Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those "WORRIED", about pass rush watch Curt Magitt..

jshipp23

We stole this cat, he is gonna get better and better..Keep in mind he is still learning and coming off injury, which is why he wasn't a 2nd round pick..Im telling you though, this guy has that rare motor quick twitch muscles you can't teach..He will be our James Harrison very soon , and make an impact this year..

I think Magitt has HUGE upside! I would rather see him on the field instead of Trent Cole whose last few years have steadily been declining. Add to the fact Trent gave the Colts little to NOTHING last year. Like Krunk stated in another topic I think this team has finally started to assemble some talent on defense but the problem with Chuck is he seems to go with his "comfort zone" type of guys instead of best available on the roster. I see some headhunter type of young guys on this team not seen since Bob Sanders.

Morrison at lb looked like a beast and dished out some BIG shots in the preseason. A few pre draft magazines said he was a ferocious hitter who played angry with extreme intensity running from sideline to sideline with a knack to always be around the ball but an ACL along with some trouble (barking at a police dog) slide his draft stock. Morrison missed the combine due to a staph infection (was on antibiotics for 6 wks) but ran at his Pro Day AGAINST doctor's orders after having the catheter removed from his chest. I've seen enough of Josh McNary with the Colts to know that he's ok as a backup lb but his special teams play earns his roster spot. When I hear Chuck say it's between McNary (:facepalm:) and Morrison to start opposite Jackson I cringe because that's more of the same ol same ol.

Sure the young guys like Green at safety, Geathers (when he returns) Ridgeway, McGill to name a few will make mistakes but they will make plays also while dishing out some punishment!! That being said it can't be any worse than I've seen from this LACKLUSTER defense the last couple of years.

Just now, cbear said:

In college he looked amazing.  In pre-season though, he showed up more in the run game and didn't really do anything special as a pass rusher imo.  He tried spins, the duck under Mathis move, but seems like he kept getting stuck to the blocker.  He has potential, so hopefully, he becomes that rusher we saw in college. 

First,  we all hope you're right, JS....

Second,   but we have to see how much he actually plays....    week #1,  it's not clear how many actual snaps he gets.

Third,   if you're going to write about your guy,  then let's get the name right!      It's Maggitt!   2-g's and 2-t's!

You're a good man!     Welcome back!     :thmup:

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

I think Magitt has HUGE upside! I would rather see him on the field instead of Trent Cole whose last few years have steadily been declining. Add to the fact Trent gave the Colts little to NOTHING last year. Like Krunk stated in another topic I think this team has finally started to assemble some talent on defense but the problem with Chuck is he seems to go with his "comfort zone" type of guys instead of best available on the roster. I see some headhunter type of young guys on this team not seen since Bob Sanders.

Morrison at lb looked like a beast and dished out some BIG shots in the preseason. A few pre draft magazines said he was a ferocious hitter who played angry with extreme intensity running from sideline to sideline with a knack to always be around the ball but an ACL along with some trouble (barking at a police dog) slide his draft stock. Morrison missed the combine due to a staph infection (was on antibiotics for 6 wks) but ran at his Pro Day AGAINST doctor's orders after having the catheter removed from his chest. I've seen enough of Josh McNary with the Colts to know that he's ok as a backup lb but his special teams play earns his roster spot. When I hear Chuck say it's between McNary (:facepalm:) and Morrison to start opposite Jackson I cringe because that's more of the same ol same ol.

Sure the young guys like Green at safety, Geathers (when he returns) Ridgeway, McGill to name a few will make mistakes but they will make plays also while dishing out some punishment!! That being said it can't be any worse than I've seen from this LACKLUSTER defense the last couple of years.

Remember....  the spot opposite DQJ is the Will.

And McNary is more of a Will than Morrison.      Morrison is more of a Mike.    He'll likely replace DQJ next year.

Who knows?      Maybe we all get surprised and Morrison plays the Will and plays it well.     That would be great.      But his profile says that spot would not be his strength.        We'll see......

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember....  the spot opposite DQJ is the Will.

And McNary is more of a Will than Morrison.      Morrison is more of a Mike.    He'll likely replace DQJ next year.

Who knows?      Maybe we all get surprised and Morrison plays the Will and plays it well.     That would be great.      But his profile says that spot would not be his strength.        We'll see......

I for one hope so... Is Sio Moore still hurt?

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty sure Sio is playing

Yes.....   he was in right at the start.       And the Colts did a nice job of bluffing with him.

The whole week they let everyone think that Moore would not play.      All the talk was about who would play in his place....     would it be Morrison or McNary.

And it was Moore all along.......    

17 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We stole this cat, he is gonna get better and better..Keep in mind he is still learning and coming off injury, which is why he wasn't a 2nd round pick..Im telling you though, this guy has that rare motor quick twitch muscles you can't teach..He will be our James Harrison very soon , and make an impact this year..

how many sacks did he have?

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Once again Pagano isn't playing better,  young players in favor of vets...Maggitt and Morrison should have been on the field. .

maybe because they're not "better" than those vets just yet.  And Morrison was on the field. 

57 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Once again Pagano isn't playing better,  young players in favor of vets...Maggitt and Morrison should have been on the field. .

Once again people are overreacting to this situation. Almost all coaches will play a Vet over a rookie especially in the first game. Veteran leadership and communication on the field is very important. I'm sure Maggitt and Morrison will get a chance but I don't think we should throw them to the wolves right away. Opponents will see those guys and expose them very quickly.