Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I didn't even see Trevor Booker get hurt. Hopefully it's a minor ankle sprain and he is back for the playoffs.

We just can't keep all of our big guys healthy... at least we don't have 3 or 4 guys out like other teams.

I missed Booker getting hurt, too.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its all amazing......

Except for Myles, Thad and Joe Young, Lance, Glenn Robinson and Al Jefferson...

...everybody is new from last season....and we're going to end up something like 47-35...

Maybe even in the Top 4 with HCA in Round 1? Who would've thought that. I think Nate McMillan should be Coach of the Year. ESPN/TNT/NBA Network people had us winning 32-35 games and not even close to being a Playoff team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe even in the Top 4 with HCA in Round 1? Who would've thought that. I think Nate McMillan should be Coach of the Year. ESPN/TNT/NBA Network people had winning 32-35 games and not even close to being a Playoff team.

,,and 47-35 is a low-end call.....if we beat Sacramento

......If GSW is still without Steph we could beat them again at home next week..

,.and Charlotte is the final 2 games....

I'd like to see us play more of Joe Young, TJ Leaf and Big Al....but I'd also like to win more than we lose the rest of the way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I missed Booker getting hurt, too.....

I missed it too but I saw GR3 with the steal and the break away 360 dunk. It doesn't look like he ever hurt the ankle 

With a win vs Sacramento we will finish the month with a season best 11-4 record despite the tough schedule. We need to keep the W's coming if we are going to get home court in the 1st round. 

We are in a great spot. This is now are 3 team race for 3rd The Cavs are a 1/2 game up

on us and the Sixers but we hold the tiebreaker with both teams. We have this Kings Clip and Nugs road trip up next. We need all 3. 

52 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I missed it too but I saw GR3 with the steal and the break away 360 dunk. It doesn't look like he ever hurt the ankle 

With a win vs Sacramento we will finish the month with a season best 11-4 record despite the tough schedule. We need to keep the W's coming if we are going to get home court in the 1st round. 

We are in a great spot. This is now are 3 team race for 3rd The Cavs are a 1/2 game up

on us and the Sixers but we hold the tiebreaker with both teams. We have this Kings Clip and Nugs road trip up next. We need all 3. 

I think we can run the table if we get our heads out of our behinds and quit letting teams get big leads in the 1st Qtr. McMillian needs to get our guys coffee because we don't wake up until the 3rd Qtr.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we can run the table if we get our heads out of our behinds and quit letting teams get big leads in the 1st Qtr. McMillian needs to get our guys coffee because we don't wake up until the 3rd Qtr.

We won the game so no ones talking about it but we gave up 17 offensive rebounds yes 17. GS was +13 in total boards and we left points at the foul line. We aren't winning many games like that. Hopefully this was just a case of playing down to the level of GS's JV team.

It was good to see Vic looking

like an All Star He hit his shots and Bogy is heating back up Those 2 will obviously be big keys determining our SEE.

I think GR3 is going to be a difference maker going forward. His athleticism is coming back. He hit the sick jumper and then 360 dunk last night. The idea that he wouldn't be 100% this season is being put to rest. He's going to give our bench a big boost going into the playoffs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

We won the game so no ones talking about it but we gave up 17 offensive rebounds yes 17. GS was +13 in total boards and we left points at the foul line. We aren't winning many games like that. Hopefully this was just a case of playing down to the level of GS's JV team.

It was good to see Vic looking

like an All Star He hit his shots and Bogy is heating back up Those 2 will obviously be big keys determining our SEE.

I think GR3 is going to be a difference maker going forward. His athleticism is coming back. He hit the sick jumper and then 360 dunk last night. The idea that he wouldn't be 100% this season is being put to rest. He's going to give our bench a big boost going into the playoffs 

Yeah I think the Warriors had nearly 20 Offensive Boards, that is ridiculous. I posted running the table, I know that is an exaggeration but if we play focused we could go 5-2 or 6-1 definitely over the last 7. We play GS again and Curry wont be there for sure, we also play the Kings and the Hornets twice as well.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know the last 2x's we won the 1st quarter we lost the game to NO and Toronto. Maybe Nate is on to something. I'm kidding we are asking for trouble continually falling behind. 

We can't afford to give any games away if we are going to get home court 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I don't know the last 2x's we won the 1st quarter we lost the game to NO and Toronto. Maybe Nate is on to something. I'm kidding we are asking for trouble continually falling behind. 

