Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen OUT multiple weeks

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

We just have to keep playing and see where this thing ends up.

Here's another thing that will effect the Texans.  Kevin Johnson to me is their best shutdown corner.  Now he's on IR:

texans-35.png  Texans | Kevin Johnson expected to land on IR    Mon Oct 17, 03:47 PM

Updating a previous story, Texans CB Kevin Johnson (foot) is expected to be placed on the Reserved/Injured list sometime this week after breaking his foot in a Week 6 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

Footballguys view: The Texans secondary is already banged up with Jonathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson injured as well. Losing Johnson is bad for this defense. It's especially bad as the team faces off against the Broncos (in Denver) on Monday Night Football in Week 7.

Link to story
Kevin Johnson player page

Yeah he is a Very Good player and all of these injuries stink, way too many going on. The Texans are 4-2 but perhaps the worst 4-2 team out there if that makes sense. They are banged up on Defense like we have been. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Thought we were going to the Super Bowl??

Still are. 10-6 AFC South title. Super Bowl 51 Victory

But you can't tell me Irsay cares about this team bringing Grigson AND Chuck back. I just don't ever see them coexisting. 

Just can't force chemistry 

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

Still are. 10-6 AFC South title. Super Bowl 51 Victory

But you can't tell me Irsay cares about this team bringing Grigson AND Chuck back. I just don't ever see them coexisting. 

Just can't force chemistry 

If we can just get in anything can actually happen but after Sunday I am pretty down. 8-8 will probably win our Division though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he is a Very Good player and all of these injuries stink, way too many going on. The Texans are 4-2 but perhaps the worst 4-2 team out there if that makes sense. They are banged up on Defense like we have been. 

I think we can beat Tennessee and KC to be honest if we get our stuff together.  I'll reevaluate where we are at from there I guess.  Jaguars play the Raiders and the Titans next. I think they'll lose to the Raiders and who knows what will happen against the Titans.  Jags could have 2 losses in the next two weeks or they could be 1-1 in my estimation.  I think in 2 weeks we will see Houston with a loss versus Denver.  They play the Lions afterwards which could be an either or situation depending on what the Lions offense does.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we can just get in anything can actually happen but after Sunday I am pretty down. 8-8 will probably win our Division though.

Andrew Luck is the reason we'll be 10-6

Along with a VERY few others. 

Gore 

Davis 

VinnyGoat 

Boomstick 

Hilton 

Moncrief  (When he returns)

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

Andrew Luck is the reason we'll be 10-6

Along with a VERY few others. 

Gore 

Davis 

VinnyGoat 

Boomstick 

Hilton 

Moncrief  (When he returns)

Had we won Sunday I would agree with you 100%. I picked us to go 10-6 before the season started. I am still not giving up on the season though so lets see how it plays out.

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Can we just trade him already before it's too late? JD is giving us the exact same production and he stays healthy. Should be able to get at least 4th for him.

A 4th for a guy on crutches ?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't figure out why our receivers were covered so well after Johnson went out with the injury. I realize we lost Dorsett and Allen but I was very surprised there was not more separation.

he should be off the roster by next year, blocking TEs are cheap and he does not contribute enough in the passing game to earn 7 mil a year

bring in a blocking TE for next to nothing and make doyle and swoop the receivers going forward.

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he should be off the roster by next year, blocking TEs are cheap and he does not contribute enough in the passing game to earn 7 mil a year

bring in a blocking TE for next to nothing and make doyle and swoop the receivers going forward.

Pretty unlikely as his base is only 2.5 mill for 2017. His contract was really written to last through the 2018 season. But unless he's totally banged up in 2017 , he will have a horse shoe on the side of his noggin. 

On 10/17/2016 at 7:00 PM, CyberTwin said:

I don't know why there isn't anyone talking about Swoope. He had a good game last night and looked good. With this injury we will see more of Doyle (which is a beast) and see what Swoope can do. He seems to be developing in his position very well and look forward to seeing if he can keep it up in the time he is given to play.

