Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding best player today:

It's still LeBron but Durant is definitely 2nd now and he's younger. People want to say Durant just rode the Warriors coattails which is total nonsense because the guy was the best player on the floor in the series and won MVP. He wasn't just there clinging to get a Ring.

Yep I think GS needed Kevin more than Durant needed GS. They had no answer for Lebron...and now they do. Let's be honest all players healthy Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Tristen, and JR is better than Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes, and Iggy..but substitute KD for Barnes and now you have a superior team. KD made that team better and actually a better closer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

2018 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Whats sad is that it probably will be. Don't see the east finally having a team that can beat Cleveland, though maybe the Spurs will have a shot at GS, I don't really see any big challengers for the Warriors. Things could change though.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Whats sad is that it probably will be. Don't see the east finally having a team that can beat Cleveland, though maybe the Spurs will have a shot at GS, I don't really see any big challengers for the Warriors. Things could change though.

I think an injury one one side or the other let's someone else get in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

That definitely could play a factor.

I think the Cavs could withstand more outside Lebron cause of how weak the East is but GS we saw how vulnerable they were two years ago when Curry was hurt a bit...and KD isn't devoid of injuries himself.

• Like 1

I'm glad the Warriors won and not the Cavs. I'm especially happy for David West. I don't care if he left Indiana to go "chase" a ring. I'm sure the feeling of winning an NBA championship is far better than not winning one. 

I still think about the teams the Pacers had in 2013 and 2014. They gave Miami all sorts of trouble with their size. Had Roy maintained his all-star play and more of those key players being closer in age I think there would be teams built with size to match up with the Pacers. I know Bird has pushed hard for smaller players/more scoring but I think that the best way to beat the Warriors or Cavs is to build a defensive minded/physical team like the Pacers had a few years ago.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm glad the Warriors won and not the Cavs. I'm especially happy for David West. I don't care if he left Indiana to go "chase" a ring. I'm sure the feeling of winning an NBA championship is far better than not winning one. 

I still think about the teams the Pacers hadi n 2013 and 2014. They gave Miami all sorts of trouble with their size. Had Roy maintained his all-star play and more of those key players being closer in age I think there would be team built with size to match up with hte Pacers. I know Bird has pushed hard for smaller players/more scoring but I think that the best way to beat the Warriors or Cavs is to build a defensive minded/physical team like the Pacers had a few years ago.

It certainly can't hurt...your not going to match them shot for shot that's for sure. Having a dominant low post game I think could help. Make them double and kick out or get them in foul trouble. Force Steph to play defense and get him and KD in foul trouble. When you play one dimensional players at the two then Steph stands in the corner guarding the guy while Klay does all the work. Force him to play on the ball or post him up like Mark Jackson used to...that would help. KD is just unstoppable. There are only one or two players that can guard him and SA window is shrinking around Leonard. Fact is your not going to out skill them. They miss guys like Deladova and Mozgof and the athleticism Waiters brought. I agree getting physical is the way to go and I liked Shumpert on Curry I think he bothered him. Less Korvers and more dogs...question is can a team like that get to the finals...it's all about matchups but sometimes the very team built to beat another can't get there. I actually think Boston has a better chance to beat GS than Cavs as currently constructed.

21 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I still think about the teams the Pacers hadi n 2013 and 2014. They gave Miami all sorts of trouble with their size. Had Roy maintained his all-star play and more of those key players being closer in age I think there would be team built with size to match up with hte Pacers. I know Bird has pushed hard for smaller players/more scoring but I think that the best way to beat the Warriors or Cavs is to build a defensive minded/physical team like the Pacers had a few years ago.

I agree about David too...he gave them good minutes. Played great in the post against Love and Thompson too. Several times he settled them down and slowed runs with that jumper or a post mismatch. He played a bigger role than Magee who everyone was screaming would be that difference maker...and at times was their best big man when Pachula was constantly getting offensive fouls.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Actually players did go to great teams back then. Moses Malone forced his way to Philly? Boston didn't trade for DJ and Walton? Lakers trade for Thompson. Pistons acquire Aguirre that helped mold and cement that team. Barkley forced trade to Phoenix. Great players moved around or were acquired in trades by top teams to one up and put them over the top. Nothing like the easy movement and ganging up with friends like KD or Lebron but it happened.

