Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck, I see potential, but I just don't know

YourNextGM

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

No,  nothing is Andrew's fault.  If u blame him,  you're a troll. 

Hey man I wasn't even going to call you out for thinking he was trying to throw the ball to Rodgers in your original post. He was forcing a ball to Dorsett. I'm a huge Luck fan. We have 14 games left I know he'll atone for the mistake. But to say that pick wasn't on him is crazy. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I've voiced my criticisms of Luck on this forum before.  However, I'm not going to pile on him after this particular defeat against the best defense in the NFL.  Overall...no one likes to lose but given all of the injuries on defense I think our boys performed as well as could have been expected.  We still need to eliminate those costly turnovers and ill advised penalties but it is what it is.  The pick six was a great play by Talib...the strip fumble was Von Miller doing what he does and our  Butler pulling his hamstring and falling down with no one near him on a potential pick six was our ill fated luck of late.  Those amounted to a 21 point swing in this game.  This just isn't a very good team this year but they played hard and gave effort out there today even in defeat.  I can't be too upset with them today.  On to San Diego.

with the way the chargers played today that game worries me

22 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Hey man I wasn't even going to call you out for thinking he was trying to throw the ball to Rodgers in your original post. He was forcing a ball to Dorsett. I'm a huge Luck fan. We have 14 games left I know he'll atone for the mistake. But to say that pick wasn't on him is crazy. 

Whar Rodgers are u talking about? I know who he was throwing the ball too.  

1 hour ago, threeflight said:

This.

I don't think anyone here thinks Luck is not a fine QB.

But the highest player in the league QB?  

Just no.

So what are we supposed to do, let him walk??  That would be THE dumbest decision EVER !!!  

Luck is just like Peyton but with less talent around him than Peyton had in his first 5 years. Peyton looked up field most of the time, did not take check downs similarly. 

However, Peyton had a great offensive mind in Tom Moore installing and calling such great timing offense plays that was quick to adjust protection schemes while Luck's offensive system is still not at the same level, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

So what are we supposed to do, let him walk??  That would be THE dumbest decision EVER !!!  

I think you either pay him in the $20 M dollar range, or trade him for a ransom.

The problem started when Irsay stated over a year ago that he was going to make Luck the highest paid player in the league BEFORE the 2015 season.  Luck then proceeded to play hurt, and play bad when he did play.  By that time Irsay painted himself into a corner and he had to pay Luck.

Did he deserve it?  No.  

Do I think Luck will ever be a Manning?  No.

I think he will be a very good qb....kind of like a Rivers.  But I don't think he has the arm or the smarts to ever be a Manning type QB. And I say that with Luck being one of my favorite players.

But I am realistic.

14 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

I know that is what people cant get through their head for some reason that Post stuff like this. He wont even be the highest paid player in a couple of years as the Salary Cap increases. He is young and Very Good with Great potential. You need a franchise QB to even have a chance to win SB's in the NFL. He could've even ask for more money and got it probably but didn't is what is really funny. It's not like he is 35 years old or even 30 for that matter. I have absolutely zero problem with Luck's contract. He needs more help plainly put.  If we didn't have Luck we would have very little upside for the future. With a franchise QB we at least can focus on building the Defense in next years Draft and maybe landing a decent Free Agent because the QB spot is solid. I thought our O.Line played pretty well today until the end when Von got to Luck. For the most part Luck had time to throw. Denver has the best D in the league so it wasn't that bad.

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I think you either pay him in the $20 M dollar range, or trade him for a ransom.

The problem started when Irsay stated over a year ago that he was going to make Luck the highest paid player in the league BEFORE the 2015 season.  Luck then proceeded to play hurt, and play bad when he did play.  By that time Irsay painted himself into a corner and he had to pay Luck.

Did he deserve it?  No.  

I think he will be a very good qb....kind of like a Rivers.  But I don't think he has the arm or the smarts to ever be a Manning type QB. And I say that with Luck being one of my favorite players.

But I am realistic.

Ok so we trade Luck, then what?????  Stick an orange traffic cone out there behind Kelly??? lmao I'm. done !!!

5 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Ok so we trade Luck, then what?????  Stick an orange traffic cone out there behind Kelly??? lmao I'm. done !!!

Luck at the beginning of this year could have literally gotten you almost anything you wanted.

Name your price.

Do I think we should have traded him?  No.

But I also don't think Irsay should have told EVERYONE they were making him the highest paid player in the NFL before the 2015 season, and I also don't think they should have after what happened after in 2015.

That is the same mentality that not only brought back P and G, but also EXTENDED THEM.

It is rewarding mediocrity.  

Until that mindset ends. we are where we are.

31 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Did he deserve it?  No.  

But I am realistic.

You delusionl manning butt kissers are a riot.

Just now, BOTT said:

Why is cam better?  Because he has one of the most talented defenses in the league?  What did cam do with the team before last year?   Not much.

The defense doesn't make Cam better, it just makes the team win more. Cam isn't as good as he is because the defense wins for him, he's as good as he is because he's a great athlete, can throw the ball accurately, avoid sacks, run the ball, and throw deep relatively well. He's a great all around QB. He also doesn't have the receiving core Luck does, just Benjamin.

I didn't read through all of this, but Cam Newton has played this same defense twice in the past 12 months and has not looked any better than Luck. If the NFL MVP can struggle consistently against these guys, I'm not worried about Luck. We saw what he was capable of last week.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The defense doesn't make Cam better, it just makes the team win more. Cam isn't as good as he is because the defense wins for him, he's as good as he is because he's a great athlete, can throw the ball accurately, avoid sacks, run the ball, and throw deep relatively well. He's a great all around QB. He also doesn't have the receiving core Luck does, just Benjamin.

This just in...a great defense helps you wins games.

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

How is he not?

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck is a far better leader.  Luck has to do more with less in terms of coaches (Shula has been an excellent coordinator for Cam) and team roster (Carolina's defense is great).  Luck is a more intelligent player.   Put Luck in Carolina and I think they win the Super Bowl last year.  Put Cam here and you get a year of

tumblr_n0la1craNW1rl8izco1_1280.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So you're going to sidestep the issue? Now I know you're trolling. You have 0 argument.

Yeah, I'm trolling.  I never said that cam wasn't a hell of a QB, just that his defense is a huge factor in why they win.  

Or or maybe you can go back to nonsense-ing about about you bar fights, poker prowess and you 4.3 speed lol

Just now, BOTT said:

Yeah, I'm trolling.  I never said that cam wasn't a hell of a QB, just that his defense is a huge factor in why they win.  

Or or maybe you can go back to nonsense-ing about about you bar fights, poker prowess and you 4.3 speed lol

You didn't dispute at all why I was right or wrong, because you can't, you just said some stupid nonsense about the defense, which has nothing to do with how Cam plays. ON offense, Cam is a better QB than Luck. In fact, I can't think of one area where Luck is better than Cam. Again, you can only try to insult me with your last sentence, which proves even more you are a troll.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You didn't dispute at all why I was right or wrong, because you can't, you just said some stupid nonsense about the defense, which has nothing to do with how Cam plays. ON offense, Cam is a better QB than Luck. In fact, I can't think of one area where Luck is better than Cam. Again, you can only try to insult me with your last sentence, which proves even more you are a troll.

Let's see, you call me a troll then get upset when I insult you back.  Plus, I didn't really insult you, I just pointed out the obvious.....you're a liar.