Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

The Timberwolves should have already put this game away. I really question Tom Thibodeau's coaching. He doesn't set up any plays and just lets Jimmy Butler take a whole bunch of contested shots down the stretch.

And they have 1.3 seconds left to get the ball in and try to win in a tie game and they just throw it to anybody and settle for a 40 footer. Ridiculous. How about calling a double screen or something to get someone open closer.

Now they're going to overtime.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even had Milwaukee won it wouldn't of mattered, Cavs aren't even trying. Maybe the Cavs want us, who knows?

Either they want us or somebody was looking at the Sixers game and saw that they had a big lead early.

Huge win for the Wolves! They are in. OKC has the 6th spot locked as they won again. By them getting that Seed they are in a great position actually. Westbrook got his 16 Rebounds tonight and became the 1st person in NBA history to average a TDB 2 years in a row. Pacers finished 48-34 and so did OKC, what are the chances of that happening. Both have decent Seed's as well.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I fear neither my team is good we shouldn't be afraid of the 6ers or Cavs. If the Pacers play to their full potential those teams stand no chance against us the only team in the east that we struggle with is Toronto.

We'll see just how high our potential is. There are no excuses in a 7 game series. Whoever wins was the better team. 

I'm sick of LeBron taking this team out but I'm ready to see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge win for the Wolves! They are in. OKC has the 6th spot locked as they won again. By them getting that Seed they are in a great position actually. Westbrook got his 16 Rebounds tonight and became the 1st person in NBA history to average a TDB 2 years in a row. Pacers finished 48-34 and so did OKC, what are the chances of that happening. Both have decent Seed's as well.

Huge for the Thunder to play the Jazz or Blazers instead of the Rockets/Warriors. I expected the Rockets to be better than the Thunder, but I also expected the Thunder to win more than 50 games. However, they are still in position for a deep run. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Huge for the Thunder to play the Jazz or Blazers instead of the Rockets/Warriors. I expected the Rockets to be better, but I also expected the Thunder to win more than 50 games. However, they are still in position for a deep run. 

Yep. The Jazz and Blazers are both Good but if I am OKC I would rather play one of them instead of the Rockets or Warriors - even without Curry.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We'll see just how high our potential is. There are no excuses in a 7 game series. Whoever wins was the better team. 

I'm sick of LeBron taking this team out but I'm ready to see what happens.

I will make all of my Playoff predictions shortly once the Jazz/Blazers game ends. My early crystal ball tells me we lose 4-3 to the Cavs unfortunately. I think we give them hell but come up short.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. The Jazz and Blazers are both Good but if I am OKC I would rather play one of them instead of the Rockets or Warriors - even without Curry.

I'm also seeing if the Jazz lose the Thunder will be the 4 seed and the Jazz would be the 5 seed so the Thunder would have home court as well.

The Trail Blazers are beating the Jazz by 16 late 3rd.

It looks like the Warriors are going to avoid both the Thunder and the Jazz in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

They play the Spurs without Kawhi Leonard in the first round, and the winner of Trail Blazers/Pelicans in the 2nd round.

They got real lucky.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm also seeing if the Jazz lose the Thunder will be the 4 seed and the Jazz would be the 5 seed so the Thunder would have home court as well.

The Trail Blazers are beating the Jazz by 16 late 3rd.

Damn I did not know that! Thunder may actually end up 4th is what you are saying? They would then play the Jazz in Round 1 with HCA because Jazz have tiebreaker over the Pelicans.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn I did not know that! Thunder may actually end up 4th is what you are saying? They would then play the Jazz in Round 1 with HCA because Jazz have tiebreaker over the Pelicans.

Yep. Only bad thing is they would have to play the Rockets in round 2 instead of the Warriors.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yep. Only bad thing is they would have to play the Rockets in round 2 instead of the Warriors.

Yeah but is that really Bad because Curry will be 100% by then. I consider the Warriors and Rockets pretty even when Curry is 100%. Warriors may even be a little better. They know how to win in the Playoffs, Rockets haven't been in the Finals with their core.

Here are the Playoff Seeding's, make your 1st Round picks everyone:

Western Conference

#1 Rockets vs #8 Timberwolves, I have 4-1 Rockets

#4 Thunder vs #5 Jazz, I have 4-2 Thunder

#2 Warriors vs #7 Spurs, Wont be a sweep without Curry but I have 4-2 Warriors

#3 Blazers vs #6 Pelicans, I have 4-3 Blazers

Eastern Conference

#1 Raptors vs #8 Wizards, I have 4-2 Raptors

#4 Cavs vs #5 Pacers, I have been teasing everyone. Here is my upset special, Pacers win 4-3 on LeBron's home court and end their reign, stun the Basketball world and then the media will have take notice of the Pacers! Not picking this so people in here will love me lmao but I believe this could happen. There have been a lot of upsets in sports lately. Like Eagles over Tommy, Astros over Dodgers, Virginia losing to a 16 Seed! Pacers have the Roster to do it as well, otherwise no way would I pick this and look foolish. LeBron will get his fair share of calls but the Pacers just have to ignore it and play their style of ball. Can they handle our Bigs in Turner and Sabonis? Oladipo is no joke either, he is basically a SuperStar. Bogdanovic is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league too.