Yeah but almost always it was trades where players left. When the Pistons got Aguirre, they had to give up Adrian Dantley to do so. Lakers did get Thompson in a trade, so Thompson just didn't leave the team he was on.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Any deal that sends PG to the Cavs is not a good deal. Even though I would mostly like who we get in return, but strengthening the Cavs is just a bad idea. 

With the way the league is right now, no one is going to compete with the Cavs or Warriors for a few years anyway.  Under this scenario, George gets the opportunity to win a championship while the Pacers buy some time to let arguably the best player in NBA history get older and slow down and the best team in NBA history grow older and maybe lose some pieces.

40 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't see the Spurs beating them, even with Chris Paul.  The Warriors simply have too much firepower for anyone to keep up.  You'd need the NBA's first team all defense to slow them down.  I'm convinced that the only player who can cover Durant right now is Anthony Davis because of his length.  If you have a team of Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis, that could compete with the Warriors.  Otherwise, there is no team in the NBA with the firepower to keep up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Watch out for Boston if Hayward goes there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watch out for Boston if Hayward goes there.

Issue I see in Boston is they can't hide Thomas on defense. I also don't think Gordon matches up well on Lebron. While Crowder and Bradley are great on defense and can switch off they still can't matchup with Lebron. I think they match up better with GS then Cleveland and I don't see then getting past Lebron even with Hayward.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Issue I see in Boston is they can't hide Thomas on defense. I also don't think Gordon matches up well on Lebron. While Crowder and Bradley are great on defense and can switch off they still can't matchup with Lebron. I think they match up better with GS then Cleveland and I don't see then getting past Lebron even with Hayward.

Yeah but they also will have Fultz too assuming they Draft him. So they would be adding a potentially great rookie with my Hayward hypothetical.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching the 30 for 30 Lakers/Celtics. Back in 1980 when Kareem got injured in the Finals, Magic got on the plane ride to Philly and told his team "have no fear the Magic Man is here"! 42-15-7 against Doctor J, Dawkins, Cheeks and crew lmao to end the series.

man.. how long did he play? way before my time

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

man.. how long did he play? way before my time

1980-1991, 12 seasons. It's just fun watching him play, he was so energetic and he just loved playing, made the game fun to watch. The way the Lakers ran that fastbreak was amazing. They gave away the 1984 Finals against Boston, that was the one series Magic blundered in crunch time. He got them back in 1985 though and 87 was his famous last second hook against them.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but they also will have Fultz too assuming they Draft him. So they would be adding a potentially great rookie with my Hayward hypothetical.

How long until he can contribute in a meaningful way? That team has so many young players who do you give less time? Sit Smart, Brown, Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, just to play Fultz and Gordon. You bring in Gordon and you hinder your top 5 pick in Browns growth...you draft another pg/sg combo then you hinder Smart and you got your best players sitting or your sitting your draft pick. Point is they have a glut of young talented players and they need to move some people even if it isn't for PG. I like Thomas and Gordon and Hortford but they are all #2 and #3 talents...none are the alpha guy imo. All stars but not super stars.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

How long until he can contribute in a meaningful way? That team has so many young players who do you give less time? Sit Smart, Brown, Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, just to play Fultz and Gordon. You bring in Gordon and you hinder your top 5 pick in Browns growth...you draft another pg/sg combo then you hinder Smart and you got your best players sitting or your sitting your draft pick. Point is they have a glut of young talented players and they need to move some people even if it isn't for PG. I like Thomas and Gordon and Hortford but they are all #2 and #3 talents...none are the alpha guy imo. All stars but not super stars.

They would have a lot of depth regardless. They may Draft Jackson?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They would have a lot of depth regardless. They may Draft Jackson?

