Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The Colts Should Do This Offseason?

jbaron04

Offseason

cuts

g. brackett - undersized ,often injuried, signed 5 yrs 33m contract with 12m sign bonus, year 3 coming up counts 7.4m against cap in 2012 an 9m in 2013 and 2014,

played 13 games out of possible 33 missing 15 last year with only 80 tackles in last to years,he is also 32 years old, not worth it need to be cut

m. bullitt - signed a 3 yr 10.5m contract with 4m sign bonus, in second year of deal and counts 3.8m in 2012 and 2013 against the cap, played and total of 6 games the last two years out of the possible 33, a safety with a bad shoulder dont sit to well, needs to be cut unless can prove healthy, btw never played a full season in his 5 years in league

a. vinatieri - im a little in the middle on this after seein kickers miss easy kicks to lose games this post season, so having a clucth kicker is a must...sign a 3 yr 10.4m contract with a 3.6m sign bonus, in last year of deal counts 3.9m against the cap in 2012... i would rather renegotiate his contract and sign him for like a 2 yr deal for less than his 3.9m

d. clark - signed a 6 yr 36m contract with 11m sign bonus, counts 7.4m against cap in 2012 and 8.1m in 2013, played 16 games out of possible 33 last two years, 9 drops in 2011 in only 10 games after his major wrist injury lead the league until he got hurt, his averages the last two years have bin 35 catches, 2 tds with 350 yards

c. painter - cant have on team another year and use the roster spot for competent back up

if not healthy :sorry: peyton we all about his stiuation

guys off the books cap hit in 2012

J. saturday- 4.9m , R. wayne- 8m , R. deim- 6.2m , D. clark- 7.4m , G. brackett-7.4m , M.bullitt- 3.8m , K. collins- 4m , A. gonzales 1.8m

resigns

r. mathis- need him for pass rush in this qb league, hard to find good ones

p. wheeler- provide depth and started to come along towards the end, also may benifit from system change, was the best rushing olb in his draft class

j. anderson- good depth can stop the run also flash some pass rush ability at times

j. tamme- new starting te sign long while his value is still cheap, shows the ability to fill in for clark with out missing a beat

p. garcon- young, has lots of potential, very explosive

j. lacey- for cheap depth

freeney and adam v needs to be resigned for a lower price than current

freeney 2012 cap hit 19m and adam v 2012 cap hit 3.9m for a kicker is steep

Free agents

if not to much money we need a top talent cb and or nt bold is who we should sign

og. c.nicks 27 yrs

cb. C. finnegan 28 yrs , L. webb 26 yrs in he is a low tender , ben grimes 29 yrs

nt. P. siolia 28 yrs

wr. eddie royal 25 yrs old his speed could help opening the field

other we should just look at is

ss. L. landry and de/olb M. williams

draft

1. andrew luck, qb - 6'4" 235 lbs stanford next franchise qb

2. dontari poe, nt - 6'5" 350 lbs memphis the anchor of our new defense

3. vontaze bufict, ilb - 6'3" 250 lbs arizona state the size we need up front next to pat

4. cliff harris, cb - 5'11" 168 lbs oregon good cover corner also great returner can handle punts and kickoffs

5. jeff fuller, wr - 6'4" 217 lbs texas a&m great size has potential to be red zone threat and win one on one deep balls

6. kellen moore, qb 6'0" 191 lbs boise state project can groom to be lucks back up

