Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens expect Osemele to leave in FA (Merge)

Would vastly improve our o-line but at what cost? He turned down an aggressive offer so what he is looking for? More money? Better chance at a SB? Grigson values flexibility and that is something Osemele offers. If Grigson is able to get him at a reasonable price that would allow us to do BPA come draft. Just depends on what Luck is looking for and hopefully he takes a discount so we can land a premier o-line addition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/07/ravens-except-osemele-to-leave/

The Ravens will not have enough cap space to keep Osemele and is looking for $11 mil and expected to get $9 mil per the article at NBCSports.  After looking at the age, stats, and other measurables, I think he would be a great fit and a high urgency target to go after in free agency.  Thoughts and comments?  

26 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Time to break the bank.

At this point I'd rather overpay for talent than underpay for garbage.

I totally agree stupid Grigson should have been doing this from the get go and our D would be much better you dong get great young talent for cheap in FA 

but it no matter what we offer one of those crazy teams can out bid us the have double our cap space

He will receive more than 11mil/year.  So the many people who kept saying we could grab him for maybe 10/year let this sink in of how this FA will go.  Multiple overpaid players and we will worry about getting our guys back and not much else.  We are middle of the pack with cap space so we are no competition unless a player has his heart set to come here.  Don't see that at all!

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

He will receive more than 11mil/year.  So the many people who kept saying we could grab him for maybe 10/year let this sink in of how this FA will go.  Multiple overpaid players and we will worry about getting our guys back and not much else.  We are middle of the pack with cap space so we are no competition unless a player has his heart set to come here.  Don't see that at all!

I would have offered him the same deal. he would be a huge upgrade and is totally worth ever cent.

I would have loved to have him here too.  He's only 26.  But for $12M a year?  When you have to give a Brink's truck to Andrew Luck?  I dunno.  On the other hand, in 3 or 4 years this may be the going rate for a top-notch guard.  I would have liked to have him I just don't think it's feasible in Indy.  Let the Raiders overpay for him.

yep, lets not overpay an Olineman.  They aren't important to the offense at all.  I say we just continue to sign old washed up lineman and CFL players we can pay next to nothing.  It has worked out so far....right??