Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post your "Way too Early " 2018 Mock's

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

My dream scenario for the best long term results for this team would be having a top 5 pick, getting a haul of draft picks from a team needing a QB, and still landing OT Connor Williams after the trade down. 

I mean if we are going to have a bad year just go all out and hope for a top 3 or 5 for sure.  I am always in the company of wanting to pick at 32 but I see what your saying.  We could get a lot of picks after moving back and it would be pretty nice depending on the spot.  Buffalo has an extra 1, 2 and 3rd rounder next year and they need a QB.  If we pick before them....a huge reach, but we could get a haul.

Track Guy 2018 mock September addition:

R1: Trey Adams, OL, Washington St. - Washington's big, athletic left tackle is still young and growing as a player, but has elite traits in regards to his size, athleticism, and lower body mechanics. He's put on some more size this year and if he can cut down on mistakes he should hear his name called in round 1. He's a guy who's got a very high ceiling. Listed at 6-8 / 327. Plays LT at Washington, could start day 1 at RT or LG for the Colts and possibly take over at LT in the future. He does have franchise LT traits. 

R2: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama - He's had trouble seeing the field too much at Alabama behind some of their recent early round draft picks, but Evans is capable of being just as good. He's got exceptional speed which will allow him to run down ball carriers, blitz, or drop into coverage at the NFL level. Listed at 6-2 / 234. Plays ILB and has played OLB for Alabama. Would play weak side ILB for the Colts. 

R3: Andrew Brown, DL, Virignia - An interior disruptor who had done little disrupting in his first 2 seasons at UVA, Brown erupted for 13 TFL and 6 sacks last season. He's got a good skill set, especially his quickness of the snap. Would be served getting slightly bigger/stronger for the NFL level if he can. Listed at 6-4 / 285. Plays 3-4 DE for Virginia. Would play the same position for the Colts. 

R4: Stacy Thomas, LB, Louisville - Another linebacker to bolster the roster as in a 3-4, you need strong inside linebackers to make the defense work most effective. Thomas is good in coverage in particular, but not bad against the run either. His athleticism strikes me as not elite, but still solid and good enough to play on Sundays. Needs to improve his tackling. Listed at 6-1 / 242. Plays linebacker for Louisville and would fit as a rotational ILB (probably best on the weak side but could play Mike too) for the Colts. 

R5: James Butler, RB, Iowa - A transfer from Nevada. He's a strong running back who is particularly good at picking up yards after contact. He can catch and is improving a bit in protection. Listed at 5-9 / 210. Exclusively fits in at running back for the Hawkeyes and obviously would for the Colts too. 

R6: Darius Jackson, Edge, Jacksonville St. - Small school developmental pass rushing prospect. Highly productive at the lower college level he plays at. Listed at 6-3 / 242. Size suits the 3-4 OLB role where he'd play for the Colts.

R7: Aidan Schneider, K, Oregon - An accurate kicker for the Ducks. Not particularly hung up on any kicker prospect, but right now he looks like one of the more accurate kickers. Listed at 6-3 / 236, not that it matters too much for a kicker but that's pretty big.

35 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

R1: Trey Adams, OL, Washington St. - Washington's big, athletic left tackle is still young and growing as a player, but has elite traits in regards to his size, athleticism, and lower body mechanics. He's put on some more size this year and if he can cut down on mistakes he should hear his name called in round 1. He's a guy who's got a very high ceiling. Listed at 6-8 / 327. Plays LT at Washington, could start day 1 at RT or LG for the Colts and possibly take over at LT in the future. He does have franchise LT traits. 

R2: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama - He's had trouble seeing the field too much at Alabama behind some of their recent early round draft picks, but Evans is capable of being just as good. He's got exceptional speed which will allow him to run down ball carriers, blitz, or drop into coverage at the NFL level. Listed at 6-2 / 234. Plays ILB and has played OLB for Alabama. Would play weak side ILB for the Colts. 

R3: Andrew Brown, DL, Virignia - An interior disruptor who had done little disrupting in his first 2 seasons at UVA, Brown erupted for 13 TFL and 6 sacks last season. He's got a good skill set, especially his quickness of the snap. Would be served getting slightly bigger/stronger for the NFL level if he can. Listed at 6-4 / 285. Plays 3-4 DE for Virginia. Would play the same position for the Colts. 

