Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the AFC South's finishing records

TYtheGHOST

On May 31, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Myles said:

At best?   Really?

I'm not putting my money on him being an MVP, but he showed some signs of being capable of being a good QB.   I'd take him as it is now over Cutler.   I think he'll be motivated to play hard and be prepared.  

What makes me pick Houston most is their defense.   Easily the best in the division.   With Miller at RB, I think they could be the 2nd best offense in the division.  

I also think Osweiler is a major upgrade. He won't play well enough to win many games on his ability alone but he should produce very few turnovers and with Houston's defense, that should win a lot of games.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts 10-6

Texans 9-7

Jags 7-9

Titans 5-11

with what we did last year with out luck and going 8-8 behind a bad offensive line and then henry anderson going down with a season ending injury our defensive line fell apart, I think with Luck back, a healthy receiving group, and a better offensive line the colts win the division. The defense will be improved especially in the secondary, as i feel Patrick Robinson is a huge upgrade in our secondary. 

Houston made a lot of upgrades most notable signing Lamar Miller, but also drafting Will Fuller. but i think they over paid for Osweiler. I am not sold on him as a starting QB. I think a lot of his success last season came because of denvers defense. if he ends up in a shoot out i think he gets beat. will be an interesting game when the texans and colts play each other. 

On May 26, 2016 at 3:22 PM, bravo4460 said:

Im not sure how someone could say that after they won it last year and didn't lose many players.

To many people base expectations and predictions off of the offseason.

The only times the Texans can manage to take the division is w/our starting quarterback out of commission. And JJ Watt can only do so much. That monster D they've been building for years now, haven't been able to stop us consistently enough to take the division. With yet another unknown under center for them(I know Osweiller has a few wins under his belt, but the Texans O can't compare to the Broncos) they will be hard pressed for the division this year, returning talent or not. 

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Colts 10-6

Texans 9-7

Jags 7-9

Titans 5-11

with what we did last year with out luck and going 8-8 behind a bad offensive line and then henry anderson going down with a season ending injury our defensive line fell apart, I think with Luck back, a healthy receiving group, and a better offensive line the colts win the division. The defense will be improved especially in the secondary, as i feel Patrick Robinson is a huge upgrade in our secondary. 

Houston made a lot of upgrades most notable signing Lamar Miller, but also drafting Will Fuller. but i think they over paid for Osweiler. I am not sold on him as a starting QB. I think a lot of his success last season came because of denvers defense. if he ends up in a shoot out i think he gets beat. will be an interesting game when the texans and colts play each other. 

With the Houston defense, there should not be many shootouts. Osweiler just needs to be good,not great for them to win games.

Colts 23 - 0  (Yeah, pre and post season counts!!!)

Everyone else...  :76evil: 

(This Blue drank much better than Purple Drank!!)

If Jax can get team chemistry together quick enough (a bigger IF than we may think), they could be over .500, maybe 9-7

Mariota is going to be much better, so add 3 games on the W column for TN

Osweiler has tape now, and little experience.  Out of Bortles, Mariota, and Osweiler, I feel only Blake Bortles is currently capable of seeing and beating some/most of the  stunt/blitz packages we will present {which we will need at times because of lack or premier edge rushers}.  The other two are still too new to the position, haven't seen everything D scheme wise, and the speed of the game is still reducing their progressions and defense recognition skills. They can still be fooled into pressure turnovers or sacks at times.

Osweiler will have to overcome the confusing looks opposing D coordinators throw at him. But if Texans O line keeps his jersey clean consistently, he'll develop quickly enough and have to be reckoned with.  Especially next year.  I still think 8-8 is probable because of lack of in game experience at QB, and he is essentially a rookie in some respects, and a studious vet in some others.

Colts   10 - 6

Jax       9 - 7

Texans 8-8

Titans  6-10

We need a better developed defense next year (which I feel we most likely will have, just needing an Edge rush and ball hawking safety.  Then whatever else shows as the season progresses.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Colts 23 - 0  (Yeah, pre and post season counts!!!)

Everyone else...  :76evil: 

(This Blue drank much better than Purple Drank!!)

If Jax can get team chemistry together quick enough (a bigger IF than we may think), they could be over .500, maybe 9-7

Mariota is going to be much better, so add 3 games on the W column for TN

Osweiler has tape now, and little experience.  Out of Bortles, Mariota, and Osweiler, I feel only Blake Bortles is currently capable of seeing and beating some/most of the  stunt/blitz packages we will present {which we will need at times because of lack or premier edge rushers}.  The other two are still too new to the position, haven't seen everything D scheme wise, and the speed of the game is still reducing their progressions and defense recognition skills. They can still be fooled into pressure turnovers or sacks at times.