7. nicolas jean-baptiste, nt - 6'2" 335 lbs baylor project , need gurth

Team out look 2012

asterisk pending draft and free agent signings

Offense

OB - *andrew luck, *kellen moore, dan orlovsky

RB - donald brown, joe addai, delone carter

FB - jerome felton, ryan mahaffey

WR - pierre garcon, *eddie royal, austin collie, *jeff fuller, blair white

TE - jacob tamme, brody eldrigde, anthony hill

LT- anthony castonzo, jeff Linkenbach

LG - *Carl nicks

C - mike pollack,

RG - joe reitz, seth olsen

RT - Ben ijalana, quinn Ojinnaka

*we are gonna run hybrid defense im just guessing

defense 3-4 set

LE - fili moala, tyler brayton, ricardo mathews

NT - dontari poe, *P. siolia, antonio johnson

RE - drake nevis, jamaal anderson

LOLB - jerry hughes, robert mathis

MLB - pat angerer, kavell conner

ILB - *vontaze bufict, kavell conner

ROLB - dwight freeney, philip wheeler

LCB - *C. finnegan, kevin thomas, jacob lacey

RCB - jerraud powers, *cliff harris, chris rucker

SS - *l.landry, joe lefeged, david caldwell

FS - antione bethea, chris rucker

DEFense 4-3 set

LE - robert mathis, jerry hughes

DT - drake nevis, fili moala

NT - *P. siolia, dontari poe

RE - dwight freeney, jamaal anderson

WILL - kavell conner, philip wheeler

MIKE - pat angerer,

SAM - *vontaze bufict, philip wheeler

LCB - *C. finnegan, kevin thomas, jacob lacey

RCB - jerraud powers, *cliff harris, chris rucker

SS - *l.landry, joe lefeged, david caldwell

FS - antione bethea, chris rucker

Special teams

K - *adam V, if signs new deal

P - pat mcAfee

KOS - pat mcAfee

KR - *cliff harris, joe lefeged

PR - *cliff harris, *eddie royal

what yall think?

First I'm on Peyton Manning's side of everything. It's not time to move on from him. He needs some guys around him to win right now. We owe him 3 superbowls, because he gave his neck and time for this team. I really hope we keep him and he retires here as a Colts. It's b.s. to me to just give up on someone who did everything for you. He put money in Jim Irsay's pocket for the past 14 years. I like your draft except for Poe. I'd rather have Brandon Thompson, but thats only if we play a 4-3 next season. Thompson is the guy we need next to Drake Nevis. Brandon brings power and so many looks to his game. Can take on the double and shoot the gap. Great against the run as well. Poe would be nice to have as well. It would be nice to have the two if possible. We need a guard as well. Mike Pollack can take over for Jeff when he retires. It's time because Mike is a great player.

What's with all the "love" for Pollack???? He has been a major disapointment yet many, this isn't directed solely to the OP, think he is ready to be our next Center....I don't get it and he is a FA to boot. I would rather they spend the money on a proven NFL Center.

What's with all the "love" for Pollack???? He has been a major disapointment yet many, this isn't directed solely to the OP, think he is ready to be our next Center....I don't get it and he is a FA to boot. I would rather they spend the money on a proven NFL Center.

I thought that center out of TCU that we had on the practice squad could be good for us not sure if we cut him or if he is still there.

I thought that center out of TCU that we had on the practice squad could be good for us not sure if we cut him or if he is still there.

His name escapes me as of now but I really think that regardless of who is the starting QB next year a starting caliber NFL Center is needed.

Great post but Vontaze Burfict will not be available in the 3rd. Would love getting Luck and Poe in the 1st and 2nd round picks. I would feel more comfortable bringing in a better WR than Eddie Royal via the draft since this year's class is very good. Also I would like a CB better than Cliff Harris being the other starter.

Gotta draft and start Andrew Luck. Find some sorta mutual agreement to cut/release Peyton Manning (gives him freedom to leave as a free agent...he DESERVES that...and it frees up some cap space).

With Saturday thinking about retirement again, let him go and draft a solid rookie center for a rookie Luck (they can grow together if it works. Love ya, Jeff! Thanks for everything!).

RESIGN Mathis if the team can afford it. If not, try to negotiate. We need Mathis for the new D. (NEW D...Thank God!)

Work on the OL. Can't let the O line go bad or we'll end up with a battered, regressing, terrified QB like Bradford in STL. All the rest goes to defense.

Rebuild Mode: ON. Accept it or jump off the 12 year old "wagon"

/Reggie Wayne: how much $ and what terms (?)

