 2 but he might be another good option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my updated Colts Draft after Titans week...

 

Indy trades 5th overall pick to Cleveland for their 11th overall from Houston, and their 2nd and 3rd round picks. (Cleveland trades the #1 overall pick and will have plenty of ammo to maneuver the draft. So this is a potential team to trade with in the market for a QB)

 

Indy trades 33rd overall pick to Miami for their two 2nd's in this scenario. (Ballard needs picks, and the 33rd overall pick is a very tradable asset.) 

 

Round 1 Pick 11 (CLE): Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame 
Round 2 Pick 5: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 
Round 2 Pick 14 (MIA): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State
Round 2 Pick 31 (S.F.): Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/OLB, Kansas 
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville 
Round 3 Pick 5: Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State
Round 4 Pick 5: LJ Scott, RB, Michigan State
Round 5 Pick 5: Tre Flowers, SS, Oklahoma State 
Round 6 Pick 5: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State 
Round 7 Pick 5: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My updated weekly mock. Tried a different approach here:

 

R1: Roquan Smith, ILB- He’s a top 10 Prospect on a couple of boards. Colts finally get a pass coverage LB who can also blitz and stop the run

 

R2: Billy Price, OG- I like him for his versatility to play both Center and guard because Kelly seems to go down a lot lately. He starts day 1 at LG

 

R3: Cameron Smith, ILB- Not as athletic as Smith but he’s a monster in the run game and can cover. USC drops him into coverage frequently.

 

R4: LJ Scott, RB- Mack isn’t the answer IMO. Scott can be. He’s 6’1” and crafty in between the tackles.

 

R5: K.C. McDermott, OT- A developmental RT who can also play guard I feel. He competes with Haeg, Good, and Clark.

 

R6: Jamal Peters, CB- I’ve had him in my last draft. I’ll keep him here.

 

R7: Jake Wieneke, WR- A late round receiver who could really show out in camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

My updated weekly mock. Tried a different approach here:

 

R1: Roquan Smith, ILB- He’s a top 10 Prospect on a couple of boards. Colts finally get a pass coverage LB who can also blitz and stop the run

 

R2: Billy Price, OG- I like him for his versatility to play both Center and guard because Kelly seems to go down a lot lately. He starts day 1 at LG

 

R3: Cameron Smith, ILB- Not as athletic as Smith but he’s a monster in the run game and can cover. USC drops him into coverage frequently.

 

R4: LJ Scott, RB- Mack isn’t the answer IMO. Scott can be. He’s 6’1” and crafty in between the tackles.

 

R5: K.C. McDermott, OT- A developmental RT who can also play guard I feel. He competes with Haeg, Good, and Clark.

 

R6: Jamal Peters, CB- I’ve had him in my last draft. I’ll keep him here.

 

R7: Jake Wieneke, WR- A late round receiver who could really show out in camp.

Honestly I love this draft, hopefully we get a Guard in FA.  This is pretty solid though.  Personally I hope we get a RB in FA and spend that pick on something D related or a better OT earlier.  Thats just me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Honestly I love this draft, hopefully we get a Guard in FA.  This is pretty solid though.  Personally I hope we get a RB in FA and spend that pick on something D related or a better OT earlier.  Thats just me!

The plan with this mock is to sign Pugh or Norwell in FA. So the starting OL would be:

LT: Castonzo 

LG: Price

C: Kelly

RG: Pugh/Norwell

RT: TBD

 

Someone should be able to hold down RT without having to burn a high pick. Plus I think getting better play at RG will definitely help the play of whoever starts at RT. Plus a new coaching scheme that emphasizes quicker passes will improve line play as a hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The plan with this mock is to sign Pugh or Norwell in FA. So the starting OL would be:

LT: Castonzo 

LG: Price

C: Kelly

RG: Pugh/Norwell

RT: TBD

 

Someone should be able to hold down RT without having to burn a high pick. Plus I think getting better play at RG will definitely help the play of whoever starts at RT. Plus a new coaching scheme that emphasizes quicker passes will improve line play as a hole.

