Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

One moment I look up and the Cavs are winning by five. The next moment I wake up and they are down 10...

Even if the Cavs lose tonight, if they beat Philly tomorrow they would have the tiebreaker over Philly and both would be at 31 loses. This whole thing is up in the air.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I’ve been alright man. Just been busy with work and getting all that together. Good time to be back haha

Yep Baseball is back and how about the surprising season the Pacers have gave us! I never seen this coming. I am with you regarding playing the Cavs, no way the NBA allows them to lose in Round 1. LeBron will get every call. I have been posting this for about a month now. I can see them losing in the ECFinals but Round 1 - no. I hope they beat Philly tomorrow and I never root for LeBron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep Baseball is back and how about the surprising season the Pacers have gave us! I never seen this coming. I am with you regarding playing the Cavs, no way the NBA allows them to lose in Round 1. LeBron will get every call. I have been posting this for about a month now. I can see them losing in the ECFinals but Round 1 - no. I hope they beat Philly tomorrow and I never root for LeBron.

This Pacers team is fun. It’s so much fun to root for this team. They play as a team. Great team basketball. A thing you don’t always see with most NBA teams. They were projected for 30 wins at the most and they’ve now got 47 wins. Nate McMillan should honestly get COTY votes. He won’t but it’s a great story from top to bottom. Pritchard has made all the right moves and this franchise is heading in the right direction. So glad diva PG is gone

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Washington was up 17 in the 4th quarter and they lose......119-115...

John Wall missed 2 shots and threw the ball away...in the final minute.

...We're pretty much 5th now.......and we'll open the playoff at Cleveland or Philadelphia on Sunday, April 15th

I hope it's Philly because LeBron can be down 20 in the 4th and still win haha. I am predicting it now if we draw Philly we will win in 6. No way Embiid will be 100%. Reggie had the same injury in 1996 and it didn't fully heal for a month. He played in the Playoffs and had to wear goggles. He wasn't the same, the Hawks led by Christian Laettner sent us packing lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope it's Philly because LeBron can be down 20 in the 4th and still win haha. I am predicting it now if we draw Philly we will win in 6. No way Embiid will be 100%. Reggie had the same injury in 1996 and it didn't fully heal for a month. He played in the Playoffs and had to wear goggles. He wasn't the same, the Hawks led by Christian Laettner sent us packing lmao 

Jon Wall just folded in the final minute...and they're going to be rewarded with being the 7uth seed..

CAVS end the season with 2 against the Knicks....we cant catch them

I agree about Embid....we can handle Simmons...Embid is a big dancing bear and if he is not able to go at us full force....they wont beat us home court or not..

They cant guard us on the perimeter......we steal the ball a lot and they turn it over a lot....

I wouldn't say the East is 'wide open' but we are one of the few healthy teams

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jon Wall just folded in the final minute...and they're going to be rewarded with being the 7uth seed..

CAVS end the season with 2 against the Knicks....we cant catch them

I agree about Embid....we can handle Simmons...Embid is a big dancing bear and if he is not able to go at us full force....they wont beat us home court or not..

They cant guard us on the perimeter......we steal the ball a lot and they turn it over a lot....

I wouldn't say the East is 'wide open' but we are one of the few healthy teams

The big game is tomorrow = Cavs at Philly. We will find out a lot after tomorrow. I am ok with 5th if we draw Philly. I think if Embiid was healthy it still would go 7 games and it would be a 50/50 series. I don't see Philly better than us. They are on a roll right now but have played garbage teams for 2 weeks now.

16 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

25%. I expected us not to have our legs. Hoping the Cavs can pull it out though.

I knew what percentage it was......26.2%  .its right here in the box score....

You take me too seriously soemtimes

Edited by oldunclemark

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

25%. I expected us not to have our legs. Hoping the Cavs can pull it out though.

in a 3-game, 4-night span....we played at Denver, at Toronto and at home against Golden State

On paper,we don't win any of those..

I'm happy with 1-out-of-3

76ers won 132-130......

Some dumb Sixer fouled LeBron intentionally in the act of shooting with the score 132-129...but LBJ missed the second of 3 FTs.....

...He missed the 3rd one intentionally and Larry Nance barely missed the tip in...Great game...

