Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Request Permission To Interview Saints Oc

MTC

I think the Saints are set for a downfall. They are losing all their coaches.

Why we got Peyton?

We could sit Brees behind Manning and when Peyton decides to retire Brees could be his heir.

Or we keep him on the roster so that we never have to play him again. LoL.

The Saints OC as either our OC or head coach would be awesome. Let's make it happen.

They already hired a GM younger than me, now they are looking at a coach younger than me as well. Man it sucks getting old.

Coffee will do that to ya. Drink Mountain Dew - all the kids do it.

I know I'm getting carried away with this but Marques Colston and Robert Meachem are both free agents also.

Well depending on what happens with Manning, Wayne, and Garcon we could very well be in the market for a WR. I don't think we would bring both in but it wouldn't shock me if we have money and we hired the Saints guy if we didn't bring one of them in.

Are we talking to him for the HC spot? If we are talking to him for the OC spot then this will be a nice grab. Get it done Grigson!

HC...at the moment we still have an OC. Clyde Christensen has yet to be fired. I am not saying he wont be but just at the moment that poistion isn't open.

I honestly don't like this. We don't need another one sided, pass happy team. I would much rather seem someone with the same kind of team idea as im Harbaugh brought to the 49ers. He wanted to restore them to more like they were in the 80s. He installed a west coast offense and defense that is very balanced. I honestly think we have the tools to do the same thing. But we can't have another coach that wants to do nothing but pass on everydown. That works great....in regular season. I think had we had a more balanced team, we would have had more rings over the last 10 years.

I honestly don't like this. We don't need another one sided, pass happy team. I would much rather seem someone with the same kind of team idea as im Harbaugh brought to the 49ers. He wanted to restore them to more like they were in the 80s. He installed a west coast offense and defense that is very balanced. I honestly think we have the tools to do the same thing. But we can't have another coach that wants to do nothing but pass on everydown. That works great....in regular season. I think had we had a more balanced team, we would have had more rings over the last 10 years.

Just worth mentioning when Brian Bilick went to the Ravens he was an OC before hand. When Dungy came here he was a DC earlier in his career. Just because a guy comes out of one type of system doesn't mean that's what he is going to end up with at his new job.

I am all for balance and I am sure whoever the new coach is going to be they are probably going to want some kinda balance too.

If we had a defense we would have won more rings. Bringing this guy as head coach has no bearing on how good our defense will be. Hopefully we get a great DC.

It makes no sense to make a lateral move..especially from the Saints to the Colts. How would he benefit?

True, so assuming it's a head coach position, he would have the opportunity to work in the Colts pass-happy offense under possibly Peyton Manning and to work alongside a hot 1st overall QB prospect in Andrew Luck. I'd say that's incentive enough to come on. Plus, with our team being so bad, we have nowhere to go but up, so he will have some easy guarantees in his contract about improving the team to help add to his resume.

Toward the end of the presser Irsay mentioned "balance" and "defense" as part of his declaration. Very encouraging. In today's NFL you have to be able to put up 30+ to win in those type games though. Look at this year's playoff results. All of this wholesale change is in no small part credited to the un-balanced way this team has been built for about a decade......clearly things are going to be different. We'll be fine. Looking forward to this....

I think this hire would be better than Gray, just a year ago Gray couldn't find a job and was lined up to be the defensive backs coach at the University of Texas - it would be a pretty big jump to go from that to Head Coach in the NFL. I think Carmichael would be a good hire - after all, in his first game calling the plays this season he dropped 62 points on our very own Colts. Probably that alone got him this interview.

As GM: I would hire Jim Tressell as HC, simply because he can handle clock management.

Next, I would hire Jack Del Rio as DC. He would provide strong leadership and a thorough knowledge of the AFC South.

Then, for OC I suppose I would retain Clyde, unless I could somehow get Carmichael.

Just becasue a guy was an OC doesn't mean we will neglect the D. Or visa-versa. Let's see who the coordinators are and who Grigson choses to draft. That will determine how well either side of the ball does more than anything.

Don't forget, Dungy was a defensive guy and Billick was an offensive coach.

As GM: I would hire Jim Tressell as HC, simply because he can handle clock management.

Next, I would hire Jack Del Rio as DC. He would provide strong leadership and a thorough knowledge of the AFC South.

Then, for OC I suppose I would retain Clyde, unless I could somehow get Carmichael.

If I could choose Id take Mike Zimmer for HC, Del Rio for DC, and I think I would keep Clyde as well