Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still would prefer playing Philly over the Cavs. Like Aaron said if we play the Cavs, Lebron will be getting guys in Foul trouble and shooting a ton of FT's. I just hate watching any series he's in because it's the same ol crap.

I can relate to what you're saying..I recall last year's series.

But this is a new year and I just don't think LBJ or Love or George Gill can overcome the level of defense the Cavs play....  

..and I'd rather have Myles Turner going against Larry Nance and Tristan Thompson than Joel Embid

52 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I can relate to what you're saying..I recall last year's series.

But this is a new year and I just don't think LBJ or Love or George Gill can overcome the level of defense the Cavs play....  

..and I'd rather have Myles Turner going against Larry Nance and Tristan Thompson than Joel Embid

That's the thing, we don't even know how much Embiid will play? If he does play, he wont be 100%.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's the thing, we don't even know how much Embiid will play? If he does play, he wont be 100%.

If Embid cant play, then I will come over to your side...lets play the 76ers..

That team that played Cleveland Friday night.....had no center and no defense...

They lost a 30-point lead and it goes to OT if LeBron can hit free throws. 

If we get to the end of the 82 game schedule with everybody healthy......we have more depth and health than either the Cavs or 76ers

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

108-102  monster win for OKC at Houston.....

OKC would have to lose their final 2 games to miss the playoffs

..and they can still get as high as '4' if they sweep the final 2

Shows what kind of team the Thunder can be. The Big3 tore Houston up at Houston. Houston doesn't have any excuses because everyone played and they were trying to win, nobody sat out. Harden even had 26. I remember how many on this Site said this Thunder team wouldn't work. They are now 46-34 and will make the Playoffs in a tough Western Conference. Their last game of the season is vs Memphis so if they need to win that, they will. Thunder wont win more than 50 like I predicted or be a Top 4 Seed but nobody thought teams like the Blazers, Jazz, or Pelicans would be as Good as they are. Every team in the West that makes the Playoffs in the West is going to be at least 10 games over .500. If the Thunder finish in the top 6 I have them advancing in the Playoffs to Round 2.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shows what kind of team the Thunder can be. The Big3 tore Houston up at Houston. Houston doesn't have any excuses because everyone played and they were trying to win, nobody sat out. Harden even had 26. I remember how many on this Site said this Thunder team wouldn't work. They are now 46-34 and will make the Playoffs in a tough Western Conference. Their last game of the season is vs Memphis so if they need to win that, they will. Thunder wont win more than 50 like I predicted or be a Top 4 Seed but nobody thought teams like the Blazers, Jazz, or Pelicans would be as Good as they are. Every team in the West that makes the Playoffs in the West is going to be at least 10 games over .500. If the Thunder finish in the top 6 I have them advancing in the Playoffs to Round 2.

I wouldn't get to excited Houston played to win of course if you take the court you want to win but the game was meaningless. It's still a good win and OKC will be dangerous. 

The West is going to be a lot of fun. Houston was great during the regular season but that's over. GS isn't the same team and they are beatable without Curry. 

The  Blazers and OKC could make some noise. OKC has their big three and Portland has the Dame. Lillard can do somethings the most overlooked underrated whatever you want to call it in the league. Their aren't too many guys that can beat you Lillard's name is at the top of the list. He's one of my favorite guys in the league. 

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I wouldn't get to excited Houston played to win of course if you take the court you want to win but the game was meaningless. It's still a good win and OKC will be dangerous. 

The West is going to be a lot of fun. Houston was great during the regular season but that's over. GS isn't the same team and they are beatable without Curry. 

The  Blazers and OKC could make some noise. OKC has their big three and Portland has the Dame. Lillard can do somethings the most overlooked underrated whatever you want to call it in the league. Their aren't too many guys that can beat you Lillard's name is at the top of the list. He's one of my favorite guys in the league. 

Houston is 42-2 when Harden, CP3, and Capela all play. So OKC did show me a lot last night winning at Houston. I think the league is wide open this season in both conferences. I cant wait for the Playoffs to start. I am rooting for the Pacers 1, and I would love to see teams like OKC, Blazers, or even the Jazz do really well. I am about small market teams these playoffs.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Houston is 42-2 when Harden, CP3, and Capela all play. So OKC did show me a lot last night winning at Houston. I think the league is wide open this season in both conferences. I cant wait for the Playoffs to start. I am rooting for the Pacers 1, and I would love to see teams like OKC, Blazers, or even the Jazz do really well. I am about small market teams these playoffs.

I am ready too I'll be bummed if the West shakes out a Blazers v Thunder first round match up. 

I know how dominant the Rockets have been this season. They'll be favored in any series as long as Seth is out. They still have to show me. They haven't done a whole lot in the playoffs. The Curry injury and Butler return. makes the West more interesting. 

The East anything can happen. The Raptors are the top seed but they haven't set the playoff world on fire. Boston is vulnerable and the Wiz look a mess. We won the season series vs the other teams. 