..and what I take out of it is from a Pacer standpoint........I'd be okay playing either team

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Crap!!! The Cavs almost completed the comeback but LeBron didn't make his clutch free throws like always. We're going to play the Cavs in the first round and get swept again.

We've debated this before....

I'm not afraid of THAT Cleveland team........LBJ's a great player but they don't have much defense

..Its not over yet but it looks like Pacers at Cleveland....Game 1 Sunday, April 15..

Toronto wins 92-73...but we didnt play any starter more than 24 minutes...

..and we played our entire second team at least 19 minutes....

That's what we need to do in the final 2 games.....play everybody seme but not much

after having somebody hurt most of the regular season, we are 100% healthy with 2 games to play

Edited by oldunclemark

55 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Toronto wins 92-73...but we didnt play any starter more than 24 minutes...

..and we played our entire second team at least 19 minutes....

That's what we need to do in the final 2 games.....play everybody seme but not much

after having somebody hurt most of the regular season, we are 100% healthy with 2 games to play

Time to rest guys we'd need Philly or the Cavs to lose 2 and us to win both to move up can't fall back regardless. We look to be the 5th question is who do we play? 

We won the season series vs both teams. I still think I'd rather see Philly. Although they are hot I didn't see this coming from them when Embid went down.

It's been a lot of JJ Redick 28 & 25 the last 2 games shooting 9/18 from 3. Its surprising how teams let the guy get up 3's you gotta make him put it on the floor. He can score off the bounce too but he'll kill you from deep.

The most frustrated I've been watching the Pacers this season is when we let him get up 12 threes  He hit 8 it was the only time we lost to Philly this season 

It's been debated in here on who some of us would like to play in Round 1. I didn't want to see want the Cavs because of LeBron, looks like that is who we are going to get. It's the weakest team LeBron has had since being back in Cleveland and they play Poor Defense. Having said that I still see no way the NBA REFS will allow the Cavs to lose in Round 1. Not saying it's rigged but they will give LeBron every little call, watch and see. He's the league's best player and too big of a draw to lose in Round 1. If we beat them, we will have to beat them and the REFS. We have a Good team and can compete with anyone so I don't think the Cavs will sweep us but I don't think we win that series. I see Cavs in 6. At this point we are basically stuck at the 5 so I would rest Oladipo, Turner, and Bogey. - no need to risk injury.

-No matter how the Playoffs turnout, we have had a Good season and won way more games than anyone thought we would. It's something to build on for the future. We have a team that is young and has Great chemistry. Out of everyone in the world that follows Basketball, I didn't see or hear anyone pick us to be a Top 5 team in the East and win 47 games. ESPN as a whole on average had us winning 32 games before the season.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's been debated in here on who some of us would like to play in Round 1. I didn't want to see want the Cavs because of LeBron, looks like that is who we are going to get. It's the weakest team LeBron has had since being back in Cleveland and they play Poor Defense. Having said that I still see no way the NBA REFS will allow the Cavs to lose in Round 1. Not saying it's rigged but they will give LeBron every little call, watch and see. He's the league's best player and too big of a draw to lose in Round 1. If we beat them, we will have to beat them and the REFS. We have a Good team and can compete with anyone so I don't think the Cavs will sweep us but I don't think we win that series. I see Cavs in 6. At this point we are basically stuck at the 5 so I would rest Oladipo, Turner, and Bogey. - no need to risk injury.

-No matter how the Playoffs turnout, we have had a Good season and won way more games than anyone thought we would. It's something to build on for the future. We have a team that is young and has Great chemistry. Out of everyone in the world that follows Basketball, I didn't see or hear anyone pick us to be a Top 5 team in the East and win 47 games. ESPN as a whole on average had us winning 32 games before the season.

Philly isn't a lock The Cavs have the Knicks home and home to close. They should win those two games. They hold the tiebreaker vs Philly so Philly has to win out.

They have winnable games The last one is the back end of a back to back vs the Bucks. That probably decides the 3 seed. A let down vs Dallas is possible.

The Sixers have not lost since we beat them in Philly March 15th. I think it'd be 16 in a row if they win out. They'd only beat 2 winning teams in that run but 16 games in a row is a lot. I certainly didn't see it coming. I still think they stumble in the last 3 the odds catch them if they pull it off and without Embid hats off. 