R4: Stacy Thomas, LB, Louisville - Another linebacker to bolster the roster as in a 3-4, you need strong inside linebackers to make the defense work most effective. Thomas is good in coverage in particular, but not bad against the run either. His athleticism strikes me as not elite, but still solid and good enough to play on Sundays. Needs to improve his tackling. Listed at 6-1 / 242. Plays linebacker for Louisville and would fit as a rotational ILB (probably best on the weak side but could play Mike too) for the Colts. 

R5: James Butler, RB, Iowa - A transfer from Nevada. He's a strong running back who is particularly good at picking up yards after contact. He can catch and is improving a bit in protection. Listed at 5-9 / 210. Exclusively fits in at running back for the Hawkeyes and obviously would for the Colts too. 

R6: Darius Jackson, Edge, Jacksonville St. - Small school developmental pass rushing prospect. Highly productive at the lower college level he plays at. Listed at 6-3 / 242. Size suits the 3-4 OLB role where he'd play for the Colts.

R7: Aidan Schneider, K, Oregon - An accurate kicker for the Ducks. Not particularly hung up on any kicker prospect, but right now he looks like one of the more accurate kickers. Listed at 6-3 / 236, not that it matters too much for a kicker but that's pretty big.

Cornerback?

I don't see one and I think it's our number 1 defensive need next year.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Cornerback?

I don't see one and I think it's our number 1 defensive need next year.

I figured maybe we'd address it free agency. I think CB is a huge need, but I think having good LBs might be even more critical. 

1.Connor Williams OT: day one starter at Right tackle and will replace Castanzo in 2019.

2. Dorrance Armstrong OLB: Freakish athlete could be a franchise pass rusher. 

3. Bo Scarborough RB: Runs with power breaks tackles running back of the future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eharv1 said:

1.Connor Williams OT: day one starter at Right tackle and will replace Castanzo in 2019.

2. Dorrance Armstrong OLB: Freakish athlete could be a franchise pass rusher. 

3. Bo Scarborough RB: Runs with power breaks tackles running back of the future. 

This team desperately needs Connor Williams at RT. If the Colts keep playing the way they did today, they will get the #1 overall pick, hopefully trade it for a kings ransom, and still land Connor Williams. I'd actually prefer that for the long term future of this team, as opposed to another mediocre 8-8 season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

This team desperately needs Connor Williams at RT. If the Colts keep playing the way they did today, they will get the #1 overall pick, hopefully trade it for a kings ransom, and still land Connor Williams. I'd actually prefer that for the long term future of this team, as opposed to another mediocre 8-8 season.

I agree with all this especially trading down for a lot of picks cause our defense and Oline played horrible today and hopefully will play that way the rest of the season. 

I've been meaning to post this for some time....   apologies that mine is coming so late.

No names for right now....    but positions of need....

1st Round:      Cornerback.      I think it's pretty obvious that Vonte is on his last legs,  and with this being his last year,  I think he'll be on a new team next year.     But we need a new #1 caliber shutdown corner.    This is the highest need for 2018.     Not sure I want this position filled with a 2nd round pick.     And it appears to be a good class of corners.

2nd Round:     OLB.      Pass rush is always the most important spot on that side of the ball.    But I'm hopeful we can find someone who will be in the top-50 and can be groomed.

3rd Round:      DB         Safety is a mess.    Who knows about Geathers?     Butler's career at Safety can't be long.   Green may or may not have a future here?      Lots of question marks.   Too many, frankly.    Safety is a high priority need.

4th Round:     RB         Someone to pair with Mack.    Someone more power based to compliment Macks speed and elusiveness.      It's another good class of backs.    Just not sure it's as deep.     Might dry up pretty quick after the first three rounds.     College depth needs to be monitored.      Does the new guy, Matt Jones even have a chance next season?  

5th Round:     ILB        Still a position of need.     But a reminder:    One inside linebacker comes OFF THE FIELD on roughly 50-65 percent of the snaps.     Not prepared to spend a high pick on a positon that comes off the field so often.   Maybe in a few more years?

6th Round:     OL       Project.     Best offensive lineman regardless of position.     Someone who will clear waivers and stick on the practice squad and eventually turn into something in a year or two.     That's not that uncommon for O-lineman.

