Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

31 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I get that.  To me, it's just stepping aside for now.  We're in an era with arguably the best/most talented team ever in the Warriors and the best player ever in LeBron.  It's a very difficult time for other teams in the league to compete.  Let those guys and teams get older while we stock up prospects.  Once they start to slow down, we'll be primed to take over as one of the league's elite teams

You know how I feel about LeBron in that type of conversation so I won't go there. I will go to the Warriors point though. It's a very arguable case for them being the most talented/best team ever. I'm not entirely sure on the best team part but definitely on the talent part. That team is unlike anything we've ever seen. I don't think anyone can compete with the Warriors

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

You know how I feel about LeBron in that type of conversation so I won't go there. I will go to the Warriors point though. It's a very arguable case for them being the most talented/best team ever. I'm not entirely sure on the best team part but definitely on the talent part. That team is unlike anything we've ever seen. I don't think anyone can compete with the Warriors

You and me both man.  It's absurd to consider him the GOAT after this last series but I won't get into details either haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You and me both man.  It's absurd to consider him the GOAT after this last series but I won't get into details either haha

I will keep this brief because this is a Pacers Thread but LeBron is far from the GOAT, great player/best today yes but like I have always said it's debatable he's even Top 5 ever. There are many players that have won more Championships and have better Stats if one devalues Championships. Finals MVP is an individual award and proves you are the best player on the  biggest stage and players like Magic, Shaq, and Duncan have just as many as LeBron has (3), Jordan has more (6) - all have less Finals losses as well. To put it back on topic = PACERS, I would love to see Paul George stay and Nate McMillan go. It's a pipe dream but if we could land Hayward to our team with George, Tuner, and Teague we would improve at least 10 games. Cavs wont be around forever, LeBron is a Free Agent after next season. George is only 27 so he is just really entering his prime.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will keep this brief because this is a Pacers Thread but LeBron is far from the GOAT, great player/best today yes but like I have always said it's debatable he's even Top 5 ever. There are many players that have won more Championships and have better Stats if one devalues Championships. Finals MVP is an individual award and proves you are the best player on the  biggest stage and players like Magic, Shaq, and Duncan have just as many as LeBron has (3), Jordan has more (6) - all have less Finals losses as well. To put it back on topic = PACERS, I would love to see Paul George stay and Nate McMillan go. It's a pipe dream but if we could land Hayward to our team with George, Tuner, and Teague we would improve at least 10 games. Cavs wont be around forever, LeBron is a Free Agent after next season. George is only 27 so he is just really entering his prime.

Gordon Hayward is the key. Pacers land him and they can compete in the East

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Gordon Hayward is the key. Pacers land him and they can compete in the East

Off topic but I am watching the Warriors Championship Parade, man I am glad they won. I am happy for Durant because so many people have been bagging on this guy for years for not having a Championship. He earned it because he was MVP of the Finals so he wasn't just riding a 73 win team either. I am not a Warriors fan but don't dislike them at all, I like Durant and Curry and glad David West got a Ring too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but I am watching the Warriors Championship Parade, man I am glad they won. I am happy for Durant because so many people have been bagging on this guy for years for not having a Championship. He earned it because he was MVP of the Finals so he wasn't just riding a 73 win team either. I am not a Warriors fan but don't dislike them at all, I like Durant and Curry and glad David West got a Ring too.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows that Steph Curry is my favorite player. That obviously influences my thinking on this Warriors team. I'm also happy for KD. The guy was phenomenal when it mattered and silenced the critics

