Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendall Langford Out

CanuckColtsFan

13 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

People need to RELAX. On twitter almost every Colts analyst was doing the equivalent of sitting in the fetal position sucking their thumbs and crying that Langford will probably miss the rest of training camp. It's not that big of a deal.

Doyel went so far to say A) The d-line wasn't even a strength to begin with.. and B) Losing Langford for 3 weeks is cause for panic

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Doyel went so far to say A) The d-line wasn't even a strength to begin with.. and B) Losing Langford for 3 weeks is cause for panic

The more I read from that guy, the less I value his opinion. 

3 hours ago, BCoop said:

So Henry, Art, and Langford now out week1 at least? Did I hear somewhere Kerr was banged up too? Luckily, it's the Lions.

In a perfect world,  those three are the Colts starting DL.

If that doesn't get your attention,  nothing else will!!          :peek:

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

This new strength and conditioning staff are not off to a good start

Thanks for that insight,  but it's not clear at all that any of our injury problems are the result of the strength and conditioning program.

But I appreciate you jumping the gun......

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

First week of pads and then you get Ryan and now Langford down. I am of the belief that if they get hurt in the preseason they are hurt and severely diminished for the season. They should not be counted on for the season and plans should begin ASAP to get another player in their place. Keep them as a backup depth chart. I think Blythe should take Ryan's place. For Langford, we need to go the FA and wire. As for Art Jones.. count him missing in action. He is over the hill. Ravens Ozzie Newsome got the better of Grigson/Pagano.

I..... you can't..... I mean.... wait. What?

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks for that insight,  but it's not clear at all that any of our injury problems are the result of the strength and conditioning program.

Oh brother. None of you can take a joke

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  Because they can prevent injuries

I mean, it's possible that they could do more to prevent them. There is something to say about the Colts having the Top 3 (just a guess, I know we had the most by far on IR a couple years back) most injured players year in and year out. 

At some poke you can't just say it's bad luck. If the Colts constantly prove no one can stay healthy it's on the medicinal and strength and conditioning staff.

This year alone without one game it's been Geathers, Langford, Kelly, Thorton, Reitz, Mcafee, and I'm sure I'm missing some. All without even playing a single game.

I understand it's football but the Colts don't seem to be doing something right.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It would help if you learned how to deliver a joke.......

If there are multiple posters who didn't get your joke,  then perhaps you didn't do a good job of delivering it.

And it just so happens to be the same posters that love to bust my chops

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

And it just so happens to be the same posters that love to bust my chops

Nobody loves to bust your chops........

Nobody loves busting anyones chops......

Just take a deep breath.......    and exhale......     this will all work out.....

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Strength and conditioning can't really prevent a knee scope. It's a cartilage thing, so it's probably been a lingering issue that started before the new staff was even hired.

One a knee scope is not a condition, it's a procedure they do to see what the condition is.

Two, the strength and conditioning coach/staff can most definitely minimize ligament/cartilage injuries.  That is all part of the conditioning in strength and conditioning.  There are exercises and ways to strength train that help build up the support systems (muscles, ligaments, cartilage, etc) to help minimize these type of injuries.

They will never stop 100% of them because in the end you have big guys moving fast and colliding with other big guys moving fast.  And when you have that, people will get injured.

In this case I'm not blaming the S&C staff because the Colts have not had a huge issue with this this year, just disputing that they (the SC staff) cannot do anything about it.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

One a knee scope is not a condition, it's a procedure they do to see what the condition is.

Two, the strength and conditioning coach/staff can most definitely minimize ligament/cartilage injuries.  That is all part of the conditioning in strength and conditioning.  There are exercises and ways to strength train that help build up the support systems (muscles, ligaments, cartilage, etc) to help minimize these type of injuries.

They will never stop 100% of them because in the end you have big guys moving fast and colliding with other big guys moving fast.  And when you have that, people will get injured.

In this case I'm not blaming the S&C staff because the Colts have not had a huge issue with this this year, just disputing that they (the SC staff) cannot do anything about it.

I guess my main point is it's way too early in the game to be pointing fingers at the S&C staff, they've barely even had any time whatsoever to work with these guys.

9 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

The lions went 6-2 in their last 8 games. I wouldn't write them off. This is very bad news.

Yeah, if you watched their games (and I watched every single NFL game last year thanks to the NFL rewind online package) they really could have been a playoff team again last year.  And they got screwed the year before that in the playoffs in my opinion.  Don't underestimate them.  

39 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm  exaggerating slightly for effect but it probably won't be too far off...Colts injuries always seem to linger longer than what they say.  

I agree, they ALWAYS seem to underestimate length of injury.  Just like last year with Luck.  They made it seem likely he'd be back at the end of the season, probably to keep fans engaged.  We'll never know if he'd have come back had we made the playoffs, but it sure seems unlikely that he would have.  

Just before Art Jones was caught cheating, I had said the D line was our only deep position group and the only part of our D I thought was really solid.  That was like the kiss of death. 

10 hours ago, BCoop said:

So Henry, Art, and Langford now out week1 at least? Did I hear somewhere Kerr was banged up too? Luckily, it's the Lions.

There are no easy games for the Colts.  NONE. Every game they will have to claw and fight for what they get.  Just not enough talent on the defensive side of the football to count on many easy games.  And any key injuries just compound the problem. 

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

There are no easy games for the Colts.  NONE. Every game they will have to claw and fight for what they get.  Just not enough talent on the defensive side of the football to count on many easy games.  And any key injuries just compound the problem. 

I don't disagree. I think that's just the NFL in general now. Every game has to be earned. My point was, if you look at our schedule, there's probably not another team you'd rather play with those guys out week 1. Maybe the Titans or Bears at home?

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It was funny. However since you didn't get it, it was apparently unanimously decided that it wasn't funny. You're not the only one who can curmudgeon around here.

27 minutes ago, corgi said:

It was funny. However since you didn't get it, it was apparently unanimously decided that it wasn't funny. You're not the only one who can curmudgeon around here.

One of the things that would help someone trying to make a funny.......

Would be the use of an emoticon or two.....     sometimes,  funny or sarcasm doesn't always come across well on a message board post.....

Just food for thought.....

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

Meh, not a big deal.  Other teams,,like the scummy Bears are already dealing with a torn ACL to their stating center.

Yep. Bears lost their starting center to an ACL tear, Bills just lost their 2nd round pick Reggie Ragland to an ACL tear, Bengals lost their 1st round pick to a pectorial tear.

We have a d-linemen getting his knee scoped & missing MAYBE 4 weeks of practice, Henry Anderson is close to being cleared, and Geathers has to be getting close to being recovered from his foot injury. As far as injury concerns go, I'd say the Colts have it about as good as any football team could ask for.

21 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The more I read from that guy, the less I value his opinion. 

Opinions are what many here have mixed with some facts me included .

But I will tell all of you this the man is not a bad writer case in point .

How many of you go to PACER games ?  How many of you have noticed the 6'6 usher named Cleveland ?

The Man was a Basketball STAR here in Indy & a member of the Globetrotters he's 80 years old & is a pretty cool dude . 

Gregg Doyle wrote a nice story about him listing his accomplishments to share with Pacer fans it was'nt opinion just the facts but while I read it I realized while we may not agree with him he really is a decent dude .

Here's the link to an incredible story that many may have missed its an opportunity to learn something as I did ..

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/11/30/doyel-the-story-of-the-tall-man-in-the-stands-at-pacers-games/19539449/

635526103374340009-01a-CLEVELAND-HARP-FEN