Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's TD Production

ColtsFanMikeC

"Few have produced like Andrew Luck

Despite missing nine games in 2015, Luck still ranks fourth in NFL history with 101 passing touchdowns through his first four seasons, trailing only Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson."

This is from ESPN.com -- Marino had 142 TDs, Manning 111 TDs, Russell Wilson 106 TDs and Luck had 101 TDs after 4 seasons.  Luck is the only one of that group to have missed any significant time over the first 4 years -- I would assume, had Luck played 9 more games that he'd be 2nd behind Marino (maybe tied or just behind Peyton).  Pretty darn impressive, if you ask me.

27 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

That stat shows how good Andrew is. Can't wait to see him healthy and with a competent OC running the offense this year.

An improved OC, a healthy (and hopefully wiser) Andrew, and an improved OL should do wonders for him.  I know it's been mentioned a bunch in the past, but with the speed and skill we have at WR, if the OL can get Andrew a little more time than he is used to (and it sounds like there are some roll-out plays being incorporated into the playbook), I expect him to put up very strong numbers this year.

1 hour ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

An improved OC, a healthy (and hopefully wiser) Andrew, and an improved OL should do wonders for him.  I know it's been mentioned a bunch in the past, but with the speed and skill we have at WR, if the OL can get Andrew a little more time than he is used to (and it sounds like there are some roll-out plays being incorporated into the playbook), I expect him to put up very strong numbers this year.

I couldn't agree more. I think he throws somewhere between 30-35 tds. He will win comeback player of the year. 

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

You people!
 No run game, different era of rules, pass happy, in a pathetic division for defense.
 Looking through blue colored glasses.
 He has a __load to prove.

Us people??   Luck has zero to prove especially to you. He has broken just about every record that can be broken for a 3 1/2 year QB including HOF QBs. We need to quit looking through blue colored glasses? No, it is you who need a dose of reality and quit looking through your negative black colored glasses.

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Luck had a god awful year, with 12 picks. But take it in, had he played the whole year he woulda been on pace for 37 touchdowns (which would have lead the  league)

I don't think Luck was every really 'right' this past year -- a lot of talk about his shoulder and some other injuries that may have been 'hidden' to the media.  His line was also awful, and the offensive play calling/game planning under Pep was pretty darn bad.  Injuries (e.g., Dorsett) and under performance (e.g., Andre Johnson) from several players in his arsenal also didn't help -- it sounds like Dorsett is healthy and has done a work to improve over the offseason, Moncrief and TY have gotten better every year they've been in the league (and we seemingly may have an improved line which will allow Luck to utilize the speed of those 3).

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

You people!
 No run game, different era of rules, pass happy, in a pathetic division for defense.

He still has a lot to prove, but our team was also 2-14 and the laughing stock of the league when Luck came aboard.  It's not like he came in and was playing with far superior talent than other teams we played against.  He's won A LOT of big games in the regular season, not just beating our 'pathetic division for defense', which also happens to have the best defensive player in the league for the past several years.  There are a bunch of other players in this league who are good/great QBs that played with similar or the same sets of rules, who don't have the numbers Luck has.

In 3.5 years, Luck has already proven he's a very good player in this league.  He has to reduce his turnovers, he has to learn when to call it quits on a play to keep himself healthy, he has to start faster and not rely on the comeback so much -- but he really doesn't have a whole lot to prove to suggest he is a very good player in this league and he doesn't have to do anything to prove he has already been playing and producing at a high level.

4 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I don't think Luck was every really 'right' this past year -- a lot of talk about his shoulder and some other injuries that may have been 'hidden' to the media.  His line was also awful, and the offensive play calling/game planning under Pep was pretty darn bad.  Injuries (e.g., Dorsett) and under performance (e.g., Andre Johnson) from several players in his arsenal also didn't help -- it sounds like Dorsett is healthy and has done a work to improve over the offseason, Moncrief and TY have gotten better every year they've been in the league (and we seemingly may have an improved line which will allow Luck to utilize the speed of those 3).

Oh yeah for sure I agree, there were TONS of stuff that were holding Luck back this year. With a healthier offense, better Oline play, and better play calling, he should get AT LEAST 30 TDs

On 6/25/2016 at 6:57 PM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

"Few have produced like Andrew Luck

Despite missing nine games in 2015, Luck still ranks fourth in NFL history with 101 passing touchdowns through his first four seasons, trailing only Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson."

This is from ESPN.com -- Marino had 142 TDs, Manning 111 TDs, Russell Wilson 106 TDs and Luck had 101 TDs after 4 seasons.  Luck is the only one of that group to have missed any significant time over the first 4 years -- I would assume, had Luck played 9 more games that he'd be 2nd behind Marino (maybe tied or just behind Peyton).  Pretty darn impressive, if you ask me.

You would be right. . . He would just need 10 TD's in those 9 games to tie Manning.  I'm pretty sure he could have easily done that.  

Luck may have done poorly, for many reasons, but the biggest (outside of injury that is) to me was the O-line.  How bad was it?  A RB who had gone over 1,000 yards rushing for like the last decade did not hit 1,000 yards.  The QB was beaten up and eventually knocked out for the season.  There is a HUGE reason the front office focused on O-line so heavily in the draft.  The Colts have improved, if not fixed, their weakest link.  This can only improve the team as a whole IMHO.

5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Luck may have done poorly, for many reasons, but the biggest (outside of injury that is) to me was the O-line.  How bad was it?  A RB who had gone over 1,000 yards rushing for like the last decade did not hit 1,000 yards.  The QB was beaten up and eventually knocked out for the season.  There is a HUGE reason the front office focused on O-line so heavily in the draft.  The Colts have improved, if not fixed, their weakest link.  This can only improve the team as a whole IMHO.

You also may add the offensive line didn't protect 5 quarterbacks. All five got pretty beat up. A lot of people want to blame Luck for his injuries but I seen the Colts use 5 QBs and none of them went without getting pounded.

16 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

We have the future.

On June 26, 2016 at 5:38 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Us people??   Luck has zero to prove especially to you. He has broken just about every record that can be broken for a 3 1/2 year QB including HOF QBs. We need to quit looking through blue colored glasses? No, it is you who need a dose of reality and quit looking through your negative black colored glasses.

If Luck throws for 30 test, that will be very good. We still do not know if Luck is completely healthy. I won't relax until I see him play well and take some big hits on thatshoulder and a 300 lbs monster driving that shoulder into the turf. I will not be convinced that he can be the same player until I see that happen.

14 minutes ago, Ollonesomeme said:

If Luck throws for 30 test, that will be very good. We still do not know if Luck is completely healthy. I won't relax until I see him play well and take some big hits on thatshoulder and a 300 lbs monster driving that shoulder into the turf. I will not be convinced that he can be the same player until I see that happen.

So how many players can withstand any 300 pounder driving their shoulder into the turf healthy or not? I would be interested in seeing your list.

On 6/26/2016 at 4:35 PM, throwing BBZ said:

You people!

For someone as condescending as you are, I would expect you to be right more often.  Your list of checks against Luck shows "no run game."  Wouldn't that be factor in his favor?  

I don't think anyone on this board believes he is a finished product who has proven all there is to prove.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So how many players can withstand any 300 pounder driving their shoulder into the turf healthy or not? I would be interested in seeing your list.

I do not have one because I do not think Luck can do it and because I beleve that there will be a big target sign on that shoulder that every defensive player will be aiming for. I doubt that Luck plays all 16 games. He has a better chance if he protects it and avoids contact there. I am not sure that he will or can do that.