Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are there any pass rushers the Colts could trade for?

RockThatBlue

4 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Yes.  Let's trade the Falcons our 2017 1st round pick for Vic Beasley.  They would do that in a heartbeat.  And Grigson couldn't trade two of his 6 first round picks for former 1st round busts could he?

Pass. Maybe you were being sarcastic, but there will be better pass rushers from 10-20 in this draft.

2 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Pass. Maybe you were being sarcastic, but there will be better pass rushers from 10-20 in this draft.

There will be better pash rushers in the 4th round of the 2017 draft than Beasley has been.  One pass rusher that a team is willing to trade will not solve our man roster holes.

What's wrong with Fields and Harris according to the draft guru in 2917 draft? You can  start to build from there (two edge) rushers. Make sure too fire PAGANO AND GRIGSON before the season is over otherwise you'll have soft edge rushers. 

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

What's wrong with Fields and Harris according to the draft guru in 2917 draft? You can  start to build from there (two edge) rushers. Make sure too fire PAGANO AND GRIGSON before the season is over otherwise you'll have soft edge rushers. 

I don't think the Colts can wait nearly 900 years to bring in a good pass rusher.

Datone Jones, Alex Okafor?  Maybe someone out of contention would look to move an OLB in their contract year, hoping to get something back as opposed to risking being out-bid in free agency...  But I don't see a true impact edge rusher being available, nor would I support going out to get one on a roster so full of needs.  It may be one or two on the need list, but I'd rather draft one then trade for one.

What about Geneo Grissom? On the Patriots PS right now. 3rd rounder but only on PS. I know the situation reeks of Bjoern Werner all over again but it's worth a try. Worst case scenario, we get a free 3rd round drafted player that we can waive later on.

I think if a team had a pass-rusher that was worth us trading for they wouldn't want to part with him.  and if they did it would be because he is getting older and likely hasn't got much left and they are looking to get a pick for him while they can.  In that case, PASS.  We need younger guys that can still move and don't have the significant injury history and haven't lost 2 steps.  Otherwise, we may as well keep Mathis, right?  At least we know what we have there.  I say wait until the draft.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2016 at 4:58 PM, chad72 said:

Give up a 5th or 6th rounder to get Cameron Wake from the Dolphins. He has probably just 1 or 2 good years left, let us see where it goes for us this season. Next season, it is the draft to stock up on pass rushers.

I still believe we should have tried to do this. Wake is now playing well for the Dolphins though their secondary is not up to snuff.