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know how you feel man, we have a very similar opinion on this topic.  I just don't see how LeBron was close before the finals, he loses 4-1 then all of a sudden he's over the mountain?  lol it's all good though.  We can all name March 5 LeBron day now, just for funhaha.  I am curious how many Finals MVP's Russell would have gotten?  His numbers weren't all that great in the Finals, I honestly think it'd be less than 5 but just my opinion.  If Hayward came home to the Pacers and they kept George, that'd be a solid core of George, Hayward and Turner.  I think Teague is a very solid player and I think Thad Young would fit the power forward spot for that team.  They'd just need to revamp their bench.  Maybe get rid of a few guys and keep a few guys.  I really don't know what to think about the whole PG13 situation.  I am beginning to think he's going to be gone, I just don't know where.  I hear the Celtics, Heat and Jazz are going after Hayward hard.  I guess we'll see what happens.  I am ready for the draft, free agency and trades.  I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron left Cleveland in the next year or two.  I am sure he has a no trade clause but if he didn't, I think I'd consider stocking up on a bunch of young talent and trading him, he's not getting any younger, that's just to make sure they don't lose him for nothing.  I do think we'll see CP3 Melo Wade and LeBron on the same team before it's all set and done or at least 3 of those guys on the same team. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I know how you feel man, we have a very similar opinion on this topic.  I just don't see how LeBron was close before the finals, he loses 4-1 then all of a sudden he's over the mountain?  lol it's all good though.  We can all name March 5 LeBron day now, just for funhaha.  I am curious how many Finals MVP's Russell would have gotten?  His numbers weren't all that great in the Finals, I honestly think it'd be less than 5 but just my opinion.  If Hayward came home to the Pacers and they kept George, that'd be a solid core of George, Hayward and Turner.  I think Teague is a very solid player and I think Thad Young would fit the power forward spot for that team.  They'd just need to revamp their bench.  Maybe get rid of a few guys and keep a few guys.  I really don't know what to think about the whole PG13 situation.  I am beginning to think he's going to be gone, I just don't know where.  I hear the Celtics, Heat and Jazz are going after Hayward hard.  I guess we'll see what happens.  I am ready for the draft, free agency and trades.  I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron left Cleveland in the next year or two.  I am sure he has a no trade clause but if he didn't, I think I'd consider stocking up on a bunch of young talent and trading him, he's not getting any younger, that's just to make sure they don't lose him for nothing.  I do think we'll see CP3 Melo Wade and LeBron on the same team before it's all set and done or at least 3 of those guys on the same team. 

Bill Russell's teams won 11 so I think he would've definitely had more than 3 anyway, as you know they didn't have that award until 1969. To me being that, that award is an individual award it proves a lot how great a player is on the big stage leading his team to a Championship. Magic won 3 in 12 years, Shaq won 3 in a row when he won his/only other player to do so is Jordan. LeBron has won 3 in his 14 year career but his teams have lost 5 Finals which is terrible. Just factor out the Warriors, what's LeBron's excuse for losing to the Mavs in 2011?

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 0:56 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Let's see if we can swing some sort of crazy trade here...

Indiana receives: Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, 1st overall pick

Boston receives: Kevin Love, 18th overall pick, 29th overall pick

Cleveland receives: Paul George

Or maybe...

Indiana receives: Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, 1st overall pick

Boston receives: Jimmy Butler, Kevin Seraphin

Cleveland receives: Paul George

Chicago receives: Kevin Love, JR Smith, 18th overall pick

I don't see the 4 team trade happening because there are so many moving parts to consider and Chicago doesn't really benefit from it, but perhaps the 3 team trade?

There's no way the Celtics give up all that just to get Kevin Love and two late 1sts.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bill Russell's teams won 11 so I think he would've definitely had more than 3 anyway, as you know they didn't have that award until 1969. To me being that, that award is an individual award it proves a lot how great a player is on the big stage leading his team to a Championship. Magic won 3 in 12 years, Shaq won 3 in a row when he won his/only other player to do so is Jordan. LeBron has won 3 in his 14 year career but his teams have lost 5 Finals which is terrible. Just factor out the Warriors, what's LeBron's excuse for losing to the Mavs in 2011?

Yea very true, I knew the award didn't come out until 1969 and West was the first one to win it, I think?  I really don't know what his excuse was for 2011, I'll even cut him slack on 2006-07 and 2014-15 because he was really young in 07 and in 15 Kyrie and Love were injured.  I don't give him an excuse for the other 3 he lost(Mavs, Spurs, Warriors).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yea very true, I knew the award didn't come out until 1969 and West was the first one to win it, I think?  I really don't know what his excuse was for 2011, I'll even cut him slack on 2006-07 and 2014-15 because he was really young in 07 and in 15 Kyrie and Love were injured.  I don't give him an excuse for the other 3 he lost(Mavs, Spurs, Warriors).

