Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Washington lost again so they are now 41-34, Philly wont have Embiid for around a month. Things are looking Jimdandy for us.

That's too bad about Embid I hate to see anyone get injured The 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's too bad about Embid I hate to see anyone get injured The 

Me too, I want everyone healthy, hate to see any injuries to anyone. I think we could've beat them had they had Embiid. They still may come Playoff time but that is a serious injury that takes a month to heal at least.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Washington lost again so they are now 41-34, Philly wont have Embiid for around a month. Things are looking Jimdandy for us.

That's too bad about Embid I hate to see anyone get injured. That injury is probably going to be about like when we lost Dipo. They have a pretty easy schedule so maybe they can hold on to 5th. 

It looks like a 2 team race for 3rd now. Guys are dropping like flies hopefully we avoid all of that 

we are up 5 at halftime in Sactown need a good start to the 3rd. 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

That's too bad about Embid I hate to see anyone get injured. That injury is probably going to be about like when we lost Dipo. They have a pretty easy schedule so maybe they can hold on to 5th. 

It looks like a 2 team race for 3rd now. Guys are dropping like flies hopefully we avoid all of that 

we are up 5 at halftime in Sactown need a good start to the 3rd. 

The ideal matchup would be against Philly now having HCA, no way we lose that. I hope we get 4 and they get 5. Philly has the tiebreaker over Washington so they would really have to fold to fall to 6. Washington has 4 more losses.

Pacers win! 106-103. 11-1 in games decided by 3 points or less and 3-0 in OT games. See Ya Sacramento! Oladipo was sensational tonight! We are 14-1 overall in games decided by 3 points or less + the OT games we have won. That is an NBA record % wise in any season with at least 15 games involving games where it's 3 points or less and OT games. 14-1 = 93.3% winning %.

• Like 1

Heard about the Embiid news. I don't know when he'll actually be back but I still think there is a really good chance that the 76ers finish ahead of us. I think they will beat the Hawks both times, the Nets, and the Mavericks without Embiid.

It's going to come down to the games against the Cavs, Bucks, Pistons, and Hornets to determine if they could drop the games necessary for us to pass them.

These last six games will be key for the Pacers and it's not going to be easy going against two teams (Nuggets and Clippers) on the road who are fighting for playoff contention. Not to mention a more healthy Warrior team at home followed by a game at Toronto on a back-to-back.

This is going to be a very tight race.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Heard about the Embiid news. I don't know when he'll actually be back but I still think there is a really good chance that the 76ers finish ahead of us. I think they will beat the Hawks both times, the Nets, and the Mavericks without Embiid.

It's going to come down to the games against the Cavs, Bucks, Pistons, and Hornets to determine if they could drop the games necessary for us to pass them.

These last six games will be key for the Pacers and it's not going to be easy going against two teams (Nuggets and Clippers) on the road who are fighting for playoff contention. Not to mention a more healthy Warrior team at home followed by a game at Toronto on a back-to-back.

This is going to be a very tight race.

Yeah but lets say they still finish 4th and we finish 5th. Embiid is still doubtful for Round 1, even if he plays he wont be 100% with that injury. We will beat them without HCA if Embiid is out or not 100%.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but lets say they still finish 4th and we finish 5th. Embiid is still doubtful for Round 1, even if he plays he wont be 100% with that injury. We will beat them without HCA if Embiid is out or not 100%.

I'm convinced you are right....

The 76ers are (or were) doing well right now against a soft part of their schedule.....

..They will struggle without Embid..he opens everything up for them...

Simmons gets a lot of his offense off of the threat of Embid.....and I dont think Embid is going to be back in 2 weeks

With Washington losing at Detroit (what's up with that?) its pretty sure now that 3-4-5 are going to be Philadelphia, Cleveland and Indy in some order, right?

Milwaukee and Miami both won but there's only six games left.......We are 3, 4 or 5. Good times

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But what if they finish 3rd? They have a real shot to do so. Especially if the Pistons don't have Blake Griffin.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

But what if they finish 3rd? They have a real shot to do so. Especially if the Pistons don't have Blake Griffin.

