Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I know we can win this series I told you all we should not fear the Cavs we honestly shouldn't fear anyone in the east we struggle with Toronto but can also beat them if we play like i know we can play 

This is only 1 win and we need to take it one win at a time. It's a long journey and a fun one. Getting Game 1's are always huge, usually teams that do that win the series. The Media doesn't watch us and they know nothing about us and make fun of us too. After this series, their attitude will change.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I love this win. But I’d be shocked if the Cavs don’t win Game 2

LIG....I dont think the match up with us...

.....they dont have a defensive match for Oladipo unless its George Hill and George Hill is hurting.....he;s not 100% at all..

..and they have to get Kevin Love more than 8 shots but they also need LeBron to score more than just 24,...and those two needs contradict each other,

We didn't shoot well in game 1..what if we do?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is only 1 win and we need to take it one win at a time. It's a long journey and a fun one. Getting Game 1's are always huge, usually teams that do that win the series. The Media doesn't watch us and they know nothing about us and make fun of us too. After this series, their attitude will change.

This will be described as  a major surprise...something 'no one' thought could happen but that's only if you haven't watc hed the Pacers

Bogdonavich has guarded LBJ 5 times now..and he doesnt get run over..

.....They have not stopped Victor...probably because they don't have a 'lockdown' type guard defender

Lance plays like that half the time.and Collison is better than he showed in game one

Cavs have a lot of questions and 2 days to answer them.

This is the matchup we wanted

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron hasn't lost a Round 1 game since 2012! He had won 21 in a row. I guess the media thought we would lay down?

I think they did  ..but like Van Gundy said on the air..this was the first time he'd seen the Pacers in person all year and they have not been on national TV at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

This will be described as  a major surprise...something 'no one' thought could happen but that's only if you haven't watc hed the Pacers

Bogdonavich has guarded LBJ 5 times now..and he doesnt get run over..

.....They have not stopped Victor...probably because they don't have a 'lockdown' type guard defender

Lance plays like that half the time.and Collison is better than he showed in game one

Cavs have a lot of questions and 2 days to answer them.

This is the matchup we wanted

If we win Game 2, I would even be stunned haha. I am just happy to get Game 1, LeBron is one of the best ever and never loses games in Round 1.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but everyone wrote us off and even most of our fans I will not be that way I dont fear them and I know my team dont either 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We still could lose this, we are playing LeBron but I think now nobody can make fun of us. We showed we belong after today.

Even if we lose we still shouldn't fear them and we played like it too very proud of them 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah, If you scroll up I had us in 7. I was bashing the dumb butts in the media that was saying sweep too haha. ESPN should be a fun riot to watch tomorrow.

This media talk stuff is annoying. Who has time to care about that crap? Just enjoy the games and entertainment. It's just for fun. The media is meaningless to me, they trash Boston too with the injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nate Coach of the Year baby! Oladipo was soo impressive today. Turner came up huge too. If we get Game 2 get the brooms out!

He won't get coach of the year but he will be in the group.

Top seeds own these awards. Toronto, Houston and an outside shot of Stevens for coach of the year.

These awards are dumb tho, Stevens said he doesn't even want it. 

I hate to admit it, but Casey deserves it.

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

He won't get coach of the year but he will be in the group.

Top seeds own these awards. Toronto, Houston and an outside shot of Stevens for coach of the year.

These awards are dumb tho, Stevens said he doesn't even want it. 

I hate to admit it, but Casey deserves it.

Dont see how teams that were supposed to be good get the coaches that win coach of the year makes zero sense

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dont see how teams that were supposed to be good get the coaches that win coach of the year makes zero since 

I dont make the rules lol. We knew Harden would be good and he's MVP.

awards in team sports are overrated anyway.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I dont make the rules lol. We knew Harden would be good and he's MVP.

awards in team sports are overrated anyway.

Well yeah MVP makes sense but when a team that projects bad wins tons of games and makes the playoffs the coaches on those teams should win should be ours or Utah 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well yeah MVP makes sense but when a team that projects bad wins tons of games and makes the playoffs the coaches on those teams should win should be ours or Utah 

I despise the raptors but they are most improved this season to me. Casey deserves more props.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

This media talk stuff is annoying. Who has time to care about that crap? Just enjoy the games and entertainment. It's just for fun. The media is meaningless to me, they trash Boston too with the injuries.

No the media has crapped on us all year, I have seen it and everyone said we would get swept. How's that workin out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No the media has crapped on us all year, I have seen it and everyone said we would get swept. How's that workin out?

I don't really know.......I don't pay much attention to predictions anymore. Been very busy with the wedding coming up. Just watching a bit and chatting here and there for breaks.

I don't think you can automatically fault people for picking Cleveland though in a short series, history is usually what people go by with Lebron James. But people forget he did most of his heavy duty work the last few years with Kyrie Irving filling in scoring in bunches. Cleveland will have to find someone else to step up or else they might be done early this season. Lebron isn't young anymore either, so he can't do what he did back when he used to carry teams alone IMO to the finals. 

I have seen some though say this might be a long series due to match up issues Cleveland will have with Indy's athleticism. In fact my own fiance said this would not be an easy series for the Cavs since we went to Pacers/Celtics live and saw Indy play live.

Suddenly this has become the must watch series I think for the national fan. So if you wanted more attention, I think you got it now.

I actually don't even get into Lebron much anymore since I think more of his attention now is seriously politically focused and I get so tired of politics. 

With the awards stuff though, not even Stevens wants an award since he talked up other coaches who he thinks deserves it more. I think he is pushing it for Casey to be honest and he often mentioned him. Not sure why, but many really seem to want Casey to get recognition. I gather a lot of people respect Casey.

