Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Rumors that he might just get waived all together and then he could pick his destination. If that's the case Cavs and Clippers are likely landing spots.

Yeah it has Cavs written all over it, who wouldn't want to play with LeBron. Clippers have a lot of talent but their chemistry is a mess. They have so much talent since 2012 and cant even make a Final 4. I think they have ran their course with CP3/Blake/Jordan. JJ is a Free Agent too and is their best 3 point shooter.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I still think a close series...at least you have hope and motivation for next year. You get swept if all things remain the same you don't have much reason for optimism that next year will be any better.

I know but that is still bad lmao. I see what you are saying though but if I was that close to a Championship and lost, man that would kill me inside. When Cubs/Indians went to extra Innings in Game 7 last season I was so sick I couldn't eat. I kept thinking, if my Cubs lose this it would be horrible!

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Since Reggie has been retired. Reggie is still our best player in franchise history IMO.

Yup. Reggie was our last great SG. We had Peja Stojockovich (think that's how its spelled) for about a year and he was solid, other than that not much.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but that is still bad lmao. I see what you are saying though but if I was that close to a Championship and lost, man that would kill me inside. When Cubs/Indians went to extra Innings in Game 7 last season I was so sick I couldn't eat. I kept thinking, if my Cubs lose this it would be horrible!

I get that. As a fan that might be less hurtful. As a player confidence is huge. Knowing you can compete and have a shot means a lot when u go up against even a superior team. Having success gives you motivation....and the drive of something so close can help you to put that extra effort and time in to get to the top. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who would win:

2013 version

PG Hill

SG Lance

SF PG - (took LeBron 7)

PF West

C Hibbert

1998 version

PG Jackson

SG Miller - (still in his prime took Jordan 7 games barely losing)

SF McKey

PF D. Davis

C Smits

-What's funny is Smits was taller than Hibbert and could shoot the 10 footer.

Smiths vs Hibbert would be interesting to watch lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Have a feeling Melo ends up with the Cavs.

Me too and I am a big Melo guy, I couldn't root for him if he went there lol.  If they get Melo they'd have to get rid of Love.  I did read if the Knicks can't trade Melo that they'd release him but even if he got released and just signed for the minimum with the Cavs, Kevin Love is gone.  Melo would play the 3 or the 4 and LeBron would play the other spot so Love would be the odd man out.  I don't think adding Melo and losing Love makes enough of a difference to beat GS.  Yes they will get more offensively which they need but not enough. 

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Obviously 18 is the offseason everyone is looking forward to. Lebron, PG, Wade, Cousins, I. Thomas and some other young guys but this year is critical for our Pacers obviously. You have to do something to make the team significantly better or PG will walk.

So what will the Bulls do? Butler has been upset for awhile. Mirotic is a FA....does he come back or do the cheap ownership let him go? The reason I thought about the Love and Shumpert for Butler/Rondo is because they could then let Mirotic walk if Love replaces him and allow them to have money going into 18 to go after some big names. Obviously u don't let Butler go if you can keep him happy but that might be hard to do since his name has been floated in every trade rumor the past couple years it seems. Wonder what you think? 

Yes 2018 is going to be interesting, but it's going to be interesting to see if any of these teams trade any of these players instead of possibly just losing them and getting nothing in return.  Butler had an exit meeting with the Bulls and said he is very happy with the direction that the organization wants to go.  He also said he'd like the Bulls to go after Melo via trade, I doubt that happens though.  Wade said the same thing.  The Bulls front office already said they'd bring everyone back from the core(Rondo, Butler, Wade).  The front office may be getting fired though(which I hope they do).  If they traded Butler it would be to the Celtics or Lakers for top picks this year and/or next year and players.  I don't think they'll trade him unless they get a monster offer(Getting K Love and JR or K Love and Shump wouldn't be worth it for them right now).  I think they'll let Mirotic walk as well as a few other free agents and try to sign some better bench players.  I think they'll try to go after CP3 or Blake Griffin but they won't succeed.  I think they'll have a similar team to last year unless they get a monster trade offer for Butler and if they do they'll rebuild and blow the team up. I'd like for them to give it one more year with Rondo Wade and Butler just to see what happens, they showed some good signs vs Boston until Rondo got injured.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how to Post Twitter Posts but I have been reading Paul George has no desire to leave Indiana, he loves it here and wants to be like Reggie. He plans to play out his contract, not Ring chase. I have been reading this all morning on different sites

What I heard was he likes it and wants to stay but Pritchard better improve the team. Translation get better or I'm leaving after my contract ends. 

Id still trade him we won't be able to improve the team enough to convince him to stay IMO. Like I think DG said you look to see how your chances are at landing big names if it looks unlikely we will get anyone you ship him off before it screws the team.

41 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What I heard was he likes it and wants to stay but Pritchard better improve the team. Translation get better or I'm leaving after my contract ends. 

Id still trade him we won't be able to improve the team enough to convince him to stay IMO. Like I think DG said you look to see how your chances are at landing big names if it looks unlikely we will get anyone you ship him off before it screws the team.