It really depends on the Cavs too. The Cavs still have a game with Philly and Embiid is out. If the Cavs win that game, more than likely they end up 3rd. A lot can still happen so things are up in the air.

• Thanks 1

Philly is going to win tonight but they are playing Atlanta. Cavs may even lose, they are trailing NOP right now. If we do end up playing the Cavs we can give them a great series. I think it would go 7. I would have to favor them because of LeBron but it would be interesting. We still could actually finish 3rd and play Washington, so who knows?

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly is going to win tonight but they are playing Atlanta. Cavs may even lose, they are trailing NOP right now. If we do end up playing the Cavs we can give them a great series. I think it would go 7. I would have to favor them because of LeBron but it would be interesting. We still could actually finish 3rd and play Washington, so who knows?

NOLA just stepped back in the second half....and the Cavs are going to win....

Tristan Thompson played the best game I've seen him play this year.

Right now its 3.) Cleveland (46-30) ; 4.) Philadelphia (45-30) and us at 45-31

Cavs still have Toronto, Washington and Philadelphia.......but we still have Toronto and what eevr team Golden State wants to field.

Its still too close to call

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It really depends on the Cavs too. The Cavs still have a game with Philly and Embiid is out. If the Cavs win that game, more than likely they end up 3rd. A lot can still happen so things are up in the air.

Embid being hurt changes things.. for that head-to-head matchup

That's why I'm thinking...it'll end Cavs 3rd, 76ers 4th and us 5th..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Embid being hurt changes things.. for that head-to-head matchup

That's why I'm thinking...it'll end Cavs 3rd, 76ers 4th and us 5th..

I would take that considering Embiid may not even play in Round 1 or miss a game or 2. Even when he comes back he wont be 100%. I think we can win that series in 6.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take that considering Embiid may not even play in Round 1 or miss a game or 2. Even when he comes back he wont be 100%. I think we can win that series in 6.

I'm listening to a long post-game ESPN discussion of the upcoming Eastern Conference playoffs..

..and the Pacers aren't mentioned.

They didn't bad mouth us.

They just didnt mention us......

Just showed a list of next week's national TV games.....matchups with playoff ramifications.

..again..we aren't on...not one time...

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm listening to a long post-game ESPN discussion of the upcoming Eastern Conference playoffs..

..and the Pacers aren't mentioned.

They didn't bad mouth us.

They just didnt mention us......

Just showed a list of next week's national TV games.....matchups with playoff ramifications.

..again..we aren't on...not one time...

We finally got mentioned on ESPN earlier by Jalen Rose. Rose said if we play Philly and Embiid doesnt play or even misses a couple of games that the Pacers would beat them. Sad but it takes an injury to an opponents key player for us to even get mentioned. I think we can beat Washington or Philly IMO, we can take the Cavs 7 and make it interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We finally got mentioned on ESPN earlier by Jalen Rose. Rose said if we play Philly and Embiid doesnt play or even misses a couple of games that the Pacers would beat them. Sad but it takes an injury to an opponents key player for us to even get mentioned. I think we can beat Washington or Philly IMO, we can take the Cavs 7 and make it interesting.

George Hill was hurt for the Cavs....tonight..but it looked minor...

So many injuries.....this time of year..That;s why I'm hoping we expand our  rotation and use TJ Leaf, Joe Young and Al Jefferson...

I'm watching Notre Dame trying to beat No. 1 Connecticut with just 7 players..

..you just cant be injured at this point.....

Come on everyone has us finishing 5th? The talk was how tough out schedule was in March We could miss the playoffs or fall all the way to 8th.We are going to back in etc 

I told anyone who would listen to watch and they'd be surprised. Bogy is hitting again Myles found his game DC and GR3 were back. We had our best month vs our most challenging schedule.