This isn't me being a homer: The Pacers are the second best team and the Raptors aren't significantly better. We have guys with playoff experience too. We should make some noise but we have to get out of the gates fast. I like playing the first games on the road. We get one and gain control of the series.  

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly is up 61-48 at Half over the Mavs. I think if Philly loses a game it will be at Atlanta oddly enough. Atlanta has a knack of playing good at home sometimes. I don't think the Bucks will beat Philly at Philly.

I can't see them losing to Atlanta. I have more faith in the Bucks fighting for position even on the road.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers won out. I can't believe the Bucks aren't a better team this year after acquiring Bledsoe.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Wow..I thought this was a night game....

Just one more injury-free game..and we're ready for the playoffs

Yeah I guess at this point we should rest everyone now to avoid a fluke injury. Philly won today and Cavs aren't losing 2 to NY. Lance went off today too, he had 10 Rebounds and 10 Assists but only 8 points lmao. Poor guy was trying like hell to get a TDB but couldn't buy a basket haha. We looked Great today though.

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

I am ready too I'll be bummed if the West shakes out a Blazers v Thunder first round match up. 

I know how dominant the Rockets have been this season. They'll be favored in any series as long as Seth is out. They still have to show me. They haven't done a whole lot in the playoffs. The Curry injury and Butler return. makes the West more interesting. 

The East anything can happen. The Raptors are the top seed but they haven't set the playoff world on fire. Boston is vulnerable and the Wiz look a mess. We won the season series vs the other teams. 

This isn't me being a homer: The Pacers are the second best team and the Raptors aren't significantly better. We have guys with playoff experience too. We should make some noise but we have to get out of the gates fast. I like playing the first games on the road. We get one and gain control of the series.  

I think that everything resets when the playoffs start....

If we could be the '4' instead of the '5' our outlook would be brighter....we just don't match up with Toronto..

George Hill hasnt played fro Cleveland in 10 days....but I think he's okay for our series

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I guess at this point we should rest everyone now to avoid a fluke injury. Philly won today and Cavs aren't losing 2 to NY. Lance went off today too, he had 10 Rebounds and 10 Assists but only 8 points lmao. Poor guy was trying like hell to get a TDB but couldn't buy a basket haha. We looked Great today though.

What do you think about sitting players entirely as opposed to playing them 20-25 minutes?

There's a good argument both ways

...we may not play until Sunday.  Sitting out a week cant help players play well

But then again, if anyone is hurt in game 82, its a 100% avoidable loss.

If you forced me to make a decision, I'd sit the starting 5 and use an 8-man rotation against the Hawks with  the 2nd 5, TJ Leaf, Joe Young and Big Al ....Maybe bring up Ike and Edmund Sumner for the game

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

What do you think about sitting players entirely as opposed to playing them 20-25 minutes?

There's a good argument both ways

...we may not play until Sunday.  Sitting out a week cant help players play well

But then again, if anyone is hurt in game 82, its a 100% avoidable loss.

If you forced me to make a decision, I'd sit the starting 5 and use an 8-man rotation against the Hawks with  the 2nd 5, TJ Leaf, Joe Young and Big Al ....Maybe bring up Ike and Edmund Sumner for the game

I would be ok with playing the starters a few minutes I guess but I wouldn't push it. Cavs will have a lot of time off too.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be ok with playing the starters a few minutes I guess but I wouldn't push it. Cavs will have a lot of time off too.

I'm sure if we ask the players, they'd all want to play..

....I really don't know what's best..If Victor is hurt in game 82, we're done

But a week off is too much..

I just don't know

I'm sure if we ask the players, they'd all want to play..

....I really don't know what's best..If Victor is hurt in game 82, we're done

But a week off is too much..

I just don't know

I would probably play Vic about 20 minutes, same for Bogey. After that pull them. Turner only went 7 minutes today. Sabonis picked up a lot of minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would probably play Vic about 20 minutes, same for Bogey. After that pull them. Turner only went 7 minutes today. Sabonis picked up a lot of minutes.

I saw that...38 minutes......no need for that

By the time we play Tuesday, the Cavs will have played NY......and a Cleveland win makes us the 5th seed..

I believe we're still technically competing for home court in the 4/5 series...so I assume the Cavs play everyone Monday night

• Like 1

I saw that...38 minutes......no need for that

By the time we play Tuesday, the Cavs will have played NY......and a Cleveland win makes us the 5th seed..

I believe we're still technically competing for home court in the 4/5 series...so I assume the Cavs play everyone Monday night

Yep.

I know its LeBron but when I see

Jeff Green vs. Myles Turner at center

Kevin Love vs. Thad Young at PF

LBJ vs. Bogdonavich at SF

Rodney Hood vs. Victor at SG

..and George Hill vs. Darren Collison ...I like that

With Clarkson and Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver, JR and Larry Nance..that's some good bench shooting..more than we have....but we do have Sabonis, Booker, Lance, Glenn and Cory Joseph... our 2nd team is better on 'D'

They have more shooting on the bench..and much more forward scoring with Love and LBJ..

...but our guards can control, the perimiter on them and Myles Turner can make it tough for  LeBron to get the layups he gets vs. the 6ers and Celtics..