We have no reason to hang our heads ok well maybe a little after the performance in Toronto. We had the brutal schedule from March on and are looking at finishing 16-6. Many thought we'd struggle to get in or back in to the playoffs with that schedule  We had some nice wins in there.

The losses to ATL and Dallas back to back and the Boston give away jump out at me. We get 2 of those things are different. This team hasn't done things the easy way all season so I guess the 5 seed is fitting 

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Philly isn't a lock The Cavs have the Knicks home and home to close. They should win those two games. They hold the tiebreaker vs Philly so Philly has to win out.

They have winnable games The last one is the back end of a back to back vs the Bucks. That probably decides the 3 seed. A let down vs Dallas is possible.

The Sixers have not lost since we beat them in Philly March 15th. I think it'd be 16 in a row if they win out. They'd only beat 2 winning teams in that run but 16 games in a row is a lot. I certainly didn't see it coming. I still think they stumble in the last 3 the odds catch them if they pull it off and without Embid hats off. 

We have no reason to hang our heads ok well maybe a little after the performance in Toronto. We had the brutal schedule from March on and are looking at finishing 16-6. Many thought we'd struggle to get in or back in to the playoffs with that schedule  We had some nice wins in there.

The losses to ATL and Dallas back to back and the Boston give away jump out at me. We get 2 of those things are different. This team hasn't done things the easy way all season so I guess the 5 seed is fitting 

I thought with Philly winning last night they had the tiebreaker now over the Cavs? Am I wrong? Regarding us, the Toronto loss doesn't bother me. I knew we would have no legs and we are in the 5th spot no matter what anyway unless a miracle happens.

I just looked it up and the Cavs still own the tiebreaker. That changes a lot actually. Both teams went 2-2 Head to Head but the Cavs have a better Conference record. If the Cavs beat NY twice and Philly loses just 1 of their remaining 3 games, then the Cavs would move back to 3rd.

-I have to be honest, after last night the Cavs don't even deserve the 3rd spot. Came out and played like chumps in the 1st Half. They acted like they wanted to lose and wanted the 4th spot so I don't even care at this point who we play. It wouldn't surprise me if NY beat them once.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just looked it up and the Cavs still own the tiebreaker. That changes a lot actually. Both teams went 2-2 Head to Head but the Cavs have a better Conference record. If the Cavs beat NY twice and Philly loses just 1 of their remaining 3 games, then the Cavs would move back to 3rd.

-I have to be honest, after last night the Cavs don't even deserve the 3rd spot. Came out and played like chumps in the 1st Half. They acted like they wanted to lose and wanted the 4th spot so I don't even care at this point who we play. It wouldn't surprise me if NY beat them once.

You're coming around to my way of thinking....CBE

And as bad as the Cavs defense was in the first half Friday night....that's how bad the 76ers defense was in the 2nd half.     LBJ scored 44...but many of his points were uncontested layups and jump shots.

The Sixers remind me of an AAU team. A lot of 'stylin' and profile-lin'  but not a smart team at all defensively.

The door is open for us to advance in the playoffs and its a door that may not be open in future years....

I'll be very disappointed if we don't advance beyond the first round because we are the better team

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

Time to rest guys we'd need Philly or the Cavs to lose 2 and us to win both to move up can't fall back regardless. We look to be the 5th question is who do we play? 

We won the season series vs both teams. I still think I'd rather see Philly. Although they are hot I didn't see this coming from them when Embid went down.

It's been a lot of JJ Redick 28 & 25 the last 2 games shooting 9/18 from 3. Its surprising how teams let the guy get up 3's you gotta make him put it on the floor. He can score off the bounce too but he'll kill you from deep.

The most frustrated I've been watching the Pacers this season is when we let him get up 12 threes  He hit 8 it was the only time we lost to Philly this season 

I think we can cover the perimeter better than we did earlier in the year....I hope so...

....If we play the 76ers..I want to see who guards Victor...because it wont be Reddick or Bellinelli...

...and Ben Simmons sure didn't guard LeBron last night.......wasn't on him

Cavs are using Jeff Green and Larry Nance as centers and Vic and Darren Collison can get to the basket against them, too.

The teams that killed us...Detroit and Washington and Toronto...are not who we're going to play.

We have a lot of centers to throw at Embid and we have more than two guys to switch on LeBron...