Pollak played C at ASU I believe. That's his natural position. He was forced to play out of position here, so his play wasn't so great. With that said, his play at guard did get better and better each year. I think he will be a solid C, not a Nick Mangold type, but a guy we can put in and not have to worry about

All Right Let's Clear A Few Things Up

•Peyton Manning Is Leaving

•If Manning Is Gone, Jeff Isen't Sticking Around

•Reggie's Old Agent Said Absolutely No Way Reggie Re-Sighn's

• Dallas Clark CAN Leave

• Melvin Bullet Probably Cut

•Jacob Tamme Was Inconsistant Last Year

That Leaves Us With These Needs

QB, HB, G(2), C, WR, TE,

(2)CB, SS, OLB, DT,

Here's My Go At The Draft & FA

QB- Andrew Luck

(QB Of The Future)

CB- Chase Minnifield

(Improves The Secondary, Great Prospect)

C- Ben Jones

(Grow A New QB-C Relationship With Luck, Helps O-line When/if Jeff Saturday Leaves) 

WR- Ryan Broyles

(Basicly Mini Wes Welker, Good Position In The Draft For Us) 

SS- Duke Ihenacho

(Consistent Saftey Upgrade, When Bullet Is Gone)

TE- Deangelo Peterson

(Can't Depend On Clark Consistently & Can't Over Pay Tamme; A Young QB's Best Friend? A TE)

OLB- Miles Burress

(Adds Deph To The Linebackers, If Bracket Gets Injured Or We Don't Sighn Wheeler)

FA

CB- Tracy Porter

(Would Do Great With Our Pass Rush)

G- Jeremy Zuttah

(Would Fill In A Important Roll On Our O-Line)

DE- Robert Mathis

(Could Switch  To 3-4 OLB Still Alot Left In The Tank)

DT-James Jones

(Under The Radar DT, Who Would Help Alot)

Philip Wheeler

Pierre Garçon

Filling Every Hole But

Another Guard, & HB

Our Secondary Would Be Ugraded,

Offense Alot Younger,

Head Coach Will Help The Pass Rush,

Our Linebackers Would Have Deph,

Agree?

Pollak played C at ASU I believe. That's his natural position. He was forced to play out of position here, so his play wasn't so great. With that said, his play at guard did get better and better each year. I think he will be a solid C, not a Nick Mangold type, but a guy we can put in and not have to worry about

I know he was a center at ASU and played out of position but when Saturday was hurt Richards started in his place and unless he is dirt cheap (Pollack) I really don't have a good feeling about him as our starting center....just my opinion though ;)

I know he was a center at ASU and played out of position but when Saturday was hurt Richards started in his place and unless he is dirt cheap (Pollack) I really don't have a good feeling about him as our starting center....just my opinion though ;)

I remember that. And Richard played pretty well in Saturday's absence too

i cant see us not resigning reggie. there is no one on the team that could replace him.

Wayne can easily be replaced, WR's are like RB's these days you can find them everywhere... i hope the colts dont resign him for the fact that he has lost that quickness... he's a great route runner but he doesnt create any separation anymore.

Wayne can easily be replaced, WR's are like RB's these days you can find them everywhere... i hope the colts dont resign him for the fact that he has lost that quickness... he's a great route runner but he doesnt create any separation anymore.

you really think garcon as a number 1 wr is gonna scare anyone

you really think garcon as a number 1 wr is gonna scare anyone

He's probably one of the toughest receivers to bring down, one of the fastest... yea i would say he is a threat.. how many times Garcon has beaten CB's that have covered him. right now the colts need a big possesion receiver that can also create separation.

He's probably one of the toughest receivers to bring down, one of the fastest... yea i would say he is a threat.. how many times Garcon has beaten CB's that have covered him. right now the colts need a big possesion receiver that can also create separation.

garcon is good when he gets number 2 wr coverage, but how well would he fare when hes the target of double teams. you have to factor in that defenses look to stop wayne and clark before garcon.

garcon is good when he gets number 2 wr coverage, but how well would he fare when hes the target of double teams. you have to factor in that defenses look to stop wayne and clark before garcon.

Clark had a horrible year and was not on the field, garcon had his best year this year..

Just a few ppl he has faced Brandon Flowers, Antonio Cromartie, Terrance Newman..

The guy will beat CB's one of the main reason wayne got shut down by Revis is because of his speed.. if revis was on garcon chances are the colts would have fared better.. revis got tore up by moss and blamed it on his ankle.. my point is garcon can beat any CB in the NFL right now.

• 1 month later...