McDermott is not terrible and might be able to come in and take the RT spot.  Maybe Good finally takes that final step forward and takes it again.  I agree though that would be a huge improvement for the line and add in a coaching staff that can help and we are looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

McDermott is not terrible and might be able to come in and take the RT spot.  Maybe Good finally takes that final step forward and takes it again.  I agree though that would be a huge improvement for the line and add in a coaching staff that can help and we are looking good.

As much as I like Williams, I just feel it’s more important for them to get a guard. Quenton Nelson is still an option as well. McDermott or any of those later round tackles are perfect competition for RT. I wouldn’t be opposed to them drafting 3 OL high but they don’t HAVE to if they get a guard in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

As much as I like Williams, I just feel it’s more important for them to get a guard. Quenton Nelson is still an option as well. McDermott or any of those later round tackles are perfect competition for RT. I wouldn’t be opposed to them drafting 3 OL high but they don’t HAVE to if they get a guard in FA.

Yea, I have said many times the early movement in FA will tell a lot about the draft imo.  I know Ballard is a BPA guy but if he gets  1 or 2 OL guys in FA I can see it being a light position in the draft.  Just curious of what he will be willing to spend on one guy.  He mentioned last year he does not like to throw the balance of a locker room off by bringing in these high dollar guys.  Even though right after he brought in Hankins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Yea, I have said many times the early movement in FA will tell a lot about the draft imo.  I know Ballard is a BPA guy but if he gets  1 or 2 OL guys in FA I can see it being a light position in the draft.  Just curious of what he will be willing to spend on one guy.  He mentioned last year he does not like to throw the balance of a locker room off by bringing in these high dollar guys.  Even though right after he brought in Hankins.

He said that it has to be the right fit and be someone who he knows will come in and play up to the contract and earn the respect of the guys. Plus his hand was probably forced when he saw how bad Grigson left the roster. He’ll pay for bridge players on short deals why he builds through the draft and then probably cut people early. I could see him signing Pugh/Norwell to a 3-4 year deal, to help fix the line immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Yea, I have said many times the early movement in FA will tell a lot about the draft imo.  I know Ballard is a BPA guy but if he gets  1 or 2 OL guys in FA I can see it being a light position in the draft.  Just curious of what he will be willing to spend on one guy.  He mentioned last year he does not like to throw the balance of a locker room off by bringing in these high dollar guys.  Even though right after he brought in Hankins.

 

A good GM will evaluate the draft and see where the strengths are. If it's a strong draft at OL, which it is, then FA should probably be spent more on help elsewhere. I'm sure this is not news to Ballard though. 

 

Think of it this way, would you rather sign Pugh and draft Calvin Ridley early, or sign Jarvis Landry and draft Quenton Nelson early? I'd much prefer the latter. Nelson should be much better than Pugh at OG long term, and Landry I'd take in a heart beat over Ridley right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He said that it has to be the right fit and be someone who he knows will come in and play up to the contract and earn the respect of the guys. Plus his hand was probably forced when he saw how bad Grigson left the roster. He’ll pay for bridge players on short deals why he builds through the draft and then probably cut people early. I could see him signing Pugh/Norwell to a 3-4 year deal, to help fix the line immediately. 

Thats a great point.  I think he will go after some top players but maybe not the top money guys.  More like o-line and ILB's.  Hopefully DB or two.  Trumaine is still my dream grab.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

A good GM will evaluate the draft and see where the strengths are. If it's a strong draft at OL, which it is, then FA should probably be spent more on help elsewhere. I'm sure this is not news to Ballard though. 

Where as I do agree to an extent, if you have the chance to grab two guys in FA that can help your line right away, you do it.  The draft can spent on defense with all early picks to make an impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my updated Colts draft post Jacksonville week...

