Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

22 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I am very proud of how the Pacers have played this season. I just don't want to see people saying that we were the better team, the refs cheated, or anything about how we underperformed and we should fire Nate McMillan if we lose to the Cavs. No excuses in a 7-game series.

It is common for fans to hype themselves up thinking they can win a matchup we are not suppose to win, and then look to blame people when we lose. I know we'll put up a good fight but I'm not expecting anything.

And I'm sick of people dogging LeBron for no reason. He's done nothing but be the greatest player in the game for years and the quintessential role model for children all around the world. Saying he isn't better than MJ is one thing, but I don't like the disrespect he gets.

-I think LeBron is a Top 10 player of all-time. I get frowned upon for saying he isn't 2nd or Top 5 but I just don't think he was better than Magic or Kareem for example. That is far from a Dis. I am not even convinced he is better than Larry Bird to be honest - that is close. LeBron has been the best player in the league IMO since 2011, after Kobe won his last Championship in 2010 he basically passed the torch to LeBron in 2011. Kobe was a shell of himself after 2010 in reality. I have no problem with giving LeBron player of the decade from 2010-2019 - he deserves it. Magic won it in the 80's, Kareem in the 70's, Jordan in the 90's. I don't care for LeBron leaving the Cavs the way he did to join up with Wade and Bosh because Jordan would never do that in his prime, that was weak. It is what it is though. If I was going to bet huge money on this Cavs/Pacers series, I would definitely say it will go 6 - we aren't pushovers and have had a solid season. I still say it goes 7 and for fun I picked us :thmup:

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-I think LeBron is a Top 10 player of all-time. I get frowned upon for saying he isn't 2nd or Top 5 but I just don't think he was better than Magic or Kareem for example. That is far from a Dis. I am not even convinced he is better than Larry Bird to be honest - that is close. LeBron has been the best player in the league IMO since 2011, after Kobe won his last Championship in 2010 he basically passed the torch to LeBron in 2011. Kobe was a shell of himself after 2010 in reality. I have no problem with giving LeBron player of the decade from 2010-2019 - he deserves it. Magic won it in the 80's, Kareem in the 70's, Jordan in the 90's. I don't care for LeBron leaving the Cavs the way he did to join up with Wade and Bosh because Jordan would never do that in his prime, that was weak. It is what it is though. If I was going to bet huge money on this Cavs/Pacers series, I would definitely say it will go 6 - we aren't pushovers and have had a solid season. I still say it goes 7 and for fun I picked us :thmup:

Yeah I'm not pointing at anybody specifically. I'm just saying the things said overall on this board and off the board like "the refs won't let LeBron lose in the first round" and all the jokes about him whining and stuff is disrespectful to his consistent greatness.

Not trying to get into the LeBron-MJ debate because I never watched MJ play (only 20 years old). However, I don't blame LeBron for leaving because the Cavs didn't give him the team he needed.

MJ had a team that won 72 games. His team was basically the Warriors and he didn't have to leave to get that roster. The team won 55 games without him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I'm not pointing at anybody specifically. I'm just saying the things said overall on this board and off the board like "the refs won't let LeBron lose in the first round" and all the jokes about him whining and stuff is disrespectful to his consistent greatness.

Not trying to get into the LeBron-MJ debate because I never watched MJ play (only 20 years old). However, I don't blame LeBron for leaving because the Cavs didn't give him the team he needed.

MJ had a team that won 72 games. His team was basically the Warriors and he didn't have to leave to get that roster. The team won 55 games without him.

I can see why this generation thinks LeBron is the GOAT, guy is awesome. After watching Magic and Bird in the 80's and how Great Kareem was live I just have a different take. Jordan was just ridiculously Great.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure on that. LeBron is a 1 man wrecking crew and Curry is a Great player.

I guess it would depend on his supporting cast. 

If LeBron is averaging 40 point triple doubles, but his entire bench scores 7 points like last year, it will not matter. Steph usually underperforms in the finals anyway.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I guess it would depend on his supporting cast. 

If LeBron is averaging 40 point triple doubles, but his entire bench scores 7 points like last year, it will not matter. Steph usually underperforms in the finals anyway.

I think if somehow the Cavs make it to the Finals and play the Warriors again but Steph is out, LeBron would probably find a way to win that. He beat them in 2016.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say Cavs make it to the Finals. Do you think they could beat the Cavs without Curry?

Nope, I don't believe there is a real contender in the east this year. There is a bunch of decent eastern teams and one all time great (Lebron).

I think the Warriors will still win it all over Lebron sadly. If Curry is healthy (I believe he comes back) then Warriors are going to be too tough.

If Curry gets hurt again or one of the Warriors top dogs then maybe things change.

But I thought the only real contender this year in the east was a healthy Boston team with Hayward/Irving. But even then I think you have to throw in a Leonard type of player in Boston to make them have a real shot to win it all. Unless Brown or Tatum became a super star. Spurs would be very interested IMO in the C's young guys.

