Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The only players on offense worth keeping

YourNextGM

Threads like these amaze me.

We have people bemoaning Grigson for the drafting and FA work he has done over the last few years and then you get posters who believe we should get rid of 90% of our roster and then let Grigs loose to stock us up with pro bowl players in every position, bearing in mind the cap space we will have left having released our 40/45 guys!

Nonsense thread.  Why not start by stating some specific players you would let go and see what others think rather than starting a thread that has more focussed on the ridiculousness of the suggestion?

On 10/30/2016 at 6:07 PM, threeflight said:

Luck

Kelly

Doyle

Hilton

Moncrief

Dorsett (yes I know)

Defense?

Davis

Anderson

Everyone else I am meh about it.

I would add Mewhort on Offense and possibly Green and Edwin Jackson on defense (Both could develop into really solid players). Other than that I totally agree with this.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Didn't he miss time his second year with a toe injury at one point? And he's usually banged up to some degree even if he's playing. But If I'm wrong then I stand corrected and will retract that statement.

His NFL.com profile shows that he played in all 16 games his first 2 seasons:

http://www.nfl.com/player/dontemoncrief/2543614/profile

Costanza I feel just needs moved to the right side. Saying that I can't really see how you upgrade that position immediately. Dorsett is kind of a hot button for me in the sense that what do you want from the guy? He is not utilized in the way that he should be. Getting him the ball in space so he can use his speed. Instead they use him as a burner and not much else. Lastly he is the #3 reciever. Luck barely has time to come off his initial read let alone time enough to get to his third and fourth. These are all reasons for him underperforming. Say for instance take a team like the pats, who have great coaching personnel and good pass protection. If you put Dorsett on a team like that I really believe he would be a game breaker. He's a second year reciever who missed some time last year. Allen is the one who I really feel we need to shop. We need draft picks and Doyle is by far superior to him in a lot of aspects. I know we wouldn't get much for him but we really wouldn't lose anything either. Kelly is going to be a beast anchor. We really aren't that far off guys. Our defense would be serviceable with a pass rush and a LB or two. That really is the majority of the problem. Hard to ask corners to cover that long. We really need to nail this draft and maybe get a cover LB in free agency. This draft could be the most important in the Luck era. I just hope Grigson can do it. Because let's be honest he isn't going anywhere. I'm not a Homer but I am an optimist I guess.

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

I guess I would take Geathers as well but Butler is a bit too injury prone IMO.

Eh, he actually gets interceptions though, unlike the rest of the secondary. And I would argue that he's also been one of the healthier members of the secondary this season, including Vontae Davis. 

On 10/30/2016 at 5:09 PM, 21isSuperman said:

When your first sentence is "Luck is overrated", you lose credibility.

I knew it was going to be said as soon as I read the headline. He is everything but overrated are these guys on something or them just not watching the same game as me. If Tom Brady was in this offense he'd be on injured reserve by now. The o-line is inexperienced and no running game to speak of. What do you want him to do that he doesn't do.  

On 11/8/2016 at 1:15 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Why wouldn't we want to keep Butler or Geathers? 

butler will be a free agent this off season and 31 on opening day next year.  not many corners get new contracts in their 30s

i guess safety could be an option

On 10/30/2016 at 3:43 PM, YourNextGM said:

Luck(I guess. Highly overrated ) 

TY(soft,  but is a playmaker) 

Ryan Kelly 

Mewhort

Jack Doyle

Moncreif and Dorsett are 2 of the most useless/overrated players in the league.  

Flip some of these guys for help on D.  

Luck- Manziel can take his place?

TY- T Owens will come out of retirement to take his place?

Moncrief and Dorsett can get cut and we can start Rodgers and Bray?   Sound like a plan?  I think our offense will be much improved if this happens!

On November 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM, WarGhost21 said:

On November 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM, WarGhost21 said:

haha you would take green over geathers?  Green is terrible

On 11/8/2016 at 6:10 AM, indyagent17 said:

Luck is having a great year and Moncrief is fantastic. Dorsett has speed and is finding his way with big catches lately. We do need a RT because Haeg is more suited to guard.  Good and Clark are not there yet so dont be surprised if we take a OT in the first two rounds

Not only will we not take an OT in the first two rounds,  I'll make a gentleman's bet with you that we don't take an OT or ANY OL in the entire draft.      Not one. 

The OT for 2017 was drafted in 2016,  his name is LeRaven Clark.     That's our 2017 offensive lineman draft pick.

• Nadine locked this topic