 

Trades - (Indy trades 5th overall to Arizona for their 11th, 2nd, 3rd round picks) (Indy trades 2nd round pick from AZ to KC for their 2nd, 3rd round picks)

 

Round 1 Pick 11 (AZ): Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame 
Round 2 Pick 5: Rashaan Evans, OLB, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 19 (K.C.): Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn
Round 3 Pick 5: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
Round 3 Pick 11 (AZ): Tony Brown, CB, Alabama 
Round 3 Pick 19 (K.C.): Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 5: Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn 
Round 5 Pick 5: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State 
Round 6 Pick 5: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

Round 7 Pick 5: Best OL player available

 

Analysis - I wanted to try and fix the OL and ILB position in this draft, so I drafted 2 studs on the OL in my opinion in Nelson and Smith. At ILB, Indy gets a stud in Evans who can do it all, and a run stopping ILB who is a bit underrated in pass coverage in Smith. I also wouldn't mind TJ Edwards from Wisconsin either. I really like Carter as another pass rusher to add to the depth, plus Ballard always likes adding more help there. I really like Tony Brown at CB and he brings a physical presence at corner with great speed. He just needs a little coaching up. Kerryon Johnson is a talented RB who can share carries with Mack. And finally, at WR I really like Cedrick Wilson and feel like he could be a steal producing stats similar to Rishard Matthews from Tennessee. D.J. Moore could be used as a quality slot WR playing the middle of the field. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is my updated Colts draft post Jacksonville week...

 

Trades - (Indy trades 5th overall to Arizona for their 11th, 2nd, 3rd round picks) (Indy trades 2nd round pick from AZ to KC for their 2nd, 3rd round picks)

 

Round 1 Pick 11 (AZ): Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame 
Round 2 Pick 5: Rashaan Evans, OLB, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 19 (K.C.): Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn
Round 3 Pick 5: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
Round 3 Pick 11 (AZ): Tony Brown, CB, Alabama 
Round 3 Pick 19 (K.C.): Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 5: Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn 
Round 5 Pick 5: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State 
Round 6 Pick 5: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

Round 7 Pick 5: Best OL player available

 

Analysis - I wanted to try and fix the OL and ILB position in this draft, so I drafted 2 studs on the OL in my opinion in Nelson and Smith. At ILB, Indy gets a stud in Evans who can do it all, and a run stopping ILB who is a bit underrated in pass coverage in Smith. I also wouldn't mind TJ Edwards from Wisconsin either. I really like Carter as another pass rusher to add to the depth, plus Ballard always likes adding more help there. I really like Tony Brown at CB and he brings a physical presence at corner with great speed. He just needs a little coaching up. Kerryon Johnson is a talented RB who can share carries with Mack. And finally, at WR I really like Cedrick Wilson and feel like he could be a steal producing stats similar to Rishard Matthews from Tennessee. D.J. Moore could be used as a quality slot WR playing the middle of the field. 
 

I really hope Rashan Evans makes it to our pick in the 2nd round. That’s who I want if we can’t get Roquan Smith. I also like that you have Cameron Smith. He’s one of my top 5 favorite ILBs in this class.

 

1. Josey Jewell

2. Roquan Smith

3. Cameron Smith 

4. Rashan Evans

5. TJ Edwards

 

And of course I love the Nelson pick. I feel as if you could have gotten a developmental tackle earlier though. Overall a very solid draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll give this a try. Basing this off of current draft order, even though I think there will be some relatively significant changes between now and when the final order is set.

 

Trade: IND trades #5 to BUF for #18 and #21 (I was a little surprised that the value on this trade was actually perfect on the draft trade chart)

 

Round 1, Pick 18: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Round 1, Pick 21: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Round 2, Pick 5: Hercules Mata'afa, EDGE, Washington State

Round 3, Pick 5: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

Round 4, Pick 5: Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State

Round 5, Pick 5: Quadree Henderson, WR/KR/PR, Pittsburgh

Round 6, Pick 5: Ben Niemann, LB, Iowa

Round 7, Pick 5: best defensive player available

 

Analysis: So, my thinking with this was to fix the offense. Luck has been masking a lot of problems throughout that side of the roster that have become very obvious with Brissett starting. First and foremost, we owe it to our franchise QB to give him a great offensive line. Not just an average OL, or a good OL, I want him playing behind an OL of similar caliber to what the Cowboys had in 2016. The Bills are likely going to be looking for a franchise QB, so if a Sam Darnold is there at five, I'd expect them to be looking to trade up for him. We take advantage and get two first round caliber linemen for the cost of one top five pick. Brown starts right away at RT, and Hernandez likely takes the starting LG spot. RG would be a position I want addressed in free agency, whether that's bringing Jack Mewhort back, or signing a veteran from another team like Justin Pugh or Andrew Norwell. 