I think they draft Fultz and try to sign Hayward...that said they I also think they try to trade Thomas at some point. I don't think a 5'9 pg that is a defensive liability and has to have hip surgery is a long term solution if you have a potential Smart/Fultz backcourt. I also think they try to move Brown too if Hayward comes. They will try to invest in a 4-5 help for Hortford inside. All still said they need that alpha. Gordon isn't it. He is the quintessential Robin to someone's batman.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1980-1991, 12 seasons. It's just fun watching him play, he was so energetic and he just loved playing, made the game fun to watch. The way the Lakers ran that fastbreak was amazing. They gave away the 1984 Finals against Boston, that was the one series Magic blundered in crunch time. He got them back in 1985 though and 87 was his famous last second hook against them.

man that feels like such a short period. I've seen highlights of the mini sky hook.. how tf do you even shoot that? And why don't we still see that now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

man that feels like such a short period. I've seen highlights of the mini sky hook.. how tf do you even shoot that? And why don't we still see that now?

I am not sure why more players don't use the hook, that was Kareem's unstoppable shot. Magic adopted that shot over time. His hook in 87 to beat Boston was clutch. He made up for screwing up in 1984. In 84 the Lakers had the better team but just blundered in crunch time. Magic had some Turnovers and missed FT's, Worthy blew Game 2 as well.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't see Boston helping Cleveland get better. If it was moving Paul out to LA maybe....but no way would they when they have a great team right now make it impossible to get past Cleveland. Besides Hortford and Love play same position/style. A couple scenerios....

Remember these are crazy ones*****

1a Cleveland trades Shumpert, Love

Chicago trades Rondo, Butler

1b New York trades Carmelo

Cleveland trades Love

2 LAC trade Chris Paul (sign and trade)

Cleveland Kyrie Irving

(This would allow Lebron to play in the post and handle ball less and slow pace down and you get a clutch performer in Paul)

3 LA trades Randle, Ingram, Clarkson , 28 pick to Indy

Cleveland trades Shumpert, Love to LA

Indy trades PG to Cleveland

*LA understanding that PG and Lebron sign in 18. (don't tell me nba doesn't have under table deals) giving them a Ball, Russell, PG, Lebron, Love super team.

4 New York trades Melo

Cleveland trades Love 

Wade opts out of deal in Chicago....Bosh gets medical waived and they both join Lebron on low level trade exception deals created by moving Korver and Shumpert to team like Brooklyn who is below the cap and can take on salary with nothing sent back or minor players in deal.

*Cleveland then have Kyrie, Wade, Lebron, Carmelo, Thompson with JR/Bosh coming off bench...a truly ancient team that would break down I believe in the playoffs. You did say crazy right...I could do this all day lol!!!

Fact is all are kinda crazy and none would guarantee they over take GS.....honestly they may stand pat and try to make a trade at the trade deadline when players are cheaper and they wouldn't have to give up so much...I think that is the likeliest option.

To the bolded..

1) I think Love and Harford could easily play on the floor together. Stevens like big guys who can shoot, however I don't think he would want Love posted around the 3pt line like Cleveland had him doing. Love at the 4 and Horford at the 5 would work fine in my opinion. He needs to be down on the block more and getting back to dominating the post game like he did in Minnesota. Him and Heyword would be a heckuva tandem for Boston. 

Thomas-Smart-Heyword-Love-Horford

That would give Boston a heckuva starting 5. I don't know Boston's cap situation but I don't think that would be too hard to pull off. 

2) To the second bolded part, I FIRMLY believe they (NBA)- behind closed doors - told Durant Boston was off limits in FA last year. The NBA loses A LOT of money/ratings if Lebron isn't in the finals and Durant playing in Boston could have possibly spoiled that this year, however Thomas got hurt, and I don't think Durant could have gotten Boston past Cleveland with just Horford. The NBA takes a huge hit if their poster child isn't in the finals. Just my opinion...

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Let's see if we can swing some sort of crazy trade here...

Indiana receives: Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, 1st overall pick

Boston receives: Kevin Love, 18th overall pick, 29th overall pick

Cleveland receives: Paul George

Or maybe...

Indiana receives: Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, 1st overall pick

Boston receives: Jimmy Butler, Kevin Seraphin

Cleveland receives: Paul George

Chicago receives: Kevin Love, JR Smith, 18th overall pick

I don't see the 4 team trade happening because there are so many moving parts to consider and Chicago doesn't really benefit from it, but perhaps the 3 team trade?