Hayward is coming? Maybe, I am not sure but he is from here in Indy. We will see.

Sources say the Celtics and 76ers are talking a #1 for #3 pick swap with either additional players or draft picks.  I really thought the Celtics would trade the #1 pick because I didn't think they'd draft another point guard having I.T.  Things could get interesting.  They could get more picks or more players and take Josh Jackson at 3 which would fit a wing need for them.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19656331/boston-celtics-philaelphia-76ers-talking-trade-no-1

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Sources say the Celtics and 76ers are talking a #1 for #3 pick swap with either additional players or draft picks.  I really thought the Celtics would trade the #1 pick because I didn't think they'd draft another point guard having I.T.  Things could get interesting.  They could get more picks or more players and take Josh Jackson at 3 which would fit a wing need for them.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19656331/boston-celtics-philaelphia-76ers-talking-trade-no-1

Apparently, the Lakers are fielding calls for the #2 pick (take that, Lavar....).  I also read that the Celtics are considering Josh Jackson at #1

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who said Hayward is coming?

Nobody, but he has ties to Indy. There were rumors a couple of weeks ago that his family was pressuring him to come home to Indy.

Not sure why Celtics make that trade. They should take Fultz and call it a day. Jackson can't shoot.

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Nobody, but he has ties to Indy. There were rumors a couple of weeks ago that his family was pressuring him to come home to Indy.

Not sure why Celtics make that trade. They should take Fultz and call it a day. Jackson can't shoot.

He isn't gonna pick us over Boston and his college coach who happens to be one of the best coaches in the NBA. Plus the chances of PG leaving are too high to attract big time free agents it's time to build for the future after LeBron we need to start developing a young core to compete later on 

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Apparently, the Lakers are fielding calls for the #2 pick (take that, Lavar....).  I also read that the Celtics are considering Josh Jackson at #1

I want Fultz but if we were to trade PG to LA then Boston trades with Philly I bet Philly takes Fultz so we still wouldn't get him 

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He isn't gonna pick us over Boston and his college coach who happens to be one of the best coaches in the NBA. Plus the chances of PG leaving are too high to attract big time free agents it's time to build for the future after LeBron we need to start developing a young core to compete later on 

We're clearly not thinking that way...If GH wants to come home..like LeBron did..

...Boston isn't his home...

I would be disappointed if we are not making every connection behind the scene to try to open his eyes to Indianapolis..

...what do we have to lose...

With all that said..Gordon Hayward, as of yet, as far as I know, has NOT opted out of his contract with Utah

3 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Celtics, I'm guessing, have decided they don't want Fultz...so they don't need the No.1 overall pick.

The Lakers will take Ball No,,2 (I'm not sure who else really wants him and his psycho Dad)

So, for Boston,. No, 3 is as good as No,1..and they pick up another No,.1 next season.

Very good deal for the Celtics..

This also means there will be no trade of Paul George before next season, which is a good deal for us

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We're clearly not thinking that way...If GH wants to come home..like LeBron did..

...Boston isn't his home...

I would be disappointed if we are not making every connection behind the scene to try to open his eyes to Indianapolis..

...what do we have to lose...

With all that said..Gordon Hayward, as of yet, as far as I know, has NOT opted out of his contract with Utah

Sure try but when you see her not coming home you trade him 

4 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Because if they plan on keeping Isaiah and they already have Smart and Avery Bradley they really don't have room for Fultz to play. Now I've said before I'd move Thomas if I was them and bring in Fultz but if they are keeping Thomas for an immediate title run then there is no playing time for Fultz. Thus they trade 1st for 3rd and get future 1st (likely high 6ers pick) take Jackson to play the 3. That allows them to add a Blake Griffin in FA and they have a couple young guys like Brown and Jackson to play behind Crowder and Griffin....or it gets them more trade ammo for someone like Butler likely. It makes total sense...Danny is running circles around the Atlantic front offices.

dg;

The idea that a 'young core' will lead you to the conference title is always there..its a fantasy..in today's NBA

Like you say, I think the Celtics keep isiah..and looks to deal the draft choices that everybody fantasizes about for real players to beat the Cavs now..

Don't much like Ainge but if he pulls this off....he just stole more trade chips and they go for it next year

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see a lineup of:

PG Teague

SG Hayward

SF George

PF Turner

C - Draft some big dude here with our pick that can hog up the lane lmao 

This is what I've been clamoring for all along. That team could compete in the East

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

why does everyone assume the Bulls have to trade Jimmy Butler?

He's relatively young and has 2 years on his contract?

I am not sure either, it just fits people's frame of thought I guess. Meaning Boston will get him because they want to win now for example. I have news for people the Bulls aren't giving him up for garbage and we aren't giving up PG for garbage either just so other teams can dominate. That makes no sense. I see almost no chance Butler or PG goes to Boston or Cleveland unless they want to trade their #1 pick and 2 or 3 other players with that like Bradley and Smart too.

• Like 1