7th Round:     DL       Project.     Ballard always wants more talent on the lines.   Let's find someone who needs a good year or two in a weight program.     Either putting ON weight,  or taking it off.    Someone other teams perhaps are thinking of as a stash-away underrated free agent.     I'd like to steal him in the 7th round.

So,  5 defensive players,  2 offensive.     We need to keep investing in defense in the draft.   That's our need,  and, in part why we picked Chris Ballard to be our GM.

Also,  the offensive positions that need help fast, we should invest in free agency.   The O-line,  perhaps a right end.  Whatever we need,  make it a free agent priority.     We've got the money.    But, as Superman notes,  will there be decent free agents worth investing in?     That's the question....

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've been meaning to post this for some time....   apologies that mine is coming so late.

No names for right now....    but positions of need....

1st Round:      Cornerback.      I think it's pretty obvious that Vonte is on his last legs,  and with this being his last year,  I think he'll be on a new team next year.     But we need a new #1 caliber shutdown corner.    This is the highest need for 2018.     Not sure I want this position filled with a 2nd round pick.     And it appears to be a good class of corners.

2nd Round:     OLB.      Pass rush is always the most important spot on that side of the ball.    But I'm hopeful we can find someone who will be in the top-50 and can be groomed.

3rd Round:      DB         Safety is a mess.    Who knows about Geathers?     Butler's career at Safety can't be long.   Green may or may not have a future here?      Lots of question marks.   Too many, frankly.    Safety is a high priority need.

4th Round:     RB         Someone to pair with Mack.    Someone more power based to compliment Macks speed and elusiveness.      It's another good class of backs.    Just not sure it's as deep.     Might dry up pretty quick after the first three rounds.     College depth needs to be monitored.      Does the new guy, Matt Jones even have a chance next season?  

5th Round:     ILB        Still a position of need.     But a reminder:    One inside linebacker comes OFF THE FIELD on roughly 50-65 percent of the snaps.     Not prepared to spend a high pick on a positon that comes off the field so often.   Maybe in a few more years?

6th Round:     OL       Project.     Best offensive lineman regardless of position.     Someone who will clear waivers and stick on the practice squad and eventually turn into something in a year or two.     That's not that uncommon for O-lineman.

7th Round:     DL       Project.     Ballard always wants more talent on the lines.   Let's find someone who needs a good year or two in a weight program.     Either putting ON weight,  or taking it off.    Someone other teams perhaps are thinking of as a stash-away underrated free agent.     I'd like to steal him in the 7th round.

So,  5 defensive players,  2 offensive.     We need to keep investing in defense in the draft.   That's our need,  and, in part why we picked Chris Ballard to be our GM.

Also,  the offensive positions that need help fast, we should invest in free agency.   The O-line,  perhaps a right end.  Whatever we need,  make it a free agent priority.     We've got the money.    But, as Superman notes,  will there be decent free agents worth investing in?     That's the question....

With the disclaimer that I don't believe in drafting for need, but just for fun here's what I came up with at the draft position and on-field position of the players you've specified using the fanspeak draft machine(they put us drafting at no. 8):

1: R1P8
CB TARVARUS MCFADDEN
FLORIDA STATE
2: R2P8
EDGE OGBONNIA OKORONKWO
OKLAHOMA
3: R3P8
S MARCUS ALLEN
PENN STATE
4: R4P8
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
5: R5P8
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA
6: R6P8
OT COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE
7: R7P8
DL FOLORUNSO FATUKASI
CONNECTICUT

I won't pretend I know much about the last several picks.

Tarvarus McFadden is one of the best CBs in the draft and a turnover machine. We know how much Ballard emphasizes turning the ball over. Last year McFadden had 8 interceptions.

I was very impressed by Okoronkwo in their game vs Ohio state. He's a quick twitch explosive athlete in the Tyus Bowser mold, but I think Okoronkwo is actually more refined as a passrusher. I'd love it if we manage to get him in the second.

Marcus Allen is thePenn state's defense leader. He's a tackling machine. IMO he will be in the box safety in the league but that's OK since we have Hooker already. If Gaethers doesn't come back he will be a suitable replacement.