In the second round, we get possibly my favorite pass rusher in this year's class. Mata'afa's jump off the line of scrimmage is insane, and I think he comes in as a rotational pass rusher right off the bat, with the potential to develop into an every down OLB for us. Royce Freeman gives us a perfect RB to pair with Marlon Mack, and Allen Lazard is a huge target that Luck will love (I'd want to sign a WR in free agency, which would leave Lazard to compete with Chester Rogers for the WR3 spot). Henderson would round out our receiving corps, but he's mostly a special teams pick. Ben Niemann is a bit of an Iowa homer pick, but he's the Hawks best coverage LB and could carve out a role for himself as a coverage specialist behind Anthony Walker and/or a free agent signing. Not really sure where to go in the seventh round, but I'd primarily look for a defensive player to serve as depth and hopefully develop into a role player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 1:13 PM, Defjamz26 said:

 

I like Derwin James and Fitzpatrick.  Wouldn't mind having either of the two if Ballard saw fit to do so.  The other Box Safety Alabama has named Harrison I like him too.  Won't guy as high as the other two but looks like a player to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question as I have not studied the players in the draft heavily yet. If Bryce Love declares (think he is a junior), would or should he get picked before Barkley? I like him better than Barkley actually based on this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a question as I have not studied the players in the draft heavily yet. If Bryce Love declares (think he is a junior), would or should he get picked before Barkley? I like him better than Barkley actually based on this year.

 

I would imagine he would not as he's under 200 lbs at 196 and SaQuan is 230 and is the better receiver and pass blocker. I've seen Love as a late first/early second in Mock Drafts Behind Barkley and Guice from LSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

 

I would imagine he would not as he's under 200 lbs at 196 and SaQuan is 230 and is the better receiver and pass blocker. I've seen Love as a late first/early second in Mock Drafts Behind Barkley and Guice from LSU.

Thanks Boiler! Appreciate the response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts trade back an acquire additional picks

 

Rd1: Quenton Nelson OG (Notre Dame)

 

Rd2: Austin Bryant OLB (Clemson)

 

Rd2: Joshua Jackson CB (Iowa)

 

Rd3: Matthew Thomas ILB (Florida State)

 

Rd3: Darius Leonard ILB (South Carolina State)

 

Rd4: Andre Dillard OT (Washington State)

 

Rd5: Justin Jackson RB (Northwestern)

 

Rd6: Dominick Sanders S (Georgia)

 

Rd7: J'Mon Moore WR (Missouri)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 10:13 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

 

I would imagine he would not as he's under 200 lbs at 196 and SaQuan is 230 and is the better receiver and pass blocker. I've seen Love as a late first/early second in Mock Drafts Behind Barkley and Guice from LSU.

Indeed. He's no. 6 ranked pass-protection RB in the country. This is in addition to being an incredibly shifty runner and good catcher of the ball at 230lbs. He is a generational talent at RB IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my updated Colts mock draft post Buffalo week...

 

Trades - (Indy trades 3rd overall pick to New York Jets for their 11th overall, two 2nds, and 2019 2nd.)

              (Indy trades 2nd round pick to LA for their 2nd, 3rd round picks.)

 

Round 1 Pick 11 (NYJ): Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame 
Round 2 Pick 11 (NYJ): Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 14 (LAC): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State 
Round 2 Pick 25 (NYJ): Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn
Round 3 Pick 3: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia 
Round 3 Pick 14 (LAC): Tony Brown, CB, Alabama 
Round 4 Pick 3: Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn 
Round 5 Pick 3: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State 
Round 6 Pick 3: TJ Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
Round 7 Pick 3: Best WR available

 

