Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calvin Johnson considering retirement

CR91

1 hour ago, SkyBane said:

Retirement is a nifty way to get out of a contract.

Only by choosing not to play.  There is a retired reserve list that players who have retired while still under contract can and often do go to.  This prevents a player from retiring and then signing a contract with a different team.

He could possibly get out of his contract that way, but will he do it for that reason, maybe not. He has millions on millions of dollars and he has his health for the most part. I would say hang them up because it's probably not worth the pain your body will be in later in life.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I would be thinking the same if I played for the Lions this long.

or he Bears, or the Cowboys, or the Eagles...

...he's got more money than he can ever spend and he wants to stop getting hit in the head 12 times on Sunday.

He's got more money than the city of Detroit...why keep heading toward that next concussion?

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

I think it's to get out of Detroit which I support since he's not running his mouth about it. For everybody comparing him to Palmer and Sanders...well yeah. It's not like they didn't stick it out for a long time before.

Unless the Lions trade him he either plays there or retires.  Those are the only options 

They'd be dumb not to trade him if that's what he wants. They could con more than 1 team into way more than he's worth. Meanwhile they sure don't want a Chad Johnson case. Not that I think Megatron would purposely mail it in, but if you're heart ain't in it it just ain't in it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Funny how people see the same thing differently.   You think the Colts OL is average.   Average?!?    To me, that’s jaw dropping.     You could make an easy argument that listing QB as you do is nothing more than Fan Boy cheer leading.  Richardson played less than 200 snaps.  In essence, he’s still a rookie.     But I can’t get over listing the OL as average.  Hey, it’s your post.  You set it up with Potential, Average and Concern.   And by doing so I think you’ve painted yourself into a corner.   The Colts offensive line is AVERAGE?!?   Shaking my head doesn’t begin to cover it.   
    • if tyson had hit you probability is you would not have woke up, lol
    • People shouldn't get too excited yet. The case could be thrown out later. In the meantime, the NFL will appeal this, which is going to take a long time. It might change how the NFL charges streaming services, but it could be years (or maybe never) that anyone sees payout from this case. 
    • TE atleast have players that have produced. Can't say the same thing about the LBers. Franklin and Speed are the only LBers on the team I trust to play significant snaps 
    • I agree with most of this. I would switch TE and LB. The TE's are trash until proven otherwise IMO. No one is a no1 TE on any team that we have. It's all a bunch of what ifs that have potential. Like throwing darts at a dartboard.    The LBers are actually average IMO. Franklin and Speed are pretty solid, and there is potential for good depth. I'd rather us be in a position where we have potential for good depth than a situation at TE where there's 4 guys who might be good enough to be a no1 on the team.
  • Members

• Shadow_Creek

Shadow_Creek 1,151

• JediXMan

JediXMan 4,675

• gspdx

gspdx 1,658

• IndyEV

IndyEV 97

• colts89

colts89 1,051

• jvan1973