Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Game: Scott Tolzien (Merge)

RollerColt

Scott Tolzien. I would like to formally apologize to you. I believed we would lose this game due to Andrew being out, but I was wrong. 

We lost because as a team, we literally dropped the ball.

Scott, you put your heart out there and took hit after hit and still managed to push the ball downfield. This loss was not on you. You were the better player on the Colts side, besides Pat. Hats off to you for going out there and at least giving our team a chance. 

Continue to surprise people, Mr. Tolzien. I'll be eating crow for leftovers tomorrow while licking my wounds from witnessing another loss at the hands of my immortal enemies the Steelers. 

Sincerely, 

Eric

I thought he played well.

He had 2 interceptions and one TD..

...some yards were lost to drops....

But I like the way he ran the team.  No bobbled snaps or false starts. He wasnt afraid. He made a couple of bad throws under pressure.

He isn't Andrew Luck. But, as a backup, we have a good one.

Your thoughts.

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Scott Tolzien. I would like to formally apologize to you. I believed we would lose this game due to Andrew being out, but I was wrong. 

We lost because as a team, we literally dropped the ball.

Scott, you put your heart out there and took hit after hit and still managed to push the ball downfield. This loss was not on you. You were the better player on the Colts side, besides Pat. Hats off to you for going out there and at least giving our team a chance. 

Continue to surprise people, Mr. Tolzien. I'll be eating crow for leftovers tomorrow while licking my wounds from witnessing another loss at the hands of my immortal enemies the Steelers. 

Sincerely, 

Eric

Same thing here. I was totally wrong to not give Tolzien a chance. He was a total surprise to me how well he handled the offense.

Scott played... like a backup QB.

A lot of bad over-throws. 

Poor red-zone decisions. Going head first towards the end zone. Why? He might have a concussion for all we know.

Two interceptions - not good.

I thought Matt Hasselbeck of 2015 would have been better for this team.

Yep. Hats off. Not gonna lie, after the first series (if you can even call it that haha) I thought Tolzien was cooked. He got better as the game wore on.

His 2 picks.......I mean one was on a deep ball when the team desperately needed points. The other was in garbage time with the game essentially over.

He hung in there. And took some hits too. He wasn't great by any means, but this loss isn't on him at all.

It woulda helped if the WRs didn't suck tonight and if Gore could get some more running room.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Poor red-zone decisions. Going head first towards the end zone. Why? Very dangerous.

What game were you watching?

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Poor red-zone decisions. Going head first towards the end zone. Why? He might have a concussion for all we know.

I would say that going head first towards the goal line is a positive, not a negative.

Why? he was trying to score...and lead his team to an upset win in the only game he was going to play.

But, yes, he played like a backup...a competent backup

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I would say that going head first towards the goal line is a positive, not a negative.

Why? he was trying to score...and lead his team to an upset win in the only game he was going to play.

But, yes, he played like a backup...a competent backup

He never reached out with the football to cross the white line. 

Just now, MTC said:

I think that's a positive....Too many risk losing the ball near the goal line.

I wanted him to go for the line there...we needed those scores...he just was stopped short.

Again..he wasn't better than average...he was capable..decent. Tried hard. Ran the team competently without dropped snaps, false starts.,.,.no confusion forcing him to call time out.

He was OK

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

It looked like he tripped a bit. I'd venture to say even if there wasn't a defender there to block him, he would have been short of the endzone. He would have had to scoot forward after falling down to pick up the TD, assuming he wouldn't get touched while he's down.

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Wow, so many want to tuck their sack between their taint

on here...what a joke!

Well its hard to win when theres 2 dropped TDs even if your QB was Steve Young or Joe Montana.

This game was absolutely winnable, but I don't know if Luck playing would've made em catch the football. 

8 minutes ago, MTC said:

Oh yeah? Tell all the positives from Hasslebecks 50 burger loss against Pitt last year. Youre full of it

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Well its hard to win when theres 2 dropped TDs even if your QB was Steve Young or Joe Montana.

This game was absolutely winnable, but I don't know if Luck playing would've made em catch the football. 

Very true

the Colts had chances to score

Well, the Steelers secondary (and defense in general) is significantly worse to start. There is a reason Steelers were 5-5 entering the game.

Hasselbeck was good at the short passes/screens (Tolzien wasn't as he could only succeed with the mid-range). 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Oh yeah? Tell all the positives from Hasslebecks 50 burger loss against Pitt last year. Youre full of it

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont remember him playing for GB 3 years ago and I never saw him at Wisconsin.

So I had no idea.

He was a competent NFL backup QB...

The guy knows the offense inside and out and you can tell it. The "Stars" let him down. Every last one of them.

Tolzein's ints were more of a product of circumstance than anything. Down 21 with like 9 mins left in the game. He was fine otherwise. 1st series was bad. 2nd one had a bad overthrow. Everything else was him making great deep throws which the WRs were all too ready to drop. We could've won. Scott did what he could. This was the team being garbage, not him. 

He played just about as good as I expected. He missed a couple throws. He was under constant attack but still stood tall and delivered a 61 percent completion %. All things considered a decent game. I think we have our back up QB long term. Glad to see he is signed through 2017