Here's crazy...;

Indiana receives: Kevin Love, and the first overall pick

Boston receives the No. 18 pick, JR Smith  and Myles Turner

..and Cleveland receives Paul George and Avery Bradley

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Any deal that sends PG to the Cavs is not a good deal. Even though I would mostly like who we get in return, but strengthening the Cavs is just a bad idea. 

Actually, I think that applies to Boston, too.

I don't trade Paul to either Cleveland or Boston.....

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

With the way the league is right now, no one is going to compete with the Cavs or Warriors for a few years anyway.  Under this scenario, George gets the opportunity to win a championship while the Pacers buy some time to let arguably the best player in NBA history get older and slow down and the best team in NBA history grow older and maybe lose some pieces.

I don't think Cleveland is going to dominate the East much longer\

They did not dominate the regular season in the east this year..

That's why I think a half dozen teams have a chance with upgrades, to finish ahead of them (Obviously Boston already did)

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Luck is Good said:

The coach plays a major part in the team winning or losing. That's just a fact. Looking at it objectively would be to say the Pacers need a new coach. It's like IU basketball was with Tom Crean. They won't be a threat as long as the same guy is there. I wanted him gone after the Syracuse debacle four years ago

I think fans just blindly blame the coach no matter who he is.

Its hardly objective...its the default opposition....Its the easy way out...

We didnt have the offensive players to compete with the top East teams

Monta, CJ Miles...Stuckey....Myles Turner..

I just hoped for more from them.

I don't know what their record would have been with Frank Vogel..what wasit in 2016?

Sports can be very joyous and it can be very heartbreaking, if you are a diehard sports fan. When teams/players win it all that you are rooting for it is the most joyous thing, when teams/players don't it is horrible. Bottomline is all that matters in the end is who wins the Championship, sad but true. Hardly nobody could gives a crap about who finishes 2nd or wins League MVP, etc.. If you don't win that Ring it don't mean a thing in most peoples eyes. Hardly nobody cares today that the Cavs had a great season and went to the Finals, they only care who won it all. Hardly nobody cares about the Cleveland Indians last season eventhough they took Chicago 7 and was up 3-1, you know why - they lost. Most people only care who won it all. People are only truly happy when their favorite teams/players win it all, just speaking truth here. Do you think anyone will remember the 2016Falcons 5 years from now if they never make it back to the SB? Hell no they wont, they will be an after thought and they had a 28-3 lead against Tommy. Colts made it to the AFC Title Game in 2014 and most people could care less and poo poo it because we got spanked by the Pats. You are either #1 or it doesn't matter in simple reality. Had the Cubs lost last season in Game 7 that would've been very crushing to me and I wouldn't of had no moral victory out of that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

To the bolded..

1) I think Love and Harford could easily play on the floor together. Stevens like big guys who can shoot, however I don't think he would want Love posted around the 3pt line like Cleveland had him doing. Love at the 4 and Horford at the 5 would work fine in my opinion. He needs to be down on the block more and getting back to dominating the post game like he did in Minnesota. Him and Heyword would be a heckuva tandem for Boston. 

Thomas-Smart-Heyword-Love-Horford

That would give Boston a heckuva starting 5. I don't know Boston's cap situation but I don't think that would be too hard to pull off. 

2) To the second bolded part, I FIRMLY believe they (NBA)- behind closed doors - told Durant Boston was off limits in FA last year. The NBA loses A LOT of money/ratings if Lebron isn't in the finals and Durant playing in Boston could have possibly spoiled that this year, however Thomas got hurt, and I don't think Durant could have gotten Boston past Cleveland with just Horford. The NBA takes a huge hit if their poster child isn't in the finals. Just my opinion...

The bottom line is whoever pays the NBA the most money has a chance at winning a championship. Till there is a hard cap the owners who pays the so called fine for going over the cap, things will always be the same.

Once in a blue moon a team that stays at the cap or below makes some noise but in the end the team that is over the cap wins because the NBA sees to it by adjusting how games are officiated.

There will be no parody in the NBA as long as there is no hard cap.

Pacer fans have always known the Simon family will never go out of pocket so there will be very few opportunities for the Pacers to even have a chance.