#2 Celtics vs #7 Bucks, I still think the Celtics win this series despite their injuries. Bucks just don't impress me! Celtics are better Coached and play much better Defense. Celtics win 4-3.

#3 Sixers vs #6 Heat, I have 4-2 Sixers. Not sure what Embiid's status will be but with or without him I think Sixers get the job done. Embiid will probably play in part of this series is my guess.

• Thanks 1

Raptors over Wizards in 7 if Wizards have Otto Porter (Raptors in 5 without him)

Celtics over Bucks in 5

76ers over Heat in 7

Cavs over Pacers in 5 (struggling to give the Pacers a game)

Rockets over Timberwolves in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 5

Trail Blazers over Pelicans in 4

Thunder over Jazz in 7

• Like 2

Let me take a shot at this..

All playoff series will go at least six games ...Boston in 5

Houston over Minnesota in 6

Golden State over San Antonio in 7  (Steph Curry is not playing)

Portland over New Orleans in 7  Portland wins all 4 games at home

OKC over Utah in 6....OKC is the better team...(and I want to see Paul George's GatorAde commercial a few weeks longer)

Boston over Milwaukee in 5  (no need to fear the deer here)

Philadelphia over Miami in 7   (76ers without Embid will fall behind in this series)

Washington over Toronto in 6  (this is a very good matchup for the Wiz, if they wake up in time)

Pacers over Cleveland in 6 (Pacers match up with them. We have the depth. We have veteran players to throw against LBJ.  Who is going to guard Oladipo and Collison and Lance?

It has to be in '6'....and it will be. This is the matchup we want

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Raptors over Wizards in 7 if Wizards have Otto Porter (Raptors in 5 without him)

Celtics over Bucks in 5

76ers over Heat in 7

Cavs over Pacers in 5 (struggling to give the Pacers a game)

Rockets over Timberwolves in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 5

Trail Blazers over Pelicans in 4

Thunder over Jazz in 7

Hey every once in a while I have to go out on a limb, If Indy wins I will look a genius :lol:

My first round predictions. I'll be tuning into the Cavs/Pacers series, Wizards/Raptors, Bucks/Celtics, Thunder/Jazz and Rockets/TW'olves they intrigue me the most. 

Raptors over Wizards in 6

Bucks over Celtics in 7 (my first round bold prediction)

76ers over Heat in 5

Cavs over Pacers in 7

Rockets over T'Wolves in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 5

Blazers over Pelicans in 6

Thunder over Jazz in 7

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We can beat the Cavs if we do and Washington beats Toronto we can go to the finals seriously we can beat the Sixers only team we have a big problem with is Toronto 

I love how they asked the Golic's their picks this morning. Mike Sr, oh Cavs in 5 quickly, Mike Jr, oh Cavs in 4. Neither has probably watched a Pacers game all season :lol:. When it goes 7, both will be crapping their pants :thmup: worrying about Game 7. I will never forget when Mike Golic Sr made fun of the Colts before the 2009 Season after Dungy retired. He said, Colts have no chance to get to the Superbowl and laughed. When you have a talk show and are one of the main talking heads, you need to do your research is all.

22 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

My first round predictions. I'll be tuning into the Cavs/Pacers series, Wizards/Raptors, Bucks/Celtics, Thunder/Jazz and Rockets/TW'olves they intrigue me the most. 

Raptors over Wizards in 6

Bucks over Celtics in 7 (my first round bold prediction)

76ers over Heat in 5

Cavs over Pacers in 7

Rockets over T'Wolves in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 5

Blazers over Pelicans in 6

Thunder over Jazz in 7

This is probable IMO. Not sure Bucks can win Game 7 at Boston though? Boston cheats at home.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love how they asked the Golic's their picks this morning. Mike SR, oh Cavs in 5, Mike Jr, oh Cavs in 4. Neither has probably watched a Pacers game all season :lol:. When it goes 7, both will crapping their pants :thmup: worrying about Game 7. I will never forget when Mike Golic Sr made fun of the Colts before the 2009 Season after Dungy retired. He said, Colts have no chance to get to the Superbowl and laughed. When you have a talk show and one of the main talking heads, you need to do your research is all.

