Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Saw On Espn..

vinatierifan4

I've seen a bunch of ESPN analysts say that's what they expect Irsay to do, but I don't know that anyone has any information that he's done that.

Everyone on ESPN says Manning is gone from the Colts..

In discussions of where he will be next year..no one says Indy

many say he will never play again...

..but remember..again.....Manning staying in Indy just isnt a story..

Manning getting cut is a story line that will last for years...

Just watched SC, and the Manning segment (yes, he still has a segment on SC), and nothing was mentioned about Irsay and any request for PM to retire. Same old rehashed he said/he said, doctors announcements, is throwing three or four times a week, nerves not back, and on and on..... Mort was interviewed, and offereed nothing new. As has been the case for a long, long time. Mort said he thinks (his opinion) Irsay wants him to retire, but he is not reporting that Irsay has made a formal request to Manning to retire.

Unc,

This would be a perfect example of how to do a headline. I have the feeling if you would have started the thread it would have said "Irsay asks Manning to retire" as opposed to "Just saw on ESPN".

Can you see how that would be misleading.

Again I'm not picking on you, or anything just trying to make things more peacful for you.

Unc,

This would be a perfect example of how to do a headline. I have the feeling if you would have started the thread it would have said "Irsay asks Manning to retire" as opposed to "Just saw on ESPN".

Can you see how that would be misleading.

Again I'm not picking on you, or anything just trying to make things more peacful for you.

FJC..

"I'd have said 'ESPN asks Manning to retire..."

..and then I'd have put a lot of exclaimation points on it !!!!!!!

I hear you..and these are senistive times....but a lot of my posts are for entertainment purposes only..

I want a debate...

I have absoluetly no inside information..I'm not even in Indy...

.......Check my next thread

....MANNING LEAVES INDY....SORRY HE CANT COME BACK!!!!

STORY: NYG QB Eli Manning left indy Sunday night aftre the 41-27 win over New England...saying

he was sorry he wont ever come back to indy...for another Super Bowl..

(That's not misleading , is it?)

Exactly! Manning going to another team will fuel ESPN & other media just like Tebow did.And in their mind, thats whats best for the Media,the league, and the sponsors.

Don't think Irsay asked Manning to retire but based on Peyton's slow progress so far that's what I expect Peyton to do in the long run. I think if Irsay does draft Luck it will be proven to be the right decision because I have doubts Peyton will make it all the way back. Once again hope I am wrong but rehab can only go so far in nerve cases.

Don't think Irsay asked Manning to retire but based on Peyton's slow progress so far that's what I expect Peyton to do in the long run. I think if Irsay does draft Luck it will be proven to be the right decision because I have doubts Peyton will make it all the way back. Once again hope I am wrong but rehab can only go so far in nerve cases.

Peyton wont ever be his old 100% , he will have a new 100%. I'd still take a 85-90% PM. I hope he doesn't have a short Chad Pennington arm.

Peyton wont ever be his old 100% , he will have a new 100%. I'd still take a 85-90% PM. I hope he doesn't have a short Chad Pennington arm.

that's the best point...

Manng a dart thrower and we play indoors...

He doenst need 100% of the arm strangth that he had in his 20s...to play next season..

I wish I knew how he looked Tuesday night when he threw to some receivers

I don't think Peyton ever takes the field again at anything less than what he used to be. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree. A year off and some much needed repair and rehab could actually prolong his career and allow him to perform above what he has in the last few years. Remember, he has been playing with a bum neck for years. It is this possibility that has me steaming mad at the prospect of releasing him.

Add to this he will be 36, and history says some loss of skills/ability will happen anyway. So few 35+ year old QBs sustain performance levels. Can he? If anyone can, it could be PM. But even healthy there was a chance his play, arm strength, general physical abilities would start going soon. Elway, Favre, Warner, Gannon, and a few others were still exceptional into their late 30s. But it is rare.

I tend to agree. A year off and some much needed repair and rehab could actually prolong his career and allow him to perform above what he has in the last few years. Remember, he has been playing with a bum neck for years. It is this possibility that has me steaming mad at the prospect of releasing him.

I agree he could possibly recover but I still think it could be a year or more down the road. Don't think the Colts can chance it and wait that long while they pay those big QB salaries.

thought the thread was going to have a punchline.

An ESPN analyst walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says "wow neat, where'd you get that". The parrot replied "I found him standing by the highway off-ramp holding a sign that said Will lie about Manning for money".

And years and years and years if we don't win...

Add to this he will be 36, and history says some loss of skills/ability will happen anyway. So few 35+ year old QBs sustain performance levels. Can he? If anyone can, it could be PM. But even healthy there was a chance his play, arm strength, general physical abilities would start going soon. Elway, Favre, Warner, Gannon, and a few others were still exceptional into their late 30s. But it is rare.

He is coming off of a third neck surgery... I have serious doubts about Manning..

But.. Andrew Luck will fix that..

This aint your "dad's" Indy Colts.... THis edition just got "LUCKY"....

No we got lucky with Peyton, who's to say luck will strike twice...3 times if u count Elway

I just don't think the luck will be with us....

I mean were the Colts we don't need luck, we have Peyton...

No we got lucky with Peyton, who's to say luck will strike twice...3 times if u count Elway

I just don't think the luck will be with us....

I mean were the Colts we don't need luck, we have Peyton...

I love Peyton, and I have been on record as saying if healthy keep Manning and trade the #1pick.

I have had a change of heart.

Indy must draft Luck even if Manning is on the roster. Which he won't be.