Analysis - Indy gets their OL fixed by adding a dominant force in Quenton Nelson in round 1, and then adding talented OT/Gs in Rankin and Smith. Round 2 Indy gets their sideline to sideline playmaking ILB in Evans, and then in round 3 Ballard gets a talented pass rusher in Carter. Carter, along with the development of Basham, will help the rotational pass rush with Sheard and Simon. Tony Brown is a CB I really like, and could fight for a starting CB spot with Wilson and Melvin in 2018. Kerryon Johnson is a talented RB who has drawn similarities to Le'veon Bell at times. Would love pairing him with Mack going forward and avoiding spending an early pick on a RB. Wilson is a WR I like in the middle rounds, and adds size and reliability to the WR core for Luck. Edwards might not be the fasted ILB in the draft, but he simply makes plays and could drop to the 6th, which could be a value pick for Indy, and he could challenge for playing time next to Evans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my mid-December attempt on fanspeak:

1: R1P4
EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
2: R2P4
OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
3: R3P4
RB DAMIEN HARRIS
ALABAMA
4: R4P4
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
5: R5P4
LB JEROME BAKER
OHIO STATE
6: R6P4
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
7: R7P4
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA

 

It's a bit offense heavy in the middle but I feel like we need this. I like the late round CBs that were available and spent both picks on it. I kind of feel like both will probably jump a lot on boards by draft day, but if they don't I think they will be good additions to our DB core. Jerome Baker is an athletic linebacker who has some good developmental potential to be a side-to-side linebacker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been slacking. Here is my updated 2018 Mock draft

 

R1: Quenton Nelson, OG

R2: Rashan Evans, ILB

R3: Cameron Smith, ILB

R4: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB

R5: KC McDermott, OT

R6: LJ Scott, RB

R7: Anthony Johnson, WR

 

Nelson is the pick until I see the final draft order and can look at a trade down. Smith isn’t an option where we’ll be picking in round 1 now, but Evans is just as athletic and slightly bigger. Cameron Smith isn’t going to test as well as Smith, Jefferson, Evans, etc... but he’s good in coverage and is great in the box. Nwosu is an underrated pass rusher who has 9.5 TFL, 7 sacks, and 11 passes batted. He’s a little small at 6’2” but he’s 240 pounds and can play. McDermott is a competition RT who also has guard flexibility. I see us signing a guard in FA and letting a draft pick, Haeg, Good, and Clark battle it out for the RT spot. IMO we only need a high pick on a guard, not necessarily a tackle. LJ Scott can be the thunder to Mack’s lightning. He’s 6’0” and is versatile like most of Michigan State’s RBs. Moncrief is gone so we need a replacement (Landry in FA possibly). Last year there was a run on under the radar project WRs like Golladay, Hollins, Malone, etc...This time the Colts get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanspeak's board can be weird at times, this is what I managed to get :) 

 

image.thumb.png.3db1b7918042b70c6e42f545ce9ccc7d.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Fanspeak's board can be weird at times, this is what I managed to get :) 

 

image.thumb.png.3db1b7918042b70c6e42f545ce9ccc7d.png

 

 

What you got isn’t too weird. But from using that site frequently, I’m willing to be there were some questionable picks from other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

What you got isn’t too weird. But from using that site frequently, I’m willing to be there were some questionable picks from other teams.

 

Darius Leonard, because he did not play in the SEC or ACC, can be overlooked by fans.

 

You should read this:

 

http://theundefeated.com/features/clemson-didnt-want-darius-leonard-but-now-the-nfl-does/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

What you got isn’t too weird. But from using that site frequently, I’m willing to be there were some questionable picks from other teams.

I did one a day or two ago where Derrius Guice went second overall That site can definitely get pretty funky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck out another season, then...

FA: Pugh G and Johnson CB

 

1. Bradley Chubb DE or Saquon Barkey RB

2. Nelson G, Jefferson ILB, Jones OT

3. Rankin OT, Smith G, Victor ILB or Smith ILB

4. Mike Gesicki TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost everyone of you have drafted for need and not BPA.   Ballard as was stated earlier is a BPA guy and that is the way it should be. 

 

Hard to do a mock draft if you don't know who is available.  1st pick should whoever is the left in order.     So if the top three are Barkley Fitzpatrick and Chubb. Then he will pick the top one of those left

 

imo Nelson falls to the mid to bottom of round one.  Maybe even top of second 

 

he's a guard! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...