The way the playoffs are set up in the NBA it is just a money making adventure for the NBA. Over half of the teams in the NBA make it to the playoffs. There are teams that don't even come close to deserving a chance to go to the playoffs. Some with losing records go to the playoffs. All because of the money making tactics of the NBA.

43 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The bottom line is whoever pays the NBA the most money has a chance at winning a championship. Till there is a hard cap the owners who pays the so called fine for going over the cap, things will always be the same.

Once in a blue moon a team that stays at the cap or below makes some noise but in the end the team that is over the cap wins because the NBA sees to it by adjusting how games are officiated.

There will be no parody in the NBA as long as there is no hard cap.

Pacer fans have always known the Simon family will never go out of pocket so there will be very few opportunities for the Pacers to even have a chance.

The way the playoffs are set up in the NBA it is just a money making adventure for the NBA. Over half of the teams in the NBA make it to the playoffs. There are teams that don't even come close to deserving a chance to go to the playoffs. Some with losing records go to the playoffs. All because of the money making tactics of the NBA.

I think in the end justice was served regarding who won the Championship. I mean the Cavs set a record for going over the Cap = 34,000,000 over. They have the best player in the league in LeBron and LeBron and his management basically brought in the players they wanted by going way over the Cap to do so. Warriors are only 7,000,000 over the Cap and they drafted Curry, Thompson, and Green. Lesson learned here, money cant always buy a Championship. I feel for the people that just bandwagon'd on the LeBron train and worship this guy because he is the best player, because he just got thrashed by the Warriors. Then again I don't because nobody outside of Ohio cared about the Cavs until LeBron came back. Pretty sad.

-By the way I am not even a Warriors fan at all, I just wanted them to win because they were playing a team that is 34,000,000 over the Cap and a player that some think is the GOAT. I am a Durant fan though and have been for years when he was in OKC, when he was known as a choker and had 0 Championships. So I am happy for him and David West, West is one of my favorite Pacers players of all-time. I would love to see 2 new teams in it next season if I had my choice.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

Tristen signed a 5 yr contract for 82 million dollars!!!! Nobody is going to want that contract. Horrible contract!! Good buddy Lebron got him that deal. JR Smith signed a 4 yr 57 million dollar contract....horrible contract for a one dimensional player that shows up 1 game a series. Shumpert has 21 million dollar still owed him for doing nothing for them. Frye isn't giving them much and is owed 7 million next year. The rest is chump change and free agents outside your big 3 who are all over 20 million a piece. Those horrible deals aren't tradeable...so you have to move Love or Kyrie...and Love makes the most sense with what he gives them and his injury history. I'm saying they make minor moves this year then Lebron bolts for LA after next year.

Like you said, the Cavaliers will be in a world of hurt because they tried to appease Lebron and doled out bad contracts while the Warriors made starter moves that would benefit them but have been extremely judicious in getting players for their bench, which has led to their quality depth, IMO. Having Lebron dictate GM moves is going to cost them in the next few years.

I am certain Lebron will realize it soon and he might have to unfortunately play captain this time, going down with the sinking ship for which he was a big part of. His image took a hit the first time he left the Cavaliers, he cannot chance that again. Even if he loses in the NBA finals, the fact that he got to enough of them and won enough of them cements his Top 10 HOF career. He has more to lose if he bolts again than to gain. He is still looked at as the only guy who brought Cleveland a championship, that is one for the history books, he will remain a hero where he is, IMO. Plus, that is where home is and his wife is mighty glad their family is back close to home, that matters during the home stretch of his career.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cleveland screwed up bigtime when they traded Andrew Wiggins. I know they got Love by doing so but even while that happened I was telling people that is a huge blunder. Love is a Star but Wiggins is young and becoming a Star in his own right.

