Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm hoping Milwaukee needs to win Wednesday night at Philadelphia..

...all I can find is that Joel Embid will probably NOT be able to play this weekend...

Its is said that the 76ers would open play Saturday at home..

That is why I wanted to play Philly. Without Embiid, Turner and Sabonis will have a field day. We also have the Guard play that can offset Simmons and JJ with Dipo and Collison.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why I wanted to play Philly. Without Embiid, Turner and Sabonis will have a field day. We also have the Guard play that can offset Simmons and JJ with Dipo and Collison.

Cleveland plays very little defense...very little....and they have to win or the whole world ends..

the 76ers plan on being at the 'club' by May 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cleveland plays very little defense...very little....and they have to win or the whole world ends..

the 76ers plan on being at the 'club' by May 1

I think if Embiid doesn't play at all or at 75%, we win that series in 6. If we play the Cavs we probably lose in 7 tough games unfortunately. That is what my dusty crystal ball says.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they even play Philly it wont be until the ECFinals. Maybe they fear Sabonis.

They expect to be in the finals....Perkins wont play much (if at all) against us.

I don't think the Cavs are too concerned with playing Indiana..

Its part of why we have a good chance to beat them

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs win 123-109.we are the '5'....

Cavs (50-31) need the 76ers (50-30) to lose one of the last 2

......we play at Philadelphia or at Cleveland Game one Saturday or (if its the Cavs) probably Sunday.

We're going to be in prime time if we play the Cavs, obviously

I don't think I'd want to play the 76ers at this point in the season.  Especially if Embiid makes it back.  A lot of people are writing them off.  They are a scary team. The Cavs are very vulnerable, but do have LeBron.  I really wouldn't want either team but I think the Pacers match up better against the Cavs.  I know they beat the 76ers two out of three but they were all close games and the 76ers are playing much better right now.  I think it'll be Cavs Pacers unless the Bucks can upset the 76ers in Philly because the 76ers aren't losing to Atlanta. 

5 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I don't think I'd want to play the 76ers at this point in the season.  Especially if Embiid makes it back.  A lot of people are writing them off.  They are a scary team. The Cavs are very vulnerable, but do have LeBron.  I really wouldn't want either team but I think the Pacers match up better against the Cavs.  I know they beat the 76ers two out of three but they were all close games and the 76ers are playing much better right now.  I think it'll be Cavs Pacers unless the Bucks can upset the 76ers in Philly because the 76ers aren't losing to Atlanta. 

A lot of people are writing them off??? Half the world thinks they are going to make it to the ECF. They are being very overrated with or without Embiid.

• Thanks 1

I would have Darren Collison sit the game as well and give Joe Young minutes but otherwise this is a good decision. I want them to go through Myles in this game and give him confidence going into the playoffs. Hopefully he can stay out of foul trouble unlike Sunday's game against D-Howard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to see TJ Leaf out there and throwing in a few points.....63-55 at the half..

Wonderful NBA basketball ..a combined 38 3-point shot one half..

Loos like we will play at Philadelphia Saturday night or at Cleveland Sunday...

If Victor really has a nagging foot injury, (this is the first I've heard of it) I hope its Sunday

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I would have Darren Collison sit the game as well and give Joe Young minutes but otherwise this is a good decision. I want them to go through Myles in this game and give him confidence going into the playoffs. Hopefully he can stay out of foul trouble unlike Sunday's game against D-Howard.

I agree about Collison.

I have no idea why he's playing

45 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

119-93..good thing this one didn't count....

But I don't think anyone got hurt...so its a win for us!!

Had it been a game of importance we would've won, Vic, Bogey, nor Thad played. Looks like Philly is going to win, they are up 109-102 with 3 minutes to go. So it will come down to tomorrow night to see who we play. If Philly wins tomorrow it will be the Cavs, if Philly loses and the Cavs win, it will be Philly.

-Overall we had a Good Regular Season finishing 48-34 and getting the 5th Seed, Very Good for our standards considering ESPN, TNT, and the NBA Network as a whole had us winning 32 games. Had we won 50, I would've said Great.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had it been a game of importance we would've won, Vic, Bogey, nor Thad played. Looks like Philly is going to win, they are up 109-102 with 3 minutes to go. So it will come down to tomorrow night to see who we play. If Philly wins tomorrow it will be the Cavs, if Philly loses and the Cavs win, it will be Philly.

-Overall we had a Good Regular Season finishing 48-34 and getting the 5th Seed, Very Good for our standards considering ESPN, TNT, and the NBA Network as a whole had us winning 32 games. Had we won 50, I would've said Great.

To have a great year, we have to win a playoff series...

I'm changing my pick for rookie of the year to Donovan Mitchell for two reasons. 

1. The Jazz could be the 3rd seed in the WESTERN conference.

2. He is legitimately a rookie and didn't just redshirt his first NBA season like Simmons.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

A lot of people are writing them off??? Half the world thinks they are going to make it to the ECF. They are being very overrated with or without Embiid.

If they stay in the 3 seed, can Miami or Milwaukee really beat them?  If they get past the first round they'll have a Celtics team without Kyrie or Miami/Milwaukee.  It's not out of the question for them to make the East Finals if they fall into the 3 seed.  They've won 15 in a row, they must be doing something right?  Now if they drop there last game and the Cavs get the 3, I don't see them getting to the ECF, a lot of if's.  I would rather play a vulnerable Cavs team than a hot 76ers team.  It's all about whose playing the best basketball this time of the year.  A lot of people think of it's LeBron, it's the Cavs, lets stay away from them.  In the past I'd understand but this year they aren't the same team.  I guess we'll see soon enough.  I really think a Pacers Cavs series would go the full 7 games. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:27 AM, oldunclemark said:

They expect to be in the finals....Perkins wont play much (if at all) against us.