Kalen Ballage is a huge back(6'2" 230) with a twist - he's actually great in the passing game. He had almost 500 receiving yards last year. He has power and some wiggle as well as good hands. I think he can be a good complement to Mack. 

Rashaan Evans is an interesting prospect. I've seen him much higher than what fanspeak projects him at... but oh well... if he falls, he's a raw prospect with interesting athletic upside, who can both drop in coverage and blitz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stitches said:

With the disclaimer that I don't believe in drafting for need, but just for fun here's what I came up with at the draft position and on-field position of the players you've specified using the fanspeak draft machine(they put us drafting at no. 8):

1: R1P8
CB TARVARUS MCFADDEN
FLORIDA STATE
2: R2P8
EDGE OGBONNIA OKORONKWO
OKLAHOMA
3: R3P8
S MARCUS ALLEN
PENN STATE
4: R4P8
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
5: R5P8
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA
6: R6P8
OT COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE
7: R7P8
DL FOLORUNSO FATUKASI
CONNECTICUT

I won't pretend I know much about the last several picks.

Tarvarus McFadden is one of the best CBs in the draft and a turnover machine. We know how much Ballard emphasizes turning the ball over. Last year McFadden had 8 interceptions.

I was very impressed by Okoronkwo in their game vs Ohio state. He's a quick twitch explosive athlete in the Tyus Bowser mold, but I think Okoronkwo is actually more refined as a passrusher. I'd love it if we manage to get him in the second.

Marcus Allen is thePenn state's defense leader. He's a tackling machine. IMO he will be in the box safety in the league but that's OK since we have Hooker already. If Gaethers doesn't come back he will be a suitable replacement.

Kalen Ballage is a huge back(6'2" 230) with a twist - he's actually great in the passing game. He had almost 500 receiving yards last year. He has power and some wiggle as well as good hands. I think he can be a good complement to Mack. 

Rashaan Evans is an interesting prospect. I've seen him much higher than what fanspeak projects him at... but oh well... if he falls, he's a raw prospect with interesting athletic upside, who can both drop in coverage and blitz.

Thanks!

This was very, VERY kind of you to do this....     really appreciate it!

Putting names to spots is interesting.

And basically,  I agree with you about not drafting for need.      I didn't think Safety was a 1st round need last year,  but I was fine with Hooker,  thrilled actually,   because I thought he was way too good to pass up at 15.

My post is just a broad outline based on need.

Oh,  and I"ll add this....    it's early,   really, really early.....    but my first read is that the draft is very strong at offense,  except tight end,   and not nearly as strong on defense.     It's not bad,  but it's not the strength of the draft.     I hope that changes between now and late-April....

• Like 1

If we do pick in the middle of the rounds, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking the highest rated guard by Dratttek - Quenton Nelson.  Says he is one of the best guard prospects to come out of college in quite some time.  If we pick top 10 and either McGlinchey or Williams is on the board, I would take one of them and try and get Crowder or Price in the 2nd.  The edge class looks deep next year.  A bunch of them in the 6'3" 260 lb + club.  Maybe try and get some ILB and edge rushers in rounds 3 through 7.  I think the defense is looking a lot better than the offense right now.  But, that may change once Luck comes back.

8 hours ago, bigt said:

If we do pick in the middle of the rounds, I wouldn't mind the Colts taking the highest rated guard by Dratttek - Quenton Nelson.  Says he is one of the best guard prospects to come out of college in quite some time.  If we pick top 10 and either McGlinchey or Williams is on the board, I would take one of them and try and get Crowder or Price in the 2nd.  The edge class looks deep next year.  A bunch of them in the 6'3" 260 lb + club.  Maybe try and get some ILB and edge rushers in rounds 3 through 7.  I think the defense is looking a lot better than the offense right now.  But, that may change once Luck comes back.

Whatever spot we pick I want the best rated O-line for sure.  Nelson is supposedly the best by far with the Guards and I would take him for sure if all Tackles are gone.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, Track Guy said:

Not bad man...

No CB though?

Even with Hankins (which hasn't overwhelmed), our D-Line is one of the worst in the league. The guys that are putting their hands in the dirt for us all bench warmers at best. B Chubb is tearing it up. Not sure how good he is against the run. If Duke goes in the 3rd Id definately take a flyer. 