Maybe he gives them coffee at halftime lmao , whatever he has been doing this year has worked thankfully.

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think the Warriors had nearly 20 Offensive Boards, that is ridiculous. I posted running the table, I know that is an exaggeration but if we play focused we could go 5-2 or 6-1 definitely over the last 7. We play GS again and Curry wont be there for sure, we also play the Kings and the Hornets twice as well.

The tough one is @ Toronto. We need to get the Kings and both Hornets games then 2-2 at Clips Nugs Raps and vs GS. That puts us on 49 wins and I think that number holds off Philly.

We get to 49 They would need to get 50 so a 7-2 finish. They have 4 road games 2 w/ATL Det and Char The only playoff teams on the schedule are home games vs Clev and Milwaukee.  I think they find a way to drop 3 They are due for a clunker maybe in NY tonight . 

Who knows what the Cavs do down the stretch Love is out again They have games vs 4 playoff teams: NO Tor Wash at home and at Philly.  We have a real shot at the 3 seed.

Out west Thomas is having another surgery Man talk about an injury costing a guy money. He was looking at a huge payday 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know many other teams have dealt with injury but I wonder what our record would be had Dipo not missed 6 games. We are 0-6 without him. Assume we would've been just 3-3 in those games, we would be 47-28 right now at worse and in 3rd comfortably.

That's tough to do. We are fortunate to only be without him for 6 games(knock on wood). He's only played more then 72 one time his rookie season he played 80. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's tough to do. We are fortunate to only be without him for 6 games(knock on wood). He's only played more then 72 one time his rookie season he played 80. 

I know we have been fortunate overall with not having injuries. I look at Boston and almost feel sorry for them. Brad Stevens has done a Great job with what he has had being in the 2 slot. If McMillan doesn't get Coach of the Year, Stevens should IMO. MDA from Houston is deserving too considering they have the best record. Snyder from Utah is another one. Utah lost Hayward and Hill to Free Agency and they still haven't missed a beat lmao. They look like they will make the Playoffs.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know we have been fortunate overall with not having injuries. I look at Boston and almost feel sorry for them. Brad Stevens has done a Great job with what he has had being in the 2 slot. If McMillan doesn't get Coach of the Year, Stevens should IMO. MDA from Houston is deserving too considering they have the best record. Snyder from Utah is another one. Utah lost Hayward and Hill to Free Agency and they still haven't missed a beat lmao. They look like they will make the Playoffs.

We had our share but not the big one. I'm watching this McDonalds All American game no IU kids Romeo is the only Indiana kid 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

There's no excuses but I think it is hard to get excited about playing somebody elses bench warmers..

I'd think we'll play much better at Sacramento because we're facing the guys we expect to see...

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

There's no excuses but I think it is hard to get excited about playing somebody elses bench warmers..

I'd think we'll play much better at Sacramento because we're facing the guys we expect to see...

I hope, sometimes we play bad against bad teams for some reason. I hope we come out focused from start to finish.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was watching it but the Cavs/Hornets are on the NBA Channel so I have it on that for now.

Cavs missing Love and Korver is still away from the team, too.

Frank Kaminsky looks good.....did we pick Myles Turner ahead of him or was he gone by the time we picked?

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah JR Smith is that annoying player as in, he only shows up when you really need the Cavs to lose lmao. He stinks for like 60 games a year but then steps up with like 7 3's in 1 game unexpectedly when the Cavs really need it.

Yeah...we needed a Cavs loss..

3-thru-5 still way too close to predict

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On the last day of the season it will probably come down to us needing a Cavs loss for seeding and LeBron will have a bad game but JR Smith will pump in 40 :rock:for the win!

Cavs have a game with the 76ers left..and we do have 2 with Charlotte

I knew Dell Curry (Steph's dad) was a very good player but I did not know he is Charlotte's all-time leading scorer

Steph is a great shooter but his dad was, too......He just didn't have Steph's dribbling ability

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I knew Dell Curry (Steph's dad) was a very good player but I did not know he is Charlotte's all-time leading scorer

Steph is a great shooter but his dad was, too......He just didn't have Steph's dribbling ability

Dell Curry was a Great shooter and a Good player. Everytime he shot I thought it was going in.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Those handles are what sets Steph apart from all the great shooters.