I like either of these matchups

i dont want Cleveland even though they are beatable

lebron is going to spend a lot of time on the free throw line, and we could get into foul trouble 

they can pretty much get him to the line when ever they want, or he will just make the easy basket 

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You're coming around to my way of thinking....CBE

And as bad as the Cavs defense was in the first half Friday night....that's how bad the 76ers defense was in the 2nd half.     LBJ scored 44...but many of his points were uncontested layups and jump shots.

The Sixers remind me of an AAU team. A lot of 'stylin' and profile-lin'  but not a smart team at all defensively.

The door is open for us to advance in the playoffs and its a door that may not be open in future years....

I'll be very disappointed if we don't advance beyond the first round because we are the better team

I still would prefer playing Philly over the Cavs. Like Aaron said if we play the Cavs, Lebron will be getting guys in Foul trouble and shooting a ton of FT's. I just hate watching any series he's in because it's the same ol crap.

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we can cover the perimeter better than we did earlier in the year....I hope so...

....If we play the 76ers..I want to see who guards Victor...because it wont be Reddick or Bellinelli...

...and Ben Simmons sure didn't guard LeBron last night.......wasn't on him

Cavs are using Jeff Green and Larry Nance as centers and Vic and Darren Collison can get to the basket against them, too.

The teams that killed us...Detroit and Washington and Toronto...are not who we're going to play.

We have a lot of centers to throw at Embid and we have more than two guys to switch on LeBron...

I like either of these matchups

We didn't fair so badly vs Washington although we never saw them with Wall. They got us without Vic then snuck by when Sabonis and Myles were out. We had played the Raptors close too. We were 2-4 but none of the losses were by more then 7.  I get what you are saying those are the two teams most likely to give us problems. 

Philly would have to stick Simmons on Vic. They don't have anyone else who has a chance. I agree we will match up well with whoever sits 4th.

I've watched too many Pacers playoff games not to be a little concerned with officiating vs Cleveland. If Vic gets in foul trouble that's a problem and teams get out of their game when they feel like they aren't getting a fair shake. 

We could make a run. Boston is in trouble no Kyrie and Washington has looked bad. I think we are better then everyone else except the Raptors. It's the playoffs who knows what they'll do. 

The West is crazy as it stands right now first round has GS v OKC and Portland v SA heck even Minn v Houston could be interesting with Butler back Minn isn't your average 8 seed.

It can and probably will change as Utah 46-33 is the 4th seed. Then the 5-7 teams are all only a game back at 45-34 Minn in 8th is 45-35 only 1/2 game back. Denver could still sneak in they are 44-35. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

We didn't fair so badly vs Washington although we never saw them with Wall. They got us without Vic then snuck by when Sabonis and Myles were out. We had played the Raptors close too. We were 2-4 but none of the losses were by more then 7.  I get what you are saying those are the two teams most likely to give us problems. 

Philly would have to stick Simmons on Vic. They don't have anyone else who has a chance. I agree we will match up well with whoever sits 4th.

I've watched too many Pacers playoff games not to be a little concerned with officiating vs Cleveland. If Vic gets in foul trouble that's a problem and teams get out of their game when they feel like they aren't getting a fair shake. 

We could make a run. Boston is in trouble no Kyrie and Washington has looked bad. I think we are better then everyone else except the Raptors. It's the playoffs who knows what they'll do. 

The West is crazy as it stands right now first round has GS v OKC and Portland v SA heck even Minn v Houston could be interesting with Butler back Minn isn't your average 8 seed.

It can and probably will change as Utah 46-33 is the 4th seed. Then the 5-7 teams are all only a game back at 45-34 Minn in 8th is 45-35 only 1/2 game back. Denver could still sneak in they are 44-35. 

.Nothing that happened last year or in any preceding years has anything to do with this year. That's an 'absolute' of sports...and a sore spot with me.\

We do not resemble last years team and neither does Cleveland .  the 2018 Pacers match up well with the 2018 (post all-star break) Cavaliers

..and you may be right about Ben Simmons guarding Victor Oladipo...but I dont see him being successful at it.

And who guards Collison..? 

We can use a lot of people,,,Glenn, Lance...or Bogdonavich or even Thad Young against him.

Our problem is Embid....he can push our centers around