1 hour ago, Luck 03 said:

Even with Hankins (which hasn't overwhelmed), our D-Line is one of the worst in the league. The guys that are putting their hands in the dirt for us all bench warmers at best. B Chubb is tearing it up. Not sure how good he is against the run. If Duke goes in the 3rd Id definately take a flyer. 

We have much worse position groups than DL on this roster. OL should be the #1 priority for Ballard next offseason. 

1 hour ago, Luck 03 said:

Whatever out D-line is or isn't....   for right now,  it's the strength of the defense.     The LBers are worse,  and the secondary has lots of issues....

We still need a ton of help on that side of the ball,   and we still need more help on the O-line and at RB....

This team still has a ways to go...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luck 03 said:

Bench Warmers at best? Completely disagree but lets break this down. 

Al Woods has played pretty well so far and when we picked him up he was a rotational guy for TN.  Margus Hunt was a rotational guy with limited snaps in Cincy.  Anderson has not been the same since his injury rookie year but looking better.  Ridgeway is a solid rotational guy.  Hankins is the only true starter we have "starting" for us.  We have played pretty well so far with this group of "rotational" guys (notice the key word), but are they the best in the league... No.  Are they bench warmers... not anymore haha!

After further thinking about it, if we lose Davis a corner should be our priority with our first pick. The first 3 rounds should again be dedicated to our defense. I know this is against popular opinion and if Connor is there it may be hard to pass up. However, I dont buy into Hunt, Basham, our middle linebackers, Anderson, Woods... Sorry.. Our secondary is much better and u let the kids develop. Hooker is a stud. Wilson develops into a #2. Harriston continues to impress. That defense needs a better front 7 to even speak in terms of a playoff team. What is Indy like 20-0 when we hold opponents to under 20 points with Luck? I know the line is our biggest need but the overall offense isnt with such a generational QB. You look towards free agency to possibly add some quality O-line players snag a McFadden, Fitz with a top pick. Strengthen that front 7. We have a long way to go. WHo notable hasnt resigned that may be in free agency on the O-Line?? Thats what we should be discussing. 

Complete the secondary cause IMO the corners will be more solid where we pick than D Line and backers in the first. At least we wont have to worry about 1 layer of our defense going into 2018.

2 hours ago, Luck 03 said:

After further thinking about it, if we lose Davis a corner should be our priority with our first pick. The first 3 rounds should again be dedicated to our defense. I know this is against popular opinion and if Connor is there it may be hard to pass up. However, I dont buy into Hunt, Basham, our middle linebackers, Anderson, Woods... Sorry.. Our secondary is much better and u let the kids develop. Hooker is a stud. Wilson develops into a #2. Harriston continues to impress. That defense needs a better front 7 to even speak in terms of a playoff team. What is Indy like 20-0 when we hold opponents to under 20 points with Luck? I know the line is our biggest need but the overall offense isnt with such a generational QB. You look towards free agency to possibly add some quality O-line players snag a McFadden, Fitz with a top pick. Strengthen that front 7. We have a long way to go. WHo notable hasnt resigned that may be in free agency on the O-Line?? Thats what we should be discussing. 

Complete the secondary cause IMO the corners will be more solid where we pick than D Line and backers in the first. At least we wont have to worry about 1 layer of our defense going into 2018.

If Davis walks, Ballard has plenty of cap space to go and find another starting CB to play opposite Wilson, (Trumaine Johnson hint hint). Indy also has Melvin and Hairston who are serviceable. 

OT is a huge need going into next offseason for Indy. Castonzo is not the answer long term, and there are still questions at RT also. A good OL will also improve the defense by keeping them off the field. Connor Williams should be the pick, and trading down, acquiring extra picks, and still getting him would be the icing on the cake. 

I would take that scenerio no doubt. Then we focus on that front 7. second rd luv the pick harrison the more film i am watching. if johnson in the fold im 100% on board with connor. 3rd round ideasZ?

3/4 end? find me one in FA do u jump on a RB or stud guard?

Track Guy's October Mock

So before I start, I'll address which positions I think I'd look to bolster our depth through free agency before the draft.

1. Cornerback - we've added some promising youth at the position in 2017. With Vontae Davis' contract ending, we've got to add some talent at CB. Davis himself being re-signed is an option, but with advancing age, persistent durability issues, and our team having a lot of cap room, I think we could also look externally too. 

