Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Toronto is deep and DeRozan is a Very Good player but I would put money on LeBron either sweeping or beating anyone in 5 they face in Round 1. Why would anyone want to face him in Round 1? We have all seen this story every year + the REFS always side with the Cavs. I would rather face them in the ECFinals because there is always a chance by then they may be tired or even have a key injury. Love is very injury prone.

Toronto literally GAVE UP last year against LeBron. They conceded. DeRozan' s exact words were "if we had LeBron on our team we would have won." 

Everybody knows that nobody wants to see LeBron especially in the first round. Mark does too deep down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its not the same Cleveland team...............Its not 2017.

..and its not the same Indiana team.

Suddenly you guys are so pessimistic!!!!!  Hurts my heart.

That has nothing to do with anything. LeBron is just as great as he's ever been and Love is healthy too. You have been pessimistic for weeks even doubting we would make the Playoffs. I have been the one saying we would make it easily. I don't think not wanting to play LeBron in Round 1 is being pessimistic at all, it's smart thinking. I would rather play him later in the Playoffs is all I am saying.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Toronto is deep and DeRozan is a Very Good player but I would put money on LeBron either sweeping or beating anyone in 5 they face in Round 1. Why would anyone want to face him in Round 1? We have all seen this story every year + the REFS always side with the Cavs. I would rather face them in the ECFinals because there is always a chance by then they may be tired or even have a key injury. Love is very injury prone.

wow..suddenly I'm the cheerleader and you're the mean old realist

Where is the guy who thought we'd sweep out 'nightmare' closing schedule??

Last year is last year. Cleveland is a poor defensive team and if we play them in the first round, they will not have time to practice and work on that.   We have two centres who are playing better than Tristan Thompson and LBJ cant guard Victor...  Too old.

I predict we will beat the Cavs if we see them in the 3-6 matchup......

LBJ cant beat us by himself  And when we stop Love..we'll get some love!!!

Like 'Bunny Bread'...That's what I said!!!!

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

wow..suddenly I'm the cheerleader and you're the mean old realist

Where is the guy who thought we'd seep out 'nightmare' closing schedule??

Last year is last year. Cleveland is a poor defensive team and if we play them in the first round, they will not have time to practice and work on that.   We have two centres who are playing better than Tristan Thompson and LBC cant guard Victor.

I predict we will beat the Cavs if we see them in the 3-6 matchup......

LBJ cant beat us by himself?  And when we stop Love..we'll get some love!!!

Like 'Bunny Bread'...That's what I said!!!!

You are under estimating the LeBron factor, why I have no clue. He is a Top 10 player of all-time and the face of the NBA. If you think he is losing to anyone in Round 1, then I have 20 acres of mud swamp I would love to sell you.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That has nothing to do with anything. LeBron is just as great as he's ever been and Love is healthy too. You have been pessimistic for weeks even doubting we would make the Playoffs. I have been the one saying we would make it easily. I don't think not wanting to play LeBron in Round 1 is being pessimistic at all, it's smart thinking. I would rather play him later in the Playoffs is all I am saying.

Just like it was 'smart' not to assume we would continue to win big against  our closing slate of games...

Which is all I said 2 weeks ago.

Come on man.... You must see the irony in the switch in our optimist/pessimist stances

Tell me you don't see it..

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are under estimating the LeBron factor, why I have no clue. He is a Top 10 player of all-time and the face of the NBA. If you think he is losing to anyone in Round 1, then I have 20 acres of mud swamp I would love to sell you.

I guess we should forfeit, then.    

.....What was it you called me 2 weeks ago??  'Debbie Downer' "    

That really hurt,. too!

'Pot'..meet 'kettle'    (Just don't call him black!!!)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just like it was 'smart' not to assume we would continue to win big against  our closing slate of games...

Which is all I said 2 weeks ago.

Come on man.... You must see the irony in the switch in our optimist/pessimist stances

Tell me you don't see it..

I don't see it. Because I knew for a fact we would make the Playoffs because we have a Good team. Not wanting to play LeBron in Round 1 is way different, JMO.

11 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Toronto literally GAVE UP last year against LeBron. They conceded. DeRozan' s exact words were "if we had LeBron on our team we would have won." 

Everybody knows that nobody wants to see LeBron especially in the first round. Mark does too deep down.

Last year, Blue..

Your own words...'Last Year'

Cavs are as bad defensvely as I have ever seen a  winning team

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see it. Because I knew for a fact we would make the Playoffs because we have a Good team. Not wanting to play LeBron in Round 1 is way different, JMO.

Yes you do...

Last week,, you said we could beat anybody..This week,.,.we might as well forfeit to the Cavs..

On a forum like this, it happens all the time.....Positions and stances shift as we become invested in our own arguments.

Its okay.

..I think we'll beat the Cavs. I predict we will because the matchup is favorable and they have defensive liabilities they cant correct in the short time between now and the East quaraterfinals..