I don't give him an excuse either for losing in 2011, 2014, or this season. In 2014 he had Wade, Bosh, and Allen still and the Spurs embarrassed his team with an old Duncan/old Manu/old Parker/and Kawhi outplayed LeBron on top of it. People can say the Warriors have a Superteam and they actually do, I wont argue that but before the series started a lot of people were saying the Cavs would still win because of LeBron. I seen a lot of 4-2 predictions for the Cavs in the media and even in here I seen a couple. So apparently to some the Warriors weren't all that before the Finals took place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't give him an excuse either for losing in 2011, 2014, or this season. In 2014 he had Wade, Bosh, and Allen still and the Spurs embarrassed his team with an old Duncan/old Manu/old Parker/and Kawhi outplayed LeBron on top of it. People can say the Warriors have a Superteam and they actually do, I wont argue that but before the series started a lot of people were saying the Cavs would still win because of LeBron. I seen a lot of 4-2 predictions for the Cavs in the media and even in here I seen a couple. So apparently to some the Warriors weren't all that before the Finals took place.

Well said.  The people that predicted the Cavs to win haven't watched much of the playoffs this year regardless of how good LeBron has been, last year was last year and the Warriors didn't have Durant.  Most of the people that predicted the Cavs to win will have some sort of excuse now.   He wasn't that much better than KD in the finals.  The Warriors are just a better team.  I do consider them a super team(Durant Thompson Curry) I really don't consider them a big 4.  Green's a great player but not superstar in my opinion.  LeBron saying he's never been on a super team is just mind boggling(same with Durant).  He had Wade Bosh and Allen in Miami and Love and Kyrie in Cleveland.  I did hear Chris Broussard say "Can we all put the LeBron Jordan debate to an end?  LeBron isn't going to reach Jordan's level".  I was shocked!  Now Nick Wright on the other hand?  Not so much, but this is the guy who predicted the Cavs to sweep the Warriors lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Well said.  The people that predicted the Cavs to win haven't watched much of the playoffs this year regardless of how good LeBron has been, last year was last year and the Warriors didn't have Durant.  Most of the people that predicted the Cavs to win will have some sort of excuse now.   He wasn't that much better than KD in the finals.  The Warriors are just a better team.  I do consider then a super team(Durant Thompson Curry) I really don't consider them a big 4.  Green's a great player but not superstar in my opinion.  LeBron saying he's never been on a super team is just mind boggling(same with Durant).  He had Wade Bosh and Allen in Miami and Love and Kyrie in Cleveland.  I did hear Chris Broussard say "Can we all put the LeBron Jordan debate to an end?  LeBron isn't going to reach Jordan's level".  I was shocked!  Now Nick Wright on the other hand?  Not so much, but this is the guy who predicted the Cavs to sweep the Warriors lol. 

I told you they would have an excuse but had the Cavs won, man LeBron nation would've been out in full force saying the Warriors were overrated and Durant couldn't hold his jock. A lot of people before the series was saying LeBron will own Durant as well because he has always owned him, how did that workout lmao 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I told you they would have an excuse but had the Cavs won, man LeBron nation would've been out in full force saying the Warriors were overrated and Durant couldn't hold his jock. A lot of people before the series was saying LeBron will own Durant as well because he has always owned him, how did that workout lmao 

Well LeBron averaged 40 10 and 10 which is impressive(even though Westbrook averaged 30 10 and 10 for an 82 game season).  Durant averaged 37 9 and 6?  LeBron was better but not by much.  Curry and Irving were a wash for the most part, all though Curry averaged 9 assists and 8 boards per game to go along with 26 points, he averaged more Points than Dirk did in 2011 Finals, more assists then Stockton in either 97 or 98 Finals and more rebounds per game then KG in 2008 Finals, something along those lines.  Thompson was light years better than the Cavs SG's, Green was all around better than Love(not by much though) and the Warriors bench dominated the Cavs bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Well LeBron averaged 40 10 and 10 which is impressive(even though Westbrook averaged 30 10 and 10 for an 82 game season).  Durant averaged 37 9 and 6?  LeBron was better but not by much.  Curry and Irving were a wash for the most part, all though Curry averaged 9 assists and 8 boards per game to go along with 26 points, he averaged more Points than Dirk did in 2011, more assists then Stockton in either 97 or 98 and more rebounds per game then KG in 2008, something along those lines.  Thompson was light years better than the Cavs SG's, Green was all around better than Love(not by much though) and the Warriors bench dominated the Cavs bench.