2. Wide Receiver - I am of the opinion that if Moncrief will take a reasonable contract, we should keep him as he has had good chemistry with Luck in the past. Even beyond the Moncrief situation, I think we need to think about bringing in another receiver who is good enough to at least be a WR3. 

3. Tight End (possibly) - If the right guy is out there (someone who could block well and is at least somewhat capable in the receiving game) I think it's a position to consider. 

Draft:

R1: Trey Adams, OL, Washington - A day 1 starter at either the LG or RT spot, who could be an option to take over at LT by year 2 or 3. He is a young player who still needs greater consistency in his play, but the traits in terms of size, footwork, bend, are all elite. 

R2: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, Oklahoma - A speedy edge rusher who will be too small for a lot of 4-3 teams. He would be at least a key rotational pass rusher from day 1 and probably push for starting time early in his career.

R3: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama - A fast inside linebacker who offers some bonus pass rushing ability too. His athleticism should allow him to cover well at the NFL level. He'd compete for a starting role at WIL from day 1. 

R4: Wyatt Teller, OL, Virginia Tech - A pancake artist at LG for Virginia Tech who projects to the same position in the NFL. I think he'd be best served not being pushing into starting day 1 as to adjust to NFL pass protection, but he has a high ceiling and I believe he can be a good player even early in his career. 

R5: Stacy Thomas, LB, Louisville - A really effective college ILB who PFF has tons of love for but nobody else seems to really. PFF cites his combination of run defense and coverage ability as both being among the best in CFB, however they admit he needs work in tackling. He'd be a solid depth piece for us with future starter upside. 

R6: Justin Crawford, RB, West Virginia - A college RB who broke out late last year and has kept the momentum rolling into 2017. He's pretty elusive and can run well between the tackles. Occasionally used as a pass catcher, although not extensively. 

R7: Matthew McCrane, K, Kansas St. - A kicker who is having a big year. Kicker is an underrated position and with the age of ours, we may be looking for a new one next year. 

• Like 2

Here's my updated draft:

R1: Trey Adams, OT Washington- I think he's what Ballard wants in an OT. Huge but with good athleticism. He starts at RT initially but will be the future LT.

R2: Iman Marshall, CB USC- Fits the mold of what Ballard wants in a CB

R3: Josey Jewell, ILB Iowa- So far he's been the most impressive LB I've watched on tape. He's great against the run and has a positive grade against the pass. Probably better in zone coverage than man though

R4: Clelin Ferrell, OLB Clemson- In what is thought to be a deep edge rusher class. Here's a guy that will go under the radar. He's 6'5, 260 and has 17 pressures and a sack on the season 

R5: L.J. Scott, RB Michigan State- A late round RB with tremendous upside but probably needs to drop some weight and has a fumbling issue. He's a good value pick here

R6: Scott Quessenberry, OG UCLA- a late round OG project. Let's see if Ballard can find a late round sleeper.

R7: N/A

• Like 2

On 9/10/2017 at 9:08 PM, BProland85 said:

Connor Williams is a stud, but might be gone before the Colts pick (Especially if Luck plays this season)

I'm having real hard time building an October mock simply because I feel like I'm cheating by putting the players I love and that are nowhere or super low on draft boards right now very late in the mock. I feel like draft writers haven't caught up on some of the prospects yet and I can build a mock based on their boards that I think will end up being unrealistic. For example Hercules Mata'afa is currently nowhere on draft boards. I think he will have a Solomon Thomas-like rise through boards. Roquan Smith I think goes sometime in day 2...maybe even day 1 if he kills the combine... which he probably will, and he's nowhere to be found on those boards. If I want to I can take them in round 6-7 when I simulate a draft using those boards.

