Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bye Bye Denver!!!!!

Well. That's it Denver fans. It'll be fun to watch Oakland take over that division for the next 10 years or so. And I think it'll start this year. KC will be good. But look for Oakland to win 10 or 11 games and be relevant again. San Diego should be better too. Oddly The only bad team will probably be Denver. Unless they use the entire draft and their 1st next year to move up and get Goff or Wentz.

How do you think Oakland is going to make jumps so quickly? Plus I don't know why people do not think about things like players getting big money, but for the next team, it does not work because it was the scheme that helped them. Also, what about chemistry? If FA was so great, Miami, Washington, would have won several

super bowls over the past few years!

6 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Well. That's it Denver fans. It'll be fun to watch Oakland take over that division for the next 10 years or so. And I think it'll start this year. KC will be good. But look for Oakland to win 10 or 11 games and be relevant again. San Diego should be better too. Oddly The only bad team will probably be Denver. Unless they use the entire draft and their 1st next year to move up and get Goff or Wentz.

Would you care to make a gentleman's bet that Denver doesn't finish last in the AFC West?

I'm not a betting man,  but I'll make that bet.     I don't know who the Broncos QB will be,  but whether it's Kaepernick,   or RG3,  or Mike Glennon,  or the Cincy back-up who QB'd for Alabama -- one of those guys....   whoever it is I think Denver will NOT finish last in their division.

Not with that defense.

They just powered through the playoffs with almost no offense....      I'm not saying they'll do that again,  only that they won't finish at the bottom of the AFC West.

Do you want that bet?

13 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The D alone will make Denver competitive again 

This ^^^ Look we all know Peyton was horrible this season. I dont know what 

Osweiler will be cabable of as a starting QB but he wasnt impressive to me. But how much better can Denver do at QB is the question. Jackson will be a huge loss but Denver is obviously great with pass rushers and secondary and the draft has enough talent that can cover their needs. Denver is one team in the league that can get a game manager at QB and still be very good. Plus they have enough money to make some moves now also. 

On 3/10/2016 at 8:09 PM, BOTT said:

They won a lot of games with 2 very mediocre quarterbacks.  I wouldn't count the out.

It is likely they end up with Ryan Fitzpatrick if they fail with Colin Kaepernick, IMO. Do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick can't do the job they wanted Brock to do for a year or two? I think he can, very much.

Jets were not willing to pony up more than $8 mil. a year, Elway can seal the deal with $10 mil. a year with Fitzpatrick, that is peanuts for a starter, IMO.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is likely they end up with Ryan Fitzpatrick if they fail with Colin Kaepernick, IMO. Do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick can't do the job they wanted Brock to do for a year or two? I think he can, very much.

Jets were not willing to pony up more than $8 mil. a year, Elway can seal the deal with $10 mil. a year with Fitzpatrick, that is peanuts for a starter, IMO.

Fitz could win a SB in Denver, so could Kaep. Both are better than Brock. Not saying they will but I would trust them winning 11 or 12 games with that Defense and winning a Playoff game at worse, Kaep was just in the SB a couple of years ago. Elway might get the last laugh if he lands one of those 2. Their Defense is that great.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fitz could win a SB in Denver, so could Kaep. Both are better than Brock. Not saying they will but I would trust them winning 11 or 12 games with that Defense and winning a Playoff game at worse, Kaep was just in the SB a couple of years ago. Elway might get the last laugh if he lands one of those 2. Their Defense is that great.

I would flip if they signed Johnny Manziel as a back up, it would be just like a Tebow circus, another kind of circus back in town for Denver :). Manziel can play that offense easily, IMO, his issue is his own life and dedication to football.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I would flip if they signed Johnny Manziel as a back up, it would be just like a Tebow circus, another kind of circus back in town for Denver :). Manziel can play that offense easily, IMO, his issue is his own life and dedication to football.

I thought maybe they might sign RG3. Which would be the best thing that ever happened to him.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Honestly Fitz is good enough to win with that team as long as the defense plays at 80% of last years level. Tbh I think hes better now than Manning in terms of throwing and not turning the rock over than last year but I honestly wouldn't count on him (or Manning) being able to lead a game winning drive consistently. But he really shouldn't have to with that D.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Kap's probably going to Cleveland.

That's where he wants to play and I'm sure the Browns are that stupid they have a chance to draft a young QB to develop and they wanna trade for this garbage and his monster contract typical Browns