BTW coach of the year is not a most improved team award.

I think if the Pacers won an award it would have made more sense for Dipo to get MVP consideration.

I don't get why people get fixated on your coach lol. I think a lot of it is Oladipo. While with Boston, I think the engine is Brad Stevens who could even make a homeless man from Boston play well.

With the Pacers, when Dipo missed a few games this year, you all were toast.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't really know.......I don't pay much attention to predictions anymore. Been very busy with the wedding coming up. Just watching a bit and chatting here and there for breaks.

I don't think you can automatically fault people for picking Cleveland though in a short series, history is usually what people go by with Lebron James. But people forget he did most of his heavy duty work the last few years with Kyrie Irving filling in scoring in bunches. Cleveland will have to find someone else to step up or else they might be done early this season. Lebron isn't young anymore either, so he can't do what he did back when he used to carry teams alone IMO to the finals. 

I have seen some though say this might be a long series due to match up issues Cleveland will have with Indy's athleticism. In fact my own fiance said this would not be an easy series for the Cavs since we went to Pacers/Celtics live and saw Indy play live.

Suddenly this has become the must watch series I think for the national fan. So if you wanted more attention, I think you got it now.

I actually don't even get into Lebron much anymore since I think more of his attention now is seriously politically focused and I get so tired of politics. 

With the awards stuff though, not even Stevens wants an award since he talked up other coaches who he thinks deserves it more. I think he is pushing it for Casey to be honest and he often mentioned him. Not sure why, but many really seem to want Casey to get recognition. I gather a lot of people respect Casey.

Cleveland may still very well win. They should as they have they best player in the world but Indy proved they aren't a chump is all I am saying. People on ESPN were predicting sweep. I think now they need to apologize haha 

A post-game comment of note:

The difference between the LeBron of six years ago and the LeBron of today is: Six years ago, LeBron goes out and guards Victor Olidipo...He can no longer do that.

He can still guard forwards...but he hasn't got the quickness to guard top guards anymore.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A post-game comment of nte:

The difference between the LeBron of six years ago and the LeBron of today is: Six years ago, LeBron goes out and guards Victor Olidipo...He can no longer do that.

Hwe can still guar forwards...buy he hasn t got th

Now time to get greedy, get Game 2 and this stuff is over! They aren't winning here in Indy. The crowd will be insane if we are up 2-0.

• Like 1

I mean we were getting dissed like a HighSchool team by the local media and main media and just blew out one of GOAT's in Game 1, a guy who hasn't lost a Round 1 game in 6 years.

Lebron is due to have a shorter playoff run too maybe this year? How long can this last? He played every single game this year. I think based on history, we just assume his team will roll. But without Irving, who is going to step up to help him out? People forget how many 30 to 40 point games Irving had for the Cavs and the clutch late shots. 

I think Cleveland did overlook the Pacers maybe, but time will tell in the next game or two. O

I don't have high expectations for this season. Without Hayward/Irving I just hope Boston can get through this series and beat the ref favored Greek Freak. Just keep showing pride win or lose.

tenor.gif

My fiance jokes that Lebron is getting a fresh injection of HGH for game 2. lmaolmaolmao 

Now time to get greedy, get Game 2 and this stuff is over! They aren't winning here in Indy. The crowd will be insane if we are up 2-0.

If we can get Game 2....they wont be able to come back....

We can expect a very desperate team Wednesday night.....and I think we'll be ready

That should be the game of the year....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Lebron is due to have a shorter playoff run too maybe this year? How long can this last? He played every single game this year. I think based on history, we just assume his team will roll. But without Irving, who is going to step up to help him out? People forget how many 30 to 40 point games Irving had for the Cavs and the clutch late shots. 

I think Cleveland did overlook the Pacers maybe, but time will tell in the next game or two. O

I don't have high expectations for this season. Without Hayward/Irving I just hope Boston can get through this series and beat the ref favored Greek Freak. Just keep showing pride win or lose.

tenor.gif

My fiance jokes that Lebron is getting a fresh injection of HGH for game 2. lmaolmaolmao 

It's still far from over but I am just happy the Pacers don't look like the hill billys and chumps like everyone from ESPN thought they would lmao.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we can get Game 2....they wont be able to come back....

We can expect a very desperate team Wednesday night.....and I think we'll be ready

That should be the game of the year....

Lebron has legit had a #2 scorer for many years now. He had it in Miami and he had it with Irving in Cleveland.

Who is going to step up around Lebron if he is going to make postseason noise? JR Smith came the closest today with 15 points.

Kevin Love is not a guy you can depend on to always get hot. Not to mention he has anxiety attacks now.

George Hill SUCKS. I mean Cavs fans are mad since they said they wished they got Terry Rozier now in the Boston trade.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's still far from over but I am just happy the Pacers don't look like the hill billys and chumps like everyone from ESPN thought they would lmao.

Well it could be worse. I hear they speak about the Irving less Celtics like they are Boston high school.

37 minutes ago, Jules said:

BTW coach of the year is not a most improved team award.

I think if the Pacers won an award it would have made more sense for Dipo to get MVP consideration.

I don't get why people get fixated on your coach lol. I think a lot of it is Oladipo. While with Boston, I think the engine is Brad Stevens who could even make a homeless man from Boston play well.

With the Pacers, when Dipo missed a few games this year, you all were toast.

Dipo will easily get most improved player award I do think he should at least be in the running for MVP I know they wont acknowledge him tho 

• Like 3