With that said, here's my non-simulated, just slightly cheating mock draft:

Round 1. Connor Williams, OT, Texas - I think he's the best OT in the draft and I would take him with any pick we have in the draft. His injury is not a serious concern for me. Latest news is he might return to play at the end of the year,

Round 2. Hercules Mata'afa, DT/DE/OLB/EDGE, Washington State - He's my absolute favorite prospect so far. Absolutely unblockable on the interior and he's just 250lbs. It's unreal how he manhandles centers and guards at this weight. I think NFL teams will want to use him in a more natural DE/OLB/EDGE position and I think he will be great at it. So yeah... I'm drafting Mata'afa as our future pass-rusher sack artist. Just watch what he does to O-linemen:

Round 3. Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia - very quick and versatile ILB. Can play all phases - rushes on blitzes, plays the run well, and is very mobile and quick when dropping in coverage. Has good instincts and nose for the ball. He's not a big LB, think something in the vein of Deion Jones.

Round 4. Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC - extremely versatile linebacker who is currently kind of blowing up with production and disruption of opponents across the board(TFLs, sacks, PDs, INT). Might not be there by draft time.

Round 5. Kalen Ballage,RB, Arizona State - Huge, strong and fast back who can be complement to Marlon Mack. He also catches the ball well...

Round 6 N/A

Round 7 N/A

• Like 2

On 8/10/2017 at 12:29 PM, Defjamz26 said:

In reality though, it's never too early. Especially since a couple of analysts have mocks out. Here's mine. I'll guess and say the Colts pick at 17

Round 1: Cameron Smith, ILB USC- An athletic LB who excels in coverage and can come in and immediately start at Will.

Round 2: Jordan Thomas, CB Oklahoma- A tall press corner who takes the ball away. Exactly what Ballard looks for. Should start opposite Quincy Wilson

Round 3: Akrum Wadley, RB Iowa- An underrated RB who looks like Lesean McCoy on tape. I think he's the franchise back of the future unless Mack has a breakout year.

Round 4: Marcus Allen, S Penn State- With Geathers' career in jeopardy this is a necessary move if he doesn't play at least 10-12 games this season.

Alternate

Round 1: Iman Marshall, CB USC- Arguably the best CB in the draft. His projection is anywhere from round 1-2. Another long CB who feasted on Josh Rosen last season. Immediate starter and possible #1 CB

Round 2- Dorance Armstrong, OLB Kansas- A sleeper who is starting to get notoriety. He's 6-4 so he has the same height as Basham

Round 3-Vita Vea, NT Washington- I know we have a bunch of young D-Lineman, but none like Vea. He's a run stuffing NT who can also rush the passer. Quicker than he looks. Closest thing to Dontari Poe out there.

Round 4: Azeem Victor, ILB Washington- Falls due to injury but the guy can play. Was at least a 2nd-3rd round pick last year until he broke his leg.

I like Wadley, I'm an Iowa fan but to me if you are getting him you are getting the same type of back that Mack is except with maybe a little more strength.  I think if we're going to get an RB in the draft we want to get a power back to pair with him.  

I see him as maybe a poor man's McCoy at best.  Better defenses in the B10 made him disappear entirely.  Was very productive last year but that was behind the Joe Moore award winning OL Iowa had last year.  (New award given collectively to the best college OL for the season.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

It is early so I won't be to critical on his mock or anyone's in that matter, but I flat out guarantee a team takes Connor or an OT in the top 4-7 picks.  He has Williams going 11, but also has all the QB's going early which is highly likely.  If we pick anywhere in the top 15 (highly likely) we will get some talent for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Landry is a weird prospect. He's very solid, but I'm not sure he is worth a pick this high. He played well vs Virginia Tech, it was probably his best game this year... He has bend, he has athleticism... but there's something I'm missing with him. I don't think he has very advanced pass-rush moves. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him... just... I don't know... I'm lukewarm towards him right now. Right now I think I have Mata'afa and Chubb ahead of him on my personal EDGE board.

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Landry is a weird prospect. He's very solid, but I'm not sure he is worth a pick this high. He played well vs Virginia Tech, it was probably his best game this year... He has bend, he has athleticism... but there's something I'm missing with him. I don't think he has very advanced pass-rush moves. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him... just... I don't know... I'm lukewarm towards him right now. Right now I think I have Mata'afa and Chubb ahead of him on my personal EDGE board.

Landry's stock will hinge a fair amount on his testing numbers IMO. If he tests out well - he's a top 10 prospect. If he doesn't test well he might have some trouble even being a first rounder. 

9 hours ago, stitches said:

People said the same thing about Leonard Floyd. His knock was he didn't have the elite production numbers in college. He's having a hell of a year now.