Hold me to it...I'm not going anywhere

Edited by oldunclemark

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its not the same Cleveland team...............Its not 2017.

..and its not the same Indiana team.

Suddenly you guys are so pessimistic!!!!!  Hurts my heart.

We're pessimistic because we don't want to play a guy who dominates the Eastern conference every year, but you're not pessimistic for saying you don't want to play a team who consistently underperformed in the postseason??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Yes you do...

Last week,, you said we could beat anybody..This week,.,.we might as well forfeit to the Cavs..

On a forum like this, it happens all the time.....Positions and stances shift as we become invested in our own arguments.

Its okay.

Yes we can beat anybody but we have a better chance of beating Philly or Washington and it's doubtful LeBron loses in Round 1. You are a King at twisting things. Heck, 3 weeks ago you didn't even think we would make the Playoffs and was worried we would lose almost all of our last 20 games because of a brutal schedule, now you think we can beat LeBron. lmao 

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We're pessimistic because we don't want to play a guy who dominates the Eastern conference every year, but you're not pessimistic for saying you don't want to play a team who consistently underperformed in the postseason??

Last year..Blue

Indiana and Cleveland are bit drastically different personell-wise than they were in 2017.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes we can beat anybody but we have a better chance of beating Philly or Washington and it's doubtful LeBron loses in Round 1. You are a King at twisting things. Heck, 3 weeks ago you didn't even think we would make the Playoffs and was worried we would lose almost all of our last 20 games because of a brutal schedule, now you think we can beat LeBron. lmao 

None of the 20 was against the Cavs.

And, 'Mr. Twister'  you have switched from thinking we're the kings of the world 2 weeks ago to now suggesting we might as well forfeit to LeBron..because he's so awesome.

..and you still claim you don't see the irony there????

I see it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

and I thought the line about 'Bunny Bread' was funny....

I missed that but just went back and read it. Yeah that was good :thmup:. Glad to see your Optimistic again. I am 99% of the time but would just rather play the Cavs later in the Playoffs. I call it being cautious and smart not pessimistic. I have been bragging about our team since the All-Star break so I have been Mr Optimistic.

• Like 1

Why even worry about who we play in the playoffs?  It don't matter where the team seeds at they have to beat who ever in a series and advance. Sooner or later the top team meet so might as well get it on from the first series.

To be the best you have to beat the best. When you do it makes no difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why even worry about who we play in the playoffs?  It don't matter where the team seeds at they have to beat who ever in a series and advance. Sooner or later the top team meet so might as well get it on from the first series.

It's because if we play a team like the Cavs LeBron is older and could tire out by the ECFinals, Love is also injury prone so anything could happen. We get them early, they are fresh. We have a young team so health and endurance is on our side.

I missed that but just went back and read it. Yeah that was good :thmup:. Glad to see your Optimistic again. I am 99% of the time but would just rather the Cavs later in the Playoffs. I call it being cautious and smart not pessimistic. I have been bragging about our team since the All-Star break so I have been Mr Optimistic.

..so stand with me optimistically against the Cavs, man....Stop being cautious!

They are younger and faster and they get a lot more LOVE than we do,.

But we beat them 3-1 during the season..we have added.........another defender in Glenn...and another rebounder.

You know baseball and you play the same team seven times in the playoffs but its not new because you play the same tea 3 time in a a row during the season.

The NBA and NHL are the only places where you don't play the same team more than twice in the same week durng the season but you play them back-to-back 7 times in the post-season.

Consider.....

We can force them to play Tristan Thompson, who is a liability on offense...because we have Sabonis and Turner to tag team.

they will have to match up George Hill against Victor which means that JR and Clarkson will have to stay with Collison, who is having a top shelf year.

We don't have a LeBron-stopper but Bogan and Glenn and Lance can all play him on the perimiter and Thad Young is a good match for Kevin Love...So is Booker.

I actually think its a very good match for us..and like the '16th seed' that beat the '1' seed......al the pressure is on them

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

True..I just think that the Cavs are a team that was pieced together at the all-star break...

Lebron is great and he's played every game this year. I think he's he real MVP.

But he's not Michael Jordan.. He has lost in the post-season.......He cant do it alone

I agree with you about the other East teams but I'd like to play the Cavs immediately if we have to play them at all

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True..I just think that the Cavs are a team that was pieced together at the all-star break...

Lebron is great and he's played every game this year. I think he's he real MVP.

But he's not Michael Jordan.. He has lost in the post-season.......He cant do it alone

I agree with you about the other East teams but I'd like to play the Cavs immediately if we have to play them at all

All I care about is if we can finish in the top 4 just to open at home. Other than that I really don't care who we play.

If we cant open at home it's going to be a dog fight no matter where we play. This team is very good I just don't understand why we can't get a little love from any of the media.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All I care about is if we can finish in the top 4 just to open at home. Other than that I really don't care who we play.