You guys still don't believe We are finishing 3rd or 4th Philly would've had a hard time holding us off. Now with Embid out no way. They lose to the Hornets next time out. 

We are right now the 2/3 best team in the East. We take anyone but Toronto and maybe a healthy Cavs team. We just went 11-4 vs. 

the toughest schedule in the league  

If the Cavs slip and we will take 3rd. We won't see the Cavs or Raptors until the ECF.  That's what I'm looking at not 5th We are on 45 with 6 games left We are going to win 48 games minimum probably 49 maybe 50 Watch you'll be pleasantly surprised again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Come on everyone has us finishing 5th? The talk was how tough out schedule was in March We could miss the playoffs or fall all the way to 8th.We are going to back in etc 

I told anyone who would listen to watch and they'd be surprised. Bogy is hitting again Myles found his game DC and GR3 were back. We had our best month vs our most challenging schedule.

You guys still don't believe We are finishing 3rd or 4th Philly would've had a hard time holding us off. Now with Embid out no way. They lose to the Hornets next time out. 

We are right now the 2/3 best team in the East. We take anyone but Toronto and maybe a healthy Cavs team. We just went 11-4 vs. 

the toughest schedule in the league  

If the Cavs slip and we will take 3rd. We won't see the Cavs or Raptors until the ECF.  That's what I'm looking at not 5th We are on 45 with 6 games left We are going to win 48 games minimum probably 49 maybe 50 Watch you'll be pleasantly surprised again 

Really not sure where we will finish? It could be 3rd or it could be 5th. As of now it's a toss up. I think with our health we are in the best situation out us, Cavs, Philly, and Wizards which is key going into the Playoffs. Our health is much better than the Celtics too.

No Embiid or Saric and the 76ers still blow out the Hornets. 

The only three real legitimate shots at a loss for them now are against the Cavs (who will be playing the 76ers on a back to back), Pistons, and Bucks.

They might just end up in 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

No Embiid or Saric and the 76ers still blow out the Hornets. 

The only three real legitimate shots at a loss for them now are against the Cavs (who will be playing the 76ers on a back to back), Pistons, and Bucks.

They might just end up in 3rd.

Charlotte seemed to give up in the 3rd quarter didn't they?

Illyasova and Bellinelli help them a lot and those were late season pickups..

You're right.......I dont think we can catch them.

We're looking at Cleveland in the 4-5 series....

..and Toronto is slipping at the top...Boston may catch them and then the 4-5 winner plays Boston, not Toronto

We actually help Boston get the top seed if we win in Toronto next week. So does Cleveland...when they play Toronto

Just looked it up....Toronto has Boston, Cleveland, Indiana and Miami yet to play.

If Boston (53-23) wins at Toronto (55-21) Wednesday night they get the tiebreaker on the Raptors......and the Celtics are still probably going to be the top seed..

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just looked it up....Toronto has Boston, Cleveland, Indiana and Miami yet to play.

If Boston (53-23) wins at Toronto (55-21) Wednesday night they get the tiebreaker on the Raptors......and the Celtics are still probably going to be the top seed..

Everything is a crapshoot right now. Just glad we are a part of it. Part of this fun season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything is a crapshoot right now. Just glad we are a part of it. Part of this fun season.

Its still too close to call...Probably the best thing we can do in the final 6 games is simply not get anyone hurt. That's why id like to see us go deep into the bench today...

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

They are scoring in the paint way too much. We usually are good in that area and 3 pointers kill us...

I figured this game would be a pain because they are Good and still in the Playoff hunt + we just beat them. Our best Qtr is always the 3rd so it's far from over. Only down 4.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

51-50 at the half...

..again.....I wish we'd go deeper into the bench. especially in the first half....

..we don't need to be playing guys 38-40 minutes at this point....

Yeah I just hope nobody gets injured at this point. That would be a damn shame and a bad way to end the season. We are a team that needs everyone healthy. I would love to have HCA in Round 1 though. We need it against the LeBron/REFS if we play them.