Not according to the GM(LeBron), Love was the better option lol.  I agree with you.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sports can be very joyous and it can be very heartbreaking, if you are a diehard sports fan. When teams/players win it all that you are rooting for it is the most joyous thing, when teams/players don't it is horrible. Bottomline is all that matters in the end is who wins the Championship, sad but true. Hardly nobody could gives a crap about who finishes 2nd or wins League MVP, etc.. If you don't win that Ring it don't mean a thing in most peoples eyes. Hardly nobody cares today that the Cavs had a great season and went to the Finals, they only care who won it all. Hardly nobody cares about the Cleveland Indians last season eventhough they took Chicago 7 and was up 3-1, you know why - they lost. Most people only care who won it all. People are only truly happy when their favorite teams/players win it all, just speaking truth here. Do you think anyone will remember the 2016Falcons 5 years from now if they never make it back to the SB? Hell no they wont, they will be an after thought and they had a 28-3 lead against Tommy. Colts made it to the AFC Title Game in 2014 and most people could care less and poo poo it because we got spanked by the Pats. You are either #1 or it doesn't matter in simple reality. Had the Cubs lost last season in Game 7 that would've been very crushing to me and I wouldn't of had no moral victory out of that!

dcivk.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Here's crazy...;

Indiana receives: Kevin Love, and the first overall pick

Boston receives the No. 18 pick, JR Smith  and Myles Turner

..and Cleveland receives Paul George and Avery Bradley

I would absolutely not want that to happen.  I'd rather keep Turner than give him up and get Love in return. 

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Cleveland is going to dominate the East much longer\

They did not dominate the regular season in the east this year..

That's why I think a half dozen teams have a chance with upgrades, to finish ahead of them (Obviously Boston already did)

They didn't dominate the regular season, but they did dominate every team they played in the Eastern playoffs.  Maybe they rest James a bit more during the regular season, but I think they still have a stranglehold on the playoffs.  And in the highly unlikely event that an Eastern team does beat the Cavs 4 times in the playoffs, do they have enough firepower to keep up with the Warriors?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I would absolutely not want that to happen.  I'd rather keep Turner than give him up and get Love in return. 

They didn't dominate the regular season, but they did dominate every team they played in the Eastern playoffs.  Maybe they rest James a bit more during the regular season, but I think they still have a stranglehold on the playoffs.  And in the highly unlikely event that an Eastern team does beat the Cavs 4 times in the playoffs, do they have enough firepower to keep up with the Warriors?

Cavs do indeed have a stranglehold on the East. If they're good enough in the regular season, that's all that really matters for them. They could be the 8 seed for all I care and still reach the Finals. But giving the Cavs PG would just be unforgivable IMO

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

dcivk.jpg

Isn't that the truth. Man even 2nd sucks in reality. It shouldn't, if I was on a team that finished 2nd or even made the Conference Championship I would be proud of the accomplishment. Yeah I would be pee'd we lost but look back on the season in a month or 2 after it was over and say we were a top 3 or 4 team in a league of 30+ teams and smile a bit. Really though nobody is going to be 100% happy unless they win it all and have the bragging rights.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Isn't that the truth. Man even 2nd sucks in reality. It shouldn't, if I was on a team that finished 2nd or even made the Conference Championship I would be proud of the accomplishment. Yeah I would be pee'd we lost but look back on the season in a month or 2 after it was over and say we were a top 3 or 4 team in a league of 30+ teams and smile a bit. Really though nobody is going to be 100% happy unless they win it all and have the bragging rights.

I totally agree!  I am really curious how this off season pans out.  I am curious about the draft and where Ball goes, who the Bulls get etc.  I am curious if the Bulls make any (dumb) trades.  I am curious if Paul George will get traded, I am curious where Melo is going to end up, I am curious if CP3 stays(because if he doesn't I think Blake will leave).  I am curious what the Cavs will do in general and the Celtics with the #1 pick.  A lot of good story lines, some of those will be answered in a week on draft night.  Can football just get here?  I don't watch baseball, much golf, boxing or UFC so I have nothing to watch, I suppose that's ok though because it's summer time and there are other things to do but I am ready for Colts football.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Cavs do indeed have a stranglehold on the East. If they're good enough in the regular season, that's all that really matters for them. They could be the 8 seed for all I care and still reach the Finals. But giving the Cavs PG would just be unforgivable IMO

I get that.  To me, it's just stepping aside for now.  We're in an era with arguably the best/most talented team ever in the Warriors and the best player ever in LeBron.  It's a very difficult time for other teams in the league to compete.  Let those guys and teams get older while we stock up prospects.  Once they start to slow down, we'll be primed to take over as one of the league's elite teams