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

With Clarkson and Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver, JR and Larry Nance..that's some good bench shooting..more than we have....but we do have Sabonis, Booker, Lance, Glenn and Cory Joseph... our 2nd team is better on 'D'

They have more shooting on the bench..and much more forward scoring with Love and LBJ..

...but our guards can control, the perimiter on them and Myles Turner can make it tough for  LeBron to get the layups he gets vs. the 6ers and Celtics..

We match up pretty good against the Cavs. I know they have LeBron but if we can control there other starters we should have a pretty good chance to make this a series.

I don't agree with you 100% about the bench. Our bench can play very good when they get their defense going.

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If we had HCA I would feel good about it. Playing a possible Game 7 there against LeBron isn't my ideal situation. I do think we very possibly can take them 7 as we have a Good team. I actually think from top to bottom we have a better Roster compared to the Cavs but they have the LeBron factor. When you have a Top 10 player of all-time and best player today, that team has the advantage IMO. 

I hate to say this.. but the East looks life Lebrons again :bored:.. I don't really have a horse in the race, but I was looking for a different outcome this year. The Raptors just bow down to the Cavs..The Celtics are on IR..and  Philly (who has been playing lights out) let the Cavs come back from down 30 to barely win. I've been rooting for Dipo this year, i'm very happy he's had a nice breakout season. I'm just not sure anyone in the east can stop Lebron

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I hate to say this.. but the East looks life Lebrons again :bored:.. I don't really have a horse in the race, but I was looking for a different outcome this year. The Raptors just bow down to the Cavs..The Celtics are on IR..and  Philly (who has been playing lights out) let the Cavs come back from down 30 to barely win. I've been rooting for Dipo this year, i'm very happy he's had a nice breakout season. I'm just not sure anyone in the east can stop Lebron

I hate to say this

but I agree :peek:

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Raptors aren't tough enough mentally to beat LeBron, we can take them 7 but Game 7 in LeBron's house will be a FT shoot fest for the Cavs. Celtics will be lucky to make it out of the 1st Round with their injuries. The East is more wide open than usual though because the Raptors on paper are better than the Cavs and the Pacers are no joke, Philly is dangerous too if Embiid gets healthy.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Raptors aren't tough enough mentally to beat LeBron, we can take them 7 but Game 7 in LeBron's house will be a FT shoot fest for the Cavs. Celtics will be lucky to make it out of the 1st Round with their injuries.

The Raptors are really disappointing.. and you notice Lebron doesn't need the "rest" he was longing for last year? :lol:

Playoffs start Saturday already.  That's unreal!  It seems like the season just started.  A lot of surprising, young teams making the playoffs and playing good ball.  Pacers, Jazz and 76ers all come to mind.  I wouldn't want any of those 3 teams in a playoff series.  Looking like Pacers Cavs.  If the 76ers can win there last two games, they'll have a shot to make the East finals with the 3 seed.  The Jazz can still move up.  Every series will be interesting in the playoffs except 1vs8 and 2vs7 in the West in my opinion.  My bold prediction says Raptors Rockets in the Finals with the Rockets winning.  If the Warriors can get Steph back at close to 90%, I think they'll make it back.  The East is wide open, the Cavs are very vulnerable this year.  It'll be interesting.  I wouldn't mind two new teams in the Finals, at least one would be nice!

• Like 1

a cavs win at NY seals us as the '5' in the east..     Cavs 106, Knicks 100  5:00 left  its close

By the way. Did the Knicks really draft Frank Millikina ahead of rookie of the year Donovan Mitchell?

Frank Millikina isn't going to get many votes for rookie of the year, is he?

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

a cavs win at NY seals us as the '5' in the east..     Cavs 106, Knicks 100  5:00 left  its close

By the way. Did the Knicks really draft Frank Millikina ahead of rookie of the year Donovan Mitchell?

Frank Millikina isn't going to get many votes for rookie of the year, is he?

Cavs are going to win, they are up 15 late. Tomorrow is fan appreciation night so I would assume McMillian will play the starters in the 1st Qtr than pull everyone since the game is meaningless. By the way OKC is up big on Miami as well, OKC is going to clinch a Playoff spot with that win. They can still move up to the 4th with a little help.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs are going to win, they are up 15 late. Tomorrow is fan appreciation night so I would assume McMillian will play the starters in the 1st Qtr than pull everyone since the game is meaningless. By the way OKC is up big on Miami as well, OKC is going to clinch a Playoff spot with that win. They can still move up to the 4th with a little help.

Miami dropped to the '7' with the loss....where they would meet crippled -up Boston (the 2) instead of Philadelphia or Cleveland...(the 3)

I'm sure Miami is mourning this defeat

Miami dropped to the '7' with the loss....where they would meet crippled -up Boston (the 2) instead of Philadelphia or Cleveland...(the 3)

I'm sure Miami is mourning this defeat

Yeah I hear ya, probably their plan lmao. Russell Westbrook had 18 Rebounds, if he gets 16 in the final game, he will average a TDB again.