How easy people forget we killed the Cavs this year and they were pretty meh second half of the season add in the no defense part of their game and I dont see how they stop Bog and Vic. If Myles or Sabonis are hitting shots they will be in big trouble we blew the stacked warriors out by 20 and they had everyone but steph still had Durant and kay and green 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How easy people forget we killed the Cavs this year and they were pretty meh second half of the season add in the no defense part of their game and I dont see how they stop Bog and Vic. If Myles or Sabonis are hitting shots they will be in big trouble we blew the stacked warriors out by 20 and they had everyone but steph still had Durant and kay and green 

To me a huge key is Game 1. That will set the tone for the whole series. If we take it to them in Game 1, then that puts them behind the 8Ball. If we go up 1-0, then I know it goes 7 at worse.

This is probable IMO. Not sure Bucks can win Game 7 at Boston though? Boston cheats at home.

True!  It may be 6.  I think it's a favorable match up for the Bucks with no Kyrie or Gordon obviously.  We'll see if Jaylen Brown, Tatum and Rozier grow up before our eyes.  The future is looking good for the C's.  This could be a blessing in disguise.  They weren't winning this year without Gordon anyways, now these young guns get more valuable playoff experience. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

True!  It may be 6.  I think it's a favorable match up for the Bucks with no Kyrie or Gordon obviously.  We'll see if Jaylen Brown, Tatum and Rozier grow up before our eyes.  The future is looking good for the C's.  This could be a blessing in disguise.  They weren't winning this year without Gordon anyways, now these young guns get more valuable playoff experience. 

Boston is going to be hell on wheels come next season if Irving and Hayward stay 100%. I am so proud of the Pacers this year no matter what happens now. Obviously if we get swept it will look Bad but I don't see that this season. Pacers have unreal chemistry and will make this tough for LeBron.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is going to be hell on wheels come next season if Irving and Hayward stay 100%. I am so proud of the Pacers this year no matter what happens now. Obviously if we get swept it will look Bad but I don't see that this season. Pacers have unreal chemistry and will make this tough for LeBron.

I am reading there is a possibility the Celtics may trade for Leonard, if that happens LeBron's reign will come to an end in the East for sure.  I told a lot of Pacers fans from the start that Turner and Oladipo would be a good tandem to build on for the future.  They have two solid point guards, Sabonis has been a nice surprise, Thad can still play, they have a bench, and Oladipo is having arguably is best year(most improved player by far).  Oladipo is a stud. The Pacers need a good draft or need to pick up a few more pieces this off season.  They need a true SF.  I think they'll give the Cavs all they can handle.  They play hard and they can score.  Cleveland gave up 110 PPG this year.  It'll be a good series.  I give the edge to the Cavs strictly because of home court advantage. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am reading there is a possibility the Celtics may trade for Leonard, if that happens LeBron's reign will come to an end in the East for sure.  I told a lot of Pacers fans from the start that Turner and Oladipo would be a good tandem to build on for the future.  They have two solid point guards, Sabonis has been a nice surprise, Thad can still play, they have a bench, and Oladipo is having arguably is best year(most improved player by far).  Oladipo is a stud. The Pacers need a good draft or need to pick up a few more pieces this off season.  They need a true SF.  I think they'll give the Cavs all they can handle.  They play hard and they can score.  Cleveland gave up 110 PPG this year.  It'll be a good series.  I give the edge to the Cavs strictly because of home court advantage. 

Yeah playing that Game 7 on the road is always tough. Pacers need to steal Game 1 to get everyone's attention. That would be gigantic. Teams that win Game 1 of any series win 77% of the time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah playing that Game 7 on the road is always tough. Pacers need to steal Game 1 to get everyone's attention. That would be gigantic. Teams that win Game 1 of any series win 77% of the time.

good stat, and that could be key here.  we need at least one of the first two for sure 

i cant forget the last play of game one in the ECF against the heat.  it ended up being a close 7 game series and we could have stolen game one.  cant believe a defense that good let lebron get to the rim 

• Thanks 1

I agree.  They need to get at least 1 of the first 2 for sure to give themselves a chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I hate that we have to play the Cavs in the 1st. I think we will give em a tough time but I say Cavs in 6 or 7. Playoff LeBron will be too much as usual.

Game 1 is huge. We get that one we can dictate the series. We have to put pressure on LeBron otherwise we have no chance. When his teams lose Game 1 they almost always lose every series. They rarely lose Game 1 though  :facepalm:. When he lost to Orlando in 2009 (ECF), Orlando won Game 1. In 4 of the 5 Finals LeBron has lost, he lost Game 1. Getting Game 2 is big too if you don't get Game 1 but Game 1 to me is bigger because winning 3 games in a row is hard to do. Pacers get Game1, drop Game 2, then can take 3 and 4 is more probable.