I'm excited to see him do more.  That play he had up the sideline Sunday night was real nice.  Nice catch, nice balance to turn it up and stay inbounds... I just would love to see him once lower a shoulder or even step out of bounds instead of just running upright and being hit low, and sent flying through the air and crashing down, but he's definitely a tough dude and fires me up to see if he can take advantage of an opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Nostrils said:

I'm excited to see him do more.  That play he had up the sideline Sunday night was real nice.  Nice catch, nice balance to turn it up and stay inbounds... I just would love to see him once lower a shoulder or even step out of bounds instead of just running upright and being hit low, and sent flying through the air and crashing down, but he's definitely a tough dude and fires me up to see if he can take advantage of an opportunity.

I'm excited to see more as well.  I think he's got a lot of talent and could turn into a big receiving threat if we incorporate him more.   He's the fastest tight end on this team.  His athleticism is obvious.  I'm expecting him to get better with the run blocking.  You can tell the guy really wants to be a great player

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, aaron11 said:

I'm there too. Allen is not a threat. Teams don't agonize all week about how they'll match up with him. I'd describe him as very average, or even slightly below average. An exceptional blocker would be a tremendous addition to the offense. Doyle is our unheralded secret weapon and still has untapped capacities. Swoope is an interesting project, and one that may very well pan out. He's getting separation and making catches, and he's really just a beginner. As of last Sunday, he can't block worth a crap, but he has notable strength and athleticism, and while Allen is out, he's probably/hopefully going to improve quite a bit. So, I'm with you, drop Allen and add a pure power blocker into the mix.

On October 17, 2016 at 9:08 PM, csmopar said:

I knew it. I said it the second they resigned him. The dude is made of glued together pieces fragile glass. Outside of 1 healthy season, he ends up riding the bench a majority of every season. Fleener wasn't as good but dang Fleener was durable and dependable. And he just had 2 very good back to back games in NO. But "allen is the more complete tight end". 

Not true

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Which part is not true.

The poster made about a half dozen different claims.

Depending on your perspective none of them,  some of them,  or all of them could be true or false.

Would you like to try and narrow it down?

No.  Just look for the not true parts 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm excited to see more as well.  I think he's got a lot of talent and could turn into a big receiving threat if we incorporate him more.   He's the fastest tight end on this team.  His athleticism is obvious.  I'm expecting him to get better with the run blocking.  You can tell the guy really wants to be a great player

He looks so natural catching the ball.  Makes it look easy.  Now let's see how they use him.  

8 hours ago, dudeski said:

Not true

Prove me wrong. He's played only 1 full season.

Not counting playoff games, just regular season.

2012: 16 games played

2013: 1 game played

2014: 13 games, limited snaps in 4

2015: 13 games, limited snaps in 2

2016: 6 games out multiple weeks, total yet to be determined.

The dude just is fragile. And when he does play, hes so inconsistent,  is he really helping?

Let's look at Fleener

2012: 12

2013: 16

2014: 16

2015: 16

2016: 5 (Saints had a bye already)

Dewayne allen career totals.

109 rec, 15 TDs, 3 Fumbles.

Coby Fleener career totals:

202, 19 TDS 1 fumble.

Now you can say that if he would ever stay healthy, Allen is the better TE and I would agree. The problem is that he can't and hasn't stayed healthy.

You can have the coolest car on the planet, but just how cool is it when it spends more time broken than it does working?

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Prove me wrong. He's played only 1 full season.

Not counting playoff games, just regular season.

2012: 16 games played

2013: 1 game played

2014: 13 games, limited snaps in 4

2015: 13 games, limited snaps in 2

2016: 6 games out multiple weeks, total yet to be determined.

The dude just is fragile. And when he does play, hes so inconsistent,  is he really helping?

Let's look at Fleener

2012: 12

2013: 16

2014: 16

2015: 16

2016: 5 (Saints had a bye already)

Dewayne allen career totals.

109 rec, 15 TDs, 3 Fumbles.

Coby Fleener career totals:

202, 19 TDS 1 fumble.

Now you can say that if he would ever stay healthy, Allen is the better TE and I would agree. The problem is that he can't and hasn't stayed healthy.

You can have the coolest car on the planet, but just how cool is it when it spends more time broken than it does working?

Yes, I was disappointed Grigson decided to stay with Allen over Fleener and my reasons were basically what you point out in your post. The Jacksonville game was the last straw for me with Allen. He did come back and have a good game against Chicago the next week but he's too inconsistent and injury prone in my opinion.