But I don't think Lebron is enough. Lebron+Kyrie wasn't enough last year.......

I am not sold on Houston yet unless they prove me wrong.

But if Curry stays healthy it's done.

53 minutes ago, Jules said:

Nope, I don't believe there is a real contender in the east this year. There is a bunch of decent eastern teams and one all time great (Lebron).

I think the Warriors will still win it all over Lebron sadly. If Curry is healthy (I believe he comes back) then Warriors are going to be too tough.

If Curry gets hurt again or one of the Warriors top dogs then maybe things change.

But I thought the only real contender this year in the east was a healthy Boston team with Hayward/Irving. But even then I think you have to throw in a Leonard type of player in Boston to make them have a real shot to win it all. Unless Brown or Tatum became a super star. Spurs would be very interested IMO in the C's young guys.

But I don't think Lebron is enough. Lebron+Kyrie wasn't enough last year.......

I am not sold on Houston yet unless they prove me wrong.

But if Curry stays healthy it's done.

If the Pacers do lose, I would love to see a Raptors vs Rockets Finals. It isn't a ratings buster lmao but it would be something different and a good series IMO. ESPN people are cringing at me now haha. I think outside of people that live in Ohio and LeBron diehard fans, watching him in the Finals 7 years in a row is getting a bit old. The Warriors going again is wearing thin too, we will see how everything shapes up.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see why this generation thinks LeBron is the GOAT, guy is awesome. After watching Magic and Bird in the 80's and how Great Kareem was live I just have a different take. Jordan was just ridiculously Great.

I am this generation 20 too. I still will go with MJ easily. LeBron I agree with top ten could be higher but I also feel that this game is so much different than MJ day even. Much less mugging allowed and superstars get even more of a benefit. I always have said since he went to MIami, hate the player LeBron but can't hate the person. Real good player but dont like what he did to cleveland with whole show, but his other things out of basketball I cant hate it. Unlike like Brady who I hate on and off the field person

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am this generation 20 too. I still will go with MJ easily. LeBron I agree with top ten could be higher but I also feel that this game is so much different than MJ day even. Much less mugging allowed and superstars get even more of a benefit. I always have said since he went to MIami, hate the player LeBron but can't hate the person. Real good player but dont like what he did to cleveland with whole show, but his other things out of basketball I cant hate it. Unlike like Brady who I hate on and off the field person

When it comes to Magic and Bird I was old enough to watch them live and how LeBron is dominating today is really no different than how they dominated except LeBron is just more athletic. Magic won more is why I have him rated higher and he won more with the same team his whole career. If you just go by Finals appearances and not even Rings, Magic still has LeBron there 9-8. Magic went to 9 Finals in 12 seasons and won 5 of those against teams like Boston with Bird and Great Sixer teams with Julius Erving, etc.. I have never seen one person just dominate a game Offensively and Defensively like Jordan did when it comes to him.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to Magic and Bird I was old enough to watch them live and how LeBron is dominating today is really no different than how they dominated except LeBron is just more athletic. Magic won more is why I have him rated higher and he won more with the same team his whole career. If you just go by Finals appearances and not even Rings, Magic still has LeBron there 9-8. Magic went to 9 Finals in 12 seasons and won 5 of those against teams like Boston with Bird and Great Sixer teams with Julius Erving, etc.. I have never seen one person just dominate a game Offensively and Defensively like Jordan did when it comes to him.

-To add to this, Athletic doesn't always mean better. Magic and Bird both were 6'9 and used their HT to their advantage (LeBron is 6'8), Bird was a Great Shooter and Passer so he could get away with having limited athleticism. Magic actually was just smarter than everyone like Peyton was, guy had eyes in the back of his head and was the best Leader on the floor I have ever seen.

-Cant wait to see how Game 1 goes today between Cavs/Pacers. Nobody is even giving us a chance.

22 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know why you guys are so adamant at looking at the regular season to determine that the Pacers are going to beat the Cavs.

1. We've never played this Cavs team before.

2. LeBron gets even better during the playoffs.

3. Even if the Cavs roster as been worse than previous years, they still have a lot more experience than our team does in the postseason and anyone on their roster can go off at a certain time (JR, Korver, Hood)

I'd rather play the choking Raptors team 7 days a week.

I disagree....there is no guarantee LeBron will get better in the post-season. Past years are just that...

The Cavs don't have more experience overall than we do. LBJ, JR  and Kevin Love do

We'll be OK in this matchup....and its about time to tip it off

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Was not expecting the Blazers to come out and lay an egg at home.

....I was very surprised by that...and Miami just played badly.

Goron Dragic had the worst game I've seen him have  4 of 14...4 turnovers

Edited by oldunclemark

Celtics survived. Officiating for Greek Freak is 2008 style Lebron. It is absolutely sickening.

My goodness, what the hell is the leagues obsession with that man. He had like 37 fouls today and finally got the 6th in OT.

Unbelievable how this league works at times.