Everyone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Highly annoying that we've heard/seen almost nothing on how Patrick Robinson has looked. Hes our one big FA signing this year and no one in the media is talking about him. You'd think he'd be getting talked about.

I can't remember specifics but I have read a couple good things about him ( maybe in a Josh Wilson write up) but can't recall any negatives about him at all.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Highly annoying that we've heard/seen almost nothing on how Patrick Robinson has looked. Hes our one big FA signing this year and no one in the media is talking about him. You'd think he'd be getting talked about.

He was the highlight of all the day 1 reviews after that nothing... but at the same time he's had very littleto no negative reviews either, no talk of him getting burned or man handled in GL situations 

28 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

What are your thoughts on how the teams looking Gavin? Who looks good or who looks bad?

I mean its so hard to tell really in TC. There is some live action going on but not a whole ton of it. I pay more attention to body language of players who are being coached up and see how they are reacting to the coaching and there ability to follow instructions and the individual drills than I do the 7-7 or 11-11 because what they do in those is not often a reflection of how they will do when the bullets really start flying Sunday unless you have some consistent vet out there who has been making plays and is a star. Walden has looked good I thought as has Ron Thompson shown flashes like I expected he would. Of course Hilton is still going to make plays out there and has. Luck has been back and forth a bit. Good Luck/Bad Luck...I believe him holding onto the ball will persist his entire career. Just a part of his mental makeup rather than how he plays. I don't think its intentional. I think that switch just has not clicked to get rid of the ball. I'm just not putting much into how to O Line/D Line plays right now. I gotta see that in preseason.

I do however like that we incorporated the Oklahoma Drill and I think Philbin seems to be more hands on with the O Line and gives a lot of instruction and wont let his players off easy

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Been feeling this way as well. Hearing nothing is better than hearing he is tolering it up out there, right? :D

40 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

So pumped for Sunday, I haven't been this pumped for a preseason game in years. There are so many new faces, potential young gems to prove their worth.  I took Monday off ahahaha!!!

I tend to do this too when I am super pumped about something. Its so rewarding!

33 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Meh, injuries they have sustained are a part of camp.

I know but its tough to get any consistency going as a unit when there is constantly one or more out for a sustained period of time. Kelly has been down a week now basically and Thornton has been off n on the whole camp I think. Of all the unit's on this team that needs to be healthy, other than QB, its the offensive line. I suppose none of these are serious, atleast I hope they arent, but it still makes it tough to gel.

21 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm going to have my eyes glued on Austin Blythe the whole preseason.  I want Harrison out of here so bad I can taste it.  I really hope Blythe performs well.

I was think that this might be a small blessing in that Blythe will get more snaps and perhaps we can see if he is better than Harrison and deserves to replace him.  I sure hope so.   

21 hours ago, Everyone said:

With them switching to 3 WR sets I don't see them keeping 4 TEs. More likely to keep 6 WRs imo or an extra OL.

I think you're right.  If they keep 4 TE's then it suggests they really aren't done with 2 TE sets as a big part of the offense.  I actually loved the idea of 2 TE sets, but I don't think we were able to take advantage of them as we rarely had both our top TE's healthy to run the plays we needed.  I see Swoope as a Red Zone threat and we know how good Allen is in the red zone.  I wonder how good Swoope or Doyle will be downfield if Allen gets hurt again?  

19 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I am hopeful that it is just a case where he's not been dinged up. he hasn't been getting burned by anyone for scores, but simply hasn't had a pick yet, so solid play without fireworks.  That would be okay.. playing opposite Davis we need him to be a solid catch stopper (i.e. don't get scored on) and don't make big mistakes or get hurt.  He doesn't need to pick off passes to be solid.  I guess that's the most positive way to look at it.  No news at this stage of the game is more often good news than bad news.  

1 hour ago, theanarchist said:

I know but its tough to get any consistency going as a unit when there is constantly one or more out for a sustained period of time. Kelly has been down a week now basically and Thornton has been off n on the whole camp I think. Of all the unit's on this team that needs to be healthy, other than QB, its the offensive line. I suppose none of these are serious, atleast I hope they arent, but it still makes it tough to gel.

Doesn't sound like Kelly is going to be out much longer and Thorton may have already lost his starting job anyway.  Plus, the colts have one extra preseason game so that should help Kelly.