Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Joe

So I was listening to the radio, and big joe said that the colts spend the least amount of time in practice, than any other team in the league. 

Is is it any wonder that the colts get out played every single game for at the very least, 2 qtrs of football? 

The guy on the other side spends more time in practice than our guy does. Is it any wonder Dwayne Allen is dropping balls? Is it any wonder, that our defense can't seem to tackle anybody? What can we honestly expect from a coach who doesn't practice to make perfect. 

After a game like today, I would have for every drop a receiver drops, he is catching 500 passes in practice. This is unacceptable. You are a professional. 

Our team doesn't have enough talent to win on talent alone!

12 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

So I was listening to the radio, and big joe said that the colts spend the least amount of time in practice, than any other team in the league. 

Is is it any wonder that the colts get out played every single game for at the very least, 2 qtrs of football? 

The guy on the other side spends more time in practice than our guy does. Is it any wonder Dwayne Allen is dropping balls? Is it any wonder, that our defense can't seem to tackle anybody? What can we honestly expect from a coach who doesn't practice to make perfect. 

After a game like today, I would have for every drop a receiver drops, he is catching 500 passes in practice. This is unacceptable. You are a professional. 

500 balls no gloves and the ball covered in oil.  Every drop in practice equals a punch in the stomach from Bull Hurley.

16 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I don't know who big joe is,    But I doubt he has a record of time all teams practice.      But I'm with you on the drops

Judging by the injuries and how undisciplined this team is, it amazes me that they actually do practice in the first place.  There was a point in the game where the D literally looked like they gave up before getting back in it, they were just walking around on the field.  It literally looked like they were half-$$$ing it.  Then once the Colts got back in it, they started to look fired up again.

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Who is Big Joe and how would he know how much time the Colts and every other team spend in practice?

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Joe Staysniak?

Yes indeed, Joe Staysniak, host of the Big Joe Staysniak morning show on AM 1070. He hosts Coach Venturi for a segment every Friday.

I mean, being completely honest I wouldn't be surprised if his info was 100% correct. Joe isn't the kind of guy who makes wild claims.

But beyond that, let's be honest here. Even if he was saying this just to get attention after four weeks of seeing what we've seen is there really any reason to go "well that's just not true at all!"?

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean, being completely honest I wouldn't be surprised if his info was 100% correct. Joe isn't the kind of guy who makes wild claims.

But beyond that, let's be honest here. Even if he was saying this just to get attention after four weeks of seeing what we've seen is there really any reason to go "well that's just not true at all!"?

More evidence for this provided from Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer via twitter:

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I prefer to listen to Mr Ed's "the talking horse" morning sports show

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I prefer to listen to Mr Ed's "the talking horse" morning sports show

Mr Ed's show is slanted too much on thourghbred racing and his owner Wilbur. But not enough on Wilbur's wife Carol.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I wasn't in love with the Thursday travel, but I don't know the logistics of it all, so maybe that was the only option. I just think it would have been less of an overall issue to go early in the week instead of the heart of it.

You basically had 2 options, go super early and spend time fully acclimating to the time shift, or go late, and expose yourself to it as little as possible. They chose the latter, as Grigson declined a bye week after the London game, meaning they had to be prepared to come back and make a quick recovery from the much more debilitating return jet lag.

41 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

More evidence for this provided from Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer via twitter:

I thought the team looked flat.  Jacksonville's yearly trip to England gave them the experience to handle this.  The Colts management looks like they have never traveled overseas before.  This will probably bite them in the rear in the  Bears game.  I'll just go ahead congratulate Bears fan co-worker early.