Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Saw On Espn..

vinatierifan4

I'm pretty sure that taking Skip Bayless seriously is a sign that you're broken with reality.

It's a fairly good litmus test actually.

Thanks Jaric

I've been disappointed with some of my fellow Colts fans the past couple of days. Really disappointed

Coming unhinged because of something Skip says? Emotions are high but, this thing were fans want someones head on a stick, is just depressing

Thanks Jaric

I've been disappointed with some of my fellow Colts fans the past couple of days. Really disappointed

Coming unhinged because of something Skip says? Emotions are high but, this thing were fans want someones head on a stick, is just depressing

Yeah. Honestly though, people are just having a hard time dealing with the possibility that Manning might not be back. The media reports (and Manning and Irsay themselves) really aren't helping the situation by thrusting it in our faces 24/7.

Yeah. Honestly though, people are just having a hard time dealing with the possibility that Manning might not be back. The media reports (and Manning and Irsay themselves) really aren't helping the situation by thrusting it in our faces 24/7.

I suppose. But for me, it does not excuse the behavior I've seen here

I suppose. But for me, it does not excuse the behavior I've seen here

Not everyone deals with adversity in a positive manner. It's human nature to fear large changes like this. For most here, Manning at QB is all they've ever known.

You're right that it's not an excuse to behave badly, but it is (IMO at least) perfectly understandable.

Not everyone deals with adversity in a positive manner. It's human nature to fear large changes like this. For most here, Manning at QB is all they've ever known.

You're right that it's not an excuse to behave badly, but it is (IMO at least) perfectly understandable.

perhaps understandable. But I've been having to clean it up and suspend fans because of the way they are posting

So, depressing from my end.

perhaps understandable. But I've been having to clean it up and suspend fans because of the way they are posting

So, depressing from my end.

Yeah, I guess I don't have to read through every thread. I'm sure you're twice as fed up with hearing about Manning's neck as anyone here.

ESPN is Maureen's nemesis at this point I would imagine. Bringing down the ban hammer can't possibly be fun.

a lot of people are just confrontational and they get a thrill out of pushing people. they know this is an emotional subject and they target those with the most emotion knowing that they'll get the most reactions out of them.

I have a hard enough time letting go of Mathis or Wayne, but Manning is particularly hard. Not sure why some are in such a hurry to see PM gone. With so many eligable for FA, the cap equation is so staggering that no one could possibly speculate where we will be financially when all the dust clears after FA.

I'm a huge Luck fan. I hope we take him over RG3. Its a QB league, and you need more than one good starter. Running PM out of town and having one unproven QB as our only hope just doesn't seem to be a great business decision either. The fact that we still have no running game should be peoples real concern. Even if we got rid of PM and drafted Luck, hes not going to do well on 3rd and long if thats where we're at every series.

ESPN is Maureen's nemesis at this point I would imagine. Bringing down the ban hammer can't possibly be fun.

a lot of people are just confrontational and they get a thrill out of pushing people. they know this is an emotional subject and they target those with the most emotion knowing that they'll get the most reactions out of them.

I have a hard enough time letting go of Mathis or Wayne, but Manning is particularly hard. Not sure why some are in such a hurry to see PM gone. With so many eligable for FA, the cap equation is so staggering that no one could possibly speculate where we will be financially when all the dust clears after FA.

I'm a huge Luck fan. I hope we take him over RG3. Its a QB league, and you need more than one good starter. Running PM out of town and having one unproven QB as our only hope just doesn't seem to be a great business decision either. The fact that we still have no running game should be peoples real concern. Even if we got rid of PM and drafted Luck, hes not going to do well on 3rd and long if thats where we're at every series.

Nobody is running anyone out of town. Manning is a 36 year old football player, who has earned millions and millions of dollars for throwing a piece of leather or pig skin or whatever it is made of around a football pitch. He is also recuperating over a very serious sports injury and he may not be fit to play at the highest level again. If he is let go, it is hardly the end of the world.

We will do whatever we do, and take it from there. Maybe it's time for a young kid to get a shot at greatness. Peyton will be fine whatever happens.

I don't disagree with most of your post but I have seen the underlined part mentioned numerous times and I just don't get it. This is what is done in the NFL all the time and it is exactly what the Colts done with Manning back in '98. When you draft a QB with the talent that Luck has, then it is perfectly reasonable to start him from day one. Not that Im not for having him learn from Manning for a couple of seasons, but I realize that is very unlikely to happen.

I don't disagree with most of your post but I have seen the underlined part mentioned numerous times and I just don't get it. This is what is done in the NFL all the time and it is exactly what the Colts done with Manning back in '98. When you draft a QB with the talent that Luck has, then it is perfectly reasonable to start him from day one. Not that Im not for having him learn from Manning for a couple of seasons, but I realize that is very unlikely to happen.

Yes, if the aging QB never moves on, the team suffers. Successful NFL teams need to manage their pipeline of talent, and routinely refresh the old with the new.

In 1998, the Colts traded its relatively successful 34-year-old QB (JH) that had 10 years of pro football experience and started a rookie 22 year old QB (PM).

They opted to trade a known aging quantity with NFL experience for an unknown quantity, but highly-rated draft prospect to gain 12 years and the associated growing pains.

In 2012, the Colts have a similar, but not identical, situation. They have a successful 35-year-old QB (PM) that has 13 years of pro football experience (coming off of 3 neck surgeries with uncertain performance ability) and an opportunity to start a 22-year-old rookie QB (AL).

IMO, they should opt to release an aging QB with uncertain performance ability (due to nerve regeneration issue) with NFL experience for an unknown quantity, but highly-rated draft prospect to gain 13 years and the associated growing pains.

I'm all for cutting manning if he can't throw the ball or isn't even 93% of his former self. I'm not saying March 8th because Irsay has said that date could be pushed back (not an expert myself)

But let me define "running manning out of town"...

If Manning is healthy enough to replace Alex Smith but not healthy enough to tutor/mentor Andrew Luck than IN MY OPINION ihe is being run out of town.

Thanks Jaric

If ESPN was a poster, they would be suspended for spreading rumors! I feel your pain.

I'm all for cutting manning if he can't throw the ball or isn't even 93% of his former self. I'm not saying March 8th because Irsay has said that date could be pushed back (not an expert myself)

But let me define "running manning out of town"...

If Manning is healthy enough to replace Alex Smith but not healthy enough to tutor/mentor Andrew Luck than IN MY OPINION ihe is being run out of town.

Salary Cap suicide if we don't forego the 28m hit. Hardly running him out of town.......