Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore

Mr.Debonair

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

with fewer games played and a much higher ypc.  he also had 4 more tds and  less fumbles

Fewer games game played, but 31 less attempts. So it's not that much of a discrepancy as you're trying to make it out to be. But whatever, if you're not satisfied with Gore, then good luck finding a better RB that can run behind this line. 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the thing here is we had 30 mil that had to be spent.  you could argue we haven't drafted well enough to pay our own guys that much though

Thats the problem.  We had to spend that money because of the house cleaning that took place before 2012.  But after 4 years you would hope that some of those guys that were drafted in the first two years could start stepping into some of the holes and slowly start to not rely on free agents so much.  So far the only players that he has drafted that are making a significant positive impact IMO are Luck and Hilton.  Fleener, Allen, Moncrief have all shown flashes but are inconsistent.  That defense has almost no guys that we drafted.  

But it when you draft guys like Werner, and trade for Trent Richardson, you have to kee relying on free agents.  

10 minutes ago, Solon said:

Fewer games game played, but 31 less attempts. So it's not that much of a discrepancy as you're trying to make it out to be. But whatever, if you're not satisfied with Gore, then good luck finding a better RB that can run behind this line. 

considering gore's age, ypc and contract yes i would let him go.  some of the early problems this year can be blamed right on him too, like his untouched fumble

then he shows up for meaningless games against the fins and titans

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

considering gore's age, ypc and contract yes i would let him go.  some of the early problems this year can be blamed right on him too, like his untouched fumble

then he shows up for meaningless games against the fins and titans

Showed up for the Broncos and Patriots game too. Don't forget that.

7 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

he's just mad because josh freeman had AWFUL gas during the game today

I agree, that gas was so bad, I could smell it from Fort Wayne. You know Josh Freeman had bad gas, because he was smiling a lot.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He thought he would be playing with a healthy Andrew Luck all season, without Andrew we are what we are an 8-8 non-playoff team. We would've been 10-6 and a Playoff team had Andrew not got injured against Denver.  

You sure?   We were 2-5 with Luck.  

16 hours ago, Ryan Pelley said:

Maybe he's still mad about fumbling at the 1 yard line vs. The Jets without being touched.

17 hours ago, Dustin said:

Maybe the season would have went better if he could actually hold onto the football or catch. 

Gore was one of the few bright spots on the team this year. He didn't play perfect, but he played better than 95% of the team even with his mistakes.

33 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

He had his moments where he didn't hold onto the ball and many times where he couldn't haul in a quick pass. It puts it into perspective on how without a good line and coaching, a RB won't succeed.

13 hours ago, Solon said:
13 hours ago, Solon said:

running backs are all about stats.  there is a big difference between 3.7 and and 4.8 ypc.  i'm not saying gore was bad, he helped us win a few games, but he helped us lose a few too.  before yesterday he had only one more TD than fumble.   blame the line if you want but other guys had better years behind bad lines.

he will be what, 33? coming off of his worst season next year.  i'd hate to make RB a huge need right now but gore is already falling off and could hit the wall very soon

He has a lot of passion. I'm sure he didn't envision the season the way it turned out. I'm also sure he has a lot of love playing for Chuck as a lot of the U guys showed before the season. He probably isn't happy to play for another coach but the season is just now over...a lot of time to let this pain heal.

running behind a bad line and NO passing game creates a situation where virtually NO RB can succeed, outside of AP and Sanders.  Gore no longer has the power or speed to make something out of nothing.  He needs the line to give him creases and he will make the most of them, but confronting 8 man fronts with a weak line is too much for any RB (not wearing purple) to overcome.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After the Denver game I think he got his groove back and we would've won the rest of our games with the exception of Pitt IMO had Andrew stayed heathy.

We probably would have won more, but to say "we would've won the rest of our games with the exception of Pitt" is too optimistic in my opinion.

On January 3, 2016 at 4:39 PM, 12isthenew18 said:

Don't blame them. They're right to be angry

But does he want to be here?  If not, and he's only here next season because "he's under contract", then I'd just as soon we look elsewhere for a feature back.

I thought Frank had a decent season, all things considered.  There's still some fuel in that tank. But players who are bitter and negative are cancers, even if they're good.

9 hours ago, A8bil said:

running behind a bad line and NO passing game creates a situation where virtually NO RB can succeed, outside of AP and Sanders.  Gore no longer has the power or speed to make something out of nothing.  He needs the line to give him creases and he will make the most of them, but confronting 8 man fronts with a weak line is too much for any RB (not wearing purple) to overcome.  

Yes, the O-line has to be our top priority.  If I'm Andrew Luck (or Frank Gore, for that matter), I'm demanding it.

We have problem spots on D too, of course.  But, offensively, if we can't do a better job blocking and protecting, then the rest is academic.

Gore was never a cancer with the 49ers.  He's all about winning. It could be that he's frustrated because he made a choice to join the Colts and he may be realizing his chances of winning a SB are no better here than with the 49ers.  that realization could be painful.

Big Joe had a different take on Gore this morning.  He thought Gore's frustration was from not getting to 1,000 yards and honestly thought Gore was being selfish and it made him come across in a bad light.  Again, just one man's opinion but Joe's been out there so he probably has more insight into a football player's mind than most.