I thought statistically LeBron did his part but he also disappeared in the 4th Qtr in Game 3 by only scoring 2 points in the last 7 minutes. That was the crucial game of the series because had the Cavs won Game 3, who knows this thing could've gone 7.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought statistically LeBron did his part but he also disappeared in the 4th Qtr in Game 3 by only scoring 2 points in the last 7 minutes. That was the crucial game of the series because had the Cavs won Game 3, who knows this thing could've gone 7.

He seemed to get gassed at the end of games.  He had to play all those minutes to keep them in it.  As Kerr said they'll get gassed the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and they did.  He sat out Durant and Curry for their normal breaks.  I was kind of shocked in game 3 he started the 4th quarter with no Durant and no Curry and they were down, he's a very smart coach though who now has 7 rings! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He seemed to get gassed at the end of games.  He had to play all those minutes to keep them in it.  As Kerr said they'll get gassed the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and they did.  He sat out Durant and Curry for their normal breaks.  I was kind of shocked in game 3 he started the 4th quarter with no Durant and no Curry and they were down, he's a very smart coach though who now has 7 rings! 

Draymond Green cracking on LeBron during his speech! Saying to the crowd, you started this Superteam crap back in 2010 lmao we are just better at it. Here's food for thought - LeBron was a #1 pick, Kyrie was a #1 pick, T. Thompson was a #4 pick, and Love was a #5 pick. Curry was a #7, K. Thompson #11, Green #35, Durant wasn't even a #1/he was a #2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

LeBron and Durant played pretty evenly statistically but Durant was better in the 4th Qtr of every game except Game 4

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Draymond Green cracking on LeBron during his speech! Saying to the crowd, you started this Superteam crap back in 2010 lmao we are just better at it. Here's food for thought - LeBron was a #1 pick, Kyrie was a #1 pick, T. Thompson was a #4 pick, and Love was a #5 pick. Curry was a #7, K. Thompson #11, Green #35, Durant wasn't even a #1/he was a #2.

I'll have to watch that lol. I saw the Quickie shirt Draymond was wearing and LeBron said that's what she said in response to it then Draymond green made a comment about the Warriors making LeBron's hair fall out because he just shaved his head haha.  I hear the two are friends off the court but I don't know if that's true.  You're right on about the draft picks though.  No one thought Curry would be that good at #7, same with K. Thompson and Green.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron and Durant played pretty evenly statistically but Durant was better in the 4th Qtr of every game except Game 4

I don't care that the stats say LeBron played better. KD played a better Finals. He was the man on both ends of the court

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't care that the stats say LeBron played better. KD played a better Finals. He was the man on both ends of the court

I wonder what happened to the old Basketball Thread? Where we could just talk anything Basketball. I feel odd talking about the Finals here because it's a Pacers Thread but it's Basketball so oh well. I am not disagreeing with you, I pointed out Durant outplayed him in the 4th Qtr of every game but 1 so in theory, yes Durant had the better series. I am just saying statistically both were pretty even, LeBron even a hair better. 4th Qtr is where it counts most though.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder what happened to the old Basketball Thread? Where we could just talk anything Basketball. I feel odd talking about the Finals here because it's a Pacers Thread but it's Basketball so oh well. I am not disagreeing with you, I pointed out Durant outplayed him in the 4th Qtr of every game but 1 so in theory, yes Durant had the better series. I am just saying statistically both were pretty even, LeBron even a hair better. 4th Qtr is where it counts most though.

I'm not disagreeing with you either. I'm just saying KD had a better Finals. And yeah let's get back on topic. LeBron already dominates everything else. Let's not have him dominate a Pacers thread too

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 9:20 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

man that feels like such a short period. I've seen highlights of the mini sky hook.. how tf do you even shoot that? And why don't we still see that now?

