Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone that thought Castonzo had a bad year

CR91

In the run game: With Castonzo healthy in 2015,  Frank Goreicon-article-link.gif  averaged 3.95 yards per carry. Without Castonzo for three games, Gore averaged just 2.68 yards per carry.

In the pass game: With Castonzo healthy in 2015, the Colts gave up an average of 1.9 sacks in 13 games. Without Castonzo for three games, the Colts allowed 3.6 sacks per game.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

In the run game: With Castonzo healthy in 2015,  Frank Goreicon-article-link.gif  averaged 3.95 yards per carry. Without Castonzo for three games, Gore averaged just 2.68 yards per carry.

In the pass game: With Castonzo healthy in 2015, the Colts gave up an average of 1.9 sacks in 13 games. Without Castonzo for three games, the Colts allowed 3.6 sacks per game.

That could be due to the quality of teams we played when he was hurt or maybe he had a down yr but he is still but better than his back up ?

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

You also need to look at his play when Jack was playing RT. He was even worst. The statistics you posted don't help his case at all. 

how is being better at the run and pass blocking overall not helping his case

He did have a down year, but I mean he wasn't terrible. I fully expect him to bounce back. He's not Joe Thomas or nothing, but he's still a top 10 LT. With the right moves in the draft we could finally have a really good offensive line. Castanzo bouncing back, Mewhort should be a stud now having 2 full years under his belt, Then between Good and Reitz our RT should be at least above average. Then maybe Thornton breaks out in the new ZBS and becomes a top tier guard? But we'll definitely draft a G and C in the draft, and like I said. With the right picks we could have something that seemed impossible the least few years......A good O-Line!!!!! My hope is this Thornton breaks out and becomes a beast in his 4th season similar to Jeff Allen..... Castanzo-Mewhort-Martin-Thornton-Good...........We have to draft a Guard early no matter what so if he doesn't break out....Castanzo-Mewhort-Martin-Whitehair-Good

Do you know who thought Castanzo had a bad year?      Anthony Castanzo.     He said so in the interviews he did with Colts.com

Probably his worst year as a pro.      How much was injuries and how much was something else,  I don't know.

All I know is Castanzo did not try to hide behind anything.     He said he thought he had a very poor first half of the season.

I'm still not convinced that all the drama circling the coaching staff didn't affect the players. They say it didn't  but across the board, pretty much everyone had a down year. That's a sign of coaching. Not blaming Pagano per say but it's possible the players were distracted by the constant negative media questions and theories. Luck being hurt certainly didn't help matters.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know who thought Castanzo had a bad year?      Anthony Castanzo.     He said so in the interviews he did with Colts.com

Probably his worst year as a pro.      How much was injuries and how much was something else,  I don't know.

All I know is Castanzo did not try to hide behind anything.     He said he thought he had a very poor first half of the season.

What you expect him to throw his teammates under the bus? He took responsibility because he's the leader of that group.

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

So let us talk about how lucky we are to have Reitz!
 And Castonzo embarrassed himself in the first half of the season, and He said so to the Press.

15 hours ago, LockeDown said:

It's not absurd to draft a tackle even though you already have a good one.  Good ones are just too hard to get.

Its also hard to to pay for good tackles. The contracts they get are more than decent. 

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I blame the photo shoot,

635717749013177977-coltsespn.jpg

Poor Costanzo "blessed" with hose high as hell hip flares. 

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

What you expect him to throw his teammates under the bus? He took responsibility because he's the leader of that group.

Sorry,  no.     That's not what he was doing.

O-lineman don't throw teammates under the bus,   but they will say that the line isn't doing a very good job.

Castanzo didn't say that.      He said that HE was having a very poor season.    And it came around the same time that all of us here were saying the same thing and that his grades were showing he was having a poor year.

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So let us talk about how lucky we are to have Reitz!
 And Castonzo embarrassed himself in the first half of the season, and He said so to the Press.

Maybe it was because of that great player development he was getting from Joe Philbin last season.

On March 29, 2016 at 7:49 AM, csmopar said:

I'm still not convinced that all the drama circling the coaching staff didn't affect the players. They say it didn't  but across the board, pretty much everyone had a down year. That's a sign of coaching. Not blaming Pagano per say but it's possible the players were distracted by the constant negative media questions and theories. Luck being hurt certainly didn't help matters.

Yeah that's true. Castonzo, Vontae, and Luck all had their worst years in 2015. The only star that was still good was Hilton, even though some people still refuse to give him credit.