Osweiler will have to overcome the confusing looks opposing D coordinators throw at him. But if Texans O line keeps his jersey clean consistently, he'll develop quickly enough and have to be reckoned with.  Especially next year.  I still think 8-8 is probable because of lack of in game experience at QB, and he is essentially a rookie in some respects, and a studious vet in some others.

Colts   10 - 6

Jax       9 - 7

Texans 8-8

Titans  6-10

We need a better developed defense next year (which I feel we most likely will have, just needing an Edge rush and ball hawking safety.  Then whatever else shows as the season progresses.

I am not sold on the Texans but I cant see them being worse. I say they and Jacks go 9-7, we will be 10-6, and the Titans will be in the cellar. Osweiler is a slight upgrade from what they had but not sold on him either and they wont beat us here in Indy this upcoming season if Andrew is healthy.

I still think those who are pointing to the other teams in the division being so much better are relying on unproven players to come though for them just like the Colts are.  And all we know is it took the Colts losing their best player for another team to win the division, and just barely so.  Until I see it, I still think the Colts with a healthy Luck are the team to beat.  The other teams may put up a fight, but I'll take my chances with Luck & Co.

On 6/3/2016 at 9:05 AM, Coltfreak said:

Did anyone actually look at the schedules for the other teams or just guess numbers that equal 16?

I can't speak for anyone else but I just guessed numbers that added to 16.  

On 6/3/2016 at 9:16 AM, Coltfreak said:

Colts 11-5

Jax  7-9  tough schedule

Houston  7-9    tough schedule

Tennesee  2-14 with wins at Detroit and home against Cleveland

You know that there are really only 2 games different on each teams schedule. 

Colts get the Jets and Steelers.

Jags get The Ravens and Bills

Titans get the Dolphins and Browns

Texans get the Pats and Bengals.  

22 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I still think those who are pointing to the other teams in the division being so much better are relying on unproven players to come though for them just like the Colts are.  And all we know is it took the Colts losing their best player for another team to win the division, and just barely so.  Until I see it, I still think the Colts with a healthy Luck are the team to beat.  The other teams may put up a fight, but I'll take my chances with Luck & Co.

If the Colts unproven players don't come through for them, Luck may not make it through the season.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

You know that there are really only 2 games different on each teams schedule. 

Colts get the Jets and Steelers.

Jags get The Ravens and Bills

Titans get the Dolphins and Browns

Texans get the Pats and Bengals.  

And they all still have to play Indy twice.  

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, ColtsBleedBlue said:

Can't wait for the season to start. When we win this division, I won't say I told you unbelievers so.

Yeah I agree. Until someone beats us with a healthy Andrew I am not buying the other teams being better. I have us at 10 wins which will be good enough to take the Division. Texans and Jags will be decent but wont win more than 9 games, probably 9. Titans are still a year away from doing anything. I have us going 4-2 in the Division, 6-4 outside

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree. Until someone beats us with a healthy Andrew I am not buying the other teams being better. I have us at 10 wins which will be good enough to take the Division. Texans and Jags will be decent but wont win more than 9 games, probably 9. Titans are still a year away from doing anything. I have us going 4-2 in the Division, 6-4 outside

Thank You!!!

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

i don't know how you guys can makes all these predictions... you must have espn or something

If you watch ESPN they have us stinking up the joint LOL. That network is funny at times. That is probably why everyone is quitting that network. Even Berman is retiring. You know when Skip leaves a job like he has something goofy is going on. He has the easiest job in the world, gets to argue about sports, be wrong 90% of the time and still make huge money.

13 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

i don't know how you guys can makes all these predictions... you must have like espn or something

I tell my wife that one all the time.  When she asks how I know I just tell her I have ESPN.  She rolls her eyes of course.

1 hour ago, ColtsBleedBlue said:

Thank You!!!

Have the Colts ever been over .500 outside of the division in the Luck era? I don't think they will be this year either. The 4-2 record in the division (about right in my opinion) means that getting 10 wins will be a problem.

23 minutes ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Have the Colts ever been over .500 outside of the division in the Luck era? I don't think they will be this year either. The 4-2 record in the division (about right in my opinion) means that getting 10 wins will be a problem.

2012 actually, they went 4-2 in the division and 7-3 out of it.