Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sounds like Hopkins isn't on the Watson train.

RockThatBlue

Interesting comments.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0685177660724221059-4

Spoke with Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins about the team's QB situation. He likes Tom Savage a lot: "If anybody should be a judge of quarterbacks, I've played with the most quarterbacks in NFL history throughout my first four years. So I put the stamp on Savage, and I think that's all that needs to be said about that."

It's not hillarious to me.  I've been one of the few on here who has maintained Savage has a good skill set and can play the position.   Won't shock me to see him play well.   Guy just hasn't had much time under the saddlle.   I trust my eyes.

14 hours ago, SP_21 said:

Hopkins needs to focus on himself. He disappears all the time even though he's considered an "elite" talent by the majority of people. 

That's a question you don't answer.....

Next thing you know..the coaches make another choice and you're out there in the huddle with the guy you said is second best in your mind.

Never pass up a good chance to shut up

Edited by oldunclemark

From the media here it appears Savage has been doing very well. But there is no evidence what the season will bring as Watson is also impressing. All teams should fine players that run their jaws about other players. I don't recall any contact clauses for talking bonuses. Thy play this week on the 9th I believe so we can get a view.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Never pass up a good chance to shut up

Lol. I like that a lot! Never pass up a good chance to shut up. Sounds like good advice for a lot of people these days. Hope you don't mind if I use that quote some time.

Yeah, Hopkins should not have said what he said.

17 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Probably best to just keep quiet in that situation. 

Hopkins is an amazing talent, though. If he were a Packer, Saint, Falcon, Patriot, or Colt, he'd probably be tops in the league, imo. 

Oh no doubt. If Hopkins had an elite QB he would be near the tops of the league in every stat. 

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I like that a lot! Never pass up a good chance to shut up. Sounds like good advice for a lot of people these days. Hope you don't mind if I use that quote some time.

Yeah, Hopkins should not have said what he said.

Agreed. That's one of those times where its best just to say nothing. Or just give a really PC answer like "I like all my QBs and have faith in whoever the starter will be"

Houston has a history of ruining quarterbacks...Matt Schaub, Hoyer, Brock...I hope they don't ruin this kid. His performance vs Bama was enough to sell me on him. I wanted him to go to a better team though that could develop him better, since I have no faith in O'Brien whatsoever after how he's ruined QB's. 

If the coaches put them about even why is Hopkins already saying he wants Savage.

I propose another theory.  Hopkins through his own eyes might see the better QB as the one who focuses mostly on him instead of spreading the ball around.

Say Savage drops back and immediately looks to Hopkins and when in doubt always throws to Hopkins.  Sort of like Luck was in his first year with Reggie Wayne.  

If Watson is a guy who spreads the ball around a little bit more, Hopkins might not see him as being as good as Savage.  

And I don't mean that Hopkins is necessarily intentionally doing that.  But he's likely going to base his biases on how often the ball comes to him. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

If the coaches put them about even why is Hopkins already saying he wants Savage.

I propose another theory.  Hopkins through his own eyes might see the better QB as the one who focuses mostly on him instead of spreading the ball around.

Say Savage drops back and immediately looks to Hopkins and when in doubt always throws to Hopkins.  Sort of like Luck was in his first year with Reggie Wayne.  

If Watson is a guy who spreads the ball around a little bit more, Hopkins might not see him as being as good as Savage.  

And I don't mean that Hopkins is necessarily intentionally doing that.  But he's likely going to base his biases on how often the ball comes to him. 

Coaches say lots of things.  It doesn't make them true

On 8/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I kinda feel bad for him.. He's got talent. but the Texans just can't put an offense with that defense. But then again 2008-2011 they couldn't find a Defense to go with the offence haha.. bbbaaaddd luck Texans

He's experiencing Andre Johnson's career.