I don't think the Cavs are too concerned with playing Indiana..

Its part of why we have a good chance to beat them

They better get concerned we beat the hell out of them and owned them all year we dont have a damn thing to fear screw Cleveland

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I want to play the Cavs....I want the Pacers to end his reign in the East. I think we have the best shot to stop them. Toronto chokes, Boston is hurt, Philly is too young. It's up to us to get the job done.

Hell yes!! A fan that's not ready to roll over and die at the site of Cleveland 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hell yes!! A fan that's not ready to roll over and die at the site of Cleveland 

You can tell Toronto is scared of Lebron. It would be a major upset but to win anything you have to get through them. Might as well be round 1 before they settle into playoff mode. They don't play defense....so if we play well I think we can beat them.

• Like 1

*DEEEEEEP BREATH*

Playoff basketball is almost here.. spring nights and ball everynight :headspin:

I am pulling HARD for the sixers tonight. I want you guys to get a crack at the Cavs first, then let em go to Toronto. They will get put through a gauntlet this playoffs. 

The playoffs actually start tonight, with the Wolves and Nuggets. I'm hyped! Then the Blazers and Jazz play for the 3rd seed... ahh!! you can tell i'm a little too excited.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

*DEEEEEEP BREATH*

Playoff basketball is almost here.. spring nights and ball everynight :headspin:

I am pulling HARD for the sixers tonight. I want you guys to get a crack at the Cavs first, then let em go to Toronto. They will get put through a gauntlet this playoffs. 

The playoffs actually start tonight, with the Wolves and Nuggets. I'm hyped! Then the Blazers and Jazz play for the 3rd seed... ahh!! you can tell i'm a little too excited.

I am pulling for the 76ers as well.  I'd love for the Cavs to have the 4 seed and actually have to go a somewhat difficult route to get to the NBA Finals(which I think they probably will).  The Pacers will give them all they can handle though, probably a 7 game series. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

*DEEEEEEP BREATH*

Yep. That second round matchup for GS if they play the Blazers could get real interesting...especially if Curry isn't healthy. Lots of good matchups...and finally players start playing hard....it's not just a glorified AAU game now. NBA isn't my cup of tea but at least the playoffs are generally watchable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am pulling for the 76ers as well.  I'd love for the Cavs to have the 4 seed and actually have to go a somewhat difficult route to get to the NBA Finals(which I think they probably will).  The Pacers will give them all they can handle though, probably a 7 game series. 

My thoughts exactly.. potentially going through Pacers, Raptors, then 6ers.. instead of Bucks, Celts, Raptors.. It's gonna be tough! 

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep. That second round matchup for GS if they play the Blazers could get real interesting...especially if Curry isn't healthy. Lots of good matchups...and finally players start playing hard....it's not just a glorified AAU game now. NBA isn't my cup of tea but at least the playoffs are generally watchable.

And this too! That 3 seed is very important for that reason... 4 you get Harden, 3 you get a gimpy Curry (supposedly) This didn't work out too well for Portland 2 years ago.. but you never know how he'll feel this time around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If they stay in the 3 seed, can Miami or Milwaukee really beat them?  If they get past the first round they'll have a Celtics team without Kyrie or Miami/Milwaukee.  It's not out of the question for them to make the East Finals if they fall into the 3 seed.  They've won 15 in a row, they must be doing something right?  Now if they drop there last game and the Cavs get the 3, I don't see them getting to the ECF, a lot of if's.  I would rather play a vulnerable Cavs team than a hot 76ers team.  It's all about whose playing the best basketball this time of the year.  A lot of people think of it's LeBron, it's the Cavs, lets stay away from them.  In the past I'd understand but this year they aren't the same team.  I guess we'll see soon enough.  I really think a Pacers Cavs series would go the full 7 games. 

I'll take the Sixers. Everybody thought the Cavs were "vulnerable" last year especially after they gave up a 26 point lead to the Hawks in the 4th quarter late in the season. 

They went into the playoffs and almost swept to the finals. Things change when the playoffs start. No playing on back-to-backs, no trap games, it's all about who the best team is in a best of 7 games series.

The only impressive wins in the 76ers 15-game winning streak were against the Nuggets, Timberwolves (without Jimmy Butler) and against the Cavs (even though the Cavs were playing on a back to back). Every other team they beat were at the bottom of the league. They played the difficult opponents at the start of the season which is why they were in 8-9th place until this easy stretch of the schedule.

You guys are falling for it again. Obviously whoever ends up in 3rd has an easier path than ever before, but I'm not scared of the 76ers at all, there is reason to fear LeBron who hasn't lost in the first round in 6-7 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'll take the Sixers. Everybody thought the Cavs were "vulnerable" last year especially after they gave up a 26 point lead to the Hawks in the 4th quarter late in the season. 

They went into the playoffs and almost swept to the finals. Things change when the playoffs start. No playing on back-to-backs, no trap games, it's all about who the best team is in a best of 7 games series.

The only impressive wins in the 76ers 15-game winning streak were against the Nuggets, Timberwolves (without Jimmy Butler) and against the Cavs (even though the Cavs were playing on a back to back). Every other team they beat were at the bottom of the league. They played the difficult opponents at the start of the season which is why they were in 8-9th place until this easy stretch of the schedule.

You guys are falling for it again. Obviously whoever ends up in 3rd has an easier path than ever before, but I'm not scared of the 76ers at all, there is reason to fear LeBron who hasn't lost in the first round in 6-7 years.

Has any other team this year won 15 straight?  Rockets maybe?  Even against "sub par" competition? 76ers also beat the Cavs without Embiid (who the Cavs have no answer for).  They must be doing something right.  They are young though, I will agree with you on that.  We'll see what happens, we can agree to disagree.