Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Cleared

Blackhawk4

Here's what John Clayton posted on his twitter about hour ago:

While Peyton Manning remains optimistic about his return, people in the Colts org. aren't as certain because of nerve in neck and triceps

...whos John Clayton???

cause i have a real life doctor saying Peyton could play on Sunday if he wanted to

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That is huge. Can't grip the ball at times? He still has a long way to go IMO. Just my opinion. Don't freak out. I still hope like crazy Peyton can play again but I still think it's not going to be here. Colts can't afford to wait a year or more to see how it pans out.

When has Lac Canfora said anything that turns out right? Last year he said he had inside info Peyton wants to make $25 million a year.

Yes, but it is still being said that the nerve is not regenerating meaning he is not able to build that arm strength. He is able to make 30 throws in an afternoon right now. The question that looms is can he make the 1000 throws per week that he will need to.

He went through a 37 play script after practice back in Week 15 so I am not sure where you are pulling the 30 throws an afternoon figure from...

...whos John Clayton???

cause i have a real life doctor saying Peyton could play on Sunday if he wanted to

Thats what I've been saying. If the doctors is saying he could play on Sunday, then he can. Why would they clear him to play on Sunday if they feel he couldn't do so?

Thats what I've been saying. If the doctors is saying he could play on Sunday, then he can. Why would they clear him to play on Sunday if they feel he couldn't do so?

Are you guys not reading the earlier posts in this thread? It's been said over and over that he's been cleared from a safety standpoint not a performance standpoint. If reports are true that's why the Colts FO isn't putting much stock in today's breaking Manning news.

When has Lac Canfora said anything that turns out right? Last year he said he had inside info Peyton wants to make $25 million a year.

Well, I'm certainly with you there. He seems like he despises Manning... However, this was what he said the Colts PR people told him. Not exactly LaCanfora's words, then, but from straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. (No pun intended, by the way.) :)

Well, I'm certainly with you there. He seems like he despises Manning... However, this was what he said the Colts PR people told him. Not exactly LaCanfora's words, then, but from straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. (No pun intended, by the way.) :)

Bill's PR told me I'm the next QB. Just because Jason has a mouth in the actual media doesn't mean he is telling the truth.

http://espn.go.com/n...play-right-away

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck is willing to learn from Peyton Manning. He just wants everyone to know he's ready to play next season, too.

The Stanford quarterback said Thursday he could co-exist as Manning's teammate even though his preference would be to play immediately."

The guy adam noucateri who supposedly have been following the interview should read this lol.... the other article made it sound like thats all he said

The guy adam noucateri who supposedly have been following the interview should read this lol.... the other article made it sound like thats all he said

All players preference is to play and not sit. Thats just human nature. However, he did say he could co-exist as Manning's teammate and take it as a learning experience.

If they're reporting breaking news, then they really aren't trying to tell lies. They're just trying to be first, then accurate. Hopefully it pans out to be both. They (reputable news sources) try to get insiders to leak so they can have credit for spilling the beans first. They don't want to be on record as always being wrong because they know the stigma will stick and nobody would be leive in any story, accurate or not from then on. OTOH, sports opinion shows are fluff, and polarizing sides are chosen to generate the ire of people and drive up ratings, which drive up ad revenue.

http://espn.go.com/n...play-right-away

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck is willing to learn from Peyton Manning. He just wants everyone to know he's ready to play next season, too.

The Stanford quarterback said Thursday he could co-exist as Manning's teammate even though his preference would be to play immediately."

Brilliant news. Luck with Manning then, the combo I've been calling for for ages.

...whos John Clayton???

Clayton is right.

peyton is cleared to play, yes.

However, he wouldn't be able to be productive unless he's handing the ball off or throwing screens.

Even manning today said he didn't know long long it would be until he could play at "an acceptable level".

The nerve hasn't fully or nearly fully regenerated. the feeling from the neck to the tricep still isn't there. Atrophy has set in.

There is STILL a long way to go.

Just because he's cleared to play doesn't mean its realistic to lead the offense.

My personal opinion/guess is that the Colts don't want Manning to get better. They want him to retire and get out of the way. They don't want him to be QB next year and don't want him to be QB elsewhere either. Again, that's my guess, but it would be the easiest thing to deal with.

That's not a very good attitude to have, you have to take on the challenge!

Brilliant news. Luck with Manning then, the combo I've been calling for for ages.

That's what I am hoping for but I am not counting my chickens before my eggs hatch. I think this just means Peyton's neck is good to go. I think the real issue is the nerves and that issue sounds like it still remains and till that is healed it doesn't matter how good his neck is he's not playing.

This is great news!

I read today on the ESPN ticker that Irsay said the deadline could actually be pushed back if both sides agreed.

Maybe they will do it now that the medical side isnt an issue.

Looks like 18 just might be coming back to Indy! Cautiously optimistic.

Ive been saying for a while that if peyton stays luck isnt coming here.. here's what luck said when he came to indy today:

With speculation swirling about Manning's future, his presumed successor -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, expected to be taken by the Colts with the No. 1 pick -- came to town and told reporters he wants to start immediately.

Every player who gets drafted wants to start right away.

Even if he did say that it means precisely nothing.

a.If they keep Manning and trade luck and then Manning gets injured people will say "I told you so for 15 years"

b.If they keep Luck and trade Manning and Manning has previous level of success people will say "I told you so 3-4 years"

c.If they keep both, Luck will probably hold out most of camp. people will hold their breath every time Manning falls down.

I'll take option C but, this is so complicated . Jim Irsay is juggling porcupines on a high wire with a pool of sharks below him, of course he owns the Colts, advantage:Irsay

Were they screens? 10 yards, 20?, 30?, bombs? under-handed?

It doesn't really mean much without details. just like all the other info.

Point of my original statement being, he has to be able to make a lot of throws per week and therefore needs the arm strength. Pointing out that the arm strength related to nerve regeneration was the concern, not the neck. They medically cleared him to play.....being cleared and being capable are two different things.

Point of my original statement being, he has to be able to make a lot of throws per week and therefore needs the arm strength. Pointing out that the arm strength related to nerve regeneration was the concern, not the neck. They medically cleared him to play.....being cleared and being capable are two different things.

I wasn't attacking you or debating, i was curious if you heard the "type" of throws he was making.