Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm actually rather impressed

twfish

Despite what the scoreboard says I thought they played alot better than what I had imagined. Especially considering the past 2 times we've played them we got utterly killed. With luck we would have won that game. Heck I still think Morris could have atleast got one of those goal line touchdowns. Maybe I'm a Homer but I'm just impressed that with a back up qb that if they could have scored on the goal line they would have been in it and who knows how it would have gone from there if they had a little streak inside them. Just thought a non negative thread not declaring fire everone would be a change of pace.

I wouldn't say we would've won without a doubt with Luck. The main reason being Pagano seems to coach much differently without Luck. He's much more aggressive and takes a lot more risks.

They could've won with Luck, they definitely could've, but I think we would've seen a drastically different kind of gameplan from Pags had Luck been out there.

I think the O played as well as they could missing Luck, 2 OL starters and TY for probably most of the 2nd half.

The D was awful, but they had people dropping like flies with injuries and were up against one of the better offenses in the league. Davis was pretty badly hurt coming in and didn't manage to make the end of the game. We missed Geathers hugely against the outside runs.

Tolzein hung in there on a few days notice against a tough defense. Tough kid.  Earned some big respect from me.

Although I think Pitt definitely took their feet off the peddle towards the end. We looked like an injured horse in need of a mercy kill by the end of the game.  

I agree, considering the amount of key injuries we had, the scoreline didn't reflect the fact that we actually played fairly well. Some better execution by the offence and the score would have been a lot more respectable. 

I don't think we would have won the game with Andrew but it wasn't as bad as some on here would make out (although it never is!). 

18 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I think the O played as well as they could missing Luck, 2 OL starters and TY for probably most of the 2nd half.

The D was awful, but they had people dropping like flies with injuries and were up against one of the better offenses in the league. Davis was pretty badly hurt coming in and didn't manage to make the end of the game. We missed Geathers hugely against the outside runs.

Tolzein hung in there on a few days notice against a tough defense. Tough kid.  Earned some big respect from me.

Although I think Pitt definitely took their feet off the peddle towards the end. We looked like an injured horse in need of a mercy kill by the end of the game.  

Good post, Tolzein earned some respect from me with his toughness and I thought he made some pretty good plays.  

As you said the D was terrible, yeah there were injuries, but it just goes to show the defense has no depth.   I actually think Pittsburg took their feet off the peddle in the first of the second half, then finally went in for the kill with the TD in the fourth quarter.  

But unlike recent Steelers/Colts games, at least this team was still in it during the 3rd quarter, felt like more of a game until the Steelers last TD.  

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I wouldn't say we would've won without a doubt with Luck. The main reason being Pagano seems to coach much differently without Luck. He's much more aggressive and takes a lot more risks.

They could've won with Luck, they definitely could've, but I think we would've seen a drastically different kind of gameplan from Pags had Luck been out there.

I think with luck we would have targeted the weak link to the steelers defense and that is their secondary but its not the end of the world but the season isn't over just yet.

3 hours ago, twfish said:

Despite what the scoreboard says I thought they played alot better than what I had imagined. Especially considering the past 2 times we've played them we got utterly killed. With luck we would have won that game. Heck I still think Morris could have atleast got one of those goal line touchdowns. Maybe I'm a Homer but I'm just impressed that with a back up qb that if they could have scored on the goal line they would have been in it and who knows how it would have gone from there if they had a little streak inside them. Just thought a non negative thread not declaring fire everone would be a change of pace.

I like your point about Morris. I know it's not the norm in football but situational use of qbs might be a good innovation. 

When we were down on the 2 yardline, we tried the wildcat. So we are willing to try special plays. Down near the goal line why not go with Morris at qb with his dual threat running ability. Tolzein tried to run it in once on both occasions. He failed both times. Morris might well have succeeded. Just a thought.

5 hours ago, deedub75 said:

People keep forgetting that this regime is the reason why Luck didn't play. 

There's always an excuse man. Things can never just BE.

There was pages on why the 4th and 1 play wasn't a bad play....Pagano and co could go 0-16 and it wouldn't be anyone's fault.

8 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

I like your point about Morris. I know it's not the norm in football but situational use of qbs might be a good innovation. 

When we were down on the 2 yardline, we tried the wildcat. So we are willing to try special plays. Down near the goal line why not go with Morris at qb with his dual threat running ability. Tolzein tried to run it in once on both occasions. He failed both times. Morris might well have succeeded. Just a thought.

When did we know Luck was on concussion protocol? A gadget play for the PS QB is something only fans are thinking about. 

I dont even think Morris would have done as well as Tolzien. I could literally tell Tozien knew the offense inside and out. No matter what defensive look they came with he knew where to go with the football. I'm not certain Morris is at that point although i do like him and he did have a good preseason.

I think Scott played ok with all things being considered but the Steelers came into the game missing a lot of key players also. I for one don't put too much stock in the score of this game because this was a 5-5 Steeler team coming in that many were questioning but I do believe that if Luck had played he would have beaten THIS version of the Steelers...