It was. I still remember going to ball practice after he announced his retirement after contracting HIV. Obviously in that day it was almost like a death sentence. He could have had another 3-4 good years after. Wouldn't have won any more titles with MJ in his way but his overall numbers would have been more impressive. The baby hook is pretty unstoppable and actually not that hard to shoot. Kareem's sky hook though was unguardable and a reason he played so long. Can't believe nobody uses that anymore.

10 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree!  I am really curious how this off season pans out.  I am curious about the draft and where Ball goes, who the Bulls get etc.  I am curious if the Bulls make any (dumb) trades.  I am curious if Paul George will get traded, I am curious where Melo is going to end up, I am curious if CP3 stays(because if he doesn't I think Blake will leave).  I am curious what the Cavs will do in general and the Celtics with the #1 pick.  A lot of good story lines, some of those will be answered in a week on draft night.  Can football just get here?  I don't watch baseball, much golf, boxing or UFC so I have nothing to watch, I suppose that's ok though because it's summer time and there are other things to do but I am ready for Colts football.

Obviously 18 is the offseason everyone is looking forward to. Lebron, PG, Wade, Cousins, I. Thomas and some other young guys but this year is critical for our Pacers obviously. You have to do something to make the team significantly better or PG will walk.

So what will the Bulls do? Butler has been upset for awhile. Mirotic is a FA....does he come back or do the cheap ownership let him go? The reason I thought about the Love and Shumpert for Butler/Rondo is because they could then let Mirotic walk if Love replaces him and allow them to have money going into 18 to go after some big names. Obviously u don't let Butler go if you can keep him happy but that might be hard to do since his name has been floated in every trade rumor the past couple years it seems. Wonder what you think? 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 6:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Isn't that the truth. Man even 2nd sucks in reality. It shouldn't, if I was on a team that finished 2nd or even made the Conference Championship I would be proud of the accomplishment. Yeah I would be pee'd we lost but look back on the season in a month or 2 after it was over and say we were a top 3 or 4 team in a league of 30+ teams and smile a bit. Really though nobody is going to be 100% happy unless they win it all and have the bragging rights.

Yeah it would suck. There is no consultation in coming in second. The only good thing is knowing your close to winning it all...that said after watching GS does anyone truely think they are close to beating them? Yikes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree!  I am really curious how this off season pans out.  I am curious about the draft and where Ball goes, who the Bulls get etc.  I am curious if the Bulls make any (dumb) trades.  I am curious if Paul George will get traded, I am curious where Melo is going to end up, I am curious if CP3 stays(because if he doesn't I think Blake will leave).  I am curious what the Cavs will do in general and the Celtics with the #1 pick.  A lot of good story lines, some of those will be answered in a week on draft night.  Can football just get here?  I don't watch baseball, much golf, boxing or UFC so I have nothing to watch, I suppose that's ok though because it's summer time and there are other things to do but I am ready for Colts football.

Have a feeling Melo ends up with the Cavs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah it would suck. There is no consultation in coming in second. The only good thing is knowing your close to winning it all...that said after watching GS does anyone truely think they are close to beating them? Yikes.

How would you rather lose, 4-0 or 4-3 at the buzzer. I think I would just rather get swept then lose at the freakin buzzer in Game 7. Man that would make me so sick.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do too but not sure how much that helps them? He plays no Defense, he can score but he's getting older too.

Yeah he definitely can't help on defense lol but you definitely need scoring against GS and hes a darn good scorer

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Have a feeling Melo ends up with the Cavs.

Rumors that he might just get waived all together and then he could pick his destination. If that's the case Cavs and Clippers are likely landing spots.

• Like 2

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Agreed. Those are our 2 biggest needs. Maybe PG if Teague isn't re signed

Yeah I have to study the Draft but it would be nice if we could find a hidden gem like a Hassan Whiteside type to pair up with Turner. We have our Superstar in PG at 3 already and Teague is better than Average.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How would you rather lose, 4-0 or 4-3 at the buzzer. I think I would just rather get swept then lose at the freakin buzzer in Game 7. Man that would make me so sick.

I still think a close series...at least you have hope and motivation for next year. You get swept if all things remain the same you don't have much reason for optimism that next year will be any better.

• Like 1