If we cant open at home it's going to be a dog fight no matter where we play. This team is very good I just don't understand why we can't get a little love from any of the media.

I dont totally get it..

I know NBA TV can adjust their schedule  and its not like Victor and Lance arent watchable...

Since we played OKC on ESPN early in the year. I do not believe that one Indiana game has been on either ABC, ESPN or NBA-TV

There are games with Golden State and Toronto coming up.....I wonder if we'll be on

Selfishly I hope so...I cant watch every game up here..we don't get FOX Sports Indiana

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Top 2 .:peek:

Nah. Jordan, Magic, and Kareem were just as dominant at their positions and they even won more Championships. Had Magic played longer his Stats would be much more impressive, had to retire due to HIV. Kareem is the all-time leading Scorer in NBA History. We all know Jordan's resume.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Wilt. Kobe, Akeem, Kareem and Michael were better, weren't they?

To some people. For me, it’s just MJ ahead of him.

Glad you mentioned Olajuwon, though. Criminally underrated and I think, the best Center of all time.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah. Jordan, Magic, and Kareem were just as dominant at their positions and they even won more Championships. Had Magic played longer his Stats would be much more impressive, had to retire due to HIV. Kareem is the all-time leading Scorer in NBA History. We all know Jordan's resume.

All fantastic players as well. I think Lebron is better at playing the sport of basketball than all of them-except MJ.

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

I have LeBron maybe Top 5 (of course he's behind Jordan) but I have a tough time putting him ahead of guys like Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and even Kobe. To me LeBron is = to Larry Bird, Bird was actually a Better Shooter and Rebounder and has the same amount of Championships.

Well the eras have to be taken in context too.

Wilt was a giant among boys in his era. Plus positions can be also taken into account.

Opinions can vary just like with anything. Most people go with who they know or remember playing.

The list of great basketball players is unlimited in it's history.

See, I think Roger Brown needs to be in the talk as one of the greatest but he is never mentioned. He had that same killer mentality that MJ was known for.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Glad you mentioned Olajuwon, though. Criminally underrated and I think, the best Center of all time.

Wilt Chamberlian is the standard by what all centers must be judged..

His scoring numbers have never been approached even in the 3-point era.

..and he played 48 minutes a game for a year more than once..

The game has changed but time hasn't...48 minutes is 48 minutes...

He gets diminished cause you cant watch most of his best years and he's not around to talk about himself...(and he would have)

Edited by oldunclemark

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Wilt Chamberlian is the standard by what all centers must be judged..

His scoring numbers have never been approached even in the 3-point era.

..and he played 48 minutes a game for a year more than once..

The game has changed but time hasn't...48 minutes is 48 minutes...

He gets diminished case you cant watch most of his best years and he's not around to talk about himself...

Yeah, there is not even a tape of the game he scored 100 points. Sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wilt was a giant among boys in his era. Plus positions can be also taken into account.

Opinions can vary just like with anything. Most people go with who they know or remember playing.

See, I think Roger Brown needs to be in the talk as one of the greatest but he is never mentioned. He had that same killer mentality that MJ was known for.

I agree but a lot of people don't factor in ABA play when doing these lists. Reason why I always say LeBron is Top 10 because there have been like a million players. Anyone younger than 40 would probably put LeBron #2 but he wasn't better than Magic IMO. Magic had better court presence and was a better leader, etc.. I just know by watching. I would take Shaq in his prime over LeBron for example as well. Shaq won 3 straight Finals MVP's and averaged like 40 a game in the Finals in those 3 seasons.

• Thanks 1

I agree but a lot of people don't factor in ABA play when doing these lists. Reason why I always say LeBron is Top 10 because there have been like a million players. Anyone younger than 40 would probably put LeBron #2 but he wasn't better than Magic IMO. Magic had better court presence and was a better leader, etc.. I just know by watching. I would take Shaq in his prime over LeBron for example as well. Shaq won 3 straight Finals MVP's and averaged like 40 a game in the Finals in those 3 seasons.

We haven't even mentioned the big O either? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In my mind, you have judge guys like Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt , Oscar Robertson and Bob Pettit not in the context of what they do today...but in line with what they did against teams designing ways to stop them in an era of 3-games-in-3 nights.

Teams occasionally had 3 players guard Wilt and let everybody else shoot

Elgin Baylor was barely 6-foot-5 but his ability to hang in the air would have made him potent even today...

..and you couildnt get ther ball away from Oscar..he was like Chris Paul only much bigger

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shaquille O'Neal in his 20s was a man among boys as well..

BIg and fast and loved to run the court........theres no one like him now

Folks say Dr. J doesn't belong among the all-time best (Top-25) because they saw the NBA version of Dr. J.

In the ABA, he flew like